Official Gilford, NH - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #31
mr. testaverde
King of Prussia

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Gilford, NH

put in for 2 shows. got pit for n2

put in for 4 reserved seats for n1, opted out of lawn. main page of ticket status section says i was confirmed for 4 tix @ $95 each but when i click on the detail it says "You selected RESERVED SEATING $95.00 as your first option but there was insufficient inventory to satisfy all requests at that level." what the hell does that mean?

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-29-2018, 11:07 PM   #32
    Smartshoes

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Can't believe I didn't catch that this is during Bike Week. Yuck. I live 15 minutes from this venue but have to drive directly through the Weirs to get to it. At evening time, the traffic is going to be a bitch. Also, hotels and shit are going to be stupid expensive. Camp if you can? My yard isn't terribly flat but room for some tents...but be prepared for motorcycles right on the road at all hours. Those bastards are everywhere during Bike Week. Or drive an RV and park at Walmart? It's right up the road.

Ellacoya is a good suggestion as it's on the other side of the venue AWAY from the Weirs. Is there camping at Ahern?

Also less convenient this year in that school is still in session. I'm bringing my oldest kid to n1 (his first show, my 21st?)!

In general this is a tiny little venue, parking isn't too bad...it's really just going to be the potential for backups elsewhere trying to get to the venue because of Bike Week and finding a place to stay.
    Smartshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2018, 06:50 AM   #33
    chrisjuniper

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr. testaverde View Post

put in for 4 reserved seats for n1, opted out of lawn. main page of ticket status section says i was confirmed for 4 tix @ $95 each but when i click on the detail it says "You selected RESERVED SEATING $95.00 as your first option but there was insufficient inventory to satisfy all requests at that level." what the hell does that mean?
    all the reserved seats are $95, but there are two levels at that price and aren't clearly labeled differently. In your case, you got confirmed for the second tier of the seating, so most likely uppers.
    chrisjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2018, 06:54 AM   #34
    avis1

Shows Seen: 102

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

How's the onsite camping? Any tips, thoughts, or recommendations? Good
    Luck if you doing citi
    avis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2018, 10:03 AM   #35
    delli17

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

This is my first time going to this venue. I have 4 reserved tix night 1 and 2 Pit tix night 2, how's the seating and PIT (small/big) at this venue? Seems like a small venue so even if you're far back in seating doesn't seem like it'll be that bad.
    delli17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2018, 10:06 AM   #36
    chrisjuniper

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by delli17 View Post
    This is my first time going to this venue. I have 4 reserved tix night 1 and 2 Pit tix night 2, how's the seating and PIT (small/big) at this venue? Seems like a small venue so even if you're far back in seating doesn't seem like it'll be that bad.
    Pit is pretty large. Venue is 8-9k capacity and pretty darn nice. Most seats have a pretty good view, they don't wrap the seating as much as most venues do so most of the seating is a pretty straight-on view of the stage.
    Old 01-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #37
    delli17

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks Chris! Can't wait. any suggestions in terms of the Pit? If you're towards the back of the PIT can you still see decently enough? I know I'm not going to wait early in the morning to try and get right up front in the PIT, but wondering on a best approach here/when I should plan on getting in line to go in
    Old 01-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #38
    Dtree

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

This will be my second time with DMB at Gilford and second time selected for Pits (N2 this year) . Lightning strikes twice!
    I have never had Pits before and it looks like in this thread there are quite a few of us. Its a good Pit, easy in/easy out. Not to big.

The security is quite tight. Do not trip, try to look sober at all times, or you will be cut off (too early) or kicked out.
    Otherwise a very good venue.
    Dtree is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #39
    chrisjuniper

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks Chris! Can't wait. any suggestions in terms of the Pit? If you're towards the back of the PIT can you still see decently enough? I know I'm not going to wait early in the morning to try and get right up front in the PIT, but wondering on a best approach here/when I should plan on getting in line to go in

I don't think you need to do much standing, I wouldn't even bother waiting in the warehouse line for too long. You'll easily have a great view from the back of the pit, it didn't get crazy crowded last year.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dtree View Post
    This will be my second time with DMB at Gilford and second time selected for Pits (N2 this year) . Lightning strikes twice!
    I have never had Pits before and it looks like in this thread there are quite a few of us. Its a good Pit, easy in/easy out. Not to big.

