Peloton bike - Page 6 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 12-06-2018, 03:27 PM   #151
TimHonks
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,626

Shows Seen: 0

Re: Peloton bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana View Post
Is this really worth it? My GF likes spin classes but $40/month is pretty steep
What does your GF pay per month for spin classes? My wifes were roughly $40 per class.

Last edited by TimHonks; 12-06-2018 at 03:28 PM.
TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #152
    Brohan_Santana
     
    Brohan_Santana's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Crazzie34's Head
    Posts: 6,761

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimHonks View Post
    What does your GF pay per month for spin classes? My wifes were roughly $40 per class.
    We pay $50 for LA Fitness and she says she enjoys the instructors they have
    Brohan_Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2018, 03:36 PM   #153
    TimHonks
     
    Join Date: Apr 2015
    Posts: 3,626

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana View Post
    We pay $50 for LA Fitness and she says she enjoys the instructors they have
    Ah, thought you meant a boutique spinning place.

    I think the Peloton is "worth it", but I also work from home and used to pay for a gym and my wife paid for spinning classes.
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2018, 04:21 PM   #154
    Rodey
    #FearTheDeer
     
    Rodey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 71,277

    Shows Seen: 16

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana View Post
    We pay $50 for LA Fitness and she says she enjoys the instructors they have
    If your wife enjoys going to a gym and actually goes, I'd think a $2,000 bike for at home would not be worth it.

    It's literally no different than an in-person class. You're paying for the convenience.
    __________________
    Jordan
    "I'll tell you what: I'm never eating at Benihana again. I don't care whose birthday it is."
    Rodey is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #155
    Noles20
    Go Birds!
     
    Noles20's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Montgomery County, PA
    Posts: 20,001

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana View Post
    Is this really worth it? My GF likes spin classes but $40/month is pretty steep
    You will have to decide if it is worth it or not. It all depends on your situation. I will say that it is a great machine with a very motivating community and has features that a regular spin class does not have. Whether or not they make it worth the money is a personal decision.
    __________________
    (sb)
    Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out.
    Noles20 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #156
    Noles20
    Go Birds!
     
    Noles20's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Montgomery County, PA
    Posts: 20,001

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Noles20 View Post
    I'll check it out. Robin did a Greatest Showman ride and my wife has done it a few times. She loves it.

    I'm at 292 rides right now. Aiming to make 300 one of Alex's rides on Monday.
    Alex's 4:50 ride today will be 300!
    __________________
    (sb)
    Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out.
    Noles20 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-02-2019, 08:47 AM   #157
    Beefsteak1138
     
    Beefsteak1138's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 77,317

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Peloton bike

    I ended up with an exercise bike, but not a Peloton. I just couldn't justify the expense for a bike that my wife will probably use for a month, then never use again and I'll use a 2-3 times per week in the colder months (I prefer to bike outside, but hate the cold weather).
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay View Post
    i wish i lived in a time where it was acceptable to have sex with kids.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-02-2019, 08:51 AM   #158
    scrock25
     
    scrock25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Posts: 75,323

    Shows Seen: 24

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    I ended up with an exercise bike, but not a Peloton. I just couldn't justify the expense for a bike that my wife will probably use for a month, then never use again and I'll use a 2-3 times per week in the colder months (I prefer to bike outside, but hate the cold weather).
    Haha you fucking pussy.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #159
    Beefsteak1138
     
    Beefsteak1138's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 77,317

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Peloton bike

    I am what I eat, bro.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay View Post
    i wish i lived in a time where it was acceptable to have sex with kids.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-02-2019, 09:03 AM   #160
    scrock25
     
    scrock25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Posts: 75,323

    Shows Seen: 24

    Re: Peloton bike

    Well, shit.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-03-2019, 08:49 AM   #161
    redsox14
     
    redsox14's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2002
    Posts: 7,746

    Shows Seen: 89
    Send a message via AIM to redsox14

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    I ended up with an exercise bike, but not a Peloton. I just couldn't justify the expense for a bike that my wife will probably use for a month, then never use again and I'll use a 2-3 times per week in the colder months (I prefer to bike outside, but hate the cold weather).
    FYI you can download the app and do the peloton classes on your bike. In case you or the wife were interested
    __________________
    "In an 1888 study, ants that ingested too much alcohol were carried home by the other ants."

    Jen
    redsox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #162
    redsox14
     
    redsox14's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2002
    Posts: 7,746

    Shows Seen: 89
    Send a message via AIM to redsox14

    Re: Peloton bike

    I'm loving the Peloton Tread. Did a 30 minute bootcamp workout yesterday. It was about 20 minutes running then 10 minutes arms and shoulders workout with weights etc. I'm pretty sore today
    __________________
    "In an 1888 study, ants that ingested too much alcohol were carried home by the other ants."

    Jen
    redsox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #163
    Beefsteak1138
     
    Beefsteak1138's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 77,317

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by redsox14 View Post
    FYI you can download the app and do the peloton classes on your bike. In case you or the wife were interested
    A free solution would be preferred. I'm guessing there's probably an app or youtube channel with free workouts.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay View Post
    i wish i lived in a time where it was acceptable to have sex with kids.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #164
    redsox14
     
    redsox14's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2002
    Posts: 7,746

    Shows Seen: 89
    Send a message via AIM to redsox14

    Re: Peloton bike

    I was in the city to see Hamilton Wednesday night so I stopped by the Tread and Cycling studio yesterday. Did my 50th run class at 6am yesterday with Selena and then my #350 spin class at 930 with Christine.

    Always a fun time to do a class in studio.
    __________________
    "In an 1888 study, ants that ingested too much alcohol were carried home by the other ants."

    Jen
    redsox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #165
    Noles20
    Go Birds!
     
    Noles20's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Montgomery County, PA
    Posts: 20,001

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: Peloton bike

    Ride #400 yesterday. Have slowed down a bit in the last few weeks. Need to find some different times of day to ride when I can't ride after school.
    __________________
    (sb)
    Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out.
    Noles20 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #166
    redsox14
     
    redsox14's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2002
    Posts: 7,746

    Shows Seen: 89
    Send a message via AIM to redsox14

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Noles20 View Post
    Ride #400 yesterday. Have slowed down a bit in the last few weeks. Need to find some different times of day to ride when I can't ride after school.
    Congrats! I randomly saw you riding last week and checked your numbers. You've passed me in rides! I've been using the Tread a lot lately.
    __________________
    "In an 1888 study, ants that ingested too much alcohol were carried home by the other ants."

    Jen
    redsox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2019, 02:10 PM   #167
    jhinds76
     
    jhinds76's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: Duluth, MN
    Posts: 15,403

    Shows Seen: 54

    Re: Peloton bike

    I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have a couple of friends who have semi-recently purchased Peloton bikes and have been busting my chops to get one. I have researched pretty extensively and ended up ordering one a couple days ago. It is supposed to arrive the week of the 24th and I am pretty stoked about it. I never really know how much stock to put in reviews that I read from the seller's website so I took my buddy's advise and just bought it.

    Noles20 - Reading about your experience and success so far has made me feel pretty solid about my purchase. I appreciate you throwing your info up here and sharing!
    __________________
    (Joe Creekz sold my tickets)
    jhinds76 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2019, 03:01 PM   #168
    jhinds76
     
    jhinds76's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: Duluth, MN
    Posts: 15,403

    Shows Seen: 54

    Re: Peloton bike

    Also, a question for those of you that own Peloton bikes: Do any of you use a watch with yours for activity tracking? I read that the apple watch works well and you can choose between importing heart rate info from either your watch or the monitor connected to the bike. Any opinions?
    __________________
    (Joe Creekz sold my tickets)
    jhinds76 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2019, 09:25 PM   #169
    Noles20
    Go Birds!
     
    Noles20's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Montgomery County, PA
    Posts: 20,001

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jhinds76 View Post
    I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have a couple of friends who have semi-recently purchased Peloton bikes and have been busting my chops to get one. I have researched pretty extensively and ended up ordering one a couple days ago. It is supposed to arrive the week of the 24th and I am pretty stoked about it. I never really know how much stock to put in reviews that I read from the seller's website so I took my buddy's advise and just bought it.

    Noles20 - Reading about your experience and success so far has made me feel pretty solid about my purchase. I appreciate you throwing your info up here and sharing!
    I just saw this. Glad you made the purchase and glad my posts have put you at ease. This thread is like a diary of my Peloton experience. Post your username when you get it so we can follow you. Mine is CoachNolan
    __________________
    (sb)
    Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out.
    Noles20 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #170
    jhinds76
     
    jhinds76's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: Duluth, MN
    Posts: 15,403

    Shows Seen: 54

    Re: Peloton bike

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Noles20 View Post
    I just saw this. Glad you made the purchase and glad my posts have put you at ease. This thread is like a diary of my Peloton experience. Post your username when you get it so we can follow you. Mine is CoachNolan
    Will do, thanks. I am experiencing some frustration with delivery. They keep pushing it back. Starting to get pissed.
    __________________
    (Joe Creekz sold my tickets)
    jhinds76 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter