How many shows are you doing in 2021? - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-25-2020, 06:13 AM   #31
ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: How many shows are you doing in 2021?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
I know we're not in a great spot right now, and it may be unliklely that we see a 40+ stop DMB summer tour, but I just have a hard time believing we won't see concerts in some form in summer 2021.

I understand the need for cancellations throughout 2020, but Live Nation is not just going to wave the white flag for a second year in a row.

It isn't their decision to make
ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-25-2020, 06:19 AM   #32
    FeelingGood
    Much better now....

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 View Post
    most likely zero, even if gifted with spac pits, unless they announce it's their last tour ever.
    Changed my mind...will take your SPAC pits.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Old 08-25-2020, 06:19 AM   #33
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Somewhere between 0 and 7. Planning on Camden, SPAC, and Gorge
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 06:24 AM   #34
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Zero and it has everything to do with the product and nothing to do with COVID. That said, I still think there's no concerts in 2021 either.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 07:06 AM   #35
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    It isn't their decision to make

You are telling me we are going to have NFL and college games with 20% capacity this fall but we won’t have concerts of any kind next summer? I just find that really hard to believe.
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 07:09 AM   #36
    coyn113
    Keep Pushin'

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

somewhere between 2-4 probably
    Old 08-25-2020, 07:11 AM   #37
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You are telling me we are going to have NFL and college games with 20% capacity this fall but we won’t have concerts of any kind next summer? I just find that really hard to believe.
    That's not what I'm telling you
    Old 08-25-2020, 07:13 AM   #38
    Whiteyxc514

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That's not what I'm telling you

Ok, then what are you telling me?
    Old 08-25-2020, 07:17 AM   #39
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ok, then what are you telling me?
    That it isn't their decision to make, LN isn't above the government, whether or not LN wants to waive a white flag for the second year in a row has nothing to do with anything. They would be having shows right now if they could, the reason there aren't any shows isn't because LN waived a white flag this year.
    Old 08-25-2020, 07:21 AM   #40
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Having NFL and college games this fall is probably going to be the reason we have no concerts in 2021. As much as I want to see the Chiefs on their defending champs tour of the 2021 NFL season, I know that getting this virus under control is more important than football and concerts.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 07:34 AM   #41
    Whiteyxc514

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That it isn't their decision to make, LN isn't above the government, whether or not LN wants to waive a white flag for the second year in a row has nothing to do with anything. They would be having shows right now if they could, the reason there aren't any shows isn't because LN waived a white flag this year.

Ok, right. I wasn’t meaning to suggest they waved the white flag this year, I know it was out of their control. I guess my point is, when summer 2020 things got canceled in March and April, it was at least partially because of how many unknowns there were about the virus at that point.

For summer 2021, I think time is still on their side to figure out safe ways to host concerts. Sure, it might be unlikely that we see SPAC or the Gorge at 100% capacity but I think things are going to have to be awfully dire for us to not see concerts in some form. Whether or not DMB is part of that remains to be seen.
    Old 08-25-2020, 07:41 AM   #42
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ok, right. I wasn’t meaning to suggest they waved the white flag this year, I know it was out of their control. I guess my point is, when summer 2020 things got canceled in March and April, it was at least partially because of how many unknowns there were about the virus at that point.

For summer 2021, I think time is still on their side to figure out safe ways to host concerts. Sure, it might be unlikely that we see SPAC or the Gorge at 100% capacity but I think things are going to have to be awfully dire for us to not see concerts in some form. Whether or not DMB is part of that remains to be seen.

811K deaths with no cure in sight seems awfully dire, I'll be ecstatic if concerts can happen and I miss playing gigs myself, we'll see
    Old 08-25-2020, 07:43 AM   #43
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

People actually think there will be Amphitheater concerts less than a year from now??? The answer for everyone in this thread is 0
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 07:46 AM   #44
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

SPAC and Mohegan are definite for me, so 4 as of now. I’ll likely add one or two more, probably in the Missouri area, as I have a friend that just moved there and I like trying new venues. I’ll weigh the Gorge as the year progresses. Decision will be easier if the Flecktones are still going to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 08:09 AM   #45
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 View Post
    People actually think there will be Amphitheater concerts less than a year from now??? The answer for everyone in this thread is 0
    Where does it say it has to be in an amp? There are already many types of drive in shows happening. We are 8 months away from when spring/summer shows start. A lot can happen in that time.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 08:58 AM   #46
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FeelingGood View Post
    Zero and I predict that a 2021 tour cancellation will tip the band to start considering retirement...it's the beginning of the end.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    We're definitely nearer the end of the band than the beginning

