*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 10949 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-14-2021, 05:26 AM   #328441
ricky towel

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, trolling, but Hamilton discussion OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
bring a gun to work to protect your colleagues: oh shit yea of course duh

wear a mask to protect your colleagues: lol no get fuckd
None of these rootin tootin gun totin members of Congress did any heroic shit, so they can drop that bullshit.
ricky towel is online now   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-14-2021, 05:30 AM   #328442
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, trolling, but Hamilton discussion OK)

It's still Trump's party

https://www.axios.com/trump-republic...m_content=1100
    Old 01-14-2021, 05:41 AM   #328443
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post
    After some Republicans balked at going through House metal detectors, Pelosi announces stiff fines.

“The fine for the first offense will be $5,000 and $10,000 for the second offense. The fines will be deducted directly from Members’ salaries by the Chief Administrative Officer”

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/13...463593475?s=21

reminder that the mayor of San Francisco and city supervisor Harvey Milk were assassinated in City Hall by a crazed colleague who avoided metal detectors—bc he was being replaced by someone who represented the “growing ethnic diversity” of his district and “could not take defeat”

https://twitter.com/misterjench/stat...019764227?s=21
    The fact that they can be fined pro athlete level fines is a huge problem
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 05:48 AM   #328444
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Kenosha vigilante shooter Kyle Rittenhouse posed with Proud Boys and flashed hand gestures associated with white supremacist movements. He was wearing a shirt that said "free as fuck" while hanging in a Wisconsin bar. Rittenhouse is 18 and was seen drinking underage.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...roud-boys-bar/

For the lawyer folks here - could any of this be used against him in trial and/or sentencing? He seems to show no remorse for his actions, is likely violating some terms of his bail, and is being held up as a hero/icon by the extremists on the right.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 05:50 AM   #328445
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    "Pro athlete level fines" of $5-$10K are basically nothing to them. To a House rep, that's 2%-5% of their annual salary.
    Old 01-14-2021, 05:50 AM   #328446
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    Fox News' Tucker Carlson said last night: "By impeaching the president during his final week in office, Congress will not succeed in discrediting Trump among Republican voters. In fact, it will enhance Donald Trump among Republican voters. Obviously!"

Correct, nothing will dissuade some of these folks to give up on Dear Leader
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 05:51 AM   #328447
    but1well
    love baby

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Why? Hit them where they hurt, their pocket or their voters. Rules are rules and politicians are not above them.
    This is literally the opposite of communism. Now, if they came out and cancelled all seats and said you are all to sit on the lawn, as peasant equals, you'd have an argument.
    but1well is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 05:55 AM   #328448
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    "Pro athlete level fines" of $5-$10K are basically nothing to them. To a House rep, that's 2%-5% of their annual salary.
    It's hurts them more for sure, but they make money in many other ways than their salary.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by but1well View Post
    Why? Hit them where they hurt, their pocket or their voters. Rules are rules and politicians are not above them.
    Agreed. It was a statement that there is too much money in the pockets of the politicians that such a fine can be paid.
    Old 01-14-2021, 05:58 AM   #328449
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Oof. Jobless claims from last week spiked significantly, and were well above forecast and prior week. This week's report, showing 965K Americans filing a first time claim, is the worst since August 2020. Forecasts had been for the claims to remain stable - at 789K vs prior week's 784K.

Just more evidence of the poor conditions in the labor market that Biden will be inheriting next week. This was all too easy to see coming as summer faded to fall and the Senate refused to act on numerous proposals and passed bills from the House, despite Mnuchin and Pelosi ironing out multiple deals that had bipartisan support. The stimulus deal passed a few weeks ago will take some time to aid the labor market, and until the current virus surge has passed, recovery will be difficult. In the interim, it is enormously important for the Biden admin to get additional aid passed within the first few weeks of the new administration. Q1 is at risk.
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:01 AM   #328450
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Kenosha vigilante shooter Kyle Rittenhouse posed with Proud Boys and flashed hand gestures associated with white supremacist movements. He was wearing a shirt that said "free as fuck" while hanging in a Wisconsin bar. Rittenhouse is 18 and was seen drinking underage.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...roud-boys-bar/

For the lawyer folks here - could any of this be used against him in trial and/or sentencing? He seems to show no remorse for his actions, is likely violating some terms of his bail, and is being held up as a hero/icon by the extremists on the right.
    Laws for thee and thine, not for me and mine!!

Surely him being in a bar (illegal activity) would be a revocation of his bail? Always assumed bail waa pretty similar to parole and breaking it would send you right back. Curious to know more from the experts here.
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:01 AM   #328451
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not fines! "Liberty gifts"
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:18 AM   #328452
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

This is only the beginning of the civil war in the Republican Party. Once Biden becomes President, the Democrats needs to focus on things that will make people's lives better (higher minimum wage) & safeguards to help Democracy (new voters right act) & just let the Republicans have at it. Trump's side will continue to leak support, but they will be more passionate - non Republicans should just enjoy the show.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:18 AM   #328453
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post
    Laws for thee and thine, not for me and mine!!

