The Gorge Q&A and FAQs - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
ExistenceNow
AM.org Moderator
 
ExistenceNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 68,411

Shows Seen: 100

The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

While the fine people of the Gorge thread are more than happy to answer your questions in that thread, it can be intimidating to throw a question in there, or to backread through pages of chatter to find your answer.

So this thread is for questions you first timers may have.

To get you started, the fine people of the Gorge thread, you may remember them from my previous paragraph, put together this handy FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LuU2SQWvC7Jjgk

And back when some of those fine people were probably still in diapers, the fine people of Toupstown put together a whole friggin website to answer your Gorge questions:

http://toupstown.com/gorge.html



If, after reading through all that, you still don't have the answer to the question that is giving you anxiety about making your pilgrimage to the Gorge, ask in here.

This thread is for questions, and answers, only. No chatting. Don't make me get the hose.
__________________
-Matthew
ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-09-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
    gocubsgo3822
    #freerickyh24&nicky
     
    gocubsgo3822's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Ruh roh
    Posts: 68,162

    Shows Seen: 125
    Send a message via AIM to gocubsgo3822 Send a message via Skype™ to gocubsgo3822

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Which airport should i fly into?
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    "The news was broke by 'dmbmuskie' on a 90's college band message board" - CBS Sports
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    wow that was a classic ricky deflection
    gocubsgo3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2015, 11:24 AM   #3
    BigEyed_Fish54
     
    BigEyed_Fish54's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Chicago,IL
    Posts: 1,655

    Shows Seen: 88

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    Which airport should i fly into?
    SeaTac is where I always fly in to
    __________________
    **Toupstown** 2016- Moline, Cincinnati, Cuyahoga Falls, Alpine x2, Berkely x2, Gorge x3
    BigEyed_Fish54 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #4
    madpiker
     
    madpiker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Dallas, Texas
    Posts: 11,909

    Shows Seen: 80

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Good call matthew.
    __________________
    ~Ryan
    2016 - Charlottesville, Texas Two-Step, Alpine x2, Deer Creek x2, Gorge x3
    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #5
    russvodder
    Surfing for Aliens
     
    russvodder's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Right Here
    Posts: 12,277

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Great idea Matthew. Keep the Gorge Love.
    __________________
    Russ
    2016 - Phish Gorge, Gorge - DMB Gorge, Gorge, Gorge

    Gorge FAQ
    --- Gorge Flag Roster
    russvodder is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #6
    G8RDave
     
    G8RDave's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Location: Vero Beach
    Posts: 150

    Shows Seen: 58

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    Which airport should i fly into?
    We use Spokane as much as Seattle and fly exclusively on Southwest. If you are just flying in and out without sightseeing added on, it is super easy. It's slightly closer and a smaller airport with easy access right off HWY 90. Flights are more expensive with fewer direct flights, but no security wait, no labor day traffic going East and cheap rental cars.
    __________________
    "You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in Pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course."
    G8RDave is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2015, 02:05 PM   #7
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Tampa Bay
    Posts: 24,830

    Shows Seen: 151
    Send a message via AIM to UCFish

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    Which airport should i fly into?
    __________________
    Nacho Boy
    151 shows and counting
    WhT campaigner. In memory of shiny tape and misappropriated funds
    UCFish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #8
    Chrisdar1
     
    Chrisdar1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 260

    Shows Seen: 59

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    As a soon to be first timer to the Gorge, thanks for starting this thread. Looking forward to getting everybody's tips and advice!
    __________________
    - Chris
    Chrisdar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #9
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.
     
    ajc_1988's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Pensacola, FL.
    Posts: 53,831

    Shows Seen: 138

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    what time do the lots open?
    ajc_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #10
    Chrisdar1
     
    Chrisdar1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 260

    Shows Seen: 59

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    RV's... Are they worth it or not? Here my understanding: RVs: add another $1500-$2000 onto the price of the trip, can park at both Gorge and Wildhorse (gorge no hookups, WH just electrical hookups), have to dump them on your own, and most can't be returned until Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday...

    Where do the RVs get parked at gorge campground (are there RV spots in each level? Premier and Terrace too?). I'll be traveling with my wife and some friends who are nervous about tent camping - I know, I know....)...

    Secondly - rate the bathroom/shower experience at gorge (Premier/Terrace) versus Wildhorse....
    Any help is greatly appreciated.....

    Thanks!
    Chris
    __________________
    - Chris
    Chrisdar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #11
    jenzzjetII
    JAYSWFT
     
    jenzzjetII's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: SL,UT
    Posts: 15,361

    Shows Seen: 88

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 View Post
    RV's... Are they worth it or not? Here my understanding: RVs: add another $1500-$2000 onto the price of the trip, can park at both Gorge and Wildhorse (gorge no hookups, WH just electrical hookups), have to dump them on your own, and most can't be returned until Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday...

    Where do the RVs get parked at gorge campground (are there RV spots in each level? Premier and Terrace too?). I'll be traveling with my wife and some friends who are nervous about tent camping - I know, I know....)...

    Secondly - rate the bathroom/shower experience at gorge (Premier/Terrace) versus Wildhorse....
    Any help is greatly appreciated.....

    Thanks!
    Chris
    At the venue campground the RVs get parked along side cars there are no specific RV designated areas. At wildhorse the RV spots are closer to the front of the campground, but again mixed in with all of the other campers.

    I used to rent an RV, but the amount of time that was spent actually using it was so little that it wasn't worth it to me and my group.

    The outdoor showers at wildhorse are awesome. Both the showers and honey buckets are kept incredibly clean. The honey buckets are cleaned at least twice a day.
    __________________
    2016 Greek Gorge

    Gorge FAQ
    jenzzjetII is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #12
    jordanbball17
    9 Years of Gorge Bliss
     
    jordanbball17's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: Seattle
    Posts: 7,241

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenzzjetII View Post
    At the venue campground the RVs get parked along side cars there are no specific RV designated areas. At wildhorse the RV spots are closer to the front of the campground, but again mixed in with all of the other campers.

    I used to rent an RV, but the amount of time that was spent actually using it was so little that it wasn't worth it to me and my group.

    The outdoor showers at wildhorse are awesome. Both the showers and honey buckets are kept incredibly clean. The honey buckets are cleaned at least twice a day.
    This is seriously worth the price right here. I've never seen one of the Honey Buckets get gross at WH. The open-air showers are one of my favorite parts of the weekend (looking up at blue sky and puffy clouds in a warm shower is amazing).
    __________________
    Kendall
    Instagram
    jordanbball17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #13
    gocubsgo3822
    #freerickyh24&nicky
     
    gocubsgo3822's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Ruh roh
    Posts: 68,162

    Shows Seen: 125
    Send a message via AIM to gocubsgo3822 Send a message via Skype™ to gocubsgo3822

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 View Post
    RV's... Are they worth it or not? Here my understanding: RVs: add another $1500-$2000 onto the price of the trip, can park at both Gorge and Wildhorse (gorge no hookups, WH just electrical hookups), have to dump them on your own, and most can't be returned until Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday...

    Where do the RVs get parked at gorge campground (are there RV spots in each level? Premier and Terrace too?). I'll be traveling with my wife and some friends who are nervous about tent camping - I know, I know....)...

    Secondly - rate the bathroom/shower experience at gorge (Premier/Terrace) versus Wildhorse....
    Any help is greatly appreciated.....

    Thanks!
    Chris
    i have a condo so they are fantastic.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    "The news was broke by 'dmbmuskie' on a 90's college band message board" - CBS Sports
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    wow that was a classic ricky deflection
    gocubsgo3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #14
    jenzzjetII
    JAYSWFT
     
    jenzzjetII's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: SL,UT
    Posts: 15,361

    Shows Seen: 88

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jordanbball17 View Post
    This is seriously worth the price right here. I've never seen one of the Honey Buckets get gross at WH. The open-air showers are one of my favorite parts of the weekend (looking up at blue sky and puffy clouds in a warm shower is amazing).
    Or even a post show late night shower!
    __________________
    2016 Greek Gorge

    Gorge FAQ
    jenzzjetII is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 02:07 PM   #15
    iLikedmb12
    We'll be burning one...
     
    iLikedmb12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: San Diego, CA
    Posts: 2,386

    Shows Seen: 44
    Send a message via Yahoo to iLikedmb12

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 View Post
    RV's... Are they worth it or not? Here my understanding: RVs: add another $1500-$2000 onto the price of the trip, can park at both Gorge and Wildhorse (gorge no hookups, WH just electrical hookups), have to dump them on your own, and most can't be returned until Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday...