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 View Post
    most likely zero, even if gifted with spac pits, unless they announce it's their last tour ever.
    Yeah, I'll amend my "probably zero" to add this

I hope they try to go out with some big, blowout "this is our final show" event that everyone knows in advance is the end, like Phish tried to do with Coventry

I would more than likely try to go, especially if we're past all this COVID b.s.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 09:05 AM   #47
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Where does it say it has to be in an amp? There are already many types of drive in shows happening. We are 8 months away from when spring/summer shows start. A lot can happen in that time.

Research takes time. Asking scientists to create a proven effective, proven safe vaccine for a virus just discovered in 2019 is asking a lot. It would be momentous for vaccinology to deliver a vaccine before next summer.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 09:12 AM   #48
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    Research takes time. Asking scientists to create a proven effective, proven safe vaccine for a virus just discovered in 2019 is asking a lot. It would be momentous for vaccinology to deliver a vaccine before next summer.
    Why do we need a vaccine to have concerts? Serious question. The virus is benign for the vast majority. Reinfection, while I think technically possible, is extremely rare. We should have all the pre-covid luxuries back soon. It morphed from 15 days to slow the curve, to complete lockdown, to now we can't live our life until a vaccine? Why do the goal posts keep moving?

Vaccines are never 100% effective. While it's not the flu, it's very flu like. We have a flu vaccine yet millions get it each year without society stopping. There is no reason society can't be back to the old normal in 2021. If you (royal) don't want to partake in certain things that is fine but they shouldn't be removed from society completely until all sickness is eradicated from the earth.
    Old 08-25-2020, 09:46 AM   #49
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Why do we need a vaccine to have concerts? Serious question.
    Ever hear of herd immunity? We have had some Ants members who are MDs who have posted on how this virus is something to take dire, and they were largely ignored here on this website. Probably by people who have no STEM field degrees.

Quote:
    The virus is benign for the vast majority. Reinfection, while I think technically possible, is extremely rare. We should have all the pre-covid luxuries back soon. It morphed from 15 days to slow the curve, to complete lockdown,
    to now we can't live our life until a vaccine? Why do the goal posts keep moving?
    Since day 1, the goal was always to create an effective vaccine so herd immunity could help protect those who heavily susceptible to this, that has never moved.

Quote:
    Vaccines are never 100% effective. While it's not the flu, it's very flu like. We have a flu vaccine yet millions get it each year without society stopping. There is no reason society can't be back to the old normal in 2021. If you (royal) don't want to partake in certain things that is fine but they shouldn't be removed from society completely until all sickness is eradicated from the earth.
    Again, a large percentage of the time why vaccines don't work, is because some people can't respond to those antigens and create humoral/cellular-immediated immunity of their own. Vaccines are heavily scrutinized by the FDA to determine if that vaccine can do what the company who made it says it will do.
    Old 08-25-2020, 09:50 AM   #50
    DoDaFoo
    I'll do the same

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Definitely doing Gorge, may try to do Bend also.

2024 - D&T Mexico for my 100th show! + Pine Knob, SPAC, Gorge, and Bourbon & Beyond
    DoDaFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 09:57 AM   #51
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Herd immunity can also be achieved by people being exposed. We already know the actual number of cases is vastly larger than the "official count"

To your second point. The goal from day 1 was never creating an effective vaccine. It was 15 days to slow the spread. Anyone with half a brain can understand that the virus isn't going away anytime soon in America. We are well beyond that. Young, otherwise healthy, people should be living their lives and spreading this thing as much as they can in order to achieve herd immunity faster. Let the olds and the compromised stay sheltered. But the rest of us have to move on and live through it.

The economic, mental health, and other health conditions demand it. There will be hundreds of thousands if not millions of deaths world wide due to covid reactions. Far more than the actual virus. I'm sitting in an empty school right now doing office hours as my students work remotely because we had a dozen cases, not community spread, but picked up outside of school, and our superintendent shut it down for 2 weeks. Not one kid is remotely close to being truly sick. They need to be hear socializing, learning, eating. Humans can't beat microbes, we will continue getting sick as long as we exist. We can get through this by letting people we know aren't negatively impacted by this get it and get immunity faster.
    Old 08-25-2020, 10:04 AM   #52
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

So what happens when an FDA approved (albeit rushed) vaccine becomes available by, say, next March, and too many people refuse to get vaccinated? We are stupid Americans, after all.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 10:27 AM   #53
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Herd immunity can also be achieved by people being exposed. We already know the actual number of cases is vastly larger than the "official count"

To your second point. The goal from day 1 was never creating an effective vaccine. It was 15 days to slow the spread. Anyone with half a brain can understand that the virus isn't going away anytime soon in America. We are well beyond that. Young, otherwise healthy, people should be living their lives and spreading this thing as much as they can in order to achieve herd immunity faster. Let the olds and the compromised stay sheltered. But the rest of us have to move on and live through it.

The economic, mental health, and other health conditions demand it. There will be hundreds of thousands if not millions of deaths world wide due to covid reactions. Far more than the actual virus. I'm sitting in an empty school right now doing office hours as my students work remotely because we had a dozen cases, not community spread, but picked up outside of school, and our superintendent shut it down for 2 weeks. Not one kid is remotely close to being truly sick. They need to be hear socializing, learning, eating. Humans can't beat microbes, we will continue getting sick as long as we exist. We can get through this by letting people we know aren't negatively impacted by this get it and get immunity faster.
    I think the herd immunity approach makes more sense once we have a vaccine
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 10:31 AM   #54
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
    So what happens when an FDA approved (albeit rushed) vaccine becomes available by, say, next March, and too many people refuse to get vaccinated? We are stupid Americans, after all.

I guess that's their problem.

I'm getting the vaccine if it comes online. But I'll still be cautious about going into large crowds.
    Old 08-25-2020, 10:41 AM   #55
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    I think the herd immunity approach makes more sense once we have a vaccine
    What if one never comes? Are we really going to live like 2020 for the rest of time over a virus as benign to the majority as Covid?
    Old 08-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #56
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What if one never comes? Are we really going to live like 2020 for the rest of time over a virus as benign to the majority as Covid?
    I guess it will come down to this: Are you ok leaving people fighting cancers, diabetics, people with high blood pressure, organ transplant recipients, arthritic/Crohm's disease patients taking stuff like Humira, the elderly (65 and above), people with a laundry list of chronic illnesses to their own devices? And don't forget, people in their 30's seemingly in good health have been put onto respirators due to this virus and some don't make it.
    Old 08-25-2020, 10:56 AM   #57
    zrroot

My Tour Central Stats

Probably just the one I had tickets for this summer, I'd do CMAC if they add that as well. Granted if NYS even allows concerts in 8 months

Last edited by zrroot; 08-25-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    zrroot is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #58
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I keep hearing December for a vaccine anyway. Why do people just assume it’s going to take years. They already had advances on a vaccine for this.
    Old 08-25-2020, 11:16 AM   #59
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I know there is a healthy fear for having shows cancelled again, but I couldn't see LN and Ticketmaster surviving another year of no shows. They've already changed their policy to no refunds at all for tickets bought now, and if shows end up getting cancelled again, I just can't envision a scenario where they don't fight the government on reopening or risk losing even more money for a second year in a row.

I'll admit that the lax attitude towards the virus in America right now may lead to us losing even more events next year, but I hope by next June we will have something of a more reasonable plan to return to some sense of normality. What that would look like for a DMB concert is anyone's guess. Considering tickets are already sold I don't know how they would expect to switch to a socially distanced concert arrangement without cancelling a lot of tickets.
    Old 08-25-2020, 11:28 AM   #60
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    I know there is a healthy fear for having shows cancelled again, but I couldn't see LN and Ticketmaster surviving another year of no shows. They've already changed their policy to no refunds at all for tickets bought now, and if shows end up getting cancelled again, I just can't envision a scenario where they don't fight the government on reopening or risk losing even more money for a second year in a row.

I'll admit that the lax attitude towards the virus in America right now may lead to us losing even more events next year, but I hope by next June we will have something of a more reasonable plan to return to some sense of normality. What that would look like for a DMB concert is anyone's guess. Considering tickets are already sold I don't know how they would expect to switch to a socially distanced concert arrangement without cancelling a lot of tickets.

The horror