How I Met Your Mother - Page 12 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #331
rickyh24
GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Re: How I Met Your Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGeneral View Post
Of course that wouldn't be the episode. There are still at least 2 more seasons planned.
So they can't show us a glimpse of her? Obviously I knew they weren't going to get married during that episode.
rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #332
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    So they can't show us a glimpse of her? Obviously I knew they weren't going to get married during that episode.
    You know we'll see her in the season finale, that's just how it works.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #333
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    You know we'll see her in the season finale, that's just how it works.
    We could of possibly already seen her, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like that.

Why the hell did Ted leave the umbrella there? It was still fucking pouring when he left the other night.
    Old 01-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #334
    DJGeneral
    The GENERAL

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Why would you want a glimpse of her? that would ruin the magic of the show. And I believe the creators said "The show is called How I Met Your Mother, not How I Dated Your Mother" which means probably in the very last episode they will show her and that will pretty much be it.
    DJGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #335
    DJGeneral
    The GENERAL

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post
    We could of possibly already seen her, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like that.

Why the hell did Ted leave the umbrella there? It was still fucking pouring when he left the other night.
    he wasn't in the best of moods, and he just forgot i guess.
    Old 01-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #336
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Why would you want a glimpse of her? that would ruin the magic of the show. And I believe the creators said "The show is called How I Met Your Mother, not How I Dated Your Mother" which means probably in the very last episode they will show her and that will pretty much be it.
    Old 01-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #337
    RJP2741

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The show is kind of held captive by it's title in this way. If they keep doing shows like the 100th where they make you think you're going to find out about the mother, but they pull the rug out from under you, it will reach a point where it becomes annoying (it may already be at that point for some). At that point, I'd be okay with them just picking an actress to play the mother, and then continue telling the story of the group as a whole from that point on. At some point I think they should move away from the premise that the title suggests.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HoldemHart View Post
    Once again RJ brings the knowledge.
    RJP2741 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #338
    DJGeneral
    The GENERAL

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RJP2741 View Post
    The show is kind of held captive by it's title in this way. If they keep doing shows like the 100th where they make you think you're going to find out about the mother, but they pull the rug out from under you, it will reach a point where it becomes annoying (it may already be at that point for some). At that point, I'd be okay with them just picking an actress to play the mother, and then continue telling the story of the group as a whole from that point on. At some point I think they should move away from the premise that the title suggests.
    I like it like that, and I never expected to get anything mother related from this episode.

But for what you are asking, I'm pretty sure they don't want to do that to the show though.
    Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #339
    RJP2741

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I like it like that, and I never expected to get anything mother related from this episode.

But for what you are asking, I'm pretty sure they don't want to do that to the show though.
    I don't mind it either personally, but at a certain point it would get annoying for me. I think you mentioned that they are contracted for 2 more seasons? If they extend it further than that I would want to meet the mother. More than another 2 seasons of Ted looking around and I think the show would start to get stale. That would be a nice way to mix it up and kind of add something new to the show.

Edit: For the record, I love this show and I'll watch till the end regardless of what they do.

Quote:
    Old 01-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #340
    CarterDMB27

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Kind of like how Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place turned into Two Guys and a Girl once they sold the Pizza place.

I was having this conversation with my friend last night on how he's sick of them teasing it and not coming up with anything and might stop watching if they keep doing it no matter how funny the show is.

Thankyou DMB for showing me Heaven many times over.
    CarterDMB27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #341
    DJGeneral
    The GENERAL

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't mind it either personally, but at a certain point it would get annoying for me. I think you mentioned that they are contracted for 2 more seasons? If they extend it further than that I would want to meet the mother. More than another 2 seasons of Ted looking around and I think the show would start to get stale. That would be a nice way to mix it up and kind of add something new to the show.

Edit: For the record, I love this show and I'll watch till the end regardless of what they do.

I understand what you are saying, but they really could have done that by now. Introduced the mother and had seasons of dating and getting to know her, but they don't want to do that. I mean they are already 100 episodes in ,and the show can't really get stale on what it is doing now.
    Old 01-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #342
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

My Tour Central Stats

I still think, somehow we have seen the mother somewhere, or at least heard about her.
    Old 01-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #343
    RJP2741

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I understand what you are saying, but they really could have done that by now. Introduced the mother and had seasons of dating and getting to know her, but they don't want to do that. I mean they are already 100 episodes in ,and the show can't really get stale on what it is doing now.
    The staleness will really come down to everyone's individual preferences, but I mean it in the sense that they keep teasing it. If they're going to keep teasing it, I think we should get a payoff on that and actually get to see Ted and The Mother interact. If they don't want to introduce the mother until the end, then I think they should stop teasing it, because I imagine that could get annoying for a lot of viewers.

Quote:
    Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #344
    hoggdogg
    Resident Panda Expert

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I still think, somehow we have seen the mother somewhere, or at least heard about her.

I think the same thing.
    hoggdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #345
    DJGeneral
    The GENERAL

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The staleness will really come down to everyone's individual preferences, but I mean it in the sense that they keep teasing it. If they're going to keep teasing it, I think we should get a payoff on that and actually get to see Ted and The Mother interact. If they don't want to introduce the mother until the end, then I think they should stop teasing it, because I imagine that could get annoying for a lot of viewers.
    The show already has a very stable fan base with around 9 million people watching each week. The show is doing better than ever as well, so for now, I don't see any change for the show. I think a lot of people have grown to understand that this is how the show is going to be. It is already in its 5th season, so I don't think many more people will be tuning in besides the occasional viewing.
    Old 01-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #346
    WolfmanDMB
    President Government

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Supposedly the mother is going to be revealed in the 100th episode.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Obama neeeds to be president, IMO. America needs a major new direction, and I think he has the intelligence and energy to do it....
    WolfmanDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #347
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WolfmanDMB View Post
    that was Monday.

EDIT: We saw her foot.
    Old 01-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #348
    DJGeneral
    The GENERAL

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WolfmanDMB View Post
    It already aired two days ago
    Old 01-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #349
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    that was Monday.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #350
    Sooner17
    Fishtelling.

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes it can. I don't think she show is near as good as it used to be. After almost 5 seasons and 100 episodes, it's gotten old hat. Now, I understand people still enjoying and loving it, cause there is some funny stuff. But by now it's just gotten stupid. And what if (big if but hear me out) the show got cancelled before the mother was revealed? It would ruin everything. I know it's extremely unlikely but if it did many people would be singing a different tune and thinking the mother should have been revealed earlier in the season. Maybe it's just me but I might enjoy some episodes knowing who the mother is and seeing her in that mother role to Ted and co.

But on the other hand I almost wish they would do is just have Ted start dating some chick we don't think is the mom and then say "and then we got married and that's your mom. The end. " I don't watch the show on air anymore but if I get time during the week I'll watch it online. I've missed a couple (like it matters?) but if I hear a particular episode is good I'll go out of my way to watch it. I am glad they broke Barney and Robin up. That relationship almost completely ruined the show for me as well as many friends and critics.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fedx09925 View Post
    Can't a brother just sell a trinket!
    Sooner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #351
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sooner17 View Post
    Yes it can. I don't think she show is near as good as it used to be. After almost 5 seasons and 100 episodes, it's gotten old hat. Now, I understand people still enjoying and loving it, cause there is some funny stuff. But by now it's just gotten stupid. And what if (big if but hear me out) the show got cancelled before the mother was revealed? It would ruin everything. I know it's extremely unlikely but if it did many people would be singing a different tune and thinking the mother should have been revealed earlier in the season. Maybe it's just me but I might enjoy some episodes knowing who the mother is and seeing her in that mother role to Ted and co.

But on the other hand I almost wish they would do is just have Ted start dating some chick we don't think is the mom and then say "and then we got married and that's your mom. The end. " I don't watch the show on air anymore but if I get time during the week I'll watch it online. I've missed a couple (like it matters?) but if I hear a particular episode is good I'll go out of my way to watch it. I am glad they broke Barney and Robin up. That relationship almost completely ruined the show for me as well as many friends and critics.
    From what I've read, they've already filmed the scenes where Ted meets the mother just in case the show were to get cancelled. They've said from day one they'll reveal who it is.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #352
    DJGeneral
    The GENERAL

My Tour Central Stats

They did indeed film a scene involving the mother, but they won't get canceled at all now. The show is crucial to the Monday night line up.
    Old 01-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #353
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

My Tour Central Stats

Very True. They have a lot of backup scenes having to do with run on stories. A lot of flashbacks recently still have Lilly dressed and looking like she did in season one. There is no possible way to have her look that anymore with the way she has aged. (shes aged but she still looks great)

The Robin bar tending part was hilarious, as was Barney's chorus.
    Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #354
    antsman41
    Nolan dangles minds...

Location: Center Ice at The Xcel Energy Center; but seriously... Minneapolis, MN

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

just baffles me that lilly is the fugly band girl from american pie, shes so hot now...
    antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #355
    DJGeneral
    The GENERAL

My Tour Central Stats

i'm 99% sure those flashbacks are not old
    Old 01-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #356
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i'm 99% sure those flashbacks are not old
    I am aware some of them aren't old, but a lot of scenes not used in previous seasons show up as flashbacks. I know that for a fact.
    Old 01-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #357
    Sooner17
    Fishtelling.

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    From what I've read, they've already filmed the scenes where Ted meets the mother just in case the show were to get cancelled. They've said from day one they'll reveal who it is.
    I wonder if it's just a fallback girl and they pick another if they have time to flesh it out or if they intend on using her no matter what?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fedx09925 View Post
    Can't a brother just sell a trinket!
    Sooner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #358
    DJGeneral
    The GENERAL

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I am aware some of them aren't old, but a lot of scenes not used in previous seasons show up as flashbacks. I know that for a fact.
    How do you know that for a fact? I was under the impression that everything was newly filmed besides actual flashbacks that were once included in episodes. I know this because there were times in which Lily forgot to have her different colored hair wig on
    Old 01-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #359
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Ya Barney and Robin dating was lame as hell.
    Old 01-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #360
    WolfmanDMB
    President Government

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    that was Monday.

Quote:
    It already aired two days ago
    Shit, I was thinking they would be true to their word and that the Monday show was episode 97 or 98 or something. Didn't count out the episodes in the season.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Obama neeeds to be president, IMO. America needs a major new direction, and I think he has the intelligence and energy to do it....
    WolfmanDMB is offline   Reply With Quote