*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 8903 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-08-2020, 08:27 AM   #267061
YouKnowThatItIS
Go Bucks!

Shows Seen: 124

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokew11 View Post
how do they know these people were never exposed to covid though, unless they lived in a controlled experiment

I think they are saying some people in the past had a corona virus or similar virus. Not that they had Covid-19. It’s in the article plus there was a doctor on Smerconish this morning clarifying the article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-08-2020, 08:32 AM   #267062
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arby View Post
    The stuff with the post office is not good...at all.

I’m really not one for hyperbole or the overly dramatic, but this election feels like it’s going to be either the end of the Republican Party, or the end of democracy in America as we know it. These people are doing everything they can to stay in power

I have thought this since the Tea party due to the rising of the racists within the Republican Party. Then Trump solidified my perspective. This seems to be the only outcome to me. Death of the Republican Party or death of democracy as we know it. But each time I’ve expressed this it’s been met with “muh... that’s hyperbolic.”

Old 08-08-2020, 08:33 AM   #267063
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Just did early voting for the local primary election. Early voting is the absolute best.
    Old 08-08-2020, 08:38 AM   #267064
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/polit...eck/index.html

He truly is just the most pathetic President of all time.
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 08:50 AM   #267065
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouKnowThatItIS View Post
    I have thought this since the Tea party due to the rising of the racists within the Republican Party. Then Trump solidified my perspective. This seems to be the only outcome to me. Death of the Republican Party or death of democracy as we know it. But each time I’ve expressed this it’s been met with “muh... that’s hyperbolic.”

It’s hyperbolic until it isn’t. And it’s not like 1 huge shift happens suddenly, it’s a lot of things over time. I hope I’m overthinking it but it really doesn’t seem that way
    Old 08-08-2020, 08:54 AM   #267066
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/polit...eck/index.html

He truly is just the most pathetic President of all time.

This quote from the orange menace describes exactly what Republicans have been doing for decades. It’s a strategy they furthered and advanced during the Obama years. This is a political strategy that Republicans have perfected. Yet I am sure his base eats this shit up. Can’t wait for the memes about democratic obstructionists.

“The Democrats are cheating on the election. Because that's exactly what they're doing. If you look at what they're doing even with these negotiations. That's an influence, and an unfair influence, on an election," he said.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:56 AM   #267067
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arby View Post
    It’s hyperbolic until it isn’t. And it’s not like 1 huge shift happens suddenly, it’s a lot of things over time. I hope I’m overthinking it but it really doesn’t seem that way

I think the slow long drip of this shift is the reason many people don’t see this end result. A person has to have studied or paid attention to politics for decades to get the long view.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #267068
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

This dude is all about projection. It's all he's done, all he knows for a defense. "They're cheating because I cheat!"

Cazz, hit us with that post one more time.
    Old 08-08-2020, 10:00 AM   #267069
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

So if both sides are worried about cheating with the mail, does that even it out?

I’m not as worried about cheating as I am about the incompetence. I’ll probably just drop my ballot off in person. Is that an option everywhere? Or just my state?

Also, this will be the first time using a mail in ballot... is there a way to double check to make sure your ballot was received and counted?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 10:07 AM   #267070
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    So if both sides are worried about cheating with the mail, does that even it out?

I’m not as worried about cheating as I am about the incompetence. I’ll probably just drop my ballot off in person. Is that an option everywhere? Or just my state?

Also, this will be the first time using a mail in ballot... is there a way to double check to make sure your ballot was received and counted?

There was a tent set up outside my polling place today that was for dropping off mail-in ballots.
    Old 08-08-2020, 10:08 AM   #267071
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Both sides are not "worried" about cheating with the mail. One side is lying, creating a false boogeyman when all the evidence and history contradicts it. The other side is worried, because they see an obvious effort to cheat, disenfranchise, and affect the vote.

One side is playing by the rules, the other isnt. The side that is actually cheating, is trying to blame their cheating on an invented "cheat" that has no being in reality.

There is no "both sides"ism to prescribe.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 10:11 AM   #267072
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Sources told me they were going to cheat, very good sources. So now I HAVE to cheat, just to keep up! Its their fault I'm cheating! Blame them for bringing this on themselves.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #267073
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Here in the Golden State, the answer to both of your questions is mostly yes. You can drop off in person and they do have a tracker system.

Not sure every state has those same rules, though
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 10:45 AM   #267074
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    In Washington State you rip off a stub with a unique code on it. You can than enter that stub number into a website that confirms whether your ballot was received and recorded. You can see each vote listed.
    Old 08-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #267075
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Trump looking to get on Mt Rushmore:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/93021...uding-likeness
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/08/u....co/pTPfdX6b2o
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #267076
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

NEW: Last week, aides and advisers began pondering possible executive actions Trump could take to curb mail-in voting — everything from directing the postal service to not deliver certain ballots to stopping local officials from counting them
    https://t.co/sEOEaFuSZg

https://twitter.com/anitakumar01/sta...292681728?s=19

From my understanding I'm supposed to take solace in the fact that he likely won't do these things. And I'm not supposed to be concerned that they are even considering them.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #267077
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post

One funny thing in that piece is that the South Dakota Governor gave Trump a picture with his face added to the mountain with the other Pres. This caused some in the Trump and Pence camp to become worried that she was seeking to replace Pence on the 2020 ticket. So the SD Governor had to go to the White House to assure Pence that she was not trying to replace him. The egos involved led to people acting like middle school children. If you made up shit like this no one would believe it.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #267078
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

When you know you're fucked:

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/...67793333268480

Edit: I see Cazzie has already did done posted this here
    Old 08-08-2020, 11:51 AM   #267079
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    NEW: Last week, aides and advisers began pondering possible executive actions Trump could take to curb mail-in voting — everything from directing the postal service to not deliver certain ballots to stopping local officials from counting them

From my understanding I'm supposed to take solace in the fact that he likely won't do these things. And I'm not supposed to be concerned that they are even considering them.

Wait... we’ve been told that “both sides” are the problem with mail in voting. So this stuff must be going on by the Dems too.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:55 AM   #267080
    mdel21

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

If you can go to the grocery store and a protest, you can go to the voting booth! Just need to win elections.
    mdel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 11:57 AM   #267081
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Trump does NOT want to make this an election about restricting the vote. That will backfire spectacularly.

This is part of the problem Republicans continue to experience with this guy. He says the quiet parts out loud. The GOP would much prefer he just allow the voting suppression to go on in silence in the shadows.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 12:05 PM   #267082
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post

"So if both sides are worried about cheating with the mail, does that even it out?"
    Old 08-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #267083
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

So, a thread about all the ways Trump is cheating/breaking rules and laws in the 2020 Election.

This is a big issue, and we need to be talking about it.

Let's start w/his visit to Ohio yesterday.

https://twitter.com/simonwdc/status/...852760065?s=21
    Old 08-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #267084
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

*Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC 684)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Trump does NOT want to make this an election about restricting the vote. That will backfire spectacularly.

This is part of the problem Republicans continue to experience with this guy. He says the quiet parts out loud. The GOP would much prefer he just allow the voting suppression to go on in silence in the shadows.

I agree. But I also think the fact that he says the quiet parts out loud is one of the reasons he is so popular with his cult. They get oiled up over the fact that a politician speaks their language. It’s also why QAnon is gaining a foothold in the party.

I’m not sure the other Republicans have the ability to turn this around in their favor at this point. And I’m also equally unsure if the majority of the party wants to even try to stop this. There are many who believe going this route will lead to enabling them to stem the tide of liberal policies.

Last edited by YouKnowThatItIS; 08-08-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    YouKnowThatItIS is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 12:25 PM   #267085
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    So, a thread about all the ways Trump is cheating/breaking rules and laws in the 2020 Election.

This is a big issue, and we need to be talking about it.

Let's start w/his visit to Ohio yesterday.

https://twitter.com/simonwdc/status/...852760065?s=21

If they break every rule and law then it all becomes noise and they can claim the other side is over reacting because of how much they protest. It is strategy number one in the Trump playbook.

I found this one in that thread that could be the most effective with changing the outcome. It’s what they did to HRC.

https://twitter.com/simonwdc/status/...841373189?s=21

Old 08-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #267086
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Man what a ratio on this tweet

https://twitter.com/daniellemuscato/...712023041?s=21
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 01:07 PM   #267087
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydmb99 View Post
    majestic ratio
    Old 08-08-2020, 01:09 PM   #267088
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    majestic ratio
    12.5k comments, 1.5k likes... beautiful.
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #267089
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydmb99 View Post
    Why am I on the side of the person being ratioed?
    Old 08-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #267090
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    Why am I on the side of the person being ratioed?
    You're on the wrong side. Shame the person not wearing a mask. Not the manager who is just trying to get through the day.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote