New Album Coming in One Week! - Page 11 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 10-28-2020, 05:31 PM   #301
kenticus

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Y’all forgetting too - the internet is a thing and it wouldn’t be shocking for Dave to send the different members demos and sketches of tunes for them to listen to and get ideas of parts together on before the roll up to the studio. Less than a week physically in studio for horns may sound short but most of us, myself included, have no clue how much pre-work may go into it.
kenticus is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-28-2020, 05:34 PM   #302
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Over 10, under 14.

All new to your knowledge?
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2020, 06:07 PM   #303
    DMB1JW

Shows Seen: 113

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Thank you to everyone with real info for sharing.

So curious if the 10-14 songs will be all new or some old. If some old what will they pick for an album???

Pumped this thread is a nice break from the day now.
    DMB1JW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2020, 06:15 PM   #304
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Idk about all new or not. A guess? All new. If I were to place a bet though? A couple ones we have heard (not including the two new ones this year)
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2020, 06:24 PM   #305
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Idk about all new or not. A guess? All new. If I were to place a bet though? A couple ones we have heard (not including the two new ones this year)

Add Kill the King to the album, have it be a single, half of America just sitting there thinking "since when was DMB ever not soft soccer mom music??"
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2020, 06:24 PM   #306
    Tom Brady
    48 and counting

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

I kinda like it being mostly more new songs. Don’t get me wrong I’d love a crazy easy, sugar and Bismarck studio recording.... but I have multiple live versions of those tunes that I don’t think anything in the studio would match. We all know this band could make 1 or 2 incredible albums with all their unreleased stuff, but
    give me some new songs! COCO is my fav song off come tomorrow and it was awesome to hear it for the first time the day the record was released.

Last edited by Tom Brady; 10-28-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    Tom Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2020, 06:39 PM   #307
    DMB1JW

Shows Seen: 113

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks again for sharing. Pumped for a new album. Boom.
    DMB1JW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2020, 06:45 PM   #308
    ElijahSoRight72

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

For some reason I'm surprised that there are (I'll assume) 12 tracks on this album. Maybe this is just my conditioning as a DMB fan, but I feel like for there to be a full length album ready to go it needs to take at least 5 years, not a few months. I don't know if KTK would be there- it's looking likely that the time for that song is passing, but I'm pumped about the idea of a song or two we already know- especially if recorded during these sessions. I still bet we'll have to wait until the new year to hear anything official about it though.
    ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2020, 09:08 PM   #309
    WhereYouGoin

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tom Brady View Post
    Bruce, without being too specific..... can I expect this vinyl under my Christmas tree or in my Easter basket?
    This Christmas you’ll get the normal Live Trax. I think we’d know by now if there was a new album for this year.
    WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2020, 10:22 PM   #310
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Tons of music has been dropped w/o warning from all sorts of artists since the pandemic. A fair share that weren't started and/or recorded until the quarantining started. There's no reason DMB can't do this...not that they will...
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 05:58 AM   #311
    jssmith6
    every fire dies

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin View Post
    This Christmas you’ll get the normal Live Trax. I think we’d know by now if there was a new album for this year.
    Says the person who hasn't seen a live show. You're most likely right, but really a pointless post. And your idea of a 2018-2019 LT is garbage. Give us something much, much earlier.
    jssmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 06:59 AM   #312
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Tons of music has been dropped w/o warning from all sorts of artists since the pandemic. A fair share that weren't started and/or recorded until the quarantining started. There's no reason DMB can't do this...not that they will...
    Agreed
    Old 10-29-2020, 07:46 AM   #313
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jssmith6 View Post
    Says the person who hasn't seen a live show. You're most likely right, but really a pointless post. And your idea of a 2018-2019 LT is garbage. Give us something much, much earlier.
    It is NOT garbage. There’s yet to be a ‘19 one - they skipped it last Christmas.
    Old 10-29-2020, 08:55 AM   #314
    jssmith6
    every fire dies

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

It is. If I wasn't a completist, I would send you my warehouse discs from the last years. Between warehouse discs, 2018 shows, encore trax, sirius shows, drive-ins; we have enough.
    jssmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #315
    Aforauer

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jssmith6 View Post
    It is. If I wasn't a completist, I would send you my warehouse discs from the last years. Between warehouse discs, 2018 shows, encore trax, sirius shows, drive-ins; we have enough.
    Agreed we certainly have enough. With what you said above it would just be a complete repeat. I can't think of a single 2019 show that I'd want a release of other than the shows I was at (Hartford, SPAC x2). I haven't looked forward to a live trax like I used to since they've been largely lackluster. 53 is decent, 50 is solid. 51,52 are eh. Just being picky!