The security is quite tight. Do not trip, try to look sober at all times, or you will be cut off (too early) or kicked out.
    I was about to dispute this, but then I remembered that N1 in '16, a security guard walked up to us at our seats while we were smoking a joint towards the end of the set, and just walked up, took the joint out of our hands, and walked away haha, strangest thing. I can't speak for pit security, I don't really drink so I am not usually hassled by anyone for being drunk/disorderly.
    Old 01-30-2018, 12:59 PM   #40
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Really? The venue seemed very laid back from what I recall. And I've tripped over something at concerts before, when I wasn't even drunk.

I enjoyed this venue and the town in 2016, so had to go back. I got the reverse from Warehouse that I did last time, Reserved N1 and Pit N2 this year.

OK, so it's weird to remember something about a venue, but I've yet to see it anywhere else. They had this tent called "Silent Disco," in the main concessions area. There are lights and stuff, and you put on headphones playing disco music, and everybody is dancing around to the same song. It's called silent disco since for everybody walking by without headphones, it is silent, and it looks like a bunch of weirdos dancing around to nothing. Hung out there after the show for a good while as the crowds left and it made for an enjoyable end to the evening.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2018, 08:59 AM   #41
    delli17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrisjuniper View Post
    I don't think you need to do much standing, I wouldn't even bother waiting in the warehouse line for too long. You'll easily have a great view from the back of the pit, it didn't get crazy crowded last year.

I was about to dispute this, but then I remembered that N1 in '16, a security guard walked up to us at our seats while we were smoking a joint towards the end of the set, and just walked up, took the joint out of our hands, and walked away haha, strangest thing. I can't speak for pit security, I don't really drink so I am not usually hassled by anyone for being drunk/disorderly.
    Interesting.. that was going to be my other question, in terms of smoking in the PIT.. I'm guessing it's more strict in there than if you just had seats?
    Can always go out back to the lawn and smoke and come back to the Pit to watch I guess!
    Old 01-31-2018, 09:11 AM   #42
    chrisjuniper

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Interesting.. that was going to be my other question, in terms of smoking in the PIT.. I'm guessing it's more strict in there than if you just had seats?
    Can always go out back to the lawn and smoke and come back to the Pit to watch I guess!

with the recent decriminalization in NH, I *think* it'll be slightly less of an issue this year.
    Old 02-01-2018, 07:38 AM   #43
    Dtree

My Tour Central Stats

The venue is great. Much better than the Bangor venue.
    Also popped into the silent disco. Weird and fun.

I had a joint pulled from the Pit by security too. One puff, passed it to the girl next to me, and the yellow shirts swooped in took it way. I think they are scanning the crowd very diligently. De-crim might help a bit with that.

Our cab driver in 2016 said that he has picked up a lot of sober people from the "drunk tank" after the Pavilion security took them away.
    I got cut off way too early in 2016. Like 3 beers and that was it for me. I just got my buddy to buy more and all was right again.
    Old 02-01-2018, 12:46 PM   #44
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    all the reserved seats are $95, but there are two levels at that price and aren't clearly labeled differently. In your case, you got confirmed for the second tier of the seating, so most likely uppers.
    thanks. kinda dumb they're not labeled differently, but it's semantics at this point
    Old 02-02-2018, 06:20 AM   #45
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr. testaverde View Post

Quote:
    Damn... just noticed the same on mine. There's not really a bad seat there but it would still be nice to be a little closer.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2018, 07:09 AM   #46
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Snagged a couple for N2 just in case my WH tix aren't good...

Sec 2b row 14. Not too shabby.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2018, 07:22 AM   #47
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    Snagged a couple for N2 just in case my WH tix aren't good...

Sec 2b row 14. Not too shabby.
    snagged 4 pit tix for n1 just a little while ago

might have those warehouse upper pavs for sale if anyone is interested, just waiting on some friends to confirm if they want them.
    Old 02-02-2018, 07:38 AM   #48
    Dtree

My Tour Central Stats

Ticketing Update:

I clicked 5 minutes early on the Pavilion web site and pulled 5 pit tickets for N2.
    So all of my crew are in Pit! Thank you Meadowvale.

