What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 504 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #15091
Lcsulla
Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
This week.

My husband's Grandmother passed away.
A girl at work with a 6 month old & 4 year old committed suicide.
A good friend's sister in law is 4 months pregnant and they just found a hole in the baby's heart.
My 9 yr old lab mix that I adopted 8 months ago just viciously attacked my other lab. I know that the right thing to do is return him, but I'm still heartbroken. (My other dog is ok. )
I hear ya!

My aunt is down to 65 pounds and has a few days to live
My cousin is in stage 4 cancer with very little good news
Work is nuts with a bug tough project on a rapidly approaching deadline and we are having issues.
My medical status is up in the air
Girl I am seeing is driving me up a wall for the past 2 weeks and due to my medical issues I cannot even see her face to face cause drive is too long

Regarding your friends baby's heart - I feel ya there too. I had the same, except they did not pick it up until I was 30. I had surgery to correct it and it went fine. From my understanding it is far easier to correct when they catch it early due to the mitigated risk of chamber expansion due to blood backwash through the hole. Take some comfort in the fact that they caught it early because they can correct it easier with less risk.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #15092
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    I hear ya!

My aunt is down to 65 pounds and has a few days to live
    My cousin is in stage 4 cancer with very little good news
    Work is nuts with a bug tough project on a rapidly approaching deadline and we are having issues.
    My medical status is up in the air
    Girl I am seeing is driving me up a wall for the past 2 weeks and due to my medical issues I cannot even see her face to face cause drive is too long

Regarding your friends baby's heart - I feel ya there too. I had the same, except they did not pick it up until I was 30. I had surgery to correct it and it went fine. From my understanding it is far easier to correct when they catch it early due to the mitigated risk of chamber expansion due to blood backwash through the hole. Take some comfort in the fact that they caught it early because they can correct it easier with less risk.
    Sorry to hear about everything with you.
    It seems like when it rains, it pours. All of that piled on in one day really made for a rough day.

Here's to a new day.
    Getting ready to head to the Pirates game with my sister who is in visiting from Boston. Animal Friends was optimistic that Rover would be adopted soon, he just needs to go home to a house without other pets. We paid his adoption fee for the next family. Tears have pretty much stopped, but it's still hard.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #15093
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Allergies. Fuck You.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #15094
    gakm7

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

When somebody bitches about problems that THEY created THEMSELVES.
    gakm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #15095
    gakm7

My Tour Central Stats

When people keep buying shit and buying shit (Especially stuff that is a pure "want") and they don't have a real job that makes any money for them to pay for all that shit and then they complain that they are in debt and should pay off the credit card and etc.

I mean, my fucking god... GET A REAL JOB AND PAY OFF YOUR DAMN DEBT FIRST!!!!!!

And working for 10hrs a week eating food isn't a job. Half your after tax wages go to gas for driving there and back. Also, putting clothes into a washer/dryer then taking 10 minutes to folding them is not work. Dishes take like 15 minutes by hand and vacuuming takes maybe 10.

Meanwhile, dad works graveyard shifts for 40 hours a week and then has to get bitched at all morning and then gets no sleep b/c the poorly trained dogs bark all fucking afternoon. Literally. O but don't scold them or anything or else ya get bitched at. And then he hasto go to work with no sleep and then do all outside work. I work a day job for 40hrs a week and then I have to put up with the damn dogs all night and I have to keep the lawn mowed like constantly because if it's taller than a couple inches then it's a FUCKING JUNGLE blah blah blah and I can't find dog shit then and omgggggggg......... And then nag on everybody else if they make a slight noise or are bitchy about something but yet you can bitch all the fucking time and your dogs can bark all the fucking time and everybody has to put up with you because you are you.

Not that I enjoy work, but it's almost better than being at home a lot of the time...
    Old 05-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #15096
    gakm7

My Tour Central Stats

O, and forgot about the afternoon and nightly naps she takes before going to bed... And then she wonders why she doesn't sleep at night... YOU SLEPT FOR LIKE 4 FUCKING HOURS ALREADY TODAY!!!!!!!! How much more do you need?? I live on about 5 hours a night and you don't hear me bitching about it.

Maybe if you weren't so concerned about a exact number of hours you want and if you get it or not then you could sleep better.

Same goes with the temperature. 2 degrees does NOT make a difference. Don't obsess over it. Then it won't bother you.......
    Old 05-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #15097
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

gocubs's polls.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #15098
    Haiku Jimi

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gakm7 View Post
    When somebody bitches about problems that THEY created THEMSELVES.
    Quote:
    When people keep buying shit and buying shit (Especially stuff that is a pure "want") and they don't have a real job that makes any money for them to pay for all that shit and then they complain that they are in debt and should pay off the credit card and etc.

And working for 10hrs a week eating food isn't a job. Half your after tax wages go to gas for driving there and back. Also, putting clothes into a washer/dryer then taking 10 minutes to folding them is not work. Dishes take like 15 minutes by hand and vacuuming takes maybe 10.

Meanwhile, dad works graveyard shifts for 40 hours a week and then has to get bitched at all morning and then gets no sleep b/c the poorly trained dogs bark all fucking afternoon. Literally. O but don't scold them or anything or else ya get bitched at. And then he hasto go to work with no sleep and then do all outside work. I work a day job for 40hrs a week and then I have to put up with the damn dogs all night and I have to keep the lawn mowed like constantly because if it's taller than a couple inches then it's a FUCKING JUNGLE blah blah blah and I can't find dog shit then and omgggggggg......... And then nag on everybody else if they make a slight noise or are bitchy about something but yet you can bitch all the fucking time and your dogs can bark all the fucking time and everybody has to put up with you because you are you.

Not that I enjoy work, but it's almost better than being at home a lot of the time...
    Quote:
    O, and forgot about the afternoon and nightly naps she takes before going to bed... And then she wonders why she doesn't sleep at night... YOU SLEPT FOR LIKE 4 FUCKING HOURS ALREADY TODAY!!!!!!!! How much more do you need?? I live on about 5 hours a night and you don't hear me bitching about it.

Maybe if you weren't so concerned about a exact number of hours you want and if you get it or not then you could sleep better.

Same goes with the temperature. 2 degrees does NOT make a difference. Don't obsess over it. Then it won't bother you.......
    Defcon's brother?
    Haiku Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #15099
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

You need a joint.
    Old 05-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #15100
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Traffic. Rubbernecking. Congestion.

...and the fact that the road that is supposed to alleviate this has been completed for two years and sits completely unused due to the powers that be.

It takes me 34 minutes (timed it) to get 8.3 miles to work. That's not even during rush hour. It takes about 45 during rush hour. Literally you get further in Manhattan.
    Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #15101
    Haiku Jimi

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    Traffic. Rubbernecking. Congestion.

...and the fact that the road that is supposed to alleviate this has been completed for two years and sits completely unused due to the powers that be.

It takes me 34 minutes (timed it) to get 8.3 miles to work. That's not even during rush hour. It takes about 45 during rush hour. Literally you get further in Manhattan.
    There's nothing I hate more than rubbernecking while driving. Everything slows to a crawl...you begin to wonder why. Then you see the flashing lights on the sholder of the highway....and literally as soon as you pass it, everything clears up. WHYYYYY!? Why can't you dumb mother fuckers just drive past?
    Haiku Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #15102
    jackisback24
    He's using hypnosis!

My Tour Central Stats

kids at work. I like kids, but not in the workplace running around, yelling and even sitting at your desk before you get in. Find a sitter!

And babies at movies/shows. If they start whining, take them out. Don't wait 20 minutes to see if they eventually chill out. Leave!
    jackisback24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #15103
    gakm7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    You need a joint.
    I just need to get away from stupid people......................

Not a joint person, but definitely like some alcohol here and there. Maybe I should take up drinking
    Old 05-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #15104
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackisback24 View Post
    kids at work. I like kids, but not in the workplace running around, yelling and even sitting at your desk before you get in. Find a sitter!

And babies at movies/shows. If they start whining, take them out. Don't wait 20 minutes to see if they eventually chill out. Leave!

Alamo Drafthouse doesn't have a "take your kids out immediately if they start crying" policy. They have a "no kids" policy.

And it's not some vague policy that everyone ignores. They enforce it. I've seen families with kids turned away at the ticket counter, and kicked out of the theater by their server if they bought online and tried to sneak the kids in. It's the best place ever. You can go see Pixar movies there without having to worry about it being packed with kids.

