New Album Coming in One Week! - Page 505 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-26-2022, 12:43 PM   #15121
mynameismike

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
I do believe that the Sirius channel has really been a second wind for the band in terms of cultivating a new audience. It also goes a long way in defining what the "live catalogue" is for modern day DMB.

I don't have Sirius, but I would assume they aren't pumping Last Stop, Dreaming Tree, & Spoon regularly.
Fair amount of DT and Spoon not so much Last Stop
mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-26-2022, 12:50 PM   #15122
    NeatFreakGeek

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
    I do believe that the Sirius channel has really been a second wind for the band in terms of cultivating a new audience. It also goes a long way in defining what the "live catalogue" is for modern day DMB.

I don't have Sirius, but I would assume they aren't pumping Last Stop, Dreaming Tree, & Spoon regularly.
    You'd be surprised. It's a good mix of deep cuts - both studio and live. Plus Dave's love of Bob Marley, Jeff's love of Queen and Stefan's love of Tool.
    NeatFreakGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 12:56 PM   #15123
    dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NeatFreakGeek View Post
    You'd be surprised. It's a good mix of deep cuts - both studio and live. Plus Dave's love of Bob Marley, Jeff's love of Queen and Stefan's love of Tool.
    I'd have to disagree, and perhaps its because I listen often. Its the same rotation of tunes and I get tired of hearing outkast, Stevie Wonder and tool. They haven't refreshed any of the content, and that's the issue. Time to mix it up. The Friday night series is really the only benefit. How many times do I have to hear the solo STJL after a live cut, or studio Bartender after a non-DMB song. It's a bit lazy.
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 12:59 PM   #15124
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I wonder who else (other than Mike McCready) Stefan can get to guest with DMB. Someone like Adam Jones would be spectacular. Maybe Lee Ranaldo/Thurston Moore?
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 01:06 PM   #15125
    NeatFreakGeek

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 View Post
    I'd have to disagree, and perhaps its because I listen often. Its the same rotation of tunes and I get tired of hearing outkast, Stevie Wonder and tool. They haven't refreshed any of the content, and that's the issue. Time to mix it up. The Friday night series is really the only benefit. How many times do I have to hear the solo STJL after a live cut, or studio Bartender after a non-DMB song. It's a bit lazy.
    this is true too. i do wish the boys had more involvement with the station than just the same repeating sounders. i listen to Tom Petty Radio a lot too and Mike Campbell, Steve Ferrone and Benmont Tench all have their shows. But they're obviously not an active band either. I'd love if any one of the DMB boys had their own show, even on a monthly basis.
    Old 05-26-2022, 01:15 PM   #15126
    thenarcissist31

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

speaking of their sirius channel. something new coming tomorrow:

"The @SiriusXM channel Dave Matthews Band Radio will debut the 'Essential 41' special tomorrow featuring special guests such as Trey Anastasio and Jack Johnson."

https://twitter.com/JamBase/status/1...F8vsiHApigtxDw
    thenarcissist31 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 01:26 PM   #15127
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thenarcissist31 View Post
    speaking of their sirius channel. something new coming tomorrow:

"The @SiriusXM channel Dave Matthews Band Radio will debut the 'Essential 41' special tomorrow featuring special guests such as Trey Anastasio and Jack Johnson."

https://twitter.com/JamBase/status/1...F8vsiHApigtxDw
    It'll probably just be people picking their favorite songs. Nothing more.

I know Jake Tapper will pick Nancies. He's said before that's his favorite.

Last edited by Dannyyankou; 05-26-2022 at 01:28 PM.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 01:38 PM   #15128
    NeatFreakGeek

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    It'll probably just be people picking their favorite songs. Nothing more.

I know Jake Tapper will pick Nancies. He's said before that's his favorite.
    what if it's 41 versions of #41?!
    Old 05-26-2022, 05:25 PM   #15129
    dmbcriggidy

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Sirius is somewhat of a joke. Friday night concert series is really the only value at this point. Phish and Dead channels run laps around DMB. Constant repeat of songs and versions, always throwing in the same live from home request songs, same songs from other artists, and just stale marketing. I’d love to run it for a week. I’m sure all of our collections are much more entraining. Granted, it’s pretty much all I have on in the car, but I’m not wrong.
    dmbcriggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 05:28 PM   #15130
    Aforauer

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbcriggidy View Post
    Sirius is somewhat of a joke. Friday night concert series is really the only value at this point. Phish and Dead channels run laps around DMB. Constant repeat of songs and versions, always throwing in the same live from home request songs, same songs from other artists, and just stale marketing. I’d love to run it for a week. I’m sure all of our collections are much more entraining. Granted, it’s pretty much all I have on in the car, but I’m not wrong.

