Annual Warehouse Package - Page 41 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-24-2023, 07:04 AM   #1201
wvufan2010
Evan

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Annual Warehouse Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
So the WH disc is as lackluster as you could imagine from the track list. The obvious highlights are Break Free and Break For It (though there were better performances of both from other venues this summer). Samurai Cop is a rather good performance. And I suppose if you like Do You Remember kicking it up a few notches and speeding through or obsessed with Gilford, NH...then sure.

My favorite moment of the whole disc might be the absolutely indifferent/uneventful reaction from the crowd at Pine Knob to Louisiana Bayou starting up

If they play Bayou at Deer Creek this year everyone is just gonna be standing there waiting for the worst until it’s over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wvufan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-24-2023, 07:05 AM   #1202
    wvufan2010
    Evan

My Tour Central Stats

VLC is awesome if you’re listening on your computer. If you want to transfer them to play on your phone, I’ve had a lot of luck with the Flacbox app.

Old 02-24-2023, 07:29 AM   #1203
    JimBeam41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wvufan2010 View Post
    VLC is awesome if you’re listening on your computer. If you want to transfer them to play on your phone, I’ve had a lot of luck with the Flacbox app.
    I downloaded these to my computer but iTunes is giving me an error message for transferring these to my iPhone. I've never had this problem. Is this Flacbox an alternative to this, or is there another site that can do the same?
    JimBeam41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2023, 08:24 AM   #1204
    wvufan2010
    Evan

My Tour Central Stats

Annual Warehouse Package

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
    I downloaded these to my computer but iTunes is giving me an error message for transferring these to my iPhone. I've never had this problem. Is this Flacbox an alternative to this, or is there another site that can do the same?

So what I did was uploaded the FLAC files to my Google Drive, and then Flacbox lets you import stuff straight from your Drive to your phone and play it through the app that way. Does that help?

Old 02-24-2023, 08:37 AM   #1205
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So what I did was uploaded the FLAC files to my Google Drive, and then Flacbox lets you import stuff straight from your Drive to your phone and play it through the app that way. Does that help?

That's pretty much what you do with VOX. Upload them to Google Drive. Then click on them and select "Open With" and then select VOX or Flacbox
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2023, 08:43 AM   #1206
    JimBeam41

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Quote:
    That's pretty much what you do with VOX. Upload them to Google Drive. Then click on them and select "Open With" and then select VOX or Flacbox
    Thanks guys, i'll try that.
    JimBeam41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2023, 08:58 AM   #1207
    MonsterMadmoon

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I can easily tell a difference, especially when listening in the car.

I use an app called VOX to do it. You have to load the files to Google Drive then onto VOX from there. Bit of a chore, but, liking the audio quality better, its worth it for me.

FLAC quality is ESPECIALLY true with taper pulls for shows.

I'll try VOX. I've used Flacbox in the past, but it's buggy and also a pain to download to gdrive or dropbox.
    MonsterMadmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2023, 09:01 AM   #1208
    MonsterMadmoon

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So the WH disc is as lackluster as you could imagine from the track list. The obvious highlights are Break Free and Break For It (though there were better performances of both from other venues this summer). Samurai Cop is a rather good performance. And I suppose if you like Do You Remember kicking it up a few notches and speeding through or are obsessed with Gilford, NH...then sure.

My favorite moment of the whole disc might be the absolutely indifferent/uneventful reaction from the crowd at Pine Knob to Louisiana Bayou starting up
    Agree. It's pretty lackluster. 2022 was a pretty good summer tour, and I'm surprised they didn't use better performances. I've made some of my own mixes from the XM shows with way better performances. Not that they'd rehash those releases, but it seems they went out of their way to find some average performances or just picked songs randomly without listening to them.

Break Free and Break for It are both not very good versions. BFI especially sounds like they are bored.
    MonsterMadmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2023, 09:31 AM   #1209
    ForkInFork

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    I believe the VLC app plays FLAC as well. Not sure about SHN, but VLC might be an easier undertaking than other apps.
    VLC doesntp lay SHN AFAIK, I use Foobar for that, super simple and works well for me.
    ForkInFork is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2023, 10:15 AM   #1210
    hammet2

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone willing to share the files with me through PM? I am a Warehouse member that doesn't renew until the end of September. Ahhh.
    Old 02-24-2023, 10:49 AM   #1211
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

A November join here, so I won't get access to the 2023 DLs until 12/23 at the earliest...the wait is annoying, but there's little in the WH "disc" that's got me excited...and none of shows I went to were featured (fwtw, which is quite little).

I'll take a look at the show setlist in a bit.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2023, 11:17 AM   #1212
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Just lookin out - I wanted to share this post from a mod over in the Vanderbilt show thread in the Live Releases section

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Let this serve as the one and only warning, do not offer and do not request the exchange of of copyrighted material. Will be issuing bans from here on out.
    Old 02-24-2023, 11:21 AM   #1213
    hammet2

Shows Seen: 60

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Just lookin out - I wanted to share this post from a mod over in the Vanderbilt show thread in the Live Releases section
    I understand...I can wait the 8 months. Thanks.
    Old 02-27-2023, 10:01 AM   #1214
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Album cover titles:

2021: Warehouse Vol. 10

2022: Warehouse 10 Vol. 11 >> Warehouse Vol. 11

2023: Warehouse 10 Vol. 12 ?

