*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 7488 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-03-2020, 07:29 PM   #224611
scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

I liked beer. I still like beer.
scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #224612
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

<3 u rahj
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #224613
    scrock25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    Feel like I shut down all of that nonsense with the summer/winter tire post.
    Might snow here on Easter Sunday. Can’t wait.
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:32 PM   #224614
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

A little house cleaning during a pandemic Friday evening.

Snitches get stitches.

@KenDilanianNBC
    The president has notified Congress that he is removing the inspector general for the intelligence community, the official who helped make sure Congress got the Ukraine whistleblower complaint. The firing will take effect in 30 days, according to a letter obtained by NBC News.
    https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/s...60448296607747
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:32 PM   #224615
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdmarvich View Post
    Why no beer?
    Stopped later last year when I got my diagnosis and started treatment.

It’s sucked but, big picture, it’s not a big deal. As long as everything, health wise, goes back to normal for me, I can start having some beers. At this point, those three things may align, so it would just feel really, really nice if they did.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:33 PM   #224616
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    I liked beer. I still like beer.
    Is that a Mitch Hedberg reference?
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:35 PM   #224617
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Mitch Hedberg woulda made a better Supreme Court justice than Justice Boof
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #224618
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Been drinking lots of beer in isolation.
    My neighbor upstairs drinks beer and sometimes when I see him with one, I turn into a beer drinking version of Patrick Bateman during the business card scene.

“Look at the tasteful thickness. The lettering. Oh my god, it even has a watermark!!!”
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:37 PM   #224619
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    Bela Fleck Fridays and Widespread Sundays? Best pandemic ever!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    I believe Phish is Tuesdays or Wednesdays

String Cheese on Fridays as well

Dead & Co on Saturdays too!

https://www.jambase.com/article/dead...ht-eugene-2018

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #224620
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My neighbor upstairs drinks beer and sometimes when I see him with one, I turn into a beer drinking version of Patrick Bateman during the business card scene.

“Look at the tasteful thickness. The lettering. Oh my god, it even has a watermark!!!”
    That's funny. Hope you get well enough to enjoy it again my friend. I'll drink an extra one in your honor tonight.
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #224621
    scrock25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Is that a Mitch Hedberg reference?
    No, but coincidentally enough I referenced the escalator/stairs bit on FB tonight in response to a Friend’s post.
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:51 PM   #224622
    FromTheMorning

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

To the sane conservatives/Republicans in here: How do you view the 2020 election as it currently looks to be set? Biden vs. Trump

edit: Trying to get some insight into my dad's mindset

Last edited by FromTheMorning; 04-03-2020 at 07:53 PM.
    FromTheMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #224623
    ricky towel

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/sta...523453957?s=21
    ricky towel is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-03-2020, 08:18 PM   #224624
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FromTheMorning View Post
    To the sane conservatives/Republicans in here: How do you view the 2020 election as it currently looks to be set? Biden vs. Trump

edit: Trying to get some insight into my dad's mindset
    Not sure this applies to me but I'll give it a whirl!!

I posted a while back that I thought the democratic primary would be the "real" election but now I'm not so sure.

It seems to me, and maybe I'm not up to date on the left, that Bernie and Biden have been pretty quiet about the pandemic. Not sure if the strategy is to just let Trump disintegrate or what but I'm not sure that's going to be the best strategy. If Trump were to somehow deal with pandemic better, I think he'd be a near lock for the election. But he keeps doing and saying dumb things at this point that I think will make it impossible for him to win. BUT, I kept saying that to myself in 2016 and here we are.

With the above said, I did go "on record" in here when this thing first started to become news and mentinoed that any politician just saying "hey, maybe don't go out" wasn't going to work and I feel that's been proven as people aren't even listening to their governors or mayors.

However, for the past month, Trump should have been doing a lot more and the political climate for him to "shut down states" is well past and still there. He couldn't have played that card earlier and, if we're being honest, I highly doubt any president would have. While that may sounds fucked up, that's just the way it is. So, long story short, there's a chance that Biden and Bernie sitting out may help Trump in the end.

Also, here is the post I made about Biden previously (10/2019 - seems like a lifetime ago).

https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/s...stcount=177717
    Old 04-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #224625
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Snitches get stitches.

@KenDilanianNBC
    The president has notified Congress that he is removing the inspector general for the intelligence community, the official who helped make sure Congress got the Ukraine whistleblower complaint. The firing will take effect in 30 days, according to a letter obtained by NBC News.

Great time for it. A late Friday news dump amidst a Pandemic is about the perfect time to be vengeful.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-03-2020, 08:25 PM   #224626
    Dave G

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Stopped later last year when I got my diagnosis and started treatment.

It’s sucked but, big picture, it’s not a big deal. As long as everything, health wise, goes back to normal for me, I can start having some beers. At this point, those three things may align, so it would just feel really, really nice if they did.
    I hope they do. You deserve a few for sure

Won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone
    No I'm just tryin' to have me some fun
    Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-03-2020, 08:25 PM   #224627
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    <3 u rahj
    Quote:
    I'll drink an extra one in your honor tonight.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave G View Post
    I hope they do. You deserve a few for sure
    All kidding aside and as much shit as we (the thead) give each other back and forth, these type posts are what makes this place really great. I appreciate the support.

Last edited by rconverse; 04-03-2020 at 08:28 PM.
    Old 04-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #224628
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

*Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC 684)

Quote:
    All kidding aside and as much shit as we (the thead) give each other back and forth, these type posts are what makes this place really great. I appreciate the support.

You getting in on that shopper safety kit Monday am? Need me to log on and get you one?
    Old 04-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #224629
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Snitches get stitches.

@KenDilanianNBC
    It’s terrifying how little checks and balances would be in place if Trump got a second term.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #224630
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You getting in on that shopper safety kit Monday am? Need me to log on and get you one?
    Appreciate the offer but I'm okay mentally and physically, so I can still do all of this type stuff. Basically, if this biopsy comes back negative, I'm good to go. Not even thinking about it coming back positive at this point.

Anyway, I actually had a customer give me a little package with a couple of masks and some hand sanitizer. Turns out, they were worried about the whole strike thing and wanted me to become their personal shopper. They both have health issues plus they, literally, live less than a block from me (total coincidence and they still don't know), so I agreed. Since then I've made about $30 just for picking up odds and ends for them that I can do while I'm at the store for myself anyway. Kind of a total score.

But yeah, I'm going to get my little kit. There's no reason not to, imo.
    Old 04-03-2020, 08:44 PM   #224631
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Appreciate the offer but I'm okay mentally and physically, so I can still do all of this type stuff. Basically, if this biopsy comes back negative, I'm good to go. Not even thinking about it coming back positive at this point.

Anyway, I actually had a customer give me a little package with a couple of masks and some hand sanitizer. Turns out, they were worried about the whole strike thing and wanted me to become their personal shopper. They both have health issues plus they, literally, live less than a block from me (total coincidence and they still don't know), so I agreed. Since then I've made about $30 just for picking up odds and ends for them that I can do while I'm at the store for myself anyway. Kind of a total score.

But yeah, I'm going to get my little kit. There's no reason not to, imo.

Yeah I just meant one of my customers gave me some, you’re higher risk than I am. If you need a second one or if you were gonna be out and about just let me know, I’ll send you mine.
    Old 04-03-2020, 08:50 PM   #224632
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not sure this applies to me but I'll give it a whirl!!

I posted a while back that I thought the democratic primary would be the "real" election but now I'm not so sure.

It seems to me, and maybe I'm not up to date on the left, that Bernie and Biden have been pretty quiet about the pandemic. Not sure if the strategy is to just let Trump disintegrate or what but I'm not sure that's going to be the best strategy. If Trump were to somehow deal with pandemic better, I think he'd be a near lock for the election. But he keeps doing and saying dumb things at this point that I think will make it impossible for him to win. BUT, I kept saying that to myself in 2016 and here we are.

With the above said, I did go "on record" in here when this thing first started to become news and mentinoed that any politician just saying "hey, maybe don't go out" wasn't going to work and I feel that's been proven as people aren't even listening to their governors or mayors.

However, for the past month, Trump should have been doing a lot more and the political climate for him to "shut down states" is well past and still there. He couldn't have played that card earlier and, if we're being honest, I highly doubt any president would have. While that may sounds fucked up, that's just the way it is. So, long story short, there's a chance that Biden and Bernie sitting out may help Trump in the end.

