Any update on Carter?? - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2022, 10:48 AM   #1
ccarey23
 
ccarey23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Shelton, CT.
Posts: 616

Shows Seen: 86

Any update on Carter??

Anyone hear if his injury is serious?
ccarey23 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-26-2022, 10:50 AM   #2
    BruceW
     
    BruceW's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: FLA
    Posts: 33,317

    Shows Seen: 59

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Someone posted he broke his thumb. No other details right now
    __________________
    Episode 61: "Sam Erickson": Apple YouTube
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 10:59 AM   #3
    ccarey23
     
    ccarey23's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Shelton, CT.
    Posts: 616

    Shows Seen: 86

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Someone posted he broke his thumb. No other details right now
    Oh shit. I didn’t see that. Not good for the rest of the tour
    ccarey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 11:00 AM   #4
    MiniFlynny34
     
    MiniFlynny34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: Wisco via Michigan
    Posts: 4,716

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Someone posted he broke his thumb. No other details right now
    Yeah but that was Brenny, so doesn’t count.
    __________________
    GO GREEN
    2022: Austin, Woodlands, Dallas, Alpine x2, Gorge x3
    MiniFlynny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 11:02 AM   #5
    Rapunzel
    *bounce*
     
    Rapunzel's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Charlottesville
    Posts: 180

    Shows Seen: 87

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Oh no, carter. I am so sorry to hear this. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
    __________________
    86 shows /not counting trax

    "i'll break my foot off up his ass, there, that's a rare moment"
    Rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 11:03 AM   #6
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!
     
    K270's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: San Mateo, CA
    Posts: 7,426

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Hoping for the best. Not going to believe anything posted here unless it links to something official from the band. Rumors can get out of control real quick.
    __________________
    ~Kevin~
    People would complain even if you hang them with a new rope.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 11:38 AM   #7
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues
     
    Speilmen230's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: Denver, CO
    Posts: 32,139

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    Hoping for the best. Not going to believe anything posted here unless it links to something official from the band. Rumors can get out of control real quick.
    This is the way.
    __________________
    -Jesse-
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 11:47 AM   #8
    bowa36
    Primus Sucks
     
    bowa36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Atlanta
    Posts: 12,432

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Why doesn't the band or management communicate with the fans on stuff like this? It's super frustrating
    __________________
    When it's not the colors that matter,
    but that they'll all fade away
    bowa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 11:57 AM   #9
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 729

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bowa36 View Post
    Why doesn't the band or management communicate with the fans on stuff like this? It's super frustrating
    They’re paid by fans for a product. Wether that’s a download, vinyl record, or a concert, or a t shirt.

    What they’re not paid to do is release personal information.

    Besides, they’re still probably trying to figure it out themselves. When we need to know what’s up, we will.
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 11:57 AM   #10
    BlueWater13
     
    BlueWater13's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: Illinois
    Posts: 1,277

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Because it’s early on a Sunday. For all we know he could be at a doctor being checked out right now. They’re not going to supply any news until they know something for sure. And if he is hurt to the point of having to be out, guessing they would want to have a plan in place to announce with it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________
    League Champion - Two Step 2008
    League Champion - Last Stop 2010
    BlueWater13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 12:24 PM   #11
    2stepnmonkey
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Bensalem, Pa
    Posts: 795

    Shows Seen: 97

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bowa36 View Post
    Why doesn't the band or management communicate with the fans on stuff like this? It's super frustrating
    Because it’s mere hours after it happened, and they don’t know what’s actually wrong with him yet?

    Next time something happens to you, we all want to know your next course of action 5 mins after it happens, ok? Sounds shitty when it’s put that way doesn’t it?