    Where do the RVs get parked at gorge campground (are there RV spots in each level? Premier and Terrace too?). I'll be traveling with my wife and some friends who are nervous about tent camping - I know, I know....)...

    Secondly - rate the bathroom/shower experience at gorge (Premier/Terrace) versus Wildhorse....
    Any help is greatly appreciated.....

    Thanks!
    Chris
    I've done both WH & premier. Wildhorse is better BUT the showers in premier weren't bad at all. The honeybuckets on the other hand...
    __________________
    Becky
    2016: Chula & Gorge





    iLikedmb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #16
    Chrisdar1
     
    Chrisdar1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 260

    Shows Seen: 59

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLikedmb12 View Post
    I've done both WH & premier. Wildhorse is better BUT the showers in premier weren't bad at all. The honeybuckets on the other hand...
    So is this quote from the Gorge FAQ true? Tell me about the flushable toilets... Are they real or just a myth???

    "Additionally, if you camp in Premier or Terrace you have access to real life flushable toilets just like you use at home."
    __________________
    - Chris
    Chrisdar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #17
    russvodder
    Surfing for Aliens
     
    russvodder's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Right Here
    Posts: 12,277

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 View Post
    So is this quote from the Gorge FAQ true? Tell me about the flushable toilets... Are they real or just a myth???

    "Additionally, if you camp in Premier or Terrace you have access to real life flushable toilets just like you use at home."
    This is correct. There are flush-able toilets in Premier and Terrace campgrounds. The ones in Premier are up near the general store and not spread through the whole area, though.
    __________________
    Russ
    2016 - Phish Gorge, Gorge - DMB Gorge, Gorge, Gorge

    Gorge FAQ
    --- Gorge Flag Roster
    russvodder is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #18
    iLikedmb12
    We'll be burning one...
     
    iLikedmb12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: San Diego, CA
    Posts: 2,386

    Shows Seen: 44
    Send a message via Yahoo to iLikedmb12

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by russvodder View Post
    This is correct. There are flush-able toilets in Premier and Terrace campgrounds. The ones in Premier are up near the general store and not spread through the whole area, though.

    What Russ said. So it's easier to just use the honeybuckets.
    __________________
    Becky
    2016: Chula & Gorge





    iLikedmb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 09:59 PM   #19
    Chrisdar1
     
    Chrisdar1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 260

    Shows Seen: 59

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful...
    __________________
    - Chris
    Chrisdar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #20
    jenzzjetII
    JAYSWFT
     
    jenzzjetII's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: SL,UT
    Posts: 15,361

    Shows Seen: 88

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful...
    If you get a chance drop in to the other Gorge thread. Yes there is a lot of chatter, but it's a great way to get to know others that will be in attendance. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've made some great friends in that thread that have translated in to real life.
    __________________
    2016 Greek Gorge

    Gorge FAQ
    jenzzjetII is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2015, 10:28 PM   #21
    Chrisdar1
     
    Chrisdar1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 260

    Shows Seen: 59

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenzzjetII View Post
    If you get a chance drop in to the other Gorge thread. Yes there is a lot of chatter, but it's a great way to get to know others that will be in attendance. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've made some great friends in that thread that have translated in to real life.
    Will do... Really looking forward to our first trip out there this year!
    __________________
    - Chris
    Chrisdar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2015, 07:48 PM   #22
    Halloween1031
     
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Posts: 59

    Shows Seen: 38

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    I was planning on camping in premier for the shows this year. I can't seem to find any information on the amount of tents allowed on a camp site. Is it a strict 1 tent limit even for small 1 person tents? Or is it as many as fit comfortably on the site? Any help is appreciated thank you!
    Halloween1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #23
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 68,411

