2023/2024 Tour Rumors Thread - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 09-19-2022, 05:08 PM   #31
5P4C
new dave fan

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Summer 2023 Tour Rumors Thread

wondering about SPAC ‘23. July 7/8 ?
5P4C is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-19-2022, 05:11 PM   #32
    ElijahSoRight72

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    I don't think I've seen them at a proper "stadium"

In 2009, I saw them at our minor league baseball "stadium"

Seeing them at the United Center in 2012 I count as somewhat "stadium" since the Blackhawks play there

But I'd love a Wrigley or Busch Stadium show, as a huge baseball fan I'd travel for either one of those
    Yeah same here, minor league stadium in Des Moines 2009. Wrigley would be great, and I wouldn’t mind a show at Citizen’s Bank here in Philly. Could be fun! The good news about the fall tour is by the time it’s over, we’ll be gearing up for ‘23 dates already.
    ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 05:13 PM   #33
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

If they cut their tour down significantly they could sell out baseball stadiums. If Citi Field was a Friday/Sat night and the only Non-upstate NY stop, they would 100 percent sell it out. No question.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 05:18 PM   #34
    madhatter

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't think I've seen them at a proper "stadium"

In 2009, I saw them at our minor league baseball "stadium"

Seeing them at the United Center in 2012 I count as somewhat "stadium" since the Blackhawks play there

But I'd love a Wrigley or Busch Stadium show, as a huge baseball fan I'd travel for either one of those
    My first show was 5/26/99 at Giants Stadium. It'd be interesting if they do that again (now it's MetLife Stadium, and has a slightly higher capacity).

But hey, if they're considering minor league, I have one right in town...
    madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 06:09 PM   #35
    crounsa810

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Makes sense given it’s likely to be a BTCS 25th anniversary tour. There’s also always the horrifying prospect of them announcing it to be their final tour. That’d fill up some stadiums for sure.
    Old 09-19-2022, 07:31 PM   #36
    illinifan

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carpenter41 View Post
    Yeah that's probably the main reason honestly. Every show I've been to this year seems to be filled really well. One of the best selling years from my perspective
    Simmer down there sparky. Call your Dr. If you're out of meds.
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 07:38 PM   #37
    DMBSJR

Shows Seen: 109

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    First up, via anonymous, apparently stadiums are being considered for Summer 2023.
    I could totally see Wrigley happening. I said it when they posted pictures from the game on their off day...Wrigley will happen next year.

Then the question becomes...will Alpine get skipped. Most likely and come back in 2024.

DMB 2023
    : D&T Mexico, Innings, Charleston x2, Pittsburgh, Deer Creek x2, The Gorge x3, JPJ x2
    DMBSJR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 06:24 AM   #38
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
    Makes sense given it’s likely to be a BTCS 25th anniversary tour. There’s also always the horrifying prospect of them announcing it to be their final tour. That’d fill up some stadiums for sure.
    If they announced they were going to be performing BTCS in it's entirety for the entire tour next summer, they'd sell a lot more tickets than normal. It might lead to some boring, static setlists, but it'd rack in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'd be all for it, because I've all but given up ever hearing Spoon or Halloween live. And I've seen them do Last Stop twice, but that was in 2003, and I've pretty much given that up too.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:02 AM   #39
    jjlak15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBSJR View Post
    I could totally see Wrigley happening. I said it when they posted pictures from the game on their off day...Wrigley will happen next year.

Then the question becomes...will Alpine get skipped. Most likely and come back in 2024.
    Alpine is getting skipped in 2023 regardless. Its a Northerly Island / potentially Wrigley year.
    jjlak15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:23 AM   #40
    mynameismike

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    If they announced they were going to be performing BTCS in it's entirety for the entire tour next summer, they'd sell a lot more tickets than normal. It might lead to some boring, static setlists, but it'd rack in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'd be all for it, because I've all but given up ever hearing Spoon or Halloween live. And I've seen them do Last Stop twice, but that was in 2003, and I've pretty much given that up too.
    nope, no they wouldnt
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:27 AM   #41
    MiniFlynny34

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post

As much as I’d love for that to happen, as someone who’s been chasing Last Stop forever, that is not in the realm of possibility.
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:45 AM   #42
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Stadium shows really? Would have to be at minor league baseball stadium. Could see them playing the one NOLA just because NOLA has no sizable amphitheater. Plus that was a rumor a few years ago.
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:51 AM   #43
    zrroot