    When Carter knows, the rest of us will know. Figure an announcement will come today or tomorrow if they need to communicate anything. Take no news as good news for now.
    2stepnmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 12:27 PM   #12
    hopewelljones
     
    Join Date: Mar 2022
    Posts: 277

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Put Buddy on Drums, move Rashawn to keys, and everyone's wish of a trumpet-less and electric guitar-less DMB will come back to fruition!
    hopewelljones is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 12:36 PM   #13
    bowa36
    Primus Sucks
     
    bowa36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Atlanta
    Posts: 12,432

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    "Carter hurt his hand, he's doing alright though." - Dave at the start of the last night's encore
    __________________
    When it's not the colors that matter,
    but that they'll all fade away
    bowa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 12:53 PM   #14
    YankeesDMB41
    Feud of the Year
     
    YankeesDMB41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: NY
    Posts: 14,501

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    I didn't think I could possibly hate Louisiana Bayou any more than I already did.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigeyedfish8807 View Post
    Do you two do ANYTHING else in life besides jerk each other in your mom’s basement in between posting on Ants fucking Marching??
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 12:53 PM   #15
    shawn o
     
    Join Date: Dec 2004
    Location: Maple Grove, MN
    Posts: 226

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    I broke my thumb mountain biking once. It took almost 3 full months before I was back to normal. Cast on for 8 weeks then lots of physical therapy to regain strength and mobility in the hand and thumb.

    How do you break your thumb drumming? My guess would be more likely that it would be tendon related due to overuse and/or holding the sticks too tight.

    Regardless, any hand injury is very serious for a drummer and a potential career ender. Even more so at his age (63).
    __________________
    1st DMB show: 1994.10.26 Cabooze, Minneapolis

    Last edited by shawn o; 06-26-2022 at 12:57 PM.
    shawn o is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 12:56 PM   #16
    bowa36
    Primus Sucks
     
    bowa36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Atlanta
    Posts: 12,432

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bowa36 View Post
    "Carter hurt his hand, he's doing alright though." - Dave at the start of the last night's encore
    I just want to clarify that this did not happen. Just giving an example of how simple it would have been to, you know, communicate
    __________________
    When it's not the colors that matter,
    but that they'll all fade away
    bowa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 01:10 PM   #17
    tripeyedfish
     
    tripeyedfish's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Lincoln, NE
    Posts: 1,151

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    They’re paid by fans for a product. Wether that’s a download, vinyl record, or a concert, or a t shirt.

    What they’re not paid to do is release personal information.
    .
    Eh, when that personal information affects the product being paid for (e.g. a concert this week and the band roster that will be appearing) then the information does actually need to be released. At least the missing piece needs to be announced.

    Not sure how soon tim being absent was known or when they made the announcement he wouldn’t be on stage, but there could be a huge Tim fan that just found out when the band took the stage at DC. May even be the difference of that person attending or not.

    Same with Carter. Only having two original members on stage/not to mention Carter’s skill being absent may change my mind about attending this upcoming weekend’s shows.

    All that being said…… it’s very early lol. I’m sure we’ll hear something. Right?
    tripeyedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 01:14 PM   #18
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 729

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tripeyedfish View Post
    Eh, when that personal information affects the product being paid for (e.g. a concert this week and the band roster that will be appearing) then the information does actually need to be released. At least the missing piece needs to be announced.

    Not sure how soon tim being absent was known or when they made the announcement he wouldn’t be on stage, but there could be a huge Tim fan that just found out when the band took the stage at DC. May even be the difference of that person attending or not.

    Same with Carter. Only having two original members on stage/not to mention Carter’s skill being absent may change my mind about attending this upcoming weekend’s shows.

    All that being said…… it’s very early lol. I’m sure we’ll hear something. Right?
    Can you show me on the ticket where it says any of this?
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 01:17 PM   #19
    shawn o
     
    Join Date: Dec 2004
    Location: Maple Grove, MN
    Posts: 226

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    There is a federal law protecting Americans health information being released without their express, written consent.

    https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publication...or%20knowledge.
    __________________
    1st DMB show: 1994.10.26 Cabooze, Minneapolis
    shawn o is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 01:22 PM   #20
    YankeesDMB41
    Feud of the Year
     
    YankeesDMB41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: NY
    Posts: 14,501

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    There is a federal law protecting Americans health information being released without their express, written consent.

    https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publication...or%20knowledge.
    Can you post about HIPPA in one more thread please? I don't think people saw it.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigeyedfish8807 View Post
    Do you two do ANYTHING else in life besides jerk each other in your mom’s basement in between posting on Ants fucking Marching??
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 01:25 PM   #21
    tripeyedfish
     
    tripeyedfish's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Lincoln, NE
    Posts: 1,151

