Kevin Smith (Director) Appreciation Thread - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #91
neumdogg
Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Kevin Smith (Director) Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
https://www.flixfling.com/movie/22746/watch-yoga-hosers

Yoga Hosers is up to rent, I'm about to watch it. Stoked.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/yoga_hosers/

Not great reviews. But tell us how it is.
neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-17-2016, 05:48 PM   #92
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Critics are full of crap, movie rocked

But, I'm a big Kev fan going back to the Clerks days so my opinion is biased
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-17-2016, 06:48 PM   #93
    diableri
    Stay Limber

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Glad to read that. I enjoyed the last couple for what they were. Looking forward to this one as well.
    diableri is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #94
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

It's like Strange Brew mashed up with an 80's monster film
    Old 09-19-2016, 05:09 AM   #95
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Kevin Smith might be a great proof as to why weed is bad for you. Good lord he was so much better before he started smoking. He talked about retiring from filmmaking...he should really consider that again.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2017, 04:29 PM   #96
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

https://www.facebook.com/YesThatKevi...type=3&theater

This is not a drill! This is an actual image from my laptop! Yes, Kids - Jay and Silent Bob are coming back! Here's the story: Sadly, Clerks III can't happen (one of our four leads opted out of the flick). So I worked on a #Mallrats movie instead... which also didn't happen because it turned into a #Mallrats series. I've pitched said sequel series to 6 different networks only to find no takers thus far. Mind you, I'm not complaining: nobody gets to make EVERYTHING they wanna make in this business (do they?). And I've been lucky to make anything at all, there's so much competition out there, so many much cooler ideas from fresh folks. And besides: I had #comicbookmen and then @tuskthemovie and @yogahosers (which all came together so crazy quickly), and the podcasts and #fatmanonbatman. With all of that, how could I bitch about no Clerks III or Mallrats 2? Then when I started directing @thecw shows, it was such a slice of Heaven on Earth, I happily put my Askewniverse sequels to the side. Since I sold #Clerks and #Mallrats years ago, they're owned by others, which limits my moves with my own material. I don't mind: back in the day, all I ever wanted to do was sell my stuff so I could be in the movie biz in the first place. So I don't own Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy or #Dogma... But I DO own #jayandsilentbob. So while I love playing with someone else's new toys on @cwtheflash and @Supergirl, I'm getting eager to play with my old toys again in the inter-connected View Askewniverse I spent the first half of my career creating. And so all last month, I had the time of my life laughing while writing "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" - a fun flick in which the Jersey boys have to go back to Hollywood to stop a brand new reboot of the old "Bluntman & Chronic Movie" they hated so much. It's a tongue-in-cheek, silly-ass satire that pokes fun at the movie business's recent re-do obsession, featuring an all-star cast of cameos and familiar faces! And I already met with the good folks at Miramax and they're into it, so I'm hoping we'll be shooting in the summer! Never give up, kids. You CAN do anything you want in life, so long as you're patient and malleable. #KevinSmith
    Old 02-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #97
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

My Tour Central Stats

Retire? Fuck that Holden McNeil, you can never have enough weed and dick and fart jokes.
    Old 02-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #98
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

This is not a drill! This is an actual image from my laptop! Yes, Kids - Jay and Silent Bob are coming back! Here's the story: Sadly, Clerks III can't happen (one of our four leads opted out of the flick). So I worked on a #Mallrats movie instead... which also didn't happen because it turned into a #Mallrats series. I've pitched said sequel series to 6 different networks only to find no takers thus far. Mind you, I'm not complaining: nobody gets to make EVERYTHING they wanna make in this business (do they?). And I've been lucky to make anything at all, there's so much competition out there, so many much cooler ideas from fresh folks. And besides: I had #comicbookmen and then @tuskthemovie and @yogahosers (which all came together so crazy quickly), and the podcasts and #fatmanonbatman. With all of that, how could I bitch about no Clerks III or Mallrats 2? Then when I started directing @thecw shows, it was such a slice of Heaven on Earth, I happily put my Askewniverse sequels to the side. Since I sold #Clerks and #Mallrats years ago, they're owned by others, which limits my moves with my own material. I don't mind: back in the day, all I ever wanted to do was sell my stuff so I could be in the movie biz in the first place. So I don't own Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy or #Dogma... But I DO own #jayandsilentbob. So while I love playing with someone else's new toys on @cwtheflash and @Supergirl, I'm getting eager to play with my old toys again in the inter-connected View Askewniverse I spent the first half of my career creating. And so all last month, I had the time of my life laughing while writing "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" - a fun flick in which the Jersey boys have to go back to Hollywood to stop a brand new reboot of the old "Bluntman & Chronic Movie" they hated so much. It's a tongue-in-cheek, silly-ass satire that pokes fun at the movie business's recent re-do obsession, featuring an all-star cast of cameos and familiar faces! And I already met with the good folks at Miramax and they're into it, so I'm hoping we'll be shooting in the summer! Never give up, kids. You CAN do anything you want in life, so long as you're patient and malleable. #KevinSmith

THIS is a reboot I can get into.

Why not sell the mall rats series to Netflix? It would KILL.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #99
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I love that I just see "COCK".

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #100
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

So excited.

Yoga Hosers left a bad taste in my mouth but in a weird way I kind of liked the movie.

Snooth to the bootch!
    Old 02-10-2017, 05:15 AM   #101
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

My Tour Central Stats

So disappointing that despite virtually all key cast members committing to a new project, Mallrats:Whatever didn't get off the ground.

Snootchie Bootchies!
    Old 02-10-2017, 06:34 AM   #102
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    THIS is a reboot I can get into.

Why not sell the mall rats series to Netflix? It would KILL.
    He probably did.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #103
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

You can watch the pilot for Kev's new show, Hollyweed

http://on.rivittv.com/hollyweed/

And then you can pledge to support it so more episodes get made! Watch it for free, it's awesome. Then go pledge to support it, because I want more

Last edited by chadizzy1; 07-12-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    Old 07-14-2018, 05:01 PM   #104
    Joruus
    The Binge

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

It's unfortunate that Comic Book Men wasn't picked up for more episodes. They were just starting to pull in some bigger named guests from doing the convention circuit.

Even though it was a direct rip off of Pawn Stars, I still enjoyed it.
    Old 07-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #105
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joruus View Post
    It's unfortunate that Comic Book Men wasn't picked up for more episodes. They were just starting to pull in some bigger named guests from doing the convention circuit.

Even though it was a direct rip off of Pawn Stars, I still enjoyed it.
    It was intentional. Kevin Smith always said he wanted a show that was "Pawn Stars in a comic book store"