** College Football Season ** - Page 3180 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 12-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #95371
ExistenceNow
AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: College Football Season

He posted pretty much the same thing like 3 weeks ago, except it was 90 minutes on the phone. Rumors were that it was a big name NFL guy taking either the USC or Texas job.

Nothing.

He's just trolling for ratings.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #95372
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ves-title-shot

Missouri QB James Franklin: "I personally think if a team is undefeated, like Ohio State, people talk about a weak conference and everything, I still think they would deserve to play in it," Franklin said. "Because undefeated, tough teams or not, it's hard to win consistently and it's hard to go undefeated."
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #95373
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    Here's the thing about the SEC being the best conference the last 7 years; the sole reason has not been because an SEC team has won the MNC the past 7 years - even with the likely scenario where that streak ends this year (with Florida State, then Ohio State most likely winning the MNC), the SEC can still call itself the best conference. The SEC is probably still the best conference this year, but the Pac 12 was also very strong - I think the gap narrowed. I think if an SEC team that has 1 loss, should be chosen to play in the MNC over a team from any other conference with 1 loss.

Speaking of TAMU, everyone talks about how beating them is such a big deal. Sure they had a great offense, but except for the Alabama game (a game they lost), what did they show for people to think they are a top 25 team?

One of Auburn's rather weak talking points is that loss; it's not like Auburn lost to a top 5 team in a close game. Auburn was completed dominated, and LSU played the following teams closer then they played Auburn: TCU (4-8), Florida (4-8), Arkansas (3-9).
    Hey, at least AU has played ranked teams. tOSU played 1 team that is now ranked in the top 25 and finally will play a top 10 team in MSU.

AU has played 4 teams ending this year in the top 25 (Bama, UGA, LSU, and A&M) One of those happened to be #1 in the country. AU plays ANOTHER top 5 team this weekend. If they win that one that will be two top 5 teams (in consecutive weeks) they will have beaten and will be 4-1 against top 25 teams this year and 2-0 against top 5 teams. Any questions?

We're not attacking you personally, it's not your fault the Big 10 is a dead football conference. Being 12-0 is awesome, tOSU won all their games, it's just the level of play was not on par. If you can't understand that, then we can't help you. Hell, I wish the Big 10 was great again. I'm sick of this argument.

lulz AU is now #4 http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...hedule-by-team

tOSU is 52
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #95374
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

He's the Brenny of the sports world.
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #95375
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    He posted pretty much the same thing like 3 weeks ago, except it was 90 minutes on the phone. Rumors were that it was a big name NFL guy taking either the USC or Texas job.

Nothing.

He's just trolling for ratings.
    True. Kinda embarrassing though. You wouldn't think someone would do that. Cowherd reaches sometimes but this is crazy.

Quote:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ves-title-shot

Missouri QB James Franklin: "I personally think if a team is undefeated, like Ohio State, people talk about a weak conference and everything, I still think they would deserve to play in it," Franklin said. "Because undefeated, tough teams or not, it's hard to win consistently and it's hard to go undefeated."
    Let's interview him if they beat AU on Saturday and see if he stands by his word
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #95376
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    He's the Brenny of the sports world.

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #95377
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

Cowherd doesn't care about his reputation in the slightest, as long as he has one.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #95378
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    Hey, at least AU has played ranked teams. tOSU played 1 team that is now ranked in the top 25 and finally will play a top 10 team in MSU.

AU has played 4 teams ending this year in the top 25 (Bama, UGA, LSU, and A&M) One of those happened to be #1 in the country. AU plays ANOTHER top 5 team this weekend. If they win that one that will be two top 5 teams (in consecutive weeks) they will have beaten and will be 4-1 against top 25 teams this year and 2-0 against top 5 teams. Any questions?

We're not attacking you personally, it's not your fault the Big 10 is a dead football conference. Being 12-0 is awesome, tOSU won all their games, it's just the level of play was not on par. If you can't understand that, then we can't help you. Hell, I wish the Big 10 was great again. I'm sick of this argument.

lulz AU is now #4 http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...hedule-by-team

tOSU is 52
    Shouldn't of lost a game if Auburn wanted to play for the MNC. Auburn, with a tougher schedule than Ohio State & Florida State, would definitely be playing for the MNC if all 3 were undefeated.

Never implied I was being attacked personally - I do find it odd that Auburn (and other SEC) fanboys are going after Ohio State with the schedule argument, but not Florida State - even though Ohio State played a tougher schedule this year. Certainly if you think Auburn deserves to be ahead of Ohio State in the BCS rankings, you think they deserve to be ahead of Florida State too, right?

In any event, unless something weird happens, Ohio State would need to get beat for Auburn to get into the MNC game. Root for Sparty, root for Auburn in the SEC title game, but hope you dont get too upset if both Ohio State & Florida State win.