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Can you show me on the ticket where it says any of this?
    I’m not necessarily saying his exact injury or medical information, but if personnel /lineup changes should be announced. And obviously not, but if the dmb machine is a business that respects it’s fans and the dedication they have, they would…I know I want to know what/who I’m paying to see. I doubt you would go to a dmb show if it was announced dave was out and buddy was filling in as lead singer…
    tripeyedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 01:26 PM   #22
    Tomacco
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Location: Toronto
    Posts: 733

    Shows Seen: 127

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Seems the band continued on to New York for Jones Beach. Rashawn is at the Yankees game on his day off.
    __________________
    Without hatred, where's the light?
    Without the darkness, where's the love?
    I see it now.
    Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 01:36 PM   #23
    MiniFlynny34
     
    MiniFlynny34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: Wisco via Michigan
    Posts: 4,716

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    Seems the band continued on to New York for Jones Beach. Rashawn is at the Yankees game on his day off.
    Jeff too.
    __________________
    GO GREEN
    2022: Austin, Woodlands, Dallas, Alpine x2, Gorge x3
    MiniFlynny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 01:39 PM   #24
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 729

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Good news.
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 01:59 PM   #25
    T_Train
    Go Dawgs!
     
    T_Train's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2012
    Location: Centre, AL
    Posts: 680

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Of course the band continued to NY. It's all systems go until it isn't. The band was at WPB when they canceled the shows, too.
    __________________
    -Thomas-

    2022: HSV, ATL, Deer Creek x2
    T_Train is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 02:05 PM   #26
    dmbetc
    AM.org Moderator
     
    dmbetc's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: Los Angeles
    Posts: 34,720

    Shows Seen: 75

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    The band has played without Carter before. So I think regardless, they will play….
    __________________
    Sarah

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 02:14 PM   #27
    aparker507
     
    aparker507's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Arkansas
    Posts: 4,050

    Shows Seen: 3

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Ready to go if I ever got the text https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3e7c7452be.jpg

    Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    __________________
    03: 7.13 05: 9.3 06: 8.19 07: 9.22 08: 8.2, 8.16 09: 4.25., 5.2, 9.29 10: 9.11, 11.16 12: 5.19 13: 4.27 14: 5.17 15: 5.19, 7.31, 8.1
    aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 02:17 PM   #28
    Perch1019
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Posts: 441

    Shows Seen: 68

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    The band has played without Carter before. So I think regardless, they will play….

    I hope not. That was an extenuating circumstance being it was the gorge and everyone was there. I'm certainly not looking forward to a bunch of shows with them piecing it together. Carter is too big a part to be out.
    Perch1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 02:21 PM   #29
    cmdace18
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Location: South Florida
    Posts: 3,073

    Shows Seen: 87

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aparker507 View Post
    Ready to go if I ever got the text https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3e7c7452be.jpg

    Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    If Carter is indeed out, I am rooting for you bud. Would be a pretty nice PR bit for the band to have a fan who is an expert drummer fill in. I remember when Journey had the fan singer fill in and tour (found him on YouTube), I saw it live and was amazing. I can only imagine how you’re feeling, even if it’s a 0.01% chance you get a text or call, I bet you’re excited. Redlight has always been super conservative and close to the vest with the band. But if it does happen, go get it!!
    cmdace18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2022, 02:23 PM   #30
    aparker507
     
    aparker507's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Arkansas
    Posts: 4,050

    Shows Seen: 3

    Re: Any update on Carter?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cmdace18 View Post
    If Carter is indeed out, I am rooting for you bud. Would be a pretty nice PR bit for the band to have a fan who is an expert drummer fill in. I remember when Journey had the fan singer fill in and tour (found him on YouTube), I saw it live and was amazing. I can only imagine how you’re feeling, even if it’s a 0.01% chance you get a text or call, I bet you’re excited. Redlight has always been super conservative and close to the vest with the band. But if it does happen, go get it!!
    Yeah unfortunately it'll never happen, even being good friends with Carter's tech and him knowing I have the kit. The band themselves are just too private, and definitely, in my opinion, would have Buddy on drums again before bringing in a random fan like me. It's nice to dream though!

    Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    __________________
    03: 7.13 05: 9.3 06: 8.19 07: 9.22 08: 8.2, 8.16 09: 4.25., 5.2, 9.29 10: 9.11, 11.16 12: 5.19 13: 4.27 14: 5.17 15: 5.19, 7.31, 8.1
    aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram