***Official Jones Beach 2018*** - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #1
Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

***Official Jones Beach 2018***

As I've said in previous years, if I don't create this thread, I don't think anyone will lol.

July 17 this year. Here is a copy and paste of some info from last years thread:

Directions from NYC by train:

Take the LIRR from Penn station to Wantagh. There is a cab stand outside of the train station. Grab a cab to the theater. It should be fairly cheap. Its a very short drive. Uber is also on Long Island if you wish to go that route instead of a cab. You can also take the train to Freeport and take a cab from there.

Map of area: http://imgur.com/pbnZi39

Red depicts best methods to enter the main lot. There are two ways to get to the venue if you are coming from the west (which I suspect most of you are), and for those who aren't, it means you live on Long Island (coming from the east end) and you don't need to be told how to get in.

The first way in is to take the Wantagh Parkway south (the redline in the center of your screen running top to bottom). Eventually you will get to a roundabout with a large structure in the middle. You need to wrap around and head east on Ocean Parkway (to the right on the map). You will pass the lot on your left. You need to head down and make a U-turn, and head back west for a few seconds where you will be able to turn into the lot.

The second way in is if you end up taking Ocean Parkway from the west (you'd probably take the Meadowbrook parkway south and merge onto Ocean Parkway east, not depicted on the map). If you are coming in on Ocean Parkway, you simply continue heading east through the round about, then make the u-turn and head into to the lot.

Jones Beach labels their parking lots by field numbers. The two fields designated for parking for the shows are 5 and 4. I cannot stress enough that 5 will be where the tailgating will be. It will eventually fill up. Try and get into 5. 4 is where the few cars that cannot fit into 5 go, and not much goes on there.

The VIP lot is marked in purple on the map. There is a separate entrance for the VIP/Premier Parking. Parking in this area is completely unnecessary for this show, as traffic flows naturally and quickly after the show. One thing to note is that when coming down the parkway to the lot, you will see a ton of signs for venue parking. Just ignore them and take the routes I suggested above.

If you are trying to go to the beach during the day, park in either lot 4 or 5 and walk the blue lines on the map. There is a tunnel that will take you under ocean parkway and right to the beach. Concert parking is free, and you should be able to get onto the beach free if you park in the concert parking lots and follow the blue lines on the map. Note, what Long Island considers the beach is the ocean. The venue is in Zack's Bay. You cannot swim in Zack's Bay. If you want to swim go to the beach.

Also, there is a snack stand and real bathrooms available, but be prepared, lines are very long. I believe they also have some porta potties sprinkled throughout the lot as well.

UPDATE 2018: Last year they were charging for parking if you arrived a certain amount of time before the show (I do not recall how much time).

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-16-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
    slilly2321

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Jones Beach 2018***

They were charging for parking last year?? Thats lame...I know two years ago I showed up at like 1pm to hang out and tailgate but as long as I had a ticket I didn't get charged...seems like it changes all the time there
    slilly2321 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2018, 11:39 AM   #3
    mattyd
    take these chances

Shows Seen: 113

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

hey, first time going to DMB at jones beach. Just wondering for warehouse requesting,, for all those who requested reserved seating, what sections did you get? thank you!
    mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
    ryguy637
    Ryan

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I’ll be at this show
    ryguy637 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2018, 08:53 AM   #5
    slilly2321

My Tour Central Stats

So of all the years I've gone to Jones Beach this is the first time I'm going to be in the Pit...anyone have any pointers and know how early they let you in?
    Old 01-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #6
    dmband414

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by slilly2321 View Post
    So of all the years I've gone to Jones Beach this is the first time I'm going to be in the Pit...anyone have any pointers and know how early they let you in?
    will second this...anyone that can provide info? Very familiar with the venue but not familiar with the pit scene. What time do people start arriving, where is the WH line, are the lots open, etc?
    dmband414 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2018, 06:52 AM   #7
    slilly2321

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmband414 View Post
    will second this...anyone that can provide info? Very familiar with the venue but not familiar with the pit scene. What time do people start arriving, where is the WH line, are the lots open, etc?