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I could see Wrigley/Fenway/Citi happening if they were the only shows around, openers would help. Probably be an easy ticket for them all either way
    zrroot is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 10:14 AM   #44
    LynchFS

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Scott Stadium???
    LynchFS is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 10:34 AM   #45
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Eww, no. Just go to Bristow like always and call it a day.
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 02:22 PM   #46
    drgonzotx

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

With news of how much people were digging the fiddle at the Hollywood Bowl last night, should we be asking if this is something they are toying with for the Fall tour?
    drgonzotx is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 08:11 AM   #47
    DMBBeav

My Tour Central Stats

I don't see how stadiums possibly work for this band in 2023. They don't sell out very many 20,000 people sheds...why would they suddenly be playing to twice that size?

On a personal level, I would travel a distance to 'not' see them in a stadium. If they played Fenway and Citi Field, my shows would be Bethel and Gilford (or SPAC).
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 08:16 AM   #48
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBBeav View Post

On a personal level, I would travel a distance to 'not' see them in a stadium. If they played Fenway and Citi Field, my shows would be Bethel and Gilford (or SPAC).
    in the hypothetical, the band wouldn't be playing bethel and gilford. that's why they'd be playing the stadiums--because they would be hitting one stadium in an MSA rather than 2-3 sheds.

whether they actually do that, I'm skeptical, but that's the logic.

also, I wonder if they could/would do 13-15 stadium shows as a way to have their members (or prospective members?) spending more time at home (like, so that a certain person with young twins could only travel like a couple nights a week, instead of being on the road the entire summer)?
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 08:29 AM   #49
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    in the hypothetical, the band wouldn't be playing bethel and gilford. that's why they'd be playing the stadiums--because they would be hitting one stadium in an MSA rather than 2-3 sheds.

also, I wonder if they could/would do 13-15 stadium shows as a way to have their members (or prospective members?) spending more time at home (like, so that a certain person with young twins could only travel like a couple nights a week, instead of being on the road the entire summer)?
    No one will believe me (which is fine) but Gilford is one of the bands favorite places.
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 08:30 AM   #50
    DMBBeav

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Is that confirmed - a stadium only tour? ZBB does play sheds in addition to baseball stadiums (literally Citi Field and Bethel in the same tour).

Red Hot Chili Peppers did play only stadiums but 1) they tour once every 5 years 2) they had fantastic openers.
    Old 09-21-2022, 08:58 AM   #51
    5P4C
    new dave fan

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

edit: found it

Side question, can someone tell me where I go to see all of my past posts ? Can’t find it. Thanks !

Last edited by 5P4C; 09-21-2022 at 08:59 AM.
    5P4C is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 09:06 AM   #52
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBBeav View Post
    Is that confirmed - a stadium only tour? ZBB does play sheds in addition to baseball stadiums (literally Citi Field and Bethel in the same tour).

Red Hot Chili Peppers did play only stadiums but 1) they tour once every 5 years 2) they had fantastic openers.
    And sold out or came very close to selling out all of their shows. Massive tickets. Frusciante's return drove sales + the latest album doing well. You're right that them not touring in quite a while probably helped too.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 09:13 AM   #53
    mquerques92

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Idk if this is a popular opinion, but I'd strongly prefer the current lineup doing a similar tour to this year to a 13-15 show stadium run with an added violin.

Add in a couple staples like the Gorge and SPAC and I could get on board, but I'm not at all interested in stadium shows
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 10:32 AM   #54
    DMBBeav

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
    And sold out or came very close to selling out all of their shows. Massive tickets. Frusciante's return drove sales + the latest album doing well. You're right that them not touring in quite a while probably helped too.
    Yea, I went to the Philly RHCP and thought their management did a good job using dynamic pricing and a good opening band to fill the houses.

Personally, Strokes were the far better band. RHCP's set and performance reminded me of like DMB playing N1 of a 2 night stand at any random venue; a few hits, some random deeper tracks of varying quality from their discography and a bunch of crap from the new album. Difference is that is what makes DMB a great annual tradition; you see a show like that and you know N2 (or next year's show) is going to be awesome and you appreciate hearing different songs. Seeing that is the set the Chili Peppers have more or less been playing all tour is disappointing.
    Old 09-21-2022, 10:43 AM   #55
    monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Stadium shows are a dumb idea for DMB in 2023
    essentially we would have to pay the same prices as an intimate Amphitheatre except be further away and disconnected from the stage

Bands like the Chili Peppers did shows here in the NYC/Tri State area at Met Life and the pricing was out of this world just to be miles away from the stage. If that is for RHCP DMB would have the same fate.

