*** Official Chicago 2018 Thread *** - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-19-2018, 11:27 AM   #61
lockman21
Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Chicago 2018 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by chughes919 View Post
Wicker is the worst. Boooo.
This is weird.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #62
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 134

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kba4321 View Post
    Does anyone know if the GA Pit tix through live nation is a max of 2 or max of 4? I am in same boat as everyone else, don't want the seats, but don't want to get shut out of the pit. Debating rather to request through warehouse or just try through live nation.
    Limit is probably 2,
    Chicago pit is HUGE.

Had no problem scoring a dozen pits in 2014.

Even picked up one on Stubhub for face day of the show and picked up at the Stubhub location on Randolph.

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #63
    Kevtalia
    Bar10der K

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    With how large the pit is not sure I would bother with premium for Northerly, but to each their own. Just don't think it's worth it.

Money is probably better spent contacting Live Nation VIP about the covered/raised boxes.
    I had the Premium in 2014 when they came to Northerly Island and loved it. My wife can't stand the PIT for fear of being next to / near people that will bump and drunkenly sway.
    Old 01-19-2018, 01:27 PM   #64
    smartace039

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

We are excited to head back to Chicago again this summer. Best summer time city in the world. Here are two videos from 2017 that I just got around to uploading today:
    Out of My Hands:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx_mpuZwpF8
    Save Me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkveUINjg0
    smartace039 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #65
    Crush Me DMB

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

If I request tix through Warehouse, and get a section I don’t want, am I locked in to whatever is assigned to me? IE, do I need to pay for them?
    Crush Me DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #66
    DEMITRI

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I asked this question in the tour thread, so here it is again:

I've never requested tickets before from the warehouse but I did the day the dates went up. I requested 2 GA Pit standing tickets for Chicago Night 1 (Opted out for Lawn) and 4 GA Pit standing tickets for Chicago Night 2. What are the chances I get any or all or none of these? How does this work? I've been a member of the warehouse since 2011, forgot to pay in 2014 and then rejoined in 2015. Does seniority have anything to do with this? Is it basically just a lottery? Since I asked for GA Pit for all the tickets am I at least guaranteed (or have a high chance) of at least getting either the $115 Reserved Seats or the $85 Reserved seats? Does opting out of Lawn give you a better chance of getting the seats you want? I see people discussing this stuff all the time but never pay attention to it since I usually just sit Lawn at alpine but I hate the lawn/general admission at northerly which is why Im hoping I get these tickets.

Also, If I dont get pit or reserved seating through the warehouse im assuming its even harder in the public sale. How helpful are people around here with getting people tickets who got screwed through the warehouse? Really wanna see my favorite band in my hometown in good seats/pit.

Thanks in advance to whoever answers!
    DEMITRI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #67
    DEMITRI

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crush Me DMB View Post
    If I request tix through Warehouse, and get a section I don’t want, am I locked in to whatever is assigned to me? IE, do I need to pay for them?
    If they give you anything but lawn, ill gladly buy them from you if you dont want them.
    Old 01-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #68
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DEMITRI View Post
    I asked this question in the tour thread, so here it is again:

I've never requested tickets before from the warehouse but I did the day the dates went up. I requested 2 GA Pit standing tickets for Chicago Night 1 (Opted out for Lawn) and 4 GA Pit standing tickets for Chicago Night 2. What are the chances I get any or all or none of these? How does this work? I've been a member of the warehouse since 2011, forgot to pay in 2014 and then rejoined in 2015. Does seniority have anything to do with this? Is it basically just a lottery? Since I asked for GA Pit for all the tickets am I at least guaranteed (or have a high chance) of at least getting either the $115 Reserved Seats or the $85 Reserved seats? Does opting out of Lawn give you a better chance of getting the seats you want? I see people discussing this stuff all the time but never pay attention to it since I usually just sit Lawn at alpine but I hate the lawn/general admission at northerly which is why Im hoping I get these tickets.