But N1, I got stuck in ticket the Bot Bombardment, and every real ticket buyer out there. I just needed 3 tickets.
    First pulled section 3 and purchased them.
    Refreshed and pulled section 2 and purchased them
    Refreshed again pulled section 1 and of course , had purchased them

Once I get my head around this I will have some tickets to sell.
    Old 02-02-2018, 09:11 AM   #49
    dmbboston

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Looks like N1 and N2 are already sold out. Small venue but that was a quick one.
    Old 02-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #50
    kathryn13

Shows Seen: 113

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbboston View Post
    Looks like N1 and N2 are already sold out. Small venue but that was a quick one.
    Hmmm, there are still a ton of seats online when you click on the seating chart and I'm actually trading up my order that I got this morning for better seats right now with an online ticket person. They are so nice!
    kathryn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #51
    bigbeartilidie

Shows Seen: 111

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ticketing Update:

I clicked 5 minutes early on the Pavilion web site and pulled 5 pit tickets for N2.
    So all of my crew are in Pit! Thank you Meadowvale.

But N1, I got stuck in ticket the Bot Bombardment, and every real ticket buyer out there. I just needed 3 tickets.
    First pulled section 3 and purchased them.
    Refreshed and pulled section 2 and purchased them
    Refreshed again pulled section 1 and of course , had purchased them

Once I get my head around this I will have some tickets to sell.
    yup, same thing happened to me (although I didn't buy that many).
    Old 02-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #52
    Dtree

My Tour Central Stats

Later in the day i was on TicketMaster for Gorge shows and could not get in. By the time i got in only lawns were left. I am set with WH ticket but wanted to see what I could pull from TM. TM sucks.

Thank the little venues like Gilford for controlling the ticket flow and allowing fans to get good seats. I will continue to go to Gilford for that reason (and others reasons like nice location, great facilities, good mountain biking in the region, a half day drive )
    Old 02-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #53
    mshags

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I got pit n1 also! how early should we line up for it, and is there a separate entrance?
    mshags is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #54
    Dtree

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mshags View Post
    I got pit n1 also! how early should we line up for it, and is there a separate entrance?
    There is separate line over on the right side but it might have been for just WH tickets. I only arrived an hour or so early and was about 10 deep from the stage. It was so nice. It’s a small venue with lost of amenities that make it fun.
    But like I said before, the security it way too up tight. So be careful!
    Old 02-10-2018, 12:16 PM   #55
    mlobster78

Shows Seen: 86

My Tour Central Stats

Just be aware of the HUGE backup to get into the venue that happened last year on N1. The line for getting in and through security was a nightmare. It took like an hour to get through and I think MANY people missed about 4-6 songs before they even got in. I think they were under prepared at the venue. We made sure we went into the venue 2 hours before just to avoid the clusterf*ck from N1.
    mlobster78 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #56
    mlobster78

Shows Seen: 86

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mlobster78 View Post
    Just be aware of the HUGE backup to get into the venue that happened last year on N1. The line for getting in and through security was a nightmare. It took like an hour to get through and I think MANY people missed about 4-6 songs before they even got in. I think they were under prepared at the venue. We made sure we went into the venue 2 hours before just to avoid the clusterf*ck from N1.
    Last year = 2 years ago.

My bad.
    mlobster78 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2018, 08:08 AM   #57
    Dtree

My Tour Central Stats

Does anyone have experience with the on-site camping. There is a forested site and an open site.
    Old 02-15-2018, 11:56 AM   #58
    Tom Brady
    48 and counting

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mlobster78 View Post

did they fix that issue for n2, because i walked in pretty quick about 30 mins before the show started???
    Tom Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #59
    chrisjuniper

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tom Brady View Post
    did they fix that issue for n2, because i walked in pretty quick about 30 mins before the show started???
    FWIW I've never experienced or seen what that poster was referring to. Parking is always a breeze for meeze.
    Old 02-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #60
    Tom Brady
    48 and counting

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    FWIW I've never experienced or seen what that poster was referring to. Parking is always a breeze for meeze.
    haha i was kinda thinking the same... in fact i think it may have been the most efficient venue ive ever been too in terms of parking, lines ect
    Tom Brady is offline   Reply With Quote