Every year I still wonder why fans want stadium shows. Even if Ann was to sit in for certain weekends (unlikely) screw having less shows in stadiums. I would rather go to gilford and bethel and enjoy the intimacy of the band than have to be a baseball field away from DMB.
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 10:51 AM   #56
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Pass on stadium shows for us. Some of the sheds don't even sounds that great, why would you want to play a summer show in a venue not even slightly built for sound.

As a fan, why would you want to be in a venue with little to no options for shade cover during the hottest time of the year. People'll be spontaneously combusting in the pit.

The only way I could see this making sense is single shows in big markets and 20 date tour. They'd have to severely drive up demand for stadium shows and nothing will do that more than playing less than half as many summer dates as they usually do.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 10:55 AM   #57
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
    Good point, a huge potential demand driver...

Play BTCS in its entirety at each show with the best of tLWS and popular unreleased stuff.
    Maybe make of point of hitting the "hits" at most shows at least two/three per show...gotta not dismiss the casual fans or those still love these tunes that may have been their introductions to the band.

Still would hope for SPAC and do the lawn there before going to a stadium.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 11:10 AM   #58
    mquerques92

My Tour Central Stats

I posted this last year when there was some discussion about other older bands only playing weekends. I still think something like this is the way to go instead of moving to stadiums to cut back on shows (assuming that would be the reason for the change)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mquerques92 View Post
    Something like this would be awesome. A couple one offs to hit some smaller staple markets, but mostly 2-3 night stands and only weekends.

Friday, May 27, 2022 – Woodlands
    Saturday, May 28, 2022 – Dallas
    Sunday, May 29, 2022 – Austin
    Friday, June 3, 2022 – Deer Creek
    Saturday, June 4, 2022 – Deer Creek
    Friday, June 10, 2022 – Burgettstown
    Saturday, June 11, 2022 – Burgettstown
    Friday, June 17, 2022 – Alpine
    Saturday, June 18, 2022 – Alpine
    Sunday, June 19, 2022 – Alpine
    Friday, June 24, 2022 – Camden
    Saturday, June 25, 2022 – Camden
    Friday, July 1, 2022 – SPAC
    Saturday, July 2, 2022 – SPAC
    Sunday, July 3, 2022 – SPAC
    Friday, July 8, 2022 – Virginia Beach
    Saturday, July 9, 2022 – Raleigh
    Friday, July 15, 2022 – WPB
    Saturday, July 16, 2022 – WPB
    Sunday, July 17, 2022 – WPB
    Friday, August 12, 2022 – Fiddler's
    Saturday, August 13, 2022 – Fiddler's
    Friday, August 19, 2022 – Hollywood Bowl
    Saturday, August 20, 2022 – Hollywood Bowl
    Friday, August 26, 2022 – Greek
    Saturday, August 27, 2022 – Greek
    Sunday, August 28, 2022 – Greek
    Friday, September 2, 2022 – Gorge
    Saturday, September 3, 2022 – Gorge
    Sunday, September 4, 2022 – Gorge
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2022, 11:12 AM   #59
    DMBBeav

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Good point, a huge potential demand driver...

Play BTCS in its entirety at each show with the best of tLWS and popular unreleased stuff.
    Maybe make of point of hitting the "hits" at most shows at least two/three per show...gotta not dismiss the casual fans or those still love these tunes that may have been their introductions to the band.

Still would hope for SPAC and do the lawn there before going to a stadium.
    I agree. I don't think they would only do stadium shows and I would drive hours to see them in an amphitheater instead.
    Old 09-21-2022, 12:57 PM   #60
    dmb2much40
    flower in the desert

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I’d be in favor of 10 or so multi-night stands spread out across the country. I don’t care to go to mid-week shows anymore. And that type of schedule would force them to dig a little deeper in the catalog.
    into a black bottomless well
    and the red blue blood comes through her
    feels as cold as ice in her hell..."
    dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote