DMB Singles - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #1
jffagan

Shows Seen: 86

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

DMB Singles

Looking for some advice.

Recently I acquired the Crash single and to my surprise there were some great verisions of Ants (Live), So Much to Say (acoustic), and Crash (acoustic). This led me to research how many singles had cool little extras and of course tons of them do. My question is which of these singles are worth tracking down? I love Typical Situation and of course the only version I saw available was for 1000.00 on ebay and others have crazy price tags.

Thanks for reading and any advice you may have.

John
jffagan is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Singles

Well, as a vinyl guy, the Too Much 7" single is a crazy rare piece and contains a really nice Jimi Thing with What Will Become of Me. It can fetch anywhere from $200-$500 though.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2019, 04:02 PM   #3
    Carson31

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Singles

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jffagan View Post
    Looking for some advice.

Recently I acquired the Crash single and to my surprise there were some great verisions of Ants (Live), So Much to Say (acoustic), and Crash (acoustic). This led me to research how many singles had cool little extras and of course tons of them do. My question is which of these singles are worth tracking down? I love Typical Situation and of course the only version I saw available was for 1000.00 on ebay and others have crazy price tags.

Thanks for reading and any advice you may have.

John
    Bias opinion because I collect them all. I prioritize unique or unreleased content. Typical Situation is the most expensive of the traditional singles but $1,000 is nonsense, and in water damaged condition it's worth maybe $150-$200. It could reasonably cost $400-$500 in mint/near mint condition.

Singles like Ants, Crash, Crush, Space Between, Two Step, So Much To Say, Too Much, and What Would You Say are all fairly easy to find and usually reasonably priced. Each has nice art and something unique, those are a good place to start since you already have Crash.

There are usually US, UK/EU, and Australian versions of each single. Price is based on demand, hype, content and rarity. Typical Situation, Recently, Jimi Thing, Billies, Rapunzel, Smooth Rider, Everybody Wake Up, Grace Is Gone, If Only, You & Me, and When The World Ends are generally the hardest to find. Many of the others are pretty common. But there are a bunch of variants that are rare for whatever reason, and a bunch more that are unique for one reason or another.

I'm not sure I really answered your question so I'll add that I think any CDs/Cassettes with unreleased content are worth tracking down. For you, you may decide that you like all the singles with nice art, or all the singles with remixes, live cuts, radio edits etc. If you liked Crash you will probably like most of the others.

Good luck
    Carson31 is offline   Reply With Quote