thanks Ree, I am beyond addicted now

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-01-2004, 07:54 AM   #62
    dmbnj79

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Soprano's

I can give the Sopranos tour too. I've been certified already.
    dmbnj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2004, 08:04 PM   #63
    bdfresh62

Shows Seen: 33

My Tour Central Stats

So what did everyone think of tonights episode? I liked it, but it wasn't as good as last weeks.

My Stats
    bdfresh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2004, 08:08 PM   #64
    willnole
    Jack's Back.

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

I'm still pretty disappointed. It hasn't regained the edge it lost 2 seasons ago.

www.jesseyoungmusic.com

"This job would be great if it weren't for the fucking customers"
    willnole is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-05-2004, 05:22 AM   #65
    gloco
    Novice taper

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

It was ok, i'm getting really sick and tired of all the drama about Tony's personality...i think it was a huge mistake to separate the Soprano's, but i imagine it's a sign that Tony is going to fall from grace eventually.
    Old 04-05-2004, 05:48 AM   #66
    Matt

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I think last night's ep. was the best since season 3. The intensity of the Tony/Chrissy situation was amazing - I know my heart was pounding. The telephone game was awesome. Junior: "And then he came all over the visor"
    Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-05-2004, 06:31 AM   #67
    mihighdavehead
    Drinkin big whiskey

Shows Seen: 74

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Last night's episode was great!! It is shaping up like Christopher just might kill Adrianna after all. I thought he was going to last night She is so hot, but so stupid. I seriously thought Tony was going to kill Chris...pretty intense. I am surprised that Tony went back to Dr. Melfi for help and then acted as if nothing happened between them I think they are trying to soften Tony's character by showing he is confused and vulnerable with his personal life...if only he didn't piss off Carmela. He's learning the hard way that you "pay for what you get." Episodes are getting gradually better week to week.
    Old 04-05-2004, 08:47 AM   #68
    bdfresh62

My Tour Central Stats

Is it just me or is Carmlea being very selfish? Everytime Tony goes over there she is complaining about something and calling him an asshole. To me she is being very selfish and not willing to forgive Tony for anything.

My Stats
    Old 04-05-2004, 08:54 AM   #69
    dmb1spe

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

F that ho. He should make her sleep with the fishes.
    dmb1spe is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-05-2004, 09:47 AM   #70
    OklahomaMama

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matt
    I think last night's ep. was the best since season 3. The intensity of the Tony/Chrissy situation was amazing - I know my heart was pounding. The telephone game was awesome. Junior: "And then he came all over the visor"
    i agree.... i almost spit my pop out @ junior's line

funny how tony tried to do the right thing by avoiding temptation and it STILL turned around and bit him in the ass.

and carmella has turned the word "cunt" into a whole new dynamic :
    OklahomaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-05-2004, 10:19 AM   #71
    kas141
    celebrate we will...

Shows Seen: 83

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I almost died laughing when Tony brought AJ back to Carmela, left the pizza on the floor, stormed out the door, and then came back to get the pizza.
    kas141 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-05-2004, 10:31 AM   #72
    OklahomaMama

My Tour Central Stats

"Irregular Around the Margins"

"Tony's spending so much time at the club.

Do you think it might have something to do with you?

Oh, if you think I'm gonna blow this guy for your sick purposes, you are sadly mistaken. " - Adrianna and FBI Agent Sanseverino

"What do you got to be stressed about? That bar?

War, Christopher? The Middle East?

You don't listen to the president? We're gonna mop the floor with the whole fuckin' world. The whole world's gonna be under our control. So what are you worked up about? " - Christopher and Adrianna

"I've been having trouble with my stomach. That's why I'm drinkin' White Russians." - Adrianna La Cerva

"Jesus Christ! She's a good looking woman. And she wants to f*#$ Barney Rubble?" - FBI Agent

"She's a knockout. A ten. And look at you, you're average at best. So you better re-concile yourself with that, or you're going to be paranoid your whole life." - Tony Soprano to Christopher

"Look, you got someplace, maybe we could talk?

Listen, it's 3a.m. and I just finished a 17 hour shift...

Any gunshot wounds, broken kneecaps? " - Tony Soprano and Tony Blundetto to ER Doctor

"Are you a physician?

No, I'm a pre-board certified massage therapist " - ER Doctor to Tony Blundetto
    Old 04-05-2004, 10:43 AM   #73
    GHB#13
    Best Slacker Alive!

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

First of all...
    What's everyone's beef with Carmela? I mean I understand that she's being a bitch all the time, but that's what happens when you're old and lonely? What does she owe Tony? forgiveness? respect? she gave him that for 20+ years and she's just completely fed up. I love that Chase manages to write the dialouge between them so eloquently. its very raw, feels real, and so pure. if you've ever lived in a divorced home, you know that is exactly what the post-separation conversations sound like. Carmela's not being a bitch, she just knows Tony way too well. If you really look at what she's saying to him, she cares for him alot still, she's just not willing to put up with his shit anymore. She's knows exactly what its going to get her. she made her mind up that she's through with it. Believe me, I want more than anyone else for Tony and Carmela to work it out, but realistically its just not logical. What she wants from him, if anything at this point, he's not willing to give. If he is ever willing to give that, he couldn't be the boss of the family. Carmela needs attention and LOTS OF IT!! They are two different people on two different pages in life. Tony's a prick. I love him for it, but he's a really big prick, and Carmela doesn't deserve that. He doesn't mean to be that way, but nonetheless there's nothing he can do to change it at this point. Carmela realizes that and is willing to cut her losses.

Sorry about that! I tend to put to much thought into these fictional characters, but I can't take all the Carmela bashing. Yes it sucks she broke it off with our main man Tony, but what if that was your mom or your sister or daugter, you would want her to be doing what she's doing. I also love that she's the only person that's got Tony's number. Know one else talks to Tony the way she does and there's a whole lot to be said there.

Anyway, about the rest of the show. Sucks to be Tony, huh? You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Personally, I think he should've killed Chris. I'd hate that he did, if he had, but I don't see things going well after something like this. Its going to haunt Chris for a long time, even after he gets rid of Adriana which i now think is inevitable. He's not gonna marry her now, no way. Dr. Melfi's excitment about Tony's rationalization was pretty humorous. I thought her character was bland for a while, but they brought her back in stride. The thing with Meadow at the club was interesting because her boyfriend seemed to know alot about Tony. Not exactly information you'd think she'd be sharing with her boyfriend. What's up with Tony Blundetto(Steve Buscemi's character) becoming a bigger wuss per episode? He saved Chris' life, but what the hell was he doing there anyway if he's not part of the business? I love busemi, but I hate his character right now...

My favorite part of last night's episode was when Tony brought AJ to Carmela because of the Chris situation and she's starts giving him shit about why he really came in with the pizza. I'm a sucker for the Tony vs. Carmela arguments. I think its great that chase shocases their talent and chemistry so well. You gotta think about the fact that there dialouge is probably not written the way they're saying, but they make it work so well. Its truly sacting at its best. I no suprise why they win the Emmy for Best Actor & Actress every year!

that's my $.02

See ya'll next week...
    GHB#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-12-2004, 10:24 AM   #74
    OklahomaMama

My Tour Central Stats

last night's episode: (discuss?)
    episode 58
    http://www.hbo.com/img/core_template/spacer.gif
    "Sentimental Education"

Directed by: Peter Bogdanovich
    Written by: Matthew Weiner

Synopsis

"From now on, anytime somebody steps in a pile of shit - it's gonna be called a 'Blundetto

Struggling with two huge laundry bags, Tony Blundetto sets his foot on the back of his Kim's Southside Laundry truck. Just as he's about to heave in the bags, the motor starts; the truck lurches away and Tony B. falls backward onto the street. He manages to get up and give chase, only to trip and scrape his shin, leaving it a raw, bloody mess. When he gets back to the laundry, his boss, Sungyon Kim, is convinced Tony B. masterminded the theft. "Believe me," he snarls, "I no forget you professional criminal."

But Tony B. is making an honest effort at civilian life. With the encouragement of Gwen MacIntyre, his girlfriend whom he met online while incarcerated, he's diligently studying for the massage therapist license exam, an effort which is "practically doing two years of medical school on my own." Eventually, Mr. Kim comes to appreciate the additional load Tony B. is carrying and calls him into his office. He makes an offer: Kim will finance a massage studio to be run by his daughter and Tony B. "You pass test," he tells his amazed employee, "then you, me, my daughter make the big success journey."

Tony B. isn't the only one facing an academic challenge. A.J. remains perilously close to failing English, so Carmela visits Mr. Wegler. In addition to discussing A.J., Mr. Wegler, AKA Bob, persuades Carmela to have dinner with him. Afterwards, they go to his place where, for the first time in twenty years, Carmela has sex with a man other than Tony Soprano. Later, an exhilarated Carmela sneaks home past A.J., who's moved back following a physical altercation with his father.

Soon, things are looking up for Tony B. He passes his exam and spends his time off single-handedly gutting and renovating the storefront that will become the massage studio. Then something extraordinary happens: one night as he and Gwen are out walking, a car zooms past them and a small bag is tossed out its window. The bag contains several plastic vials and ten thousand dollars. Gwen convinces Tony B. to throw away the drugs and put the money into the business. "You are doubly blessed," she tells him.

Carmela feels blessed, too. She's enjoying a full-fledged romance with Bob and despite her initial misgivings and Father Intintola's stern disapproval, she has no intention of ending it. But one night Bob unexpectedly announces that they should "take a time out." Earlier, he used his position to strong-arm A.J.'s English teacher into raising his grade on a term paper. Now he claims Carmela is a "user" who slept with him to get him to do it. Brokenhearted, Carmela later tells her dad, "Whatever I say, whatever I do, because I was married to a man like Tony, my motives will always be called into question."

And Tony B. soon takes a detour on the big success journey. He blows his windfall on gambling, clothes for himself and toys for his sons. Then, while painting the walls of the massage studio, he quarrels with Gwen on the phone about a screwed-up furniture delivery. Immediately after, Kim shows up and within minutes Tony B. verbally attacks him. "You fuckin' stroll in?" he screams, "I'm over here bustin' my fuckin' ass!" Then it becomes physical, with Tony B. punching Kim in the face and beating him with a two-by-four. He ends up throwing out his back - and any hope of going straight. Soon after, he meets Tony S. at Vesuvio. Gingerly, he sits down, then says to his cousin, "You mentioned you might need someone to run the swag airbags."
    Old 04-12-2004, 10:30 AM   #75
    bdfresh62

My Tour Central Stats

It was an alright episode. Certainly it was not as good as the past two in my opinion. It's nice to see them finally develop Buscemi's character more.

My Stats
    Old 04-12-2004, 10:44 AM   #76
    OklahomaMama

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdfresh62
    It was an alright episode. Certainly it was not as good as the past two in my opinion. It's nice to see them finally develop Buscemi's character more.
    "alright".... my sentiments exactly
    tony s. was certainly absent.... but i liked seeing more of tony b.
    Old 04-12-2004, 10:48 AM   #77
    mihighdavehead
    Drinkin big whiskey

My Tour Central Stats

Now Blundetto is gonna get into some gangsta shit, finally. I was getting sick of the whole straight act. Last night was kind of disappointing after the last two episodes, but next week should be good. I think its funny how Carmela's cheating is backfiring on her
    Old 04-12-2004, 10:53 AM   #78
    OklahomaMama

My Tour Central Stats

i was on to carmela's "using" the boyfriend deal from the get go...
    she's a chronic manipulator.... look how she put the squeeze on her neighbor's sister to get that letter for Meadow (for Georgetown). then she has the nerve to get all "boo hoo" when the guy called her on it
    Old 04-12-2004, 11:09 AM   #79
    dmb1spe

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I've said it before and I'll say it again. F that ho. Tony S. needs to give her some cement boots and take her swimming in the East River.
    dmb1spe is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #80
    OklahomaMama

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb1spe
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. F that ho. Tony S. needs to give her some cement boots and take her swimming in the East River.
    "Divorce: Mob Style"

hey, alan...how you doin'?
    Old 04-12-2004, 11:13 AM   #81
    timmyt23

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Carmela has gotten on my nerves for the last three years. It's time to exit her ass.