Last edited by Lee3691; 12-04-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #95379
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    Cowherd doesn't care about his reputation in the slightest, as long as he has one.
    Good point
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #95380
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

Shows Seen: 152

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Actually Oklahoma state once again had the worst loss. Dub vu so awful. Stanford's losses are really bad too. Awful Utah and awful USCwest. We lost one game as a favorite. Not two.

We better than Stanford. No doubt.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    wow that was a classic ricky deflection ™
    gocubsgo3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #95381
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=O6xa1S44iLU

Trailer for the 30 for 30 about Tressel & Clarrett. Done by the same people who did the 2 Escobars. I really think people are going to have a different view of Clarrett after they watch (not trying to excuse his bad behavior & poor decisions, but people will hopefully see he is not that person anymore).

Airs after the Heisman
    I have never had anything but a 100% approval rating on Maurice. He was a runaway slave who dared to challenge the system and then his owners beat him down time and time again till he lost it. He is a perfect example of the slave mentality that is the NCAA. I wish someone would tell me why he want ready to play in the NFL after year one?
    Quote:
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #95382
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Yea, I'd say WVU is the worst of that lot.

How do you not put up a single point against Maryland?
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #95383
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Shouldn't of lost a game if Auburn wanted to play for the MNC. Auburn, with a tougher schedule than Ohio State & Florida State, would definitely be playing for the MNC if all 3 were undefeated.

NEver implied I was being attacked personally - I do find it odd that Auburn (and other SEC) fanboys are going after Ohio State with the schedule argument, but not Florida State - even though Ohio State played a tougher schedule this year. Certainly if you think Auburn deserves to be ahead of Ohio State in the BCS rankings, you think they deserve to be ahead of Florida State too, right?

In any event, unless something weird happens, Ohio State would need to loose for Auburn to get into the MNC game. Root for Sparty, root for Auburn in the SEC title game, but hope you dont get too upset if both Ohio State & Florida State win.
    I come down on your side in thinking that OSU should get the chance by going undefeated, but I feel its pretty clear why SEC fans are targeting OSU and not FSU. It's the schedule plus the multiple close games. Florida State, outside of BC, has just throttled people.

EDIT: Plus they only need to jump one team, and OSU is sitting at 2.

Last edited by MOWJO8185; 12-04-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #95384
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    I have never had anything but a 100% approval rating on Maurice. He was a runaway slave who dared to challenge the system and then his owners beat him down time and time again till he lost it. He is a perfect example of the slave mentality that is the NCAA. I wish someone would tell me why he want ready to play in the NFL after year one?
    I think his issues were deeper than that.

Everything I've seen from him so far is he is amazingly self perspective about his life and not bitter at all.
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #95385
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Mowjo I agree mizzou beat no one really that good. Florida was awful Georgia was really bad due to injuries. Shit they lost up 17 to South Carolina. Having said that. Still lost one game all year. To a top ten preseason team and a postseason team. Maybe they are good. Good teams don't lose to teams that they should beat. Oklahoma state Stanford Alabama South Carolina all can't say that. I don't know. All have head scratching losses
    Quote:
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #95386
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think his issues were deeper than that.

Everything I've seen from him so far is he is amazingly self perspective about his life and not bitter at all.
    Maurice got a ton of awful advice and was taken advantage of by a lot of rich white people who never cared about him. I completely get why he lost it. I would too.
    Quote:
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #95387
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    I come down on your side in thinking that OSU should get the chance by going undefeated, but I feel its pretty clear why SEC fans are targeting OSU and not FSU. It's the schedule plus the multiple close games. Florida State, outside of BC, has just throttled people.
    I think that's only part of it. Ohio State has the stigma of being a team that chokes/loses big games and Florida State does not. This despite Ohio State being 6-3 in BCS games (most appearances and wins), and Florida State being 2-5.

Ohio State has played a better schedule than Florida State - that's just reality. However, Auburn has played in more close games than Ohio State is a whole lot luckier to have 1 loss, than Ohio State's zero losses. The only time that Ohio State was ever in danger of losing this season is when Michigan chose to go for 2. Auburn had 2 miracle wins this year. (You already know this, just making the case for my team)
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #95388
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    Maurice got a ton of awful advice and was taken advantage of by a lot of rich white people who never cared about him. I completely get why he lost it. I would too.
    I don't think you would of considered murdering someone.

I do think most Ohio State fans turned on him too quick. Even with all of his poor decisions, I always rooted for him to get his life back on track, and even when he was drafted.

Last edited by Lee3691; 12-04-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #95389
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

West Virginia three weeks in a row:

Drops 0 against Maryland
    Beats Oklahoma State
    Gives up 73 to Baylor

Old 12-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #95390
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

EDIT: Plus they only need to jump one team, and OSU is sitting at 2.
    Ohio state if undefeated should 100% play for the title. If however they get throttled again this will are the big ten and Ohio state back a tier forever.

If urban can't end southern supremacy in college football with players that came from a former cheating coach. Well then it will never happen.
    Quote:
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #95391
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Never implied I was being attacked personally - I do find it odd that Auburn (and other SEC) fanboys are going after Ohio State with the schedule argument, but not Florida State - even though Ohio State played a tougher schedule this year. Certainly if you think Auburn deserves to be ahead of Ohio State in the BCS rankings, you think they deserve to be ahead of Florida State too, right?