Also maybe we'll get a bonus disk for once. Prediction: Satellite, Why I am, She, Again and Again, Samurai Cop...same old stuff
    Aforauer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #316
    Aforauer

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Over 10, under 14.
    Also, Bruce myself and I'm sure others appreciate the info that you are able to provide. Getting flashbacks from the Come Tomorrow release when you shared similar info. So thanks!

No Ripcord rumor this time either with the dream track list that we all got fooled on lol
    Aforauer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #317
    maythekarma1

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB1JW View Post
    If Management selects a newer show my vote is the CVille Anniversary show. Solid set and IMO the best live versions of Bob Law, Sam Cop...Full band VITR...and a Bismarck
    Couldn't agree more. Gets my vote also. And it's a good memento for the fans given that it's the 25th Anniversary show.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    maythekarma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #318
    dmbnut21

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

So, everyone is saying they have to protect the #1 streak, which I get. My question though is, couldn't they find a pretty empty/easy week and just do 2-3 weeks of hype and release and hit #1? I feel like the overall stream of new music has slowed down some and so if they found a light week they could just sneak in, hit #1 and move on. Am I wrong here? Are there that many large acts releasing new stuff on a weekly basis right now?
    dmbnut21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 12:30 PM   #319
    ElijahSoRight72

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbnut21 View Post
    So, everyone is saying they have to protect the #1 streak, which I get. My question though is, couldn't they find a pretty empty/easy week and just do 2-3 weeks of hype and release and hit #1? I feel like the overall stream of new music has slowed down some and so if they found a light week they could just sneak in, hit #1 and move on. Am I wrong here? Are there that many large acts releasing new stuff on a weekly basis right now?
    Well we don’t know where the album is in the process either. We know they are done recording, but maybe it’s only in the mixing phase which could take a couple weeks with the master. Then to get the #1 they’ll need to produce the units to sell, commission the album art, THEN have some number of weeks to hype. I think it could still take some time before we officially hear about it.
    Old 10-29-2020, 12:33 PM   #320
    somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Do EP's count towards the album streak? If not, and they are worried about preserving the streak, release an EP of new material every 3-6 months and then release a full length later down the road.

They could also sneak it in on a quiet week with like 6 different buying options (CD, Digital, 4 different colored vinyls)....you know some people are collecting them all. I think Jason Isbell ultimately released his last album in 7 different shades of vinyl color (Black, Fire, creamsicle, Blue, Green, Clear, Coke Bottle).
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 12:38 PM   #321
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

There's no way it could possibly be worse than Come Tomorrow, right?

Right??
    Old 10-29-2020, 12:50 PM   #322
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

AC/DC has another album coming out in November I think.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 View Post
    Well we don’t know where the album is in the process either. We know they are done recording, but maybe it’s only in the mixing phase which could take a couple weeks with the master. Then to get the #1 they’ll need to produce the units to sell, commission the album art, THEN have some number of weeks to hype. I think it could still take some time before we officially hear about it.
    I think the WWE is helping promote AC/DCs new album by making one song off of the album as the theme song for their Nov. PPV. DMB is going to have the WWE promote their album, but the guys can do the usual promotion of talk shows and maybe Saturday Night Live.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 12:53 PM   #323
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post

Right??
    That depends on the number of cooks (producers) in the kitchen. If they went with one producer to help shape the vision into a cohesive thought than worst case scenario is the album is on par with AFTW. If they let everyone they've ever worked with produce a song we get CT part 2.
    Old 10-29-2020, 01:22 PM   #324
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    That depends on the number of cooks (producers) in the kitchen. If they went with one producer to help shape the vision into a cohesive thought than worst case scenario is the album is on par with AFTW. If they let everyone they've ever worked with produce a song we get CT part 2.
    I hope it’s just Rob Evens and Dave producing this record. I liked Come Tomorrow for the songs, not necessarily the production. Like you said, too many hands on the record, and it showed. With that said, I still hope we get a CT part 2 one day. Even if it’s just an EP, I just want the left over tracks that were cut from the album. How would people feel about a 5 track EP companion for a Come Tomorrow anniversary like this?