You’re absolutely right. And it’s the bands decision to keep repeating everything per usual. They can change/add anything they want but they continue to limit their content. Every time I turn the station on it’s Stevie Wonder or watchtower from Iowa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aforauer is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 05:31 PM   #15131
    TheStone91

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aforauer View Post
    You’re absolutely right. And it’s the bands decision to keep repeating everything per usual. They can change/add anything they want but they continue to limit their content. Every time I turn the station on it’s Stevie Wonder or watchtower from Iowa

Lmao. Yea that Watchtower is alwayyyys on. There’s only like a hundred other released versions they could pick from…
    TheStone91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 05:50 PM   #15132
    DMBCardinal

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

You aren't joking about Watchtower from Iowa. I've heard that version over 20 times.
    DMBCardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 05:51 PM   #15133
    Stgeurin

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I won’t complain too much simply because the channel is nice to have even when it isn’t at its best. That said, I don’t understand why they don’t just throw full live trax out there. Like, just pick a random live trax midday and throw it on in its entirety. You get built in variety and built in 2.5 hours worth of content. No clue why they don’t do this.
    Stgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 06:00 PM   #15134
    DMB1JW

Shows Seen: 113

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Friday Night Concert Series is awesome… but Sirius XM needs to chill on the home requests. Only other positive they’ve slowed the air time of Cortez the Killer. Felt like a year ago they played it every 30 minutes.
    DMB1JW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2022, 06:53 PM   #15135
    Stgeurin

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
    <div class="pre-quote">
    Quote de <strong>dmbcriggidy</strong>
    </div>

<div class="post-quote">
    <div style="font-style:italic">Sirius is somewhat of a joke. Friday night concert series is really the only value at this point. Phish and Dead channels run laps around DMB. Constant repeat of songs and versions, always throwing in the same live from home request songs, same songs from other artists, and just stale marketing. I’d love to run it for a week. I’m sure all of our collections are much more entraining. Granted, it’s pretty much all I have on in the car, but I’m not wrong.</div>
    </div>
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Friday Night Concert Series is awesome… but Sirius XM needs to chill on the home requests. Only other positive they’ve slowed the air time of Cortez the Killer. Felt like a year ago they played it every 30 minutes.
    Haha there sure was a 4 or 5 month stretch where every hour they played Cortez. Now days it feels like the grey street from that solo show last year or the Dave and Carter charlottesville session
    Stgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 03:37 AM   #15136
    dmbcriggidy

My Tour Central Stats

So how about that new album huh?!? For the record, Madman’s Eyes is legit.
    Old 05-27-2022, 04:59 AM   #15137
    monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    A lot of this is the fact that DMB radio is marketed toward gaining new fans and the majority of the fanbase that doesn't dive into the live trax and semi deep cuts/covers. It seems like every other week on DMB family fans are commenting about never have heard some of the DMB Live 25 deep cut selections.

Dead and Phish Phans on average know more of the catalog and love special runs of shows on a specific tour where most dmb fans or a new dmb fan is in awe of You and Meh and Samurai Cop. If the DMB fanbase had more of a stat driven era driven obsession DMB radio would be different.
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 05:55 AM   #15138
    dmbcriggidy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    A lot of this is the fact that DMB radio is marketed toward gaining new fans and the majority of the fanbase that doesn't dive into the live trax and semi deep cuts/covers. It seems like every other week on DMB family fans are commenting about never have heard some of the DMB Live 25 deep cut selections.

Dead and Phish Phans on average know more of the catalog and love special runs of shows on a specific tour where most dmb fans or a new dmb fan is in awe of You and Meh and Samurai Cop. If the DMB fanbase had more of a stat driven era driven obsession DMB radio would be different.
    I respectfully disagree. I'm more in the camp that having your own Sirius radio show is for the long-time fan and not solely targeted at gaining new fans. Also, after 30+ years, your fans are who they are. You might pick up a few along the way, but not due to a dedicated radio channel. It certainly does help market to a broader variety of listeners, but then I see that more as a ploy by Sirius to gain new subscribers who otherwise wouldn't keep their services after the 3 month trial ends after buying a new car, for example. (I for one had no interest in Sirius until DMB channel was announced. It was a nice feature, but my iPhone catelog of tunes runs deep).

I would also argue that diving into the deep tracks and showing the bands history, jams, and special moments could only benefit new fans/listeners. You might be in awe of You & Me or Sam Cop, but here, check out this '95 LLD that Roi absolutley crushes. I don't see a lot of people running away from the band because Sirius doesn't play Crash every 24 hours.
    Old 05-27-2022, 06:30 AM   #15139
    #40BigEyedFish

Shows Seen: 17

My Tour Central Stats

i have Sirius cause it came free with my ticketmaster purchase. i only listen to the friday night concert series shows....the channel is useless. add all the dmb trax albums from spotify as a playlist and you have a better mix than them (excluding their exclusives)

on a side note....the 3rd night of the D&T concerts in Cancun from this year need to be a DMB Trax release or an offical non dmblive or dmb trax release.....that was a great show if you skip over 'something to tell my baby'
    #40BigEyedFish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 07:47 AM   #15140
    monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I respectfully disagree. I'm more in the camp that having your own Sirius radio show is for the long-time fan and not solely targeted at gaining new fans. Also, after 30+ years, your fans are who they are. You might pick up a few along the way, but not due to a dedicated radio channel. It certainly does help market to a broader variety of listeners, but then I see that more as a ploy by Sirius to gain new subscribers who otherwise wouldn't keep their services after the 3 month trial ends after buying a new car, for example. (I for one had no interest in Sirius until DMB channel was announced. It was a nice feature, but my iPhone catelog of tunes runs deep).