Surely him being in a bar (illegal activity) would be a revocation of his bail? Always assumed bail waa pretty similar to parole and breaking it would send you right back. Curious to know more from the experts here.
    Apparently you can drink in a bar underage in Wisconsin if you are with a parent.

His bond conditions must have been super lenient because they are now looking to change the conditions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...s-2021-1%3famp

Shit when I was on probation if I was seen at a bar I was going to jail. This fuckers accused of murder.
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:19 AM   #328454
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    This is only the beginning of the civil war in the Republican Party. Once Biden becomes President, the Democrats needs to focus on things that will make people's lives better (higher minimum wage) & safeguards to help Democracy (new voters right act) & just let the Republicans have at it. Trump's side will continue to leak support, but they will be more passionate - non Republicans should just enjoy the show.
    They should also encourage the republican in-fighting, find ways to drive wedges etc.
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:22 AM   #328455
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Apparently you can drink in a bar underage in Wisconsin if you are with a parent.

That happens to be an awesome law.
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:28 AM   #328456
    sbuzzz
    Hey Suri

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

His bond conditions must have been super lenient because they are now looking to change the conditions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...s-2021-1%3famp

Shit when I was on probation if I was seen at a bar I was going to jail. This fuckers accused of murder.
    Yes, you can be in and drink in a bar if you’re with a parent in WI.

And not to defend that piece of shit, but he’s not on probation yet. He’s accused, not convicted.
    sbuzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:28 AM   #328457
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    That happens to be an awesome law.
    Very common occurrence in Wisconsin, but it is up to the establishment. Sometimes very annoying parents want to flout this law, but an establishment in no way has to allow a child in if they do not want to.

Love seeing parents tossed out by security with their teenagers in Wisconsin who refuse to leave. Usually a fun scene.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:37 AM   #328458
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Would you take a Senate conviction and permanent disqualification of Trump, in exchange for Biden pardoning Trump in an attempt to move the country forward?

Note that a Presidential pardon would only absolve Trump from federal crimes, and not from the numerous state-level crimes that are currently being investigated.
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:37 AM   #328459
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Hope we get some more #untiy today, like threatening to impeach Biden the first day he is in office because "Democrat Party".

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:39 AM   #328460
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Would you take a Senate conviction and permanent disqualification of Trump, in exchange for Biden pardoning Trump in an attempt to move the country forward?

Note that a Presidential pardon would only absolve Trump from federal crimes, and not from the numerous state-level crimes that are currently being investigated.
    Seems like a win win and a great way for dems to try to calm Y'all-Qaeda down a bit.
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:45 AM   #328461
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

note that a "permanent disqualification" followed immediately by a pardon is....an extremely temporary disqualification
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:48 AM   #328462
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    note that a "permanent disqualification" followed immediately by a pardon is....an extremely temporary disqualification
    You sure about that, clark?

And you're really lawyering baboons hypothetical where obviously the exchange is pardon for permanent disqualification. No need to get into the weeds.

Last edited by cazzie34; 01-14-2021 at 06:49 AM.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:48 AM   #328463
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    A federal pardon wouldn’t undo a Senate conviction or undo his disqualification from running for office, though, from everything I can see & understand.
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:50 AM   #328464
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Giving Trump a pardon would be disgusting on par with pardoning the Blackwater guards to me
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:52 AM   #328465
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

No pardons by Biden towards Trump. Non starter for me.
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:54 AM   #328466
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    Giving Trump a pardon would be disgusting on par with pardoning the Blackwater guards to me
    In a vacuum, I’m with you.

On the other hand, a permanent ban from ever holding office again is a must. And if the only way to get there is a pardon...I dunno, I’m torn.

I think some folks are discounting the reality that Trump could run in 2024 and very realistically win again. That would be disastrous for the country.
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:54 AM   #328467
    MOWJO8185

My Tour Central Stats

I get the argument, but I think Trump going to jail for federal charges does a lot more to set an example and work toward removing some of this rot than him just not being able to run for office again would.

Pardoning him sends exactly the wrong message.

Last edited by MOWJO8185; 01-14-2021 at 06:56 AM.
    MOWJO8185 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:57 AM   #328468
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I'd be down with that as long as the pardon doesnt undo the disqual which I don't believe it would.
    MDPrompter is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 06:58 AM   #328469
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Hold on, Trump would have to sign an agreement saying he would no longer participate in politics at all...no rallies, etc. Is that possible/legal? To give a pardon with conditions?
    MDPrompter is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 07:04 AM   #328470
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Can you imagine if we had 4 more years?
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote