***Official West Palm Beach 2018 Thread *** - Page 14 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #391
Moose Thompson
F Them Kids

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official West Palm Beach 2018 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
Night 2 tape is great. Loved the show, just wish the encore was stronger. No excuse, in my opinion, to not do something with Pig, Two Step, etc down in that encore.
That's the whole thing. I had a lot of fun N2, definitely felt much better than n1.

Move Come Tomorrow into the main set, lose one of the other repeats, close with Pig, Two Step and we'd be in here talking about having our faces melted off.

The frustration of how small changes like that totally change the night is what drives me personally crazy.

Come Tomorrow repeat in the encore was a massive bummer for me and several of my friends who aren't really part of the set list complaint crowd.

I understand why he played Come Tomorrow both nights but good lord it didn't need to be the encore both nights.

Edit to add the opening run N1 was great and had me feeling we were getting something special.
Moose Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #392
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Where can I find the N2 tape?
    seanbrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2018, 04:32 AM   #393
    42km
    Drive In : Dive Out

Shows Seen: 141

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    Where can I find the N2 tape?
    DMB Hub App: Tour Central, 2018, July 28 show: play button top right gets you all show tracks.

Europe 2024: Milan, Florence
    Summer 2024: Alpine x 2, SPAC x 2, Gorge x 3
    42km is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2018, 05:01 AM   #394
    Prezzy

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I wanted to wait a bit before posting my take on the WPB shows.

N1- the set was blah. Sounded great though. I think Typ Sitch was my favorite part.

I was in pit for the first time in this venue. Like others said the heat was like nothing I've ever experienced. I was dripping with sweat. And I'm born and raised in FL. In such a small pit we walked in 10 min until show time and was like 6 people back from rail in the center. Awesome. Loved the vibe in there lots of diehards. Towards the end of the show it started filling in like crazy. I had a guy spill his drink on my head. Then some goon came up behind me and tried to literally shove me out of the way as he tried to cram up front for the Encore. I turned around and told him to gtfo and he did. People around me thanked me because no one else was going to say something to this douche. A little while before that some drunk college age kid taps my shoulder and said this is my friends spot. I'm like... No... I have been here for 3 hours gtfo. And he walked away. The last 30 minutes in that pit sucked because I had to fight off these bafoons.

N2 - I had sec 2 lowers. Amazing seats. Much more relaxing than the pit and not much further behind. Way too many repeats. But enjoyed a few songs I've never heard live. Mid set Watchtower was badass but damn that crowd was feening for a Two Step closer. Crowd around me was sitting and on their phones for 80% of the show. Heard a girl to my right complaining about how much she paid for her seats. I'm guessing Stub hub purchase. She literally only stood up for You & Meh. I really only have a complaint about the Encore. Come tomorrow just killed the energy in there. I saw people just bail and head for the lots. It was crazy... I was holding out hope for a TD closer or Two Step but it wasn't meant to be.

Overall, the weekend was a blast. We had a house rented down there and explored some breweries and lounged by the pool during the day. WPB tailgate scene is amazing. Had a great time out there and met some really awesome people. I wish we got better sets with The Stone and Two Step etc but I did for the most part dance my ass off.
    Prezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2018, 08:56 PM   #395
    dpduke5173

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Just relistened to that Bartender. Really good. Most dynamic version in years honestly.
    Old 08-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #396
    Speno32

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dpduke5173 View Post
    Just relistened to that Bartender. Really good. Most dynamic version in years honestly.
    So great, 2nd best moment of the weekend, after Typical (personal favorite )
    Speno32 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #397
    elmachobaracho

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Bartender was the most memorable song of FL run for me and one of the best versions of the song I've ever heard. Once Buddy came on strong at the end, there was this moment of excitement where, despite having heard this song a ton, I had no ability to anticipate what would happen next and you're just along for the ride, like the first time you hear a song live and it begins to depart from the album version. Those moments are why you come back year after year, when they take something old and make it feel new and exciting (as opposed to the actual new songs which aren't too exciting on the whole). Buddy definitely helps in that department and I hope he sticks around regardless of whether the violin sound comes back.
    elmachobaracho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #398
    elmachobaracho

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Looking forward to listening to the Sirius rip of WPB n2 this week
    elmachobaracho is offline   Reply With Quote