Also, If I dont get pit or reserved seating through the warehouse im assuming its even harder in the public sale. How helpful are people around here with getting people tickets who got screwed through the warehouse? Really wanna see my favorite band in my hometown in good seats/pit.

Thanks in advance to whoever answers!
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong -

It's a lottery on if you get approved/declined, but the quality of your seats then is seniority. Right?

You're not guaranteed anything. You could get completely denied for both shows. You should be fine on the boards here if you get declined. Do you have a Citi card? They have a presale too.
    Old 01-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #69
    DEMITRI

My Tour Central Stats

Just did some back reading and noticed some people dont want their seats if they are not pit, if I dont get lucky through the warehouse, I would gladly buy the other reserved seating. just putting it out there.
    Old 01-19-2018, 03:56 PM   #70
    DEMITRI

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lockman21 View Post

It's a lottery on if you get approved/declined, but the quality of your seats then is seniority. Right?

You're not guaranteed anything. You could get completely denied for both shows. You should be fine on the boards here if you get declined. Do you have a Citi card? They have a presale too.
    Interesting.

And no I don't, but when is the Citi peresale anyways?
    Old 01-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #71
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

Citi presale is Tuesday before regular onsale

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 01-20-2018, 09:02 AM   #72
    Crush Me DMB

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DEMITRI View Post
    If they give you anything but lawn, ill gladly buy them from you if you dont want them.
    I’ll keep you posted.
    Crush Me DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #73
    Zags85

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lockman21 View Post

There is a random night on 2 night stops. This year N1 is random and N2 seniority within the levels for seat assignments.
    Zags85 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #74
    raven rr
    summer tour :woot

Shows Seen: 98

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Chicago might be on the agenda this year. If we score pit from WH, then it's likely to happen
    Old 01-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #75
    Floyd47

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    2nd this, it's amazing. Have to do the one that is affiliated with the Chicago Architectural Foundation.
    That's the boat tour I did. It was phenomenal.
    Old 01-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #76
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by raven rr View Post
    Chicago might be on the agenda this year. If we score pit from WH, then it's likely to happen

Pits are pretty easy to get through Ticketmaster too

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 01-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #77
    grandmaaggie

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Damn just requested seats for these shows (first time seeing a show in Chicago). Now I’m wondering if that was a bad idea? But I plan on making the most of it. What are the best restaurants to hit up in the area?
    Old 01-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #78
    mdel21

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I love Urbanbelly.
    mdel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-21-2018, 06:12 PM   #79
    marine

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Really good Italian place called nonina. All the pasta is homemade
    marine is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2018, 05:31 AM   #80
    DMBWrigley2010

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grandmaaggie View Post
    Damn just requested seats for these shows (first time seeing a show in Chicago). Now I’m wondering if that was a bad idea? But I plan on making the most of it. What are the best restaurants to hit up in the area?
    Staying near the venue or elsewhere? West Loop is close and has some of the best restaurants in the city (Swift & Sons, Girl & the Goat, Roister, etc).

Cindy's on Michigan is a really awesome rooftop spot for a few drinks.

Most of what's right in the loop is cookie cutter type restaurants.

On a much more laid back scene, scout is always a favorite before anything at Soldier Field or NI. Much more sports bar feel with good food.
    Might have been
    DMBWrigley2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2018, 07:06 AM   #81
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grandmaaggie View Post
    Why would it be a bad idea? You're seeing DMB on the lakefront in one of the best summer cities on earth. Hoping the late-June dates will be before it gets really brutally hot too (usually mid July-mid August are the worst here as far as heat.)

Seriously the complaints about the venue are way over-exaggerated. It's fine. Perfect? No, far from. As good as Alpine? No, not even close.

If you wanna do tailgating, spring the $40 or $50 for the VIP parking lot. It's the Adler Planetarium lot and it's literally steps from the entrance to the venue. They'll let you tailgate there all afternoon (or at least they did for us in 2014.) Not sure about grilling, we didn't attempt but that might be off limits, not sure.

Otherwise, do city stuff during the day. The South Loop is a really up and coming area that's convenient to the venue with a ton of bars and restaurants. Find parking on SpotHero or ParkWhiz, pre-game somewhere down there, and then either walk (about 20-30 mins depending on exactly where you are) or take an Uber/Lyft over to the venue. (Have them drop you off around the museum campus and walk the rest of the way to avoid the worst of the traffic going in.) Ubers can be impossible to grab and/or mad expensive right after the show, so just walk it back from there to your car in the South Loop and you'll be out of the shit venue traffic when you get back.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2018, 07:35 AM   #82
    marine

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I have a boat at burnham harbor and I know you can pay to park in that lot which is right in front of NI. may be around 30 bucks? not sure. I know people did that for bears games and were grilling out on the grass in front of the boats. you just cant get onto the docks. obviously
    marine is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #83
    grandmaaggie

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    Why would it be a bad idea? You're seeing DMB on the lakefront in one of the best summer cities on earth. Hoping the late-June dates will be before it gets really brutally hot too (usually mid July-mid August are the worst here as far as heat.)

Seriously the complaints about the venue are way over-exaggerated. It's fine. Perfect? No, far from. As good as Alpine? No, not even close.

If you wanna do tailgating, spring the $40 or $50 for the VIP parking lot. It's the Adler Planetarium lot and it's literally steps from the entrance to the venue. They'll let you tailgate there all afternoon (or at least they did for us in 2014.) Not sure about grilling, we didn't attempt but that might be off limits, not sure.

Otherwise, do city stuff during the day. The South Loop is a really up and coming area that's convenient to the venue with a ton of bars and restaurants. Find parking on SpotHero or ParkWhiz, pre-game somewhere down there, and then either walk (about 20-30 mins depending on exactly where you are) or take an Uber/Lyft over to the venue. (Have them drop you off around the museum campus and walk the rest of the way to avoid the worst of the traffic going in.) Ubers can be impossible to grab and/or mad expensive right after the show, so just walk it back from there to your car in the South Loop and you'll be out of the shit venue traffic when you get back.
    I will more than likely get a hotel that’s close. Yeah the only thing that had me second guessing was all the negative comments on the venue. When you are used to Alpine most other venues don’t hold up. But we still always have a great time. Been to the gorge and would still rather go to Alpine because of the energy you feel from the crowd and usually the band.
    Old 01-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #84
    Kevtalia
    Bar10der K

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Pending charge for N1 Premium x 2 @ $325 and pending charge for N2 Reserved x 2 @ $115!

Let's go!!!!!
    Old 01-24-2018, 07:48 AM   #85
    zaj128
    The King In The North

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Niceeeee, hoping for some pit pending charges myself.

Twitter/IG:
    @Zaj128
    zaj128 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #86
    couldihavebeenU

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Pending for N1x2 and N2x2 reserved @115, now we wait
    couldihavebeenU is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2018, 08:11 AM   #87
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

My Tour Central Stats

We're seeing pending charges already? Damn that was fast... <<runs to check AMEX account>>

Old 01-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #88
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

My Tour Central Stats

Hmm, requested 3 shows Pit (Deer Creek X2, Chicago N2 - friend is getting N1) - got a pending for $270.50 which would indicate just one of the 3 got approved.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:22 AM   #89
    pcable89

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Wife and I are hoping to take a trip to Chicago for the weekend and catch one of the two shows (not a WH member so obviously did not put in for any tickets yet). Once they go on sale to the lowly general public like myself, which night would you guys go for, N1 or N2?
    pcable89 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #90
    Chumlee67
    A.K.A. Marshmont

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Made request for both nights (first time trip to Chicago). No temps. Make requests for 3 other shows. No temps. I know not to get my hopes up or down either way, but it still gives ya that sinking feeling in your stomach.

List of Officially Released Tracks:
    Thread -- Website / Document (Defunct) / Sheet (Defunct)
    Last Update: 09/06/2019
    Chumlee67 is offline   Reply With Quote