I know the lots usually open pretty early...seems like it depends on the year if they want to charge for parking....I know last full band year there I was in the lot by 1pm hanging out and tailgating
    Old 01-31-2018, 07:16 AM   #8
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by slilly2321 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmband414 View Post
    The pit is really tiny. Probably one of the smallest on the tour. I don't love it because its always really tight in there. I would still take pit tickets over any other tickets though (except maybe the few rows immediately behind it).

Lots are pretty much always open, but timing of arrival will impact whether you have to pay for parking. In the past, they always let you in for free, but last year, they installed little booths at the entrance of the lots where you had to pay if you arrived a certain amount of time prior to showtime (the lots are also used for beach access which normally incurs a charge, so I guess they want to make sure people aren't just saying they are there for the show and then going to the beach).

I don't believe there are more than one or two actual entrances to the venue, so it shouldn't be too hard to find the WH early entrance line.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2018, 12:39 PM   #9
    DMBBeav

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

This will be my first time at the venue.

Inside baseball question about WH tickets...so I got $115 reserved (which was my first choice) and it doesn't say that I 'didn't get my first choice'...does this mean I have Orchestra seats?

I say this because if you don't get the level of tickets requested in other venues it tells you you didn't get your first choice. So shouldn't it be the same for the $115 reserved here (even though there are two levels of $115 reserved)?
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2018, 07:51 PM   #10
    Beekman47

Shows Seen: 102

My Tour Central Stats

The warehouse tickets are usually pretty weak at Jones Beach. I would expect to be in the mid-tier range. I was excited after being confirmed for the $115 reserved seats and then realized most seats other than the top tier are $115 which is ridiculous.
    Beekman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #11
    dixiechicken5
    Minds Will Wander

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Ticketmaster bent me over twice for orcchestra seats. Its so damn frustrating.
    dixiechicken5 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2018, 05:53 AM   #12
    Tom Brady
    48 and counting

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

whats it like to sit far up at jones beach?
    i mean view looks amazing
    Tom Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2018, 04:03 PM   #13
    dmband414

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tom Brady View Post
    whats it like to sit far up at jones beach?
    i mean view looks amazing
    Views of the water, especially on (formerly) Boyd’s side...12/10 best vista outside the gorge

View of the band, 4/10. But you can usually move down to stadium 2 (even number sections) without a hassle

Sound quality, depends on how windy...could be 2-3/10 depending
    Old 02-03-2018, 04:18 PM   #14
    dmband414

My Tour Central Stats

from before the orchestra and mezzanine were installed
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpeg 9D6D3939-E221-4BCB-9018-BC70B603EE9B.jpeg (36.3 KB, 45 views)
    Old 02-03-2018, 04:20 PM   #15
    dmband414

My Tour Central Stats

and nOw. No more moat for boat shows. But that view is still spectacular
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg 04E4A353-D920-43A8-A22B-1852D3381B0C.jpg (58.8 KB, 49 views)
    Old 02-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #16
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

I managed to pull Orchestra D for this show. Anyone else near by?
    Old 02-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #17
    salrx95

Shows Seen: 60

My Tour Central Stats

After Hartford, Jones Beach might be very well be the closest stop the band makes to us in the last 10 years but we have never been because it is usually a Tuesday or Wednesday before School ends and so we can't go. So with it being in July this summer and I happen to actually be on vacation that week, we are coming. Looking forward to a new venue.

I've heard getting out is an issue so I definitely will need to find out from this thread which I haven't read yet where exactly we should park to make it easiest.
    salrx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-12-2018, 07:27 AM   #18
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by salrx95 View Post
    After Hartford, Jones Beach might be very well be the closest stop the band makes to us in the last 10 years but we have never been because it is usually a Tuesday or Wednesday before School ends and so we can't go. So with it being in July this summer and I happen to actually be on vacation that week, we are coming. Looking forward to a new venue.

I've heard getting out is an issue so I definitely will need to find out from this thread which I haven't read yet where exactly we should park to make it easiest.
    I've had much worse exit situations (PNC in North Carolina was the worst)...SPAC isn't all that great either. If you park near one of the exits, you should be out in a few minutes.