timmyt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-12-2004, 11:14 AM   #82
    pichtd
    1 Drink 2 Remember

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Last nights wasn't as good, but they needed to bring Tony B. into the family. Hopefully more like last week will be coming.
    pichtd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-12-2004, 11:18 AM   #83
    OklahomaMama

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by timmyt23
    Carmela has gotten on my nerves for the last three years. It's time to exit her ass.
    yup..... honestly, i find very few redeeming qualities in her character... she's such a hypocrite...
    just because she didn't physically boink the priest & the wallpaper guy doesn't mean she wouldn't have if given the opportunity. and the way she bitches & moans about tony's given profession but still holds out that manicured hand for the perks & benefits.... grrrr!
    Old 04-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #84
    gloco
    Novice taper

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I'm honestly getting sick and tired of the entire cast, lol. They are becoming so pathetic...it's getting to the point where i think the entire cast needs to get whacked because i'm losing interest in all of them. I can't stand Meadow and Anthony, why don't they write them off the show already....and Carmela too. It's like these three characters are written to cling onto anything. Look at Anthony for instance, his character has become such a loser, how can i have any interest since he's become so one dimensional?
    Old 04-12-2004, 11:26 AM   #85
    timmyt23

Shows Seen: 43

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OklahomaMama
    yup..... honestly, i find very few redeeming qualities in her character... she's such a hypocrite...
    just because she didn't physically boink the priest & the wallpaper guy doesn't mean she wouldn't have if given the opportunity. and the way she bitches & moans about tony's given profession but still holds out that manicured hand for the perks & benefits.... grrrr!
    That's exactly the thing. She bitches and moans about how no one pays her respect or attention. Ok fine, if you weren't such a transparent, greedy you-know-what, then maybe people would respect you. And all she does is want more, more, more, why doesn't she go out and get a job!! She lives a life of riches, with no real responsibilities other than her kids, who are pretty much grown and the amount of influence she will have on them at this stage is pretty much gone.

And, yes I realize it is a TV show, but it's one of my favorites, so I get really into it.

timmyt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-12-2004, 11:27 AM   #86
    OklahomaMama

My Tour Central Stats

i've always thought the kids were spoiled little shits....so they can go..... let's not whack tony... just make him homeless or something...for empathy

this season thus far has been rather lackluster, IMO
    Old 04-19-2004, 12:47 PM   #87
    mihighdavehead
    Drinkin big whiskey

My Tour Central Stats

So what did everyone think?
    I thought Tony was gonna hit it with that old ass last night : He finally came to his senses and I found it interesting that he got emotionally hurt when he realized he is just like his father. The Christopher rehab story was kind of funny, but boring. I had a feeling Junior was going to break down going to all those funerals, because he did the same thing last season. I say last night's episode gets a 6 out of 10.
    Old 04-19-2004, 12:57 PM   #88
    OklahomaMama

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mihighdavehead
    So what did everyone think?
    I thought Tony was gonna hit it with that old ass last night : He finally came to his senses and I found it interesting that he got emotionally hurt when he realized he is just like his father. The Christopher rehab story was kind of funny, but boring. I had a feeling Junior was going to break down going to all those funerals, because he did the same thing last season. I say last night's episode gets a 6 out of 10.
    i thought the "MEH" factor a little different.... 5/10
    i got a kick out of junior scouring the obits just so he could get out of the house....
    i found the tony/dad's goombah thing interesting....was he looking for a mother figure since his was such a nutbag? hmmmmm...
    Old 04-19-2004, 02:08 PM   #89
    asmjm39
    Esquire to you

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

meh not that great last night, I have been catching up on the previous seasons, and Richie Aprile, what a psycho
    Old 04-27-2004, 09:48 AM   #90
    mihighdavehead
    Drinkin big whiskey

My Tour Central Stats

This week's episode was pretty good I thought. I was kind of surprised Carmela let Tony kill it for old time's sake : . Blundetto looks as if he might get whacked for his get rich quick idea. Funny how he shoots some people after he scolds his boys for stealing?? I think next week is gonna make up for mediocre shows recently.