2021 Tour Rumors/Status - Page 92 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old Today, 01:59 AM   #2731
Antiramie

Shows Seen: 28

Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
Good point. Southwest isn't going to tell you if the price drops.
There might be apps/websites that will send you price alerts, but I donít know any off the top of my head. I usually just obsessively check manually lol.
Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old Today, 02:02 AM   #2732
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 108

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    There might be apps/websites that will send you price alerts, but I don’t know any off the top of my head. I usually just obsessively check manually lol.
    Yea, I don't know any either. I checked prices for the trip I just mentioned 2-3 times a week after booking. I would text my best friend that I traveled with every time I found a decrease and get her to re-book too. She was like "I don't know how you keep up with this, but thanks!"

Last edited by ExistenceNow; Today at 02:03 AM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 02:04 AM   #2733
    Antiramie

Quote:
    Southwest did something weird recently. I booked my flights for my trip to Arizona that I took last weekend the day the schedule was released. I re-booked twice when the price dropped. Then, SW announced that they were not charging for schedule changes, which I thought was weird, because they already don't, but what it meant was that when I went to change my flight, I could change it to any other available time with no price change, even if that other time would have originally had a higher price, BUT, I could no longer take advantage of any price drops for the time I already booked.
    Huh, odd. Maybe they use an algorithm that recognizes people who book flights at a big discount and try to get you to rebook a different flight that loses them less money, especially if they can resell your original seats to someone new for more now like if there’s more demand for that flight all of a sudden.

No idea, just spitballing.

Last edited by Antiramie; Today at 02:05 AM.
    Old Today, 02:07 AM   #2734
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Quote:
    Huh, odd. Maybe they use an algorithm that recognizes people who book flights at a big discount and try to get you to rebook a different flight that loses them less money, especially if they can resell your original seats for more now.

No idea, just spitballing.

I've never seen anything like that with SW. It could have worked out in my favor if I had booked the cheapest times that didn't really work that well for me; allowing me to book better times that normally would have required me to spend more points to change, but I had the exact times I wanted already, so all it did was keep me from having the chance to lower my price for my trip.
    Old Today, 02:12 AM   #2735
    Antiramie

Quote:
    I've never seen anything like that with SW. It could have worked out in my favor if I had booked the cheapest times that didn't really work that well for me; allowing me to book better times that normally would have required me to spend more points to change, but I had the exact times I wanted already, so all it did was keep me from having the chance to lower my price for my trip.
    Yea thatís one of those hindsight is 20/20 moments. Maybe there was zero chance your flight would go any lower (was it full when that announcement was made?), so maybe it wasnít a compromise but more so SW expanding your options of rebooking at no cost?
    Old Today, 02:18 AM   #2736
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Quote:
    Yea that’s one of those hindsight is 20/20 moments. Maybe there was zero chance your flight would go any lower (was it full when that announcement was made?), so maybe it wasn’t a compromise but more so SW expanding your options of rebooking at no cost?

Yea, it didn't end up hurting me. I searched the site via the VPN I use for school, logged in to SW as a guest, just to make sure they weren't targeting my IP/Account with a price, and the price never dropped below the lowest I got. If it had, I would have called them and asked WTF.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; Today at 02:19 AM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 02:23 AM   #2737
    Antiramie

Quote:
    Yea, it didn't end up hurting me. I searched the site via the VPN I use for school, logged in to SW as a guest, just to make sure they weren't targeting my IP/Account with a price, and the price never dropped below the lowest I got. If it had, I would have called them and asked WTF.
    I can’t imagine they’d resort to tactics like that. With all the flight price trackers and 3rd party booking sites, that’d be easy to catch and probably a recipe for a class action lawsuit. So probably something that United does on the reg then...

Not saying I wouldn’t be double checking that shit too though

Last edited by Antiramie; Today at 02:25 AM.