Also, not sure where you live in Connecticut, but there is a car ferry that runs from Bridgeport CT to Port Jefferson NY on Long Island. Might be a quicker and easier trip, depending where you are at in CT.
    Old 02-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #19
    stay711

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Buses from NYC just $25 r/t with promo code DMB5: http://rallybus.net/dave-matthews-band-wantagh/#list. Need 25 on the bus, shouldn't be a problem, just spread the word.
    stay711 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #20
    salrx95

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    I've had much worse exit situations (PNC in North Carolina was the worst)...SPAC isn't all that great either. If you park near one of the exits, you should be out in a few minutes.

Also, not sure where you live in Connecticut, but there is a car ferry that runs from Bridgeport CT to Port Jefferson NY on Long Island. Might be a quicker and easier trip, depending where you are at in CT.
    Grew up in Queens and went to elementary and HS on LI. We live near Danbury so ferry not close but part of the reason my wife agreed to go was that I said we'd stay over. My stamina for driving late into the night after a long tailgate and show isn't what it once was so we booked a nice hotel for that night so we can have a nice day of it and hit somewhere nice for lunch before coming home.
    Old 02-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #21
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Grew up in Queens and went to elementary and HS on LI. We live near Danbury so ferry not close but part of the reason my wife agreed to go was that I said we'd stay over. My stamina for driving late into the night after a long tailgate and show isn't what it once was so we booked a nice hotel for that night so we can have a nice day of it and hit somewhere nice for lunch before coming home.

What hotel? Marriott?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 02-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #22
    salrx95

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What hotel? Marriott?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Viana Hotel & Spa in Westbury. We prefer to stay at independents or B&B if we can instead of a chain if just the 2 of us. It looked good and had some nice reviews.

We often stay at Comfort Inns with the kids so we build up points with their choice privilege program but there no Comfort Inn around and we won't stay at a Hotel low on their chain like an Econo Lodge . Ewww.
    Old 02-12-2018, 05:42 PM   #23
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The Viana Hotel & Spa in Westbury. We prefer to stay at independents or B&B if we can instead of a chain if just the 2 of us. It looked good and had some nice reviews.

We often stay at Comfort Inns with the kids so we build up points with their choice privilege program but there no Comfort Inn around and we won't stay at a Hotel low on their chain like an Econo Lodge . Ewww.
    Nice. Oddly, I've lived 10 min away from there for 20 years and I've never heard of it. Nice and close to the wantagh parkway also.
    Old 02-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #24
    Tom Brady
    48 and counting

Shows Seen: 49

My Tour Central Stats

quick question.

ive never been to jones beach and im thinking of trying it out... is this like mansfield where a week before the show ppl are selling half price tickets via warehouse and ants or should i get a ticket now????

i really dont care where i sit during this show
    Tom Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #25
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tom Brady View Post
    quick question.

ive never been to jones beach and im thinking of trying it out... is this like mansfield where a week before the show ppl are selling half price tickets via warehouse and ants or should i get a ticket now????

i really dont care where i sit during this show
    I don't know if I've ever seen them sold for half price or even less than face, but there will def be tickets being sold on the boards. I don't think you need to pull the trigger on any seats now unless you come across orchestra or pit seats, as they are pretty tough seats to get, and will not be readily available. Notwithstanding, it's fairly easy to find someone selling a pair in the other sections.
    Old 02-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #26
    chris041378

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I managed to pull Orchestra D for this show. Anyone else near by?
    Orch B Row F
    chris041378 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #27
    chris041378

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The VIP lot let's you right out onto the parkway
    chris041378 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #28
    pogoslis

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

was anyone else on the "DMB party bus" last year for D&T?

It was a total disaster... but a lot of fun too.. considering doing it again this year

pogoslis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #29
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pogoslis View Post
    was anyone else on the "DMB party bus" last year for D&T?

It was a total disaster... but a lot of fun too.. considering doing it again this year
    What happened?
    Old 02-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #30
    pogoslis

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What happened?
    driver got "lost" going both ways..... which is seemingly impossible using a GPS nowadays. We had to run into the warehouse opener. Then on the way home he made a wrong turn and took a 20 min detour... buddy almost missed the last train back to NJ.

As bad as it was, not having to worry about transportation / being able to drink on way there after work was a lot of fun, and definitely worth it IMO. I live in Brooklyn without a car so it worked well for me.

pogoslis is offline   Reply With Quote