In any event, unless something weird happens, Ohio State would need to get beat for Auburn to get into the MNC game. Root for Sparty, root for Auburn in the SEC title game, but hope you dont get too upset if both Ohio State & Florida State win.
    I've mentioned how FSU played a joke of schedule too, but they also hung 50 on a top 15 team in Clemson at home. Their resume is not great, but looks a tad better than the Buckeye's. They're at 42 on the list.

Another reason is that FSU hasn't really struggled against anyone this year. BC was by 14 and that's the smallest margin all season. I read the other day where out of their 12 wins 11 of them were the worst defeat all season of the other team. tOSU struggled against Wisco, Northwestern, and UM. FSU struggled against no one. You gotta see our point of view. Yeah, we should have beaten LSU and we would if we played tomorrow but it's too late. You tend to lose a game when you play the best in the country.

I just want to win the SEC, if we can't make it to Pasadena then oh well, the NCG may as well have been this past Saturday in Auburn.

Winning the SEC is harder than winning the BCS, just ask ole Nicky
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #95392
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't think you would of considered murdering someone.

I do think most Ohio State fans turned on him too quick. Even with all of his poor decisions, I always rooted for him to get his life back on track, and even when he was drafted.
    I could never kill someone unless threatening my family or friends but I have been in despair situations where I have thought all hope was lost and have thought about killing myself so I can understand where he was on the night when he was in that truck with that gun.

The feeling of hopelessness is the worst feeling ever. And I didn't have millions taken away from me.
    Quote:
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #95393
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    West Virginia three weeks in a row:

Drops 0 against Maryland
    Beats Oklahoma State
    Gives up 73 to Baylor
    Lets not forget they also gave Kansas their first conference win in over two years. Seriously a mind-numbing loss for OK State.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #95394
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've mentioned how FSU played a joke of schedule too, but they also hung 50 on a top 15 team in Clemson at home. Their resume is not great, but looks a tad better than the Buckeye's. They're at 42 on the list.

Another reason is that FSU hasn't really struggled against anyone this year. BC was by 14 and that's the smallest margin all season. I read the other day where out of their 12 wins 11 of them were the worst defeat all season of the other team. tOSU struggled against Wisco, Northwestern, and UM. FSU struggled against no one. You gotta see our point of view. Yeah, we should have beaten LSU and we would if we played tomorrow but it's too late. You tend to lose a game when you play the best in the country.

I just want to win the SEC, if we can't make it to Pasadena then oh well, the NCG may as well have been this past Saturday in Auburn.

Winning the SEC is harder than winning the BCS, just ask ole Nicky
    I'm not even going to argue that winning the SEC is harder than winning the BCS actually. That may or may not be true, at least some of the last few years.

It's just absurd that Auburn fans are complaining that Ohio State struggled to beat teams when Auburn needed 2 of the biggest miracles in college football history in 2 separate wins.
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #95395
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Lee I think fsus schedule is just as pathetic. In fact Ohio state might have played the best team all year. Very possible michigan state is better than Clemson. If you lose by 37 at home you aren't good.
    Quote:
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #95396
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Lets not forget they also gave Kansas their first conference win in over two years. Seriously a mind-numbing loss for OK State.
    The Kansas loss was worse than going scoreless against Maryland or giving up 73 to Baylor. How do you beat Okie State and lose to Kansas?
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #95397
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm not even going to argue that winning the SEC is harder than winning the BCS actually. That may or may not be true, at least some of the last few years.

It's just absurd that Auburn fans are complaining that Ohio State struggled to beat teams when Auburn needed 2 of the biggest miracles in college football history in 2 separate wins.
    Winners win games. They could have lost those games, sure, but they didn't. Both of those teams are top 25 as well.

Struggling against Alabama = struggling against UM?

A miracle is tOSU giving up 30 points to Northwestern.
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #95398
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Winners win games. They could have lost those games, sure, but they didn't. Both of those teams are top 25 as well.

Struggling against Alabama = struggling against UM?

A miracle is tOSU giving up 30 points to Northwestern.
    Think about this statement, and you'll be at peace if Auburn misses out on the BCS Championship game.
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #95399
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

I feel not being able to post here every single day made me a little more objective. I think the reason Florida state isn't suffering from ohio state syndrome (we haven't played anyone) is three fold

1. Jimbo realiZed in July they needed to style point the shot out of every game where it took urban till mid October.
    2 Winston>Braxton both as a pro prospect and a Heisman candidate
    3. The Clemson game. No matter what fsu beat "#3" Clemson in "death valley" in prime time by 40 points whereas there is no ohio state win that is comparable.

That's why no one argues with fsu
    Quote:
    Old 12-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #95400
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

Right. FSU hasn't been close to losing all season, and they pummeled a top 5 team on the road.

Tags
    football , ncaa