timothk
Haiku Warrior

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Alpine N2 2013

Sixth DMB show, third time at AV.

Squirm

- Great way to start off the night, haven't heard it in a while. A welcome comeback.

One Sweet World

- So happy I finally got to hear this one live! OSW is just one of those songs you can't help but look around you and take in the scenery while listening to the music. The horns sounded solid and the lyrics just scream summer.

When the World Ends

- This was a total surprise; I actually like the Everyday album and I'm glad I got to add this to my "listened to" list.

Take Me to Tomorrow

- I bought the "The Music Is You" album and I absolutely love hearing Dave's version. This was a cover I don't mind hearing live. As he said, John Denver was a badass.

Rooftop

- Surprised this was the only AFTW song that was played N2, but if I'm glad it was this one. Love the extended outro too!

- Always a welcome addition to any setlist. The band was rockin' on this one...Jeff and Rashawn breathe new life into this song each time I hear it.

Gravedigger

- Not a particular favorite of mine, but wasn't too bad. Haven't heard it since my first show I think.

Kill the Preacher

- I'll be interested to see if anything becomes of these little partial teases.

Why I Am

- Tim shredded on WIA. The crowd seemed to love this one; Roi is very much missed but still loved!

Runnin' Down a Dream

- Eh...

Jimi Thing

- Admittedly I groaned when I heard the intro, but the jam made up for the fact that they had picked two long songs in the set.

Corn Bread

- Nope...

Tim & Stanley Jam

- This was really cool. At first I thought it was going to be a song of SJ's that they were going to play, but this little jam was a lot of fun to listen to live. I think it'd be cool to see Stanley guest on a D&T show.

Grace Is Gone

- GIG was really awesome with Stanley guesting. There's just something fantastic about his guitar playing.

Grey Street

- I could take or leave Grey Street on a setlist. I've heard it enough, but overall a good performance.

Recently

- Love this song

The Song That Jane Likes

- They could play this every time I see them live and I'd never get sick of it. One of my favorite DMB songs of all time.

You & Me

- Knew this one was coming as soon as Jane ended. All the frat guys and drunk girls started hugging it out. Clear idea of the demographic that came out to the show.

Stefan solo

- LYD and #34 teases were so cool. My theory is everyone in the band is gonna take a crack at a #34 tease this year.

All Along the Watchtower

- Never really get tired of hearing Watchtower!

Halloween

- Total shock. I was kicking myself for not going to N1 because I've been begging for it to get played. Can't begin to describe how happy I was to hear it live finally!

Encore:

Dreamgirl

- Happy to hear this was chosen instead of Sister. There's some solid songs off of Stand Up, and I've always had a soft spot for Dreamgirl.

Time Bomb

- Only ever heard the Time Bomb intro to Two Step, so to hear the whole song was awesome.

Two Step

- Can't think of a better way to end an Alpine show. The call and response thing with Dave and the crowd at the end was totally fun.

Overall performance: B+
Alpine Valley N1 & N2 '12
Alpine Valley N2 '13

Co-Host of DMB Marathon I & II
-The greatest twenty-four combined hours ever-
timothk is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
    GBpackitup12

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Alpine N2 2013

Great Review! They definitely need remove Gravedigger from the rotation and play more Say Goodbye. N2 gets a B from me.
    Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
    zaj128
    The King In The North

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Alpine N2 2013

This weekend were shows 31 and 32 for me and that final outro during Two Step was one of the coolest things I've seen. Easily best version I've personally seen live.

Twitter/IG:
    @Zaj128
    zaj128 is offline   Reply With Quote