Also, here is the post I made about Biden previously (10/2019 - seems like a lifetime ago).

https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/s...stcount=177717
    Was pretty much addressed to you, KY, and maybe jeep kid.

I’m more asking about voting. I personally find it disingenuous to put Biden and Trump on the same level of incompetence. I’m a Bernie fan; no supporter of Biden. Are they that equally terrible to you (the Royal you) that you’ll sit out? Overall I’m basically curious if rational conservatives have reached a tipping point with this guy yet. Is 4 more years of this sustainable? My opinions on him haven’t changed one iota since he’s been president. Now that this crisis has put him on display each night I can only hope it alarms some people. Whether it’s the Bernie bros or conservatives.
    Old 04-03-2020, 08:58 PM   #224633
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah I just meant one of my customers gave me some, you’re higher risk than I am. If you need a second one or if you were gonna be out and about just let me know, I’ll send you mine.
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it but I"m good.
    Old 04-03-2020, 09:12 PM   #224634
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Was pretty much addressed to you, KY, and maybe jeep kid.

I’m more asking about voting. I personally find it disingenuous to put Biden and Trump on the same level of incompetence. I’m a Bernie fan; no supporter of Biden. Are they that equally terrible to you (the Royal you) that you’ll sit out? Overall I’m basically curious if rational conservatives have reached a tipping point with this guy yet. Is 4 more years of this sustainable? My opinions on him haven’t changed one iota since he’s been president. Now that this crisis has put him on display each night I can only hope it alarms some people. Whether it’s the Bernie bros or conservatives.
    Well, in terms of voting, I'm not sure. I think it's most important for Biden to come out now and establish or re-establish his mental as well as leadership capabilities. I'm not trying to be all "conspiracy theory guy" either. However, when your own party, that's pretty much rallied behind you to beat Bernie*, is hiding you (or sure as heck seems to), I don't think that's going to sway conservative voters. His appearances have been pretty bad from what I've seen. (But again, Trump's aren't even close to better.)

In a weird way, and this goes contrary to what I posted in October, it's a horserace between Biden and Trump but neither seem to want to win, let alone run away with the race.

*I think we can all admit it's over for Bernie at this point (the royal we)

Last edited by rconverse; 04-03-2020 at 09:13 PM.
    Old 04-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #224635
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah I can’t say Biden as been one bit impressive. Just goes to show how whacked out I think Trump is. Maybe it comes down to Biden’s VP vs. Pence
    Old 04-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #224636
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

I have a hypotyhetical.... (And look, we could argue about past hypotheticals too but, at least, this one may give us something to hang our hats on later, so to speak.)

As I mentioned in an above post, I think that, right now, Trump and Biden would be a horserace (50/50). Two questions:

1.) If you don't think 50/50 what do you think the odds are now?

2.) Given whichever percents you applied (obvi have to add to 100%), what do you think the candidates have to do to "flip the script."

Now, just like in the SAW franchise, there are rules!!

Not really "rules" but be specific and, at least try to, be realistic with your expecations of anything working or even being worth saying at this point. (In other words, keep in mind asking people to stay inside doesn't exactly work. So to state, "I'd issue a nationwide lockdown" kind of needs more teeth, imo. - How would you implement that? Would you cut down or stop public transportation?)

In other words, play political strategist. Where do you think your campaign is now and where do you need to get it to bring things home?
    Old 04-03-2020, 09:29 PM   #224637
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

Trump pretty much “pulls a Biden” every time he speaks
    Old 04-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #224638
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah I can’t say Biden as been one bit impressive. Just goes to show how whacked out I think Trump is. Maybe it comes down to Biden’s VP vs. Pence
    Again, not trying to be "conspiracy theory guy" but if Biden can come across as normal for a long enough time, I could see rebublicans staying at home. I don't see many voters crossing the aisle on either side tbph. However, one side staying at home is a bit of a win for the other side.

The whole situation is so weird. Hell, if Trump just stopped tweeting his approval rating would probably shift 10%.
    Old 04-03-2020, 09:33 PM   #224639
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

I still think Trump is gonna win.
    Old 04-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #224640
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

Dem candidate should’ve been Pete, klobuchar, or Bernie