What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 1916 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 12-14-2016, 09:00 PM   #57451
Tenorion78
Beautiful Occupant
 
Tenorion78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 8,189

Shows Seen: 26

Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
Blasphemously? Are you a god?
I was.

Once.

My powers were taken from me by my dad. The guy is a jerk.

He didn't take my thread creating ability away though. That was taken away by an admin.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. View Post
Love when the 2002 OGs come and swing the join date around

Last edited by Tenorion78; 12-14-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Tenorion78 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-14-2016, 09:04 PM   #57452
    Tenorion78
    Beautiful Occupant
     
    Tenorion78's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 8,189

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    daveshookme - how are people creating new threads if new threads can't be created? Pardon my questions, I'm just getting my feet re-wettened to the AM way of doing things.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. View Post
    Love when the 2002 OGs come and swing the join date around
    Tenorion78 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-14-2016, 09:10 PM   #57453
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire
     
    daveshookme's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Luke's Log Cabin
    Posts: 56,312

    Shows Seen: 46

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tenorion78 View Post
    daveshookme - how are people creating new threads if new threads can't be created? Pardon my questions, I'm just getting my feet re-wettened to the AM way of doing things.
    Just a joke from overnight last night. creating new threads is apparently listed as against forum rules but obviously that's kinda crazy.
    __________________
    Tape Cover Artwork
    Twitter
    100 Day election predictions

    #LetBrettBang
    daveshookme is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #57454
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty
     
    JRS1386's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: Outside of Richmond in the Middle of Nowhere
    Posts: 21,542

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tenorion78 View Post
    daveshookme - how are people creating new threads if new threads can't be created? Pardon my questions, I'm just getting my feet re-wettened to the AM way of doing things.
    You created the West Wing thread and then a shit ton of random shit
    __________________
    Brohan took the bet

    https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #57455
    Tenorion78
    Beautiful Occupant
     
    Tenorion78's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 8,189

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    Just a joke from overnight last night. creating new threads is apparently listed as against forum rules but obviously that's kinda crazy.
    word. glad we hugged it out.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. View Post
    Love when the 2002 OGs come and swing the join date around
    Tenorion78 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-14-2016, 09:24 PM   #57456
    Tenorion78
    Beautiful Occupant
     
    Tenorion78's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 8,189

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    You created the West Wing thread and then a shit ton of random shit
    Were you here before 2008?
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. View Post
    Love when the 2002 OGs come and swing the join date around
    Tenorion78 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-14-2016, 09:38 PM   #57457
    TrampledUnderw.
    Ensconced
     
    TrampledUnderw.'s Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Posts: 6,063

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Love when the 2002 OGs come and swing the join date around
    TrampledUnderw. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #57458
    jcc522
    Take Warning
     
    jcc522's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: NC
    Posts: 15,863

    Shows Seen: 3

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. View Post
    Love when the 2002 OGs come and swing the join date around
    I've very impressed.

    Might screenshot to show my grandchildren one day.
    __________________
    24601
    jcc522 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-14-2016, 09:59 PM   #57459
    Tenorion78
    Beautiful Occupant
     
    Tenorion78's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 8,189

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. View Post
    Love when the 2002 OGs come and swing the join date around
    Would you like to know why we do/can? The board was completely different back then. If you go through my 8000 posts and threads (please don't), you'll see a ton of random stuff, but that's how it was back then. It was a completely different animal.

    We all liked each other, knew each other really well, and there were a lot more active members. The board has changed, I'd say for the worse, but I don't know, really. All I know is it isn't what it was 15 years ago, and that is to be expected.

    My son was 5 when I joined and now he's in college. I was a successful person when I joined and now I'm a mess. Life changes, but that's ok.

    My point wasn't to throw around the join date to rub it in his face, it was to ask if he was a different username before 2008 and part of the boards. It would make it easier to explain the randomness.

    Saying "You started the West Wing thread and didn't do anything else" is kind of insulting. He only knows I started the WW thread because it's the first thing that comes up when my username is searched and/or it's a relatively active thread.

    I contributed a hell of a lot to the board and we were all really tight with each other. We shared our lives with each other on this board. I still have friends I made from here, and still think about a bunch of people who I met and talked to from back then.