I would also argue that diving into the deep tracks and showing the bands history, jams, and special moments could only benefit new fans/listeners. You might be in awe of You & Me or Sam Cop, but here, check out this '95 LLD that Roi absolutley crushes. I don't see a lot of people running away from the band because Sirius doesn't play Crash every 24 hours.
    The Bolded is what they do from time to time. They play DMB Live 25 and other classic shows like Live Trax 20 that bring you back to the early days of the band.

Also the whole goal of any artist channel is the gain new users. I have attempted to get into Pearl Jam (mixed results), Grateful Dead (success), and recently Phish Radio (Success) based off the SXM channels I have listened to in the last decade. The first 7 years were more free trials and rental cars. The Last 3 or 4 years I have paid for the streaming Package.

DMB uses the live trax and allows tapers to feed the die hard fans and once in a blue moon gives an unreleased show promotion on SXM. DMB doesn't have enough variety in setlists to use 50-90% of their channel to gear it towards deep cuts and have it be a sustainable marketing tool to grow fans.

On the Flip side Phish and GD catalogs/setlists have so much more variety, and spin off bands with the same amount of variety that they are able to have channels that spend a good chunk of the time diving deep into unique things about those bands. Because as I have learned hitting my first Phish show this year, if you are going to be a Phish Phan you literally can't predict what they will play at any given show. Whereas DMB you can always find trends.

You can disagree with how they are using it but there is no financial or marketing sense to cater to the 3% of the fanbase that is diehard. And for the more happy go lucky and casual chatter from DMB Family type groups they aren't upset at the way the station is and keep listening to it despite repeats.

Last edited by monizzle145; 05-27-2022 at 07:48 AM. Reason: sp
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 09:11 AM   #15141
    carter41dmb

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB1JW View Post
    Friday Night Concert Series is awesome… but Sirius XM needs to chill on the home requests. Only other positive they’ve slowed the air time of Cortez the Killer. Felt like a year ago they played it every 30 minutes.
    Yes! I'm sick of hearing people's "oh geez the last year has been so hard and you help me get through it Dave". The Live at Home and November 2021 Carter/Dave recordings need a break. Listening to the channel you would think we are still in the peak of COVID.

Last edited by carter41dmb; 05-27-2022 at 09:13 AM.
    carter41dmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 10:47 AM   #15142
    dmbcriggidy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    The Bolded is what they do from time to time. They play DMB Live 25 and other classic shows like Live Trax 20 that bring you back to the early days of the band.
    It's a massive failure to: (1) play such a limited history of the band, (2) replay the same classic shows over and over and over, and (3) only have access to what has already been released to the public. That's really where my frustration stems.
    Old 05-27-2022, 02:20 PM   #15143
    ToydBinsley

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Would you all be against alanis morissette being on the second verse of Madman’s Eyes? There’s a scream gap now in the song that I feel belongs to someone since Dave doesn’t do it anymore
    ToydBinsley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 04:05 PM   #15144
    Scootlebug

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

New tune gonna be busted out soon.
    Scootlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 04:06 PM   #15145
    groogrux27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scootlebug View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carbon Copy View Post
    j. mayer could easily replace dave in dmb
    groogrux27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 04:12 PM   #15146
    groogrux27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

What are the general vibes of the tune?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carbon Copy View Post
    j. mayer could easily replace dave in dmb
    groogrux27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 04:16 PM   #15147
    alec

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToydBinsley View Post
    Would you all be against alanis morissette being on the second verse of Madman’s Eyes? There’s a scream gap now in the song that I feel belongs to someone since Dave doesn’t do it anymore
    What is this scream gap you speak of?
    The only thing I can think of is after the first line of the bridge, “run and hide don’t ask why nobody wants to see the look in his eyes”, the first time the song was performed Dave yells a high note (I want to say a high A, but not 100% sure) that I have not heard him do any of the other performances of it that I have listened to. And of course I became instantly attached to it and miss it. But Dave is full capable of hitting that note.

Last edited by alec; 05-27-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    alec is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 04:32 PM   #15148
    ElijahSoRight72

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Nooooooo just announce the album already if you wanna play all the songs from it
    ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 04:50 PM   #15149
    madhatter

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Is it one we know the title for, or something entirely unknown to us?
    madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2022, 05:24 PM   #15150
    Simm0nS

Shows Seen: 41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Busted out as in on tour or as in a single? I assume the former

2024 - Blossom, Camden N1 & N2