Did they go back to the old title format for this year (or fuck up), or did they change the cover artwork again and I just can't find it anywhere? Cause every release info I'm seeing is calling it "Warehouse Vol. 12", yet the album cover says "Warehouse 10 Vol. 12"...

Last edited by Antiramie; 02-27-2023 at 10:02 AM.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2023, 11:01 AM   #1215
    dancheatham

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    Album cover titles:

2021: Warehouse Vol. 10

2022: Warehouse 10 Vol. 11 >> Warehouse Vol. 11

2023: Warehouse 10 Vol. 12 ?

Did they go back to the old title format for this year (or fuck up), or did they change the cover artwork again and I just can't find it anywhere? Cause every release info I'm seeing is calling it "Warehouse Vol. 12", yet the album cover says "Warehouse 10 Vol. 12"...
    They announced it as "Warehouse Vol. 12" but the cover art says "Warehouse 10 Vol. 12."

I think you have 2022 switched around, actually. The announcement and original artwork said "Warehouse Vol. 11" but then it was changed to "Warehouse 10 Vol. 11."
    Old 02-27-2023, 11:23 AM   #1216
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dancheatham View Post
    I think you have 2022 switched around, actually. The announcement and original artwork said "Warehouse Vol. 11" but then it was changed to "Warehouse 10 Vol. 11."
    You sure?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anklebunker View Post
    The email that just went out to January renewals has revised cover art for Vol 11...now says "Warehouse Volume 11" and not "Warehouse 10 Volume 11" (see attached). I was wondering if/when they were going to get rid of the "Warehouse 7/10" naming scheme.
    Plus, if you currently view the 2022 package on the Warehouse site it has the "Warehouse Volume 11" moniker and artwork shown.
    Old 02-27-2023, 01:29 PM   #1217
    dancheatham

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You sure?

Plus, if you currently view the 2022 package on the Warehouse site it has the "Warehouse Volume 11" moniker and artwork shown.
    No, I'm not sure, which is why I said "I think." But I think when you actually download it, the artwork that comes with the files says "Warehouse 10 Volume 11," much like how Vol. 12 is this year.

I could be wrong. But I am 100% that it changed at one point--just not totally sure which direction the change was.
    Old 02-27-2023, 02:10 PM   #1218
    anklebunker

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

The Vol. 11 announcement email on 1/19/22 had the "Warehouse Volume 11" graphic. The same graphic (moved around slightly along w/the Gilford Warehouse 2022 download) is on the WH's 1/19/22 news release.

When I downloaded the files on 2/4/22 the artwork that came with the files instead showed "Warehouse 10 Volume 11".

When I got the email on 2/8/22 saying that the download was available to me as a January renewal, that email again had the "Warehouse Volume 11" graphic.

For my iTunes I could never find a high-res version of their "Warehouse Volume 11" graphic so I just edited the downloaded file's artwork in MS Paint to remove the "10" and scoot "Warehouse" over to the right...was pretty easy to do since that portion had a dark/black background. Antiramie I remember you PMing me...and me sending you my mod to the Vol. 11 artwork, lol. Not as easy to do with Vol. 12 this year because of the different background...so I actually reverted back to the "Warehouse 10 Volume 11" artwork in my iTunes.

Glad I'm not the only one nitpicky about stuff like this. Frankly, after "Warehouse Vol. 10" was the first fully-digital release (with no additional tracks for longer-term WH members), that would've been the best time to drop the "7/10" thing once and for all...just "Warehouse Vol. 11", "Warehouse Vol. 12", etc. going forward. But here we are.

While I'm on the topic, I wished they would've continued the "Warehouse 20XX" naming scheme for the annual full show download.

"Warehouse 2021" (2019 Sacramento show)

"Warehouse 2022" (2022 Gilford show)

shoulda been "Warehouse 2023" (2009 Nashville show)

And thanks dancheatham for all the work on the Almanac! Great resource.

Last edited by anklebunker; 02-27-2023 at 02:15 PM.
    anklebunker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2023, 07:20 PM   #1219
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dancheatham View Post
    No, I'm not sure, which is why I said "I think." But I think when you actually download it, the artwork that comes with the files says "Warehouse 10 Volume 11," much like how Vol. 12 is this year.

I could be wrong. But I am 100% that it changed at one point--just not totally sure which direction the change was.
    I wasn't being sarcastic btw. Was just seeing if maybe you knew something in spite of what I mentioned.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anklebunker View Post
    The Vol. 11 announcement email on 1/19/22 had the "Warehouse Volume 11" graphic. The same graphic (moved around slightly along w/the Gilford Warehouse 2022 download) is on the WH's 1/19/22 news release.

When I downloaded the files on 2/4/22 the artwork that came with the files instead showed "Warehouse 10 Volume 11".

When I got the email on 2/8/22 saying that the download was available to me as a January renewal, that email again had the "Warehouse Volume 11" graphic.

For my iTunes I could never find a high-res version of their "Warehouse Volume 11" graphic so I just edited the downloaded file's artwork in MS Paint to remove the "10" and scoot "Warehouse" over to the right...was pretty easy to do since that portion had a dark/black background. Antiramie I remember you PMing me...and me sending you my mod to the Vol. 11 artwork, lol. Not as easy to do with Vol. 12 this year because of the different background...so I actually reverted back to the "Warehouse 10 Volume 11" artwork in my iTunes.

Glad I'm not the only one nitpicky about stuff like this. Frankly, after "Warehouse Vol. 10" was the first fully-digital release (with no additional tracks for longer-term WH members), that would've been the best time to drop the "7/10" thing once and for all...just "Warehouse Vol. 11", "Warehouse Vol. 12", etc. going forward. But here we are.

While I'm on the topic, I wished they would've continued the "Warehouse 20XX" naming scheme for the annual full show download.

"Warehouse 2021" (2019 Sacramento show)

"Warehouse 2022" (2022 Gilford show)

shoulda been "Warehouse 2023" (2009 Nashville show)

And thanks dancheatham for all the work on the Almanac! Great resource.
    Lol right there with you being OCD about meaningless shit like this. I saw the cover art for both Warehouse albums this year and was like wtf

Again, I appreciate you sending me that cover art for last year's btw. I'm just leaving shit according to what's shown on the Warehouse website for the respective yearly packages. Plus, I don't feel like going back and changing any metadata at this point anyway lol. But the lack of consistency one way or the other is kind of stupid
    Old 02-28-2023, 05:47 AM   #1220
    Hilly

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Exactly. Be sure to say:

" Proudest Monkey! "
    Old 02-28-2023, 08:29 AM   #1221
    Simm0nS

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Any standout tracks from the Nashville show?

2024 - Blossom, Camden N1 & N2
    Simm0nS is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2023, 08:59 AM   #1222
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Simm0nS View Post
    Thank god I got to hear Last Stop for the first and only time the next year or else I'd still have blue balls from that tease. That's probably the most memorable part of the Vanderbilt show for me. Fuckin' Dave lol.

Bartender opener was the tits though. Was a fun show. Pretty rock steady set from start to finish.

Last edited by Antiramie; 02-28-2023 at 09:03 AM.
    Old 02-28-2023, 09:22 AM   #1223
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Simm0nS View Post

Performance wise, the lineup is top notch and on fire the whole show. Boyd is is fine form, too.

Bartender, Seek Up, Burning Down the House*, Why I Am*, Die Trying, Recently, Two Step, Blue Water...also 2009 Jimi Thing feels way more fresh going back to it now than I felt it was back then.

*Odd ones to single out, but they nailed the performances of them.
    Old 02-28-2023, 10:21 AM   #1224
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

How can I sync this to get it on my phone? Asking for a friend.
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2023, 10:35 AM   #1225
    blumathu

Shows Seen: 38

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilant420 View Post
    How can I sync this to get it on my phone? Asking for a friend.
    If you have an iPhone with an Apple Music subscription, just put it in your Apple Music library and you should see it on your phone shortly after.

If you don't have Apple Music, then sync it manually by plugging in your phone to your computer.

If you have an Android device, it is much simpler. Just copy the files to a folder on your phone.
    blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2023, 05:20 AM   #1226
    Hilly

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

"Let this serve as the one and only warning, do not offer and do not request the exchange of of copyrighted material. Will be issuing bans from here on out."

So, will see see a ban here?

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 03-02-2023 at 05:24 AM.
    Hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2023, 05:24 AM   #1227
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Yes, and requests will be deleted as well so maybe don't quote them. If you want to report them, use the report function.
    Old 03-02-2023, 12:06 PM   #1228
    SoRight2step

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

So after listening to all of it.... two take aways. Break Free sounds like dave learned it the day before on this version. Second, Do You Remember has always been a bland bathroom song for me for the last few years. But! THIS VERSION!! It is so good. He actually pushes the vocals a bit and reminds me a lot of Peter Gabriel on his live stuff like solsbury hill.

Been listing to this version non stop of do you remember and never thought id say those words.

The version of Squirm was way better live at the gorge than how it sounds recording wise on this too... sadly so damn lucky peaked hard in 2010 and has been eh thses past years.its not bad but not exciting. So Right is a solid version on here but not mind blowing like 2014 ones but fun
    SoRight2step is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2023, 01:36 PM   #1229
    Aforauer

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Disc is solid other than half the disc being filled with stuff you get at basically every show you go to (Can’t Stop, DYR, SDL, Samurai Cop, Bayou) Not sure why they needed to put that on here. Questionable decision per usual

Aforauer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2023, 02:00 PM   #1230
    Cryfreedom09
    mmmm beach ball

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Hilly has been deputized now and he will be on the lookout. Beware