    That said...I am an Ants MF2002OG #716represent #Buffalove

    I wasn't throwing around my year to be a jerkface, I was trying see if he understood how the board has changed or if I needed to explain it.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. View Post
    Love when the 2002 OGs come and swing the join date around
    Tenorion78 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-14-2016, 10:02 PM   #57460
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty
     
    JRS1386's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: Outside of Richmond in the Middle of Nowhere
    Posts: 21,542

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    I frequent the WW thread often. But yea I searched your thread creations to see why you were banned from creating threads because I was curious. You have a lot of random threads, so that is why I figured you were banned from creating threads.
    __________________
    Brohan took the bet

    https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-14-2016, 10:13 PM   #57461
    Tenorion78
    Beautiful Occupant
     
    Tenorion78's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 8,189

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    I frequent the WW thread often. But yea I searched your thread creations to see why you were banned from creating threads because I was curious. You have a lot of random threads, so that is why I figured you were banned from creating threads.
    That wasn't why. I just butted heads with an admin and I pushed it over the top. Randomness had nothing to do with it. It was encouraged, and was the practice. Back when this place was rolling, if I wasn't on here for a day, I probably had to go 10 pages back to catch up. I go 10 pages now and it's like, two months ago.

    It was when this board started to actually connect with DMB that a lot of the rules changed, and for a bunch of us, it was hard to deal with. I'm just very good at running my mouth (I know I'm writing, but writing 'running my fingers' just feels creepy).
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. View Post
    Love when the 2002 OGs come and swing the join date around
    Tenorion78 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-14-2016, 10:39 PM   #57462
    TrampledUnderw.
    Ensconced
     
    TrampledUnderw.'s Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Posts: 6,063

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tenorion78 View Post
    Would you like to know why we do/can? The board was completely different back then. If you go through my 8000 posts and threads (please don't), you'll see a ton of random stuff, but that's how it was back then. It was a completely different animal.

    We all liked each other, knew each other really well, and there were a lot more active members. The board has changed, I'd say for the worse, but I don't know, really. All I know is it isn't what it was 15 years ago, and that is to be expected.

    My son was 5 when I joined and now he's in college. I was a successful person when I joined and now I'm a mess. Life changes, but that's ok.

    My point wasn't to throw around the join date to rub it in his face, it was to ask if he was a different username before 2008 and part of the boards. It would make it easier to explain the randomness.

    Saying "You started the West Wing thread and didn't do anything else" is kind of insulting. He only knows I started the WW thread because it's the first thing that comes up when my username is searched and/or it's a relatively active thread.

    I contributed a hell of a lot to the board and we were all really tight with each other. We shared our lives with each other on this board. I still have friends I made from here, and still think about a bunch of people who I met and talked to from back then.

    That said...I am an Ants MF2002OG #716represent #Buffalove

    I wasn't throwing around my year to be a jerkface, I was trying see if he understood how the board has changed or if I needed to explain it.
    I didn't mean that to be snarky at all. Legitimately like seeing people still around that have been apart of the community for so long
    TrampledUnderw. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 12:03 AM   #57463
    diableri
    Stay Limber
     
    diableri's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: West Coast
    Posts: 3,927

    Shows Seen: 4

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    After back reading, pretty sure K2 has an ex working at Fed Ex or USPS or both that are colluding.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. EXCEPT DOLL DUDES AND PLACENTA PEOPLE!
    Dr. Seuss
    diableri is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 01:54 AM   #57464
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!
     
    K270's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: San Mateo, CA
    Posts: 6,821

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diableri View Post
    after back reading, pretty sure k2 has an ex working at fed ex or usps or both that are colluding.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
    __________________
    ~Kevin~
    People would complain even if you hang them with a new rope.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 07:28 AM   #57465
    DMBstandUP1984
    for a healthier option.
     
    DMBstandUP1984's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Posts: 59,416

    Shows Seen: 33

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    Pentatonix


    That shit sucked. Just 4 ugly people beat boxing
    __________________
    What I like about cowboy hats is, they seem to really protect you from the sun and progressive ideas.- Joe List
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:09 AM   #57466
    jenhen27
    AM.org Moderator
     
    jenhen27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2016
    Location: City of Oaks
    Posts: 4,328

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    No Christmas bonus this year. Boss stiffed us. Not even a jelly of the month club. Can't wait to get out of here.
    __________________
    Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters.


    jenhen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:10 AM   #57467
    DMBstandUP1984
    for a healthier option.
     
    DMBstandUP1984's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Posts: 59,416

    Shows Seen: 33

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    we got $400 visa gift cards...at least I'm not going to get taxed on it i guess.
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #57468
    thebridge15
     
    thebridge15's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 74,126

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    we got $400 visa gift cards...at least I'm not going to get taxed on it i guess.
    company probably fronts the tax on those. that's what most places do
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay View Post
    bills are paying the jags o-line coach 4 million this year.

    that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #57469
    jenhen27
    AM.org Moderator
     
    jenhen27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2016
    Location: City of Oaks
    Posts: 4,328

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    we got $400 visa gift cards...at least I'm not going to get taxed on it i guess.
    Yeah, we used to get $500 mall gift cards (no tax)

    Then we got actual money. Last few years it was $1500. This year jack.

    Thanks boss. I mean, I brought in nearly 1/4 of the revenue for the firm but just poop on me. And, idiot that I am, I hung on until the end of the year thinking it would be worth it. I just found out I could have been offered another job a few weeks ago if I didn't make my availability the beginning of the year.

    Things like this just support my decision to get out of here.
    __________________
    Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters.


    jenhen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:15 AM   #57470
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind
     
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Posts: 26,294

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    I'm irritated ill never know what threads Tenorion wants to create.

    Can't we push the reset button on the dude? It's Christmas time...
    __________________

    This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:18 AM   #57471
    jenhen27
    AM.org Moderator
     
    jenhen27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2016
    Location: City of Oaks
    Posts: 4,328

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
    I'm irritated ill never know what threads Tenorion wants to create.

    Can't we push the reset button on the dude? It's Christmas time...
    You could create a thread for the sole purpose of allowing thread banned members to list prospective threads. However, I think that could lead to your joining their ranks.
    __________________
    Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters.


    jenhen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:21 AM   #57472
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind
     
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Posts: 26,294

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenhen27 View Post
    You could create a thread for the sole purpose of allowing thread banned members to list prospective threads. However, I think that could lead to your joining their ranks.


    A please someone make this thread thread......
    __________________

    This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #57473
    DMBstandUP1984
    for a healthier option.
     
    DMBstandUP1984's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2005
    Posts: 59,416

    Shows Seen: 33

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    company probably fronts the tax on those. that's what most places do


    True true. That makes sense.

    At least it was something. My wife got a $300 gc to some fancy steakhouse near us. So NYE dinner is good to go
    __________________
    What I like about cowboy hats is, they seem to really protect you from the sun and progressive ideas.- Joe List
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #57474
    drop2d
     
    drop2d's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NH
    Posts: 25,459

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Had a boss once that gave everyone gc's at the company xmas party. I think it was maybe $100 per person (which was a lot considering we never really got anything)... few months later she was headed to jail for embezzling. At least she was tried to share the wealth though.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonzo48280 View Post
    I'd rather be wearing an American Flag T-shirt blasting Foreigner through a boombox in Pyongyang than ever set foot in St Louis ever again.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:33 AM   #57475
    UNC41
    Gimme Dat
     
    UNC41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Minneapolis, MN
    Posts: 27,138

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via MSN to UNC41

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Do those of you who get Christmas Bonuses also get annual bonuses tied to your performance review? I've always gotten the latter, but never the former.
    __________________
    Bryan

    You white, then you Ben Affleck.
    UNC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:37 AM   #57476
    thebridge15
     
    thebridge15's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 74,126

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    I've gotten the former not the latter. our bonuses kick in in late october so I don't believe anyone really notices / cares

    I think 2 out of 3 years I've gotten like a $1-200 amex card around christmas, not sure if it's "policy" or not for our group
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay View Post
    bills are paying the jags o-line coach 4 million this year.

    that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:40 AM   #57477
    mrignatious
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Posts: 13,079

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    My God a $1 amex card must feel like a slap in the face bridge. I'd be irritated by that too.
    mrignatious is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #57478
    thebridge15
     
    thebridge15's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 74,126

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    I got some nice chiclets
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay View Post
    bills are paying the jags o-line coach 4 million this year.

    that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #57479
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 43,169

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Im getting laid off for christmas this year. So dont feel too bad about your $1 amex card
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-15-2016, 11:24 AM   #57480
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire
     
    daveshookme's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Luke's Log Cabin
    Posts: 56,312

    Shows Seen: 46

    Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

    Hi can I have a medium #4 with root beer and bacon sriracha fries?

    Is this for here or to go

    For here

    A number which?

    4

    Single or double?

    Double

    And to drink?

    Root beer, no ice

    We're outta root beer

    Ok fine cherry coke

    *gets double baconator, regular fries, and half filled regular coke*
    __________________
    Tape Cover Artwork
    Twitter
    100 Day election predictions

    #LetBrettBang
    daveshookme is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter