Remember Two Things Poster Question - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-12-2023, 08:17 PM   #1
DMB1982VA

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Remember Two Things Poster Question

I tried really hard not to buy this poster. The owner had it listed for $40 for the last month or two and I kept stumbling into the ad when surfing Marketplace. A few weeks ago I noticed the seller marked it down to $25. I still passed on it. It's not that I don't want it but its final resting place would be on a wall in my basement and my whole basement needs to be renovated. I want to say I have something like 6-7 DMB concert posters that need to be framed and hung at some point. At this point I don't have any idea what kind of wall space I'll even have available for an additional poster. So I did my best to ignore the ad. Well......I came across the ad one more time and I slipped up. I sent a message and said, "Will you go $15 cash?" Fully expecting her to say, "No" as she originally had it listed for $40. She said, "Sure, I can do that". I was weak and feeble and I thought she would say, "No". I had no other choice now to go and buy it!

https://i.postimg.cc/gjz65FvM/Screen...1-102540-2.png

I did zero research on the poster prior to purchasing it. I thought it was a cool poster and it was a good enough excuse to go and snag it. When I brought it home I noticed it had the year 1993 marked on it. I just assumed it was from around 1997 when RCA rereleased the album. When researching the poster the very few results I found had mentioned the year 1993. This has to be one of their earlier posters if the year is accurate? I messaged the seller and asked if she could give me some background of the origin of the poster. She was given the poster from her friend who was recently married and down sizing his collection. That's as far as I got. Does anyone know where this poster came from? Were they concert posters? I see one listed on Ebay and have noticed a few others that have sold through Ebay that mentioned them being a rare poster. I just picked it up as I couldn't resist and I've always liked that album cover. I'm interested if anyone has some info on it. Thanks for the help!
DMB1982VA is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-12-2023, 09:01 PM   #2
    DMB1982VA

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Remember Two Things Poster Question

I guess the other clue would be "The" Dave Matthews Band. They dropped the word, "The" early on. The poster also mentions Bama Rags Records. If the poster was printed in 97 when the Remember Two Things album was rereleased there would probably be slim to zero percent chance the poster would mention Bama Rags Records as RCA owned it by that point. My best guess is that the poster is from around 93/94.

Last edited by DMB1982VA; 03-12-2023 at 09:06 PM.
    Old 03-13-2023, 02:31 PM   #3
    dancheatham

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

"The" isn't that big of a clue here as the 1997 reissue also said "The Dave Matthews Band." It wasn't until the recent (2014?) reissue that they dropped the "The" from this album.

I do, however, think it's from the original release timeframe and not the 1997 reissue, not because it DOES mention Bama Rags but because it DOESN'T mention RCA. Bama Rags is still a thing, and it's on all issues of Remember Two Things, but RCA obviously wouldn't have been on there in 1993.
    Old 03-13-2023, 02:38 PM   #4
    dancheatham

My Tour Central Stats

With all that said, the image itself doesn't look like the original issue, so it could be from 1997 and just has the original album's copyright date on there. I know they changed to an updated version of the autostereogram at some point, but I can't find my 1997 copy to see exactly when it changed.
    Old 03-13-2023, 05:07 PM   #5
    DMB1982VA

My Tour Central Stats

So I did some more digging to see what I could find on the poster. I came across an older eBay ad for the poster and the guy mentioned that he was the original owner of the poster and that he had purchased it in the early 90's after a DMB show in Virginia. Here's a screenshot of the ad I found.

https://i.postimg.cc/kg0PrMrT/Screen...3-184637-2.png

So it looks and sounds like the poster is possibly from around that time frame by the looks of it. I keep looking around and see if I can find some more information.
    Old 03-13-2023, 08:34 PM   #6
    dancheatham

My Tour Central Stats

For what it's worth, I just checked the catalog insert in my copy of the 1993 issue (the catalog itself is dated 1995), and it has this exact posted in there for $20. I think it's safe to say this is from prior to the 1997 reissue and likely from 1994, give or take a year.
    Old 03-14-2023, 05:42 AM   #7
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

cool find OP, and thanks to dan the almanac man for always being an authority on history
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-14-2023, 07:57 AM   #8
    DMB1982VA

My Tour Central Stats

I very much appreciate the time you took to look into that Dancheatham. I bet it was was late 93 and 94 with Remember Two Things coming out in November of 93. So it sounds like it was available at concerts and catalogs from what I gather. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton!
    Old 03-14-2023, 07:59 AM   #9
    DMB1982VA

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks! @cry_minarets458. A big thanks to Dancheatham!