The only time you're allowed to take your kids to a screening at Alamo is at the "kid approved" day time showings of kid friendly movies. And those are clearly labeled so that people who don't want their movie ruined don't mistakenly buy tickets to that showing.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 05-24-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #15105
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

The kids at work thing drives me fucking nuts. I hate when people bring their babies in and completely fucks up the productivity of the entire office.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #15106
    curlycal

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Deviated septum'd.
    Old 05-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #15107
    TrippingBilly95
    ... Up to something...

My Tour Central Stats

People who talk at normal speaking tones during a movie need to get fucking shot in the foot or something. I saw a movie two days ago and this 40-ish year old couple behind me were predicting what was going to happen, commenting on the characters' stupidity, overreacting to plot twists and violence, and needing clarification from one another the entire fucking movie. I felt like turning around and saying something but it's impossible to not sound like a huge dick and cause even more problems due to people's horrendous self-righteousness.

If you MUST talk for any reason during a movie, have some fucking respect, lean in to the person's ear, and whisper quietly. I am 100% okay with that. As long as no one hears it. /rant
    Old 05-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #15108
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrippingBilly95 View Post
    People who talk at normal speaking tones during a movie need to get fucking shot in the foot or something. I saw a movie two days ago and this 40-ish year old couple behind me were predicting what was going to happen, commenting on the characters' stupidity, overreacting to plot twists and violence, and needing clarification from one another the entire fucking movie. I felt like turning around and saying something but it's impossible to not sound like a huge dick and cause even more problems due to people's horrendous self-righteousness.

If you MUST talk for any reason during a movie, have some fucking respect, lean in to the person's ear, and whisper quietly. I am 100% okay with that. As long as no one hears it. /rant
    When this happens, I generally just do the "Shhh!" and people shut up. There have been other times though where people were exceptionally rude and were kicking my chair in the process. When that happened, I angrily yelled "Hey, do you mind?!" They stopped.

It's definitely an awkward situation to be confrontational in though. I feel you there. One of these days, I'll have no issue yelling "Shut the fuck up" at whoever isn't shutting their yap.
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Both movies do have anal, though.
    AlpineValley804 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #15109
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

When your salad comes out at the same time as your entree.
    Old 05-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #15110
    jojo04
    Real Panda

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laura22 View Post
    when people text throughout a meal with friends

it's so annoying when i tell a story to my friends at dinner, and then the 1 person that was texting throughout the whole thing goes, "wait.. what" as soon as i'm done

My girlfriend constantly is on her phone at meals. She knows it pisses me off too. That's the worst part. I think I'm just going to start breaking her phone. It'll be expensive replacing it that often, but I'll get the satisfaction.
    Old 05-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #15111
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrippingBilly95 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 View Post
    When this happens, I generally just do the "Shhh!" and people shut up. There have been other times though where people were exceptionally rude and were kicking my chair in the process. When that happened, I angrily yelled "Hey, do you mind?!" They stopped.

It's definitely an awkward situation to be confrontational in though. I feel you there. One of these days, I'll have no issue yelling "Shut the fuck up" at whoever isn't shutting their yap.

No need for shushing or yelling at Alamo. You just write down what's wrong on a piece of paper and put it up on the rack on your table like you're ordering another beer. Server will get a manger and manager will warn them. Once. Then he will kick them the fuck out.

Rarely necessary though, as people who frequent Alamo usually know how to act in a theater.

Had a bad experience at a normie theater for Django and have since vowed to never, ever frequent another normie theater.
    Old 05-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #15112
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jojo04 View Post
    My girlfriend constantly is on her phone at meals. She knows it pisses me off too. That's the worst part. I think I'm just going to start breaking her phone. It'll be expensive replacing it that often, but I'll get the satisfaction.

I never do it at a one on one meal. That's incredibly rude.

If I'm with a big group though, and the conversation has taken a turn that doesn't interest me, I'll bust it out for a bit. Or if I'm following a game, I'll have it out on the table the whole time.

And if I need to take a call (which is rare), I will answer, quietly say "hold on" and then get up and go outside the restaurant to talk.

It infuriates me when people talk on their phones in a restaurant.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 05-25-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #15113
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

I need to hit Alamo here in Houston. Problem is my Cinemark is a smooth two blocks west.
    Old 05-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #15114
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

My Tour Central Stats

40 and 50 yr olds telling stories about high school, or elementary school. Nobody gives a fuck man. It goes in one ear and out the other, shorten the fucking story, or dont tell it at all
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #15115
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

This girl at the bar that talks loud and is trying to make friends with anyone who will listen to her. Her loud voice and lack of intelligence are irritating the fuck out of me right now.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #15116
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    This girl at the bar that talks loud and is trying to make friends with anyone who will listen to her. Her loud voice and lack of intelligence are irritating the fuck out of me right now.
    Smoke some mth. Fuck bitches!
    Old 05-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #15117
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    If shes hot, it is ok thought...amirite??
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #15118
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Laugh tracks.
    Old 05-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #15119
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 View Post

Had a guy in front of me yell shut the fuck up to some kid sitting behind me who was getting overly excited at the bat flying in Wayne Manor. As soon as the guy yelled shut the fuck up, the kid went ape shit. He started to scream and yell. Thankfully, the mother (or his keeper) dragged him out of the theater screaming and yelling. Now, every time I watch Batman Begins and I see that bat flying around Wayne Manor, all I can hear is "Ohhhhh a bird" followed "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" then "Waaaaaahhhhhh" No, I didn't see Batman Begins at the dollar a show ghetto theater. n/r

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #15120
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

I haven't been to the movies in quite a while, lucky if I go once a year. Why overpay for shit you can get free on the internet?

Here's some work related annoyances

Having to physically escort people to the door/register at closing time. People, that message you keep hearing the last fifteen minutes means the store is fucking closing. As soon as you hear that message, even if it says 15 minutes are left, just fucking stop and check out. People would like to go home.

If you wear any of the following:

a beanie in the summer, sunglasses, a thick coat/hoodie in the summer, have a baby stroller without a baby in it, have large bags/multiple bags/backpacks/tote bags, you will be followed by store security on camera or in person, asked to either remove the offending clothing, let us check your bags/stroller for you, or leave. Don't get offended.

When your kid gets hurt because you weren't watching him and we warned you that the child shouldn't have been left unattended on a fucking treadmill and ASKED you to leave after you failed to take care of your shit, it ceases to be our fault legally. You are a horrible fucking parent and deserve to have your kids taken away.

Stop putting your hands in/out of any purses or pockets frequently.

Under no circumstances should you enter the fitting room/bathroom of the opposite sex. You would be surprised how many people don't understand this most basic rule that we all learned by age 4.

If you are ever caught stealing, don't deny it or you're gonna have a bad time. Just give the shit back and chances are if you sign an admission you'll be let go and maybe have to pay restitution. If you don't, you will be criminally prosecuted.

If you have a problem with your bags/receipts/purse being checked or searched, leave them in your fucking car.

When you check out, check out. Make sure you got all the shit you intended to, and fucking leave. Don't keep shopping with a store bag. And don't get pissed when I send out an associate to ask you if you need anything else.

When you are bringing a return, don't shop first...go straight to customer service. I thought this was common sense, but common sense isn't so common.

No, you can't test drive our shit. No, you can't borrow/rent our shit.

If you are going to try on lingerie, a swimsuit or underwear, wash yourself or wear underwear beneath. Jesus, I've had to do about three destroyed merchandise reports now...whatever they're called, due to bodily fluids,

The store is not a place to chill, kill time, fuck, etc. If you aren't actually shopping but are sitting down in shoes or fucking around, you will be asked to leave.

You can't just name your own price...this isn't priceline.com. Some real or fake ad you printed from the internet is not a valid competitor's ad. We consider brick and mortar stores within 25 miles to be competitors. We will not match ads/prices in New Mexico or from Amazon. We do not care about similar merchandise, if we're gonna price match it has to be the exact same product down to SKU.

Code Adam isn't a free post-facto babysitting service. It is store policy to call the police if the child has left the store. Do not call and issue threats because DSS took your kids. Learn how to fucking parent.

No food and beverages in electronics or formalwear means just that. I don't give a fuck if it's a spillproof container or your food is sealed and you're just passing through. I don't want to deal with the paperwork when you spill your smoothie on a demo.

Do not get mad at our MPU people. They're not the ones who fix shit...everything is sent away. We don't fix shit on demand.

If your card is declined, its not our fault. We will not negotiate with your bank or take IOUs. You may place certain things on layaway or apply for our store credit card.

We do not accept checks. The year is 2013. Get a debit card.

When you decide you don't want something, put it back where it goes.

If you're gonna claim an associate shorted you on change, you better make sure your shit is proper because we have a main camera on each register as well as a pretty nifty system to avoid shit like this.

We don't do rainchecks. Shoulda got here sooner.