The NHL Thread - Page 2387 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 11-28-2022, 09:46 AM   #71581
aeroshady
Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
C mon Greg. A little early here. Yeah. They kinda stink right now. But still. There's 60 games left and they're right there with all the other mediocre teams. A few teams are starting to separate, but they aren't in danger of missing the playoffs yet. And I know some of this is just being a fatalistic fan. I get it.

Wake me when your team has had their THIRD 10 game losing streak (and 5th of 6 or more games) since last November. We are so bad.
Hockey response:

I think the difference is the expectations coming into the season. Flyers were expected to be bad, maybe slightly better with a shot at a WC if things really went well.

The NY Rangers were expected to be a cup contender, with my favorite hockey analyst (The Hockey Guy) even having them as his pick to win the east.

I understand teams sometimes don't meet expectations, but what the Rangers have done this season is a massive implosion on those expectations. They are really horrible and it just hurts to watch.

Personal response:

Absolutely fatalistic of me. That said: Most on this forum are also aware of my unhealthy relationship with the Rangers. I have done some work on that this last year and since that last post a few days ago have reprioritized my thoughts again to put hockey and the Rangers back in the perspective that it really doesn't matter. This is just a game that doesn't really matter at all in the end. It has been a long battle for me to remember this is just entertainment that has no impact on life. I realized backreading I was falling into those bitter posts again the last few weeks.
Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
aeroshady is online now   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-28-2022, 03:25 PM   #71582
    kev87lads
    HipHah

Shows Seen: 79

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
    Hockey response:

I think the difference is the expectations coming into the season. Flyers were expected to be bad, maybe slightly better with a shot at a WC if things really went well.

The NY Rangers were expected to be a cup contender, with my favorite hockey analyst (The Hockey Guy) even having them as his pick to win the east.

I understand teams sometimes don't meet expectations, but what the Rangers have done this season is a massive implosion on those expectations. They are really horrible and it just hurts to watch.

Personal response:

Absolutely fatalistic of me. That said: Most on this forum are also aware of my unhealthy relationship with the Rangers. I have done some work on that this last year and since that last post a few days ago have reprioritized my thoughts again to put hockey and the Rangers back in the perspective that it really doesn't matter. This is just a game that doesn't really matter at all in the end. It has been a long battle for me to remember this is just entertainment that has no impact on life. I realized backreading I was falling into those bitter posts again the last few weeks.

Gotcha. All good. You're a good dude. And I don't post that often, obviously. But I think you know I wasn't coming after you in a negative way.

Again, I'll still stand by the point that yes according to expectations, they have failed so far. But. They are right there with 60 games to go. 60! If you said this with 40 games to go, I'd be on board a little more. Get through the new year and reassess.

Like your personal response. Good on ya.
    Kev the real MVP here.
    Feeliní fine after seventy-nine
    kev87lads is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-29-2022, 11:21 AM   #71583
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post

Gotcha. All good. You're a good dude. And I don't post that often, obviously. But I think you know I wasn't coming after you in a negative way.

Again, I'll still stand by the point that yes according to expectations, they have failed so far. But. They are right there with 60 games to go. 60! If you said this with 40 games to go, I'd be on board a little more. Get through the new year and reassess.

Like your personal response. Good on ya.
    Appreciate it! I have always enjoyed posting with you, and in this forum in general. It is one of the only places I have ever really felt comfortable sharing some of that stuff.

I was able to watch last night's game with a little more grounding and not be so upset with it. Rough patch for the Rangers and not sure how they fix it. I do take some relief in knowing it isn't my problem to figure out though.

Watching last night's game reminded me of skiing with one of my best friends last year who had never been skiing before. For 10 years she has been one of my closest friends and throughout our friendship I was the one that had to deal with her when she got upset or had a "meltdown" over something. However, she got married last year and when we were all skiing she got scared and went full melt about being rushed too quickly to go down a blue trail. I thought "ugh, here we go, how am I going to calm her down and fix this." Then I realized something great: she is married and this isn't my problem, it is his now! I got back on the lift and enjoyed the rest of the day while he dealt with it. Such a relief!

Point being, I am starting to realize the Rangers are not my problem to fix or stress about haha.
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-29-2022, 10:34 PM   #71584
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

Canes refuse to win in regulation
    Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM   #71585
    donvito72

Shows Seen: 58

Kris Letang had another stroke. Out indefinitely.
    donvito72 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM   #71586
    drakan
    Drums!

Location: I hear you still talk to me. As if you're sitting in that dusty chair

Shows Seen: 0

Did he just get hit the other night?
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #71587
    drakan
    Drums!

Location: I hear you still talk to me. As if you're sitting in that dusty chair

Shows Seen: 0

Rangers desperately need a win so they start their winless back-up goalie. And win!
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
    #brohan1519