1. Bismarck
    2. Break Free
    3. Kill the King
    4. Sugar Will
    5. Death on the High Seas

I think it’d be even better than the LP, similar to how I feel about the Little Red Bird EP compared to Big Whiskey.
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 01:25 PM   #325
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman View Post
    I hope it’s just Rob Evens and Dave producing this record. I liked Come Tomorrow for the songs, not necessarily the production. Like you said, too many hands on the record, and it showed. With that said, I still hope we get a CT part 2 one day. Even if it’s just an EP, I just want the left over tracks that were cut from the album. How would people feel about a 5 track EP companion for a Come Tomorrow anniversary like this?

1. Bismarck
    2. Break Free
    3. Kill the King
    4. Sugar Will
    5. Death on the High Seas

I think it’d be even better than the LP, similar to how I feel about the Little Red Bird EP compared to Big Whiskey.
    I'd love those songs to be released down the road. And I think at some point in the next 20-25 years most of it will be.

For now I'd just like those songs to come back into rotation at shows whenever those happen again
    Old 10-29-2020, 01:25 PM   #326
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
    Y’all forgetting too - the internet is a thing and it wouldn’t be shocking for Dave to send the different members demos and sketches of tunes for them to listen to and get ideas of parts together on before the roll up to the studio. Less than a week physically in studio for horns may sound short but most of us, myself included, have no clue how much pre-work may go into it.
    I’m doing exactly this with my band. We are all scattered about New England. I record a scratch guitar/vocal track and send it to the band. They spend whatever time they need with it and send it back (usually drums and bass together). Then we add my guitar player, I re-record my parts and boom, done. If anything it’s been better for us in a way because it gives them more time to sit and spend time with the song and come up with ideas. A lot easier than getting together on a Tuesday night after work trying to hash things out in a two hour block.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Add Kill the King to the album, have it be a single, half of America just sitting there thinking "since when was DMB ever not soft soccer mom music??"
    I am all for this song making a return, but Dave has to spend some serious time on those lyrics. What he came up with in 2011 and 2018 was hot garbage. The music is very strong, but those lyrics were so bad in 2018 I couldn’t look past them.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #327
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

I want to know when more unissued sessions will leak.
    Old 10-29-2020, 06:51 PM   #328
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    I’m doing exactly this with my band. We are all scattered about New England. I record a scratch guitar/vocal track and send it to the band. They spend whatever time they need with it and send it back (usually drums and bass together). Then we add my guitar player, I re-record my parts and boom, done. If anything it’s been better for us in a way because it gives them more time to sit and spend time with the song and come up with ideas. A lot easier than getting together on a Tuesday night after work trying to hash things out in a two hour block.

I am all for this song making a return, but Dave has to spend some serious time on those lyrics. What he came up with in 2011 and 2018 was hot garbage. The music is very strong, but those lyrics were so bad in 2018 I couldn’t look past them.

Excited to hear new music from SRB!

I just love the mood changes and contrast between the verses and the chorus, seems like the chorus lyrics are pretty much the same as they've always been iirc.
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 06:56 PM   #329
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post

Right??
    It can't be. There is no way, right?

CT just comes off as so lazy for me. Grab a couple old songs, write a few new ones in one or two takes without the rest of the band, and then grab a couple semi new songs that have been played live (Sam Cop, VITR), and boom. It's honestly shocking it took so long for that album to come out after AFTW. Feels like an album that could have been written in two days (it may have been lol).

Last edited by Cscottrun; 10-29-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2020, 07:11 PM   #330
    ElijahSoRight72

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    It can't be. There is no way, right?

CT just comes off as so lazy for me. Grab a couple old songs, write a few new ones in one or two takes without the rest of the band, and then grab a couple semi new songs that have been played live (Sam Cop, VITR), and boom. It's honestly shocking it took so long for that album to come out after AFTW. Feels like an album that could have been written in two days (it may have been lol).
    The big loss to me was a scrapped second Cavallo album. I feel like the Cavallo tracks (Sam Cop, VITR, B&BB, A&A, Here On Out) were the best songs on the album but they definitely didn't feel complete. Bismarck and Death on the High Seas were part of those sessions too. And I would have like to have heard the studio version of Be Yourself too. But that's what really slowed the process down. It was reported that Dave was working with Cavallo again in Nov. 2013, but scrapping an album always adds years to the gap between albums.

There is NO WAY this album will be worse than CT. My guess from what we've heard is it's produced by Rob Evans and only Rob Evans, all in a single session with new songs. That alone will make it worlds better than CT.