**Official Camden 2022** - Page 11 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-20-2022, 02:33 PM   #301
musicmaster1298

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Camden 2022**

Hi all, it’s 41 Step from about a decade and a half ago, on a backup account. Was at night 2 and just wanted to share my thoughts on it. I haven’t been following the band all that closely and have only been to 2 shows in the past 4 years, so I don’t know the ins and outs of the band as much as before, but I was really impressed by how well the band was gelling. Buddy has really taken the band to another level with his organ stylings, and even Jeff sounds better than he did in his first several years in the band. This was easily the best of the 10 or so post-Roi shows I have seen in my opinion. Lying in the Hands of God was easily the highlight for me and had a lot of emotion and power to it. Bayou was performed exceptionally well, with Buddy’s organ solo flying heights. Also noteworthy for me was You and Me, which had a lot of personal meaning to me as I am moving away from my longtime depression and into a much happier life due to some techniques I have discovered that have been working miraculously well, and the song lifted me up in a very positive way that I have not felt for a long time. Overall, I was very pleased with what I saw. This was the only show I am able to make it to this tour, but it was definitely worthwhile.
musicmaster1298 is online now   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-20-2022, 05:27 PM   #302
    scola21

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Yo check it out, they’re playing Camden n2 right now in Bethel! �
    scola21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2022, 05:35 PM   #303
    scola21

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

This is spot on!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vacubsfan View Post
    I don't post a ton, but come here all the time and love reading the commentary and "back and forth" on various topics. As this is my home venue and 1st 2-night stand I've done since 2019, I figured I'd weigh in with my thoughts (and especially considering how much chatter this seemed to create. For the record, I was in section 101 on N1 and 100 in N2.

N1 -

LOVED the Fool to Think opener. Crowd definitely loved it (probably because it was any opener and people were pumped and ready to party.
    The REAL reaction was when BEF > Bartender happened. Absolute madness in/near our section.
    Sam Cap is a -1 for me (one of only 2 on the night) and the crowd did calm down significantly for this one
    The triplets (yes, they are played a good bit) brought the crowd back and I love them. They are wonderful live.
    Sweet is nice...love the new outro jam that they introduced in 2021
    Rooftop...got a really nice reaction. Not a major song in the catalog, but peppy coming off of that jam
    Seek Up...we got a really long intro because Dave noticed some activity in the section next to ours (woman likely passed out and her friends were trying to get help). Mad respect for Dave to notice and really look like he cared and was not going to transition the song until things were calm. That said, those of us not directly impacted had a great time on this one. One of my Top 10's and they really sound good playing it.
    WTWE and WATM were solid. I like but don't love both, but they were perfect coming off of Seek Up
    PNP/Rapunzel...great song live. Crowd was very much into it. Also one of my personal favs (yes, I have a dirty mind...LOL).
    Grace also was a great choice after Rapunzel...well played and well received
    YMDT slaps...i never go to a show looking for this one (or most BWGGK songs) but it is a great live song. Tons of energy from Band and Crowd.
    COCO...I like this song. One of my personal favorites off of CT (ViTR and B&BB others). I agree with many who have remarked that the 2022 version is sounding much better. Not the best song live, but good flow choice coming off of YMDT.
    What You Are was a terrific surprise. I usually try to guess what is coming and actually got this one before he played the 1st note.
    Everyday...not my personal favorite. But Buddy deserved a song to shine on as the focal point and the crowd was way into it.
    DDTW...Good closer for me.
    Sister (my other -1)
    Ants...Classic DMB. Can't complain about that as a show closer.

All in N1 ranks as a +12 for me (admit I am likely on the high end of raters). Beyond the songs, the flow was perfect. Energy, instrument highlights, it really felt like a super well crafted set list. One of my personal favorites.

N2 -
    Fool in the Rain...I love Led Zeppelin. I think this is a cool cover. I don't hate all covers. Not my 1st choice to open a show, though. It was OK.
    Warehouse...will take anywhere in a set just about anytime (was hoping for a segue into Nancies...but alas)
    MME...I like it most of all new songs. No complaints but not as great energy as I might have expected from the crowd (WATM got more reaction)
    TGIY...don't like here, there or anywhere. Killed the vibe that was already on life line due to a new song being played
    #41...my personal all-time favorite song. Although I don't think they're playing it anywhere near to where I liked it best (sax solo in the rotation, please?!)
    DYR....-1 for me. Just not a fan. Whatever we might have been building from #41, we lost
    LLD....awesome song. Love chilling to it. Maybe not best placement for it in the set list.
    Bayou....I don't hate it like many. Was thankful for it from an energy standpoint. We desperately needed a higher energy song. I'm sure most of you (like me) had 5-10 better ones in mind
    Raven...was awesome to get this TD. was hoping it might begin a run on Busted Stuff. Alas....
    LITHOG...I don't mind this song, although, in this current version it is too long for the low energy it is
    SDL...putting these 2 next to each other was a sin to me. 20 minutes on meandering solo songs w/ relatively low energy. Was at least happy for the crowd that enjoys the Thank You outro
    ODH...we needed a banger here. This is OK at best and also the wrong choice in this slot
    Stay or Leave....one of my favorites from Some Devil....wasted on now a run approaching 30ish minutes on low energy songs
    KTP < WIA....finally...some energy! I don't love this song musically but it was needed in this space and also appreciate what it means to the Band re: Leroi
    Say Goodbye....terrific song. Love it. Wished it was in a different set w/ more balance versus this one
    Grey Street...loudest crowd was since Warehouse. Great song I'll take at just about any show and definitely needed.
    Y&M...my wife of 28 years and I love this song for the words. definitely overplayed, but I can't complain since it has a special personal meaning.
    Two Step...can be a set closer for me any day. Great 3 out 4 for song run here.
    Rye < Watchtower...meh. I don't love AATW as much as many. I don't care about the cover part. I just don't LOVE it. It's OK.

Some great songs in this N2 set (Warehouse, #41, Say Bye, LLD, Grey St, Two Step) that I'd take at tons of shows.

N2 was a +5 for me. One of my lower shows that I've rated at one time and happened to be in the crowd for it as well. My biggest complaint was flow...If we took all of these songs between N1 and N2 you could do better with the flow without getting any better songs. Talked to many of you here and other fans and there was definitely a noticeable drop off in enjoyment across the board. It happens. I will still go to my next show (hopefully Fall tour) and listen to every Friday night show on Sirius. I'm not mad (not even a little) just wasn't my favorite. And I'll always have what N1 was...terrific energy, well played songs and a great flow. I'll chase nights like that as long as DMB keeps performing and lets me.

Hope this wasn't too long. Enjoy!
    scola21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2022, 05:37 PM   #304
    culpn8r
    Standing Here

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I can't believe I missed DT by one fucking show... again...
    They would need Jimi Hendrix to guest on Watchtower as the encore closer to make up for this.
    culpn8r is offline   Reply With Quote