Your Top 3 Attended Shows - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-26-2021, 01:50 PM   #31
crashintonickdm
Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Your Top 3 Attended Shows

Legendary?
crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-26-2021, 03:24 PM   #32
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

My Tour Central Stats

1. 6/13/09
    2. 11/13/10

Kinda a tie for 3. 5/28/10 comes to mind. This past Spac N2 is up there. Vegas 2020 is also in the running and so is AC Caravan N3.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-26-2021, 04:18 PM   #33
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Mile High Stadium 2000 (7.25.00)
    Red Rocks N3 2005 (9.11.05)
    Hollywood Bowl N2 2007 (10.2.07)

Last edited by coldengrey12; 09-26-2021 at 04:19 PM.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-26-2021, 05:30 PM   #34
    JMMS329

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    With all the talk about great setlists/shows lately, I was curious of people's top 3 shows. We have people on this site who have seen the band in all eras, and I'd love to hear people's takes on their favorite shows<br>
    <br>
    1) MSG N2 2010 - The atmosphere in that arena didn't feel real. I was a teenager and I remember thinking I will never see a concert like this one again. Dave's voice was shot for a large portion of the show, and the crowd sang most of Dancing Nancies without Dave.<br>
    <br>
    2) SPAC N2 2015. 4th of July, double encore, Dead cover, Bela Fleck....enough said.<br>
    <br>
    3) SPAC N2 2021. It felt like 10,000+ hardcore fans absolutely pumped to be seeing DMB on a Saturday night for the first time in a long time. The main set was literally perfect. If they came out after SMLAM and played one more classic, it would be my number one.
    I was at all three and I completely agree 😃
    JMMS329 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-26-2021, 05:46 PM   #35
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Jiffy Lube 7/26/14 - my 1st experience in the Pit for a DMB show, and the set was pretty great for Bristow. my 1st YNK

JPJ 4/18/09 - 1st cville show for me, and pretty early in my show career. Was a great time with some college buddies, we were graduating in a month and the feeling was too positive not to put on the list. I distinctly remember leaning over and asking a buddy what the hell song was playing, it was pig

jpj 11/20/2010 - just an awesome time, probably top 3 biggest ants tailgates I've ever been a part of, and a fairly decent show. I think we set up shop tailgating around noon, you can imagine what shape we were in by showtime

HM: jiffy lube 6/9/2018 - Definitely the biggest, most organized antsgate we've ever had, so much so it's drone footage was featured in promotional material. Not to mention the 92 degree day turned superstorm sandy-esque downpour added to the experience
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-26-2021, 07:28 PM   #36
    WhoDidIt?

Shows Seen: 38

My Tour Central Stats

#1. 3-31-03 - Not a full band show but was my second show and got lucky and had front row from the WH. The best concert experience I’ve ever had and most likely will ever have. Would really like to see a D&T tour in small venues again.

#2. 10-2-04 - Just a great set and I loved the ‘04 songs.

#3. 6-20-09 - Drove to the venue last minute with no tickets and ended up getting fantastic seats from the box office and got a whole bunch of songs I was chasing. I think the spontaneity of just picking up going to the show is what made it so much fun.
    WhoDidIt? is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2021, 09:09 AM   #37
    Sabres914

Shows Seen: 85

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

#1 - 7.7.2012 - Alpine N2. Being on rail with my brother for the longest non-Two-Sets show the band has ever played. Little Thing liberation to open, Loving Wings, SHOTGUN (video), Dreaming Tree, Raven, #41, Typical, Two Step set closer, a beautiful Dave solo Space Between to open the encore followed by 18 minutes of Ants and Thank You with the crowd going wild.

#2 - 6.13.2009 - SPAC N2. How an encore should be handled... not this 2021 garbage. Dive In debut, my favorite from Big Whiskey. The Stone, LIOG, Two Step set closer.