    Shows Seen: 100

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Halloween1031 View Post
    I was planning on camping in premier for the shows this year. I can't seem to find any information on the amount of tents allowed on a camp site. Is it a strict 1 tent limit even for small 1 person tents? Or is it as many as fit comfortably on the site? Any help is appreciated thank you!
    You can put as many tents as will fit in your area. We had three in our spot last year.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2015, 08:01 PM   #24
    iLikedmb12
    We'll be burning one...
     
    iLikedmb12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: San Diego, CA
    Posts: 2,386

    Shows Seen: 44
    Send a message via Yahoo to iLikedmb12

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Halloween1031 View Post
    I was planning on camping in premier for the shows this year. I can't seem to find any information on the amount of tents allowed on a camp site. Is it a strict 1 tent limit even for small 1 person tents? Or is it as many as fit comfortably on the site? Any help is appreciated thank you!
    You don't really have a site per se. They point you to an area and you park your car and start unloading. I suggest parking a little wider than they tell you so you have a little more space and stake your claim. As many tents as you can fit they will allow
    __________________
    Becky
    2016: Chula & Gorge





    iLikedmb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #25
    russvodder
    Surfing for Aliens
     
    russvodder's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Right Here
    Posts: 12,277

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Yep. No defined spots. You roll in. park and take as much space as you can before they park the next car.

    Or you roll in with a dozen vehicles in tow and take control. Also helps to be friendly with the parking staff. Don't be afraid to tip them (in some fashion or other). They work their asses off for us. Find the parking lead and treat them well.
    __________________
    Russ
    2016 - Phish Gorge, Gorge - DMB Gorge, Gorge, Gorge

    Gorge FAQ
    --- Gorge Flag Roster
    russvodder is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #26
    jenzzjetII
    JAYSWFT
     
    jenzzjetII's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: SL,UT
    Posts: 15,361

    Shows Seen: 88

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by russvodder View Post
    Yep. No defined spots. You roll in. park and take as much space as you can before they park the next car.

    Or you roll in with a dozen vehicles in tow and take control. Also helps to be friendly with the parking staff. Don't be afraid to tip them (in some fashion or other). They work their asses off for us. Find the parking lead and treat them well.
    Honestly that is true at any of the campgrounds... take care of the staff and they will take care of you.
    __________________
    2016 Greek Gorge

    Gorge FAQ
    jenzzjetII is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #27
    RiotAct
    Mathews Band
     
    RiotAct's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Location: Buffalo
    Posts: 26,878

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    Which airport should i fly into?
    Buffalo
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Pecknold View Post
    You have created the Pitchfork of DMB fan sites and it is horrible . I have learned about the band here, but mostly learned how, what, and why to hate certain songs and albums. That's one bad site in my opinion. Bad job on your project here. Needs improvement and coaching, empathy training, etc.
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2015, 10:41 PM   #28
    twostepr13
    Im a Sinner, Im a Saint
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Location: long Island
    Posts: 12

    Shows Seen: 57

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Can I request Premier camping thru warehouse? or do I have to wait for public sale?
    twostepr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2015, 10:46 PM   #29
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 68,411

    Shows Seen: 100

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepr13 View Post
    Can I request Premier camping thru warehouse? or do I have to wait for public sale?

    You can request it through Warehouse.



    I was declined last year for it though, so that is a potential issue.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #30
    russvodder
    Surfing for Aliens
     
    russvodder's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Right Here
    Posts: 12,277

    Shows Seen: 17

    The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepr13 View Post
    Can I request Premier camping thru warehouse? or do I have to wait for public sale?

    I have requested Premier Camping through Warehouse for the last four years. Only denied once. 2012. Found one at public sale.
    __________________
    Russ
    2016 - Phish Gorge, Gorge - DMB Gorge, Gorge, Gorge

    Gorge FAQ
    --- Gorge Flag Roster

    Last edited by russvodder; 01-14-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    russvodder is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter