DMB Catalog Playlist Project - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #1
rwrusso

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

DMB Catalog Playlist Project

This idea was inspired by the Green Habit compilation of Pearl Jam's material from years ago. That idea was every PJ song ever played live, in order of when it was first played live. At the time it filled 10 cd's and is pretty awesome to listen through. For DMB, I just wanted a playlist of favorite versions of songs they've played live, both their own material and covers.

For now, it's mainly just songs played by the full band, with a few D&T exceptions thrown in when necessary (or just DM for studio versions from Some Devil). I used Amazon Music, as that is where I have the most readily accessible live releases. While I've always enjoyed a nice taper pull, you can't upload to Amazon Music anymore. So I compromised in that aspect, and some of my picked versions aren't the consensus "best live version" (which is subjective anyway). All in all I feel there's not a weak example of any song on here.

Here's the link to a Google Sheet I've made, using the songs listed in Show Statistics in the Tour Central section here on antsmarching.org:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I've listed the live release album used (if applicable), the date of the live version used, and a notes column. Red cells are where I've chosen/had to use a studio version (until Amazon adds more Live Trax releases, or an official live release version comes out). Yellow cells are existing released versions that I don't have access to yet (more just as a reminder to myself to add those versions in when available).

A few songs have more than one version picked, as I either just liked them that much, or felt they exemplified a major difference in the song (different eras, guest musicians, etc.)

I've made this sheet viewable via the link above, and comments can be added.

Here's the Amazon Music playlist link:

https://music.amazon.com/user-playli...768-f431-75f3b

However, it said some songs can't be shared, so I'm not sure what exactly you'll get from this link. I'm guessing that because we have Amazon Music Unlimited, some content isn't available to people with that extra subscription.

So this was my not so little project over the past few weeks (been working from home and can listen through songs, quite nice). I hope some of you find it interesting/helpful/enjoyable. I figure something similar has probably already been done, but I didn't find anything searching the forum. I know I've seen a few different playlist threads (dream show, most intense songs, etc.). I just wanted something as comprehensive as possible that I can put on shuffle and hear as much of the catalog as has been officially released. As of today, it clocks in at 199 songs and 22 hours 58 minutes.

Cheers Ants!
rwrusso is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #2
    rwrusso

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Catalog Playlist Project

Quick update: the shared playlist has 170 of the 199 songs.
    Old 08-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #3
    rwrusso

My Tour Central Stats

Updated playlist link:

https://music.amazon.com/user-playli...5cb-8d6a-4ae14
    Old 08-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #4
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

i'll have to reference this. for a long time, i was working on something similar. my list was just studio and common live release songs, along with some common covers. i had 2 lists, one for live releases and then one for taper releases from shows i was at. i tried not to use the same performance on both lists unless i couldnt help it. never got around to finishing it because theres just so much music to go through.
    Old 08-10-2020, 01:23 PM   #5
    rwrusso

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    i'll have to reference this. for a long time, i was working on something similar. my list was just studio and common live release songs, along with some common covers. i had 2 lists, one for live releases and then one for taper releases from shows i was at. i tried not to use the same performance on both lists unless i couldnt help it. never got around to finishing it because theres just so much music to go through.
    Ironically, after finishing this project, I came across the threads of tour highlights, which have downloadable mp3's. Probably some nice options for top versions in there.

Tags
    catalog , playlist