#3 - 11.13.2010 - MSG N2. Say Goodbye > #41 opener (first time since 1996), Pig (video), the hilarious aborted Christmas Song and resulting restart, Two Step set closer, Last Stop encore closer. I love when Still Water used to proceed Don't Drink the Water (video). Everyday with real life Vusi Mahlasela guesting on stage (video) which I still get major chills from...

Just realizing the trend now of Two Step closing the set of my favorite, most memorable shows.
    Old 09-27-2021, 12:40 PM   #38
    trippinbillee

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

#1 - 7/24/2-13 - Charlotte: Wife and I on the rail between Dave and Boyd. Rain delay made for a late start but they crammed the full show in (only dropping If Only with Stanley Jordan, which I'm ok with). Some real highlights in this one but the last 45 minutes of the set with Drunken Soldier > Two Step > Ants > Halloween was unreal.

#2 - 6/17/2012 - VA Beach: Nice and cool night in VA after a lackluster show in Bristow the night before. Dead center seats right behind an empty VIP box, cool breeze, and great set - still a show I go back and listen to.

#3 - 7//23/2021 - Raleigh: Recency bias here. Not the perfect set but the first show after the COVID hiatus, fantastic energy from the crowd, chills when the band came on, and teary eyes when 41 hit. A surreal night.
    trippinbillee is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2021, 01:13 PM   #39
    theyesthman

My Tour Central Stats

Love this thread idea! These were all the start of fandom for me and stick out quite a bit:

1. 7/19/2009- First Alpine weekend for me and the Thank You>Halloween was awesome. We were up pretty close for this one.

2. 11/20/2010- With the end of the tour and the next year "off", this one brought heat. That encore though! The night before was just as good, but the last show before hiatus and the energy made this one special.

3. 7/21/2010- Phenomenal main set...had the encore been different and any better at all/not repeats from the night before, this would probably be my top.
    9.18.07, 7.1.08, 7.2.08, 7.30.08, 8.7.08, 10.26.08, 4.24.09, 7.18.09, 7.19.09, 8.7.09, 7.20.10, 7.21.10, 11.19.10, 11.20.10, 5.23.12, 6.17.12, 12.14.12, 12.15.12, 7.24.13, 7.22.14, 7.23.14, 5.22.15, 7.10.15, 5.27.16, 7.2.16, 6.9.18, 7.24.18
    theyesthman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2021, 02:24 PM   #40
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

1. 10/25/96 - Woodlands - My first show, didn't even want to go
    2. 3/29/03 - Boone - D&T but it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to, 3/28 close behind
    3. 9/11/05 - Red Rocks - Very memorable. Halloween > Butterfly was amazing even if it's not the greatest Halloween of all time
    Old 09-27-2021, 05:40 PM   #41
    Carson31

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

I feel lucky to have seen quite a few very cool performances and I'm going to answer this question a few different ways so I can list more than 3 shows.

10/30/15 https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4586

Notable to me for many reasons: This was my 150th Dave related show, and my first time visiting Europe. I also met with my friends at DMBReleases.com in person for the first time. The venue itself is a converted distillery with a low ceiling, the acoustics are poor but they gave the show a unique 'club' like feel. In line before the show, my English friend Andy announced to the crowd that it was my 150th show. What seemed like a hundred people then swarmed us and cheered.

There are a lot of really cool Danish / Scandanavian fans and I would highly recommend seeing the band in that part of the world if you get the chance. Its a very different experience. For instance, it seemed like most people biked to the show... there must have been more than a thousand bikes parked outside.

Of musical note, the band audibled to Halloween in the encore because fans chanted for it.

9/24/11 https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4299

Dave & Jane held a moderated chat / Q & A type discussion and Dave played a solo 3 song set. While Dave played, Jane sat in the seat in front of me, enjoying the performance just like the rest of us. I was sitting so close that I could hear Dave's voice & guitar without the amplification. It was my first time seeing Dave solo, in a small theatre and I even got Dave's guitar pick after the show.

10/22/11 https://antsmarching.org
    /tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4300

I didn't have a ticket to this show so I stood at the entrance hoping that someone walking in would have an extra. I only had to wait a few minutes and a nice lady walked up and put a ticket in my hand. It turned out to be pavilion seat, dead center, around 10-15 rows back (face value would have been a few hundred for sure). I didn't realize that until after the nice lady walked away, and only realized it when I went to find my seat.

Bridge School is a neat event but there is a lot of down time between sets, fortunately this allowed me to chat with the nice lady and her friends. They were coming and going a lot, but they were all music enthusiasts, so I felt like I was in good company. They were very curious who I was there to see and of course I was happy to respond that I was there to see Dave Matthews. After one of the sets, the nice lady and one of her friends departed briefly, leaving me with just one new friend. I asked her how she and her friend's got such great tickets and she says something to the effect of 'the woman who gave you that ticket is Livia Tortella the co-president of Warner Brothers Records, and the other guy is Bill Werde, the editor of Billboard Magazine.' At that point I'm thinking, and who the fuck are you, the Easter Bunny? No, as it turns out she was the president or co-president of Warner films. No big deal, just me and the industry big wigs enjoying a show. Long story short I made new friends that night, and Livia gave me a free 4 pack of seats for the next night's show. All tolled it was $1K+ in free tickets and a genuinely incredible experience.

-----

here are 3 more noteworthy top experiences.

11/5/15 https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4590

"being lost somewhere in Paris" became more than a lyric, it was a lived moment.

1/16/14 https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4457

Dave nailing the Dixie Chicken interpolation during Crash, while being in the heart of Dixieland. The way the crowd roared was pretty magical.

12/18/12 https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4384

Stefan played the Star Spangled Banner, perhaps not knowing the history of the song in Baltimore (https://conduitstreet.mdcounties.org...es-came-to-be/. Stefan seemed surprised when the crowd erupted with "O's"

------

If I'm going strictly historical/music/set based shows my top 3 are probably: 7/30/03, 9/12/04 and 1/16/04... maybe 8/7/04 too.
    Carson31 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2021, 05:46 PM   #42
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foreverford05 View Post
    Jiffy Lube 7/26/14 - my 1st experience in the Pit for a DMB show, and the set was pretty great for Bristow. my 1st YNK

JPJ 4/18/09 - 1st cville show for me, and pretty early in my show career. Was a great time with some college buddies, we were graduating in a month and the feeling was too positive not to put on the list. I distinctly remember leaning over and asking a buddy what the hell song was playing, it was pig

jpj 11/20/2010 - just an awesome time, probably top 3 biggest ants tailgates I've ever been a part of, and a fairly decent show. I think we set up shop tailgating around noon, you can imagine what shape we were in by showtime

HM: jiffy lube 6/9/2018 - Definitely the biggest, most organized antsgate we've ever had, so much so it's drone footage was featured in promotional material. Not to mention the 92 degree day turned superstorm sandy-esque downpour added to the experience
    Would like to see this. What video are you referencing?
    Old 09-27-2021, 06:21 PM   #43
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Then there’s:
    2019 SPAC N2 on the rail
    2017 Dublin D&T
    2018 MSG & C-Ville N2s...
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2021, 06:27 PM   #44
    spiza

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

12.10.2005 MSG Amazing they sounded so good that weekend. Awesome encore and really nice Halloween played BTCS style.
    7.04.2015 Spac Epic with Bela and double encore.
    5.26.2013 Spac Very Cold and rainy night with a bunch of TDs and double encore.
    spiza is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2021, 06:43 PM   #45
    Cobo

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Not really worth reading any posts that list post-2004 shows. Hopefully more of the old members will come out on this one.
    Cobo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2021, 06:49 PM   #46
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cobo View Post
    Not really worth reading any posts that list post-2004 shows. Hopefully more of the old members will come out on this one.
    Shit man, I didn't even realize. I'm sorry for posting mine.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2021, 07:04 PM   #47
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 View Post
    Shit man, I didn't even realize. I'm sorry for posting mine.
    Yea, seriously. What an unnecessary comment.
    Old 09-27-2021, 07:11 PM   #48
    Sabres914

Shows Seen: 85

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carson31 View Post
    I feel lucky to have seen quite a few very cool performances and I'm going to answer this question a few different ways so I can list more than 3 shows.

10/30/15 https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4586

Notable to me for many reasons: This was my 150th Dave related show, and my first time visiting Europe. I also met with my friends at DMBReleases.com in person for the first time. The venue itself is a converted distillery with a low ceiling, the acoustics are poor but they gave the show a unique 'club' like feel. In line before the show, my English friend Andy announced to the crowd that it was my 150th show. What seemed like a hundred people then swarmed us and cheered.

There are a lot of really cool Danish / Scandanavian fans and I would highly recommend seeing the band in that part of the world if you get the chance. Its a very different experience. For instance, it seemed like most people biked to the show... there must have been more than a thousand bikes parked outside.

Of musical note, the band audibled to Halloween in the encore because fans chanted for it.

9/24/11 https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4299

Dave & Jane held a moderated chat / Q & A type discussion and Dave played a solo 3 song set. While Dave played, Jane sat in the seat in front of me, enjoying the performance just like the rest of us. I was sitting so close that I could hear Dave's voice & guitar without the amplification. It was my first time seeing Dave solo, in a small theatre and I even got Dave's guitar pick after the show.

10/22/11 https://antsmarching.org
    /tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4300

I didn't have a ticket to this show so I stood at the entrance hoping that someone walking in would have an extra. I only had to wait a few minutes and a nice lady walked up and put a ticket in my hand. It turned out to be pavilion seat, dead center, around 10-15 rows back (face value would have been a few hundred for sure). I didn't realize that until after the nice lady walked away, and only realized it when I went to find my seat.

Bridge School is a neat event but there is a lot of down time between sets, fortunately this allowed me to chat with the nice lady and her friends. They were coming and going a lot, but they were all music enthusiasts, so I felt like I was in good company. They were very curious who I was there to see and of course I was happy to respond that I was there to see Dave Matthews. After one of the sets, the nice lady and one of her friends departed briefly, leaving me with just one new friend. I asked her how she and her friend's got such great tickets and she says something to the effect of 'the woman who gave you that ticket is Livia Tortella the co-president of Warner Brothers Records, and the other guy is Bill Werde, the editor of Billboard Magazine.' At that point I'm thinking, and who the fuck are you, the Easter Bunny? No, as it turns out she was the president or co-president of Warner films. No big deal, just me and the industry big wigs enjoying a show. Long story short I made new friends that night, and Livia gave me a free 4 pack of seats for the next night's show. All tolled it was $1K+ in free tickets and a genuinely incredible experience.

-----

here are 3 more noteworthy top experiences.

11/5/15 https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4590

"being lost somewhere in Paris" became more than a lyric, it was a lived moment.

1/16/14 https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4457

Dave nailing the Dixie Chicken interpolation during Crash, while being in the heart of Dixieland. The way the crowd roared was pretty magical.

12/18/12 https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4384

Stefan played the Star Spangled Banner, perhaps not knowing the history of the song in Baltimore (https://conduitstreet.mdcounties.org...es-came-to-be/. Stefan seemed surprised when the crowd erupted with "O's"

------

If I'm going strictly historical/music/set based shows my top 3 are probably: 7/30/03, 9/12/04 and 1/16/04... maybe 8/7/04 too.
    Wow, great stories. Really enjoyed this post. Thank you!
    Old 09-27-2021, 08:17 PM   #49
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    if those old members have attitudes like yours, hopefully they stay hidden
    Old 09-28-2021, 12:16 AM   #50
    crounsa810

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    1. 6/13/09
    2. 11/13/10

Kinda a tie for 3. 5/28/10 comes to mind. This past Spac N2 is up there. Vegas 2020 is also in the running and so is AC Caravan N3.
    So essentially what I get from this post is I’m happy you’ll be at MSG because it seems like good shows follow you.
    Old 09-28-2021, 03:38 AM   #51
    GraceBuckley

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wow, as a defnitely older member, it is such a deflating balloon bummer that you would say that!

We all have our opinions and we all have our times when maybe we wish we'd caught onto something earlier than we did, but the amazing experiences we DO have are still amazing, regardless of whether others feel theirs were "more amazing".

If someone's first DMB show was in 2018 and it blew their mind, that's what it's all about! List that shit, because it was YOUR top attended show, and every person's top shows matter!
    GraceBuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-28-2021, 03:41 AM   #52
    GraceBuckley

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wow, as a definitely older member, it is such a deflating balloon bummer that you would say that!

We all have our opinions and we all have our times when maybe we wish we'd caught onto something earlier than we did, but the amazing experiences we DO have are still amazing, regardless of whether others feel theirs were "more amazing".

If someone's first DMB show was in 2018 and it blew their mind, that's what it's all about! List that shit, because it was YOUR top attended show, and every person's top shows matter!
    Old 09-28-2021, 03:59 AM   #53
    GraceBuckley

My Tour Central Stats

Sorry for double post, Admins feel free to delete one since I don't seem able to...
    Old 09-28-2021, 04:49 AM   #54
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Would like to see this. What video are you referencing?
    It was sent to me, I'll see if I can find it. Not sure if it got posted in that years show thread or not.
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-28-2021, 05:11 AM   #55
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

09.16.2003 - first show, still best show
    Red Rocks 2005 N3 - awesome show, and the halloween moment was really cool
    N2 Gorge 2004 - Really good setlist
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-28-2021, 05:34 AM   #56
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Then just skip them
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-28-2021, 06:43 AM   #57
    Recently31

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

8/21/98 Charlotte. Was my first show.

3/29/03 Boone NC. It was my first dave and tim show. So bad ass. Plus we lived next to the venue so didn’t have to drive in the blizzard after.

N2 spac 21. Just a great show. The crowd and the band were electric.
    Recently31 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-28-2021, 07:12 AM   #58
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

7/25/00 - This is my all time, hands down, best show I've seen from this band. The buzz about the new songs was insane, and they were good, really good. Ben Harper as an opener and then he came out for Watchtower.

8/13/98 - My first show. It was raining as they came on stage. Warehouse opener. Then the sky cleared and it was a perfect evening. Until the crickets. But hey, I got to hear the first Spoon because of it. The house lights came on after Stay and it was quite an introduction to the band.

5/8/09 - It's not the best set but it's Vegas. My wife and I went out there for my 29th birthday on 5/9 (wish I could have gotten tickets to that show instead) and made the most out of our Vegas weekend.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-28-2021, 07:47 AM   #59
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Man, I'm old.

7.25.01 Nashville w/Flecktones
    8.11.02 Deer Creek
    5.9.01 Oak Mountain (in the rain)

and the 3.29.03 D&T in Boone with the aforementioned snowstorm the night of the show.
    twostepr41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-28-2021, 07:55 AM   #60
    crushme5

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GraceBuckley View Post
    Wow, as a definitely older member, it is such a deflating balloon bummer that you would say that!

I'm an older member.

I've been to 56 shows and the most memorable to me are:
    6/5/97 - My First Show, Finger Lakes
    4/18/98 - BTCS Release Show / Roanoke, VA
    1/27/99 - First D&T show
    5/25/99 - Giants Stadium w/ Carlos Santana guesting
    9/11/99 - Listener Supported Show, East Rutherford, NJ
    7/21/00 - Ralph Wilson Stadium Buffalo. Awesome tailgating and the rain during Bartender and Grey Street was really cool.
    9/5-9/7/08 - Greek Theatre Cal Berkley - really intimate shows at an awesome venue
    crushme5 is offline   Reply With Quote