What excites you about SPAC? - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #1
seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

What excites you about SPAC?

It's been a rough week financially, and well I am supposed to be taking a solo trip to SPAC in July, but I guess because of the season and the nature of my personal life right now, I just have no excitement at the moment. So I wanted to make this post and ask for your stories from SPAC. What makes it so great? Are the shows really that different? What happened at your last show that made it memorable for you, musically or otherwise? Have you ever gone solo?

I just want to hear some stories... so gather around the fire, light one up, and let's hear them.

Thanks guys.
seanbrutus is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #2
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What excites you about SPAC?

I somehow converted 9 of my cousins/friends to love DMB as much as I do, and take the trip with me. We've gone 4 years in a row and stay at the Best Western right next to the state park. It's a blast. We drink a lot and sing DMB loudly. Feel free to join our Best Western parking lot tailgate if you're not a serial killer
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2019, 05:16 AM   #3
    SeeMoreDMB

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

The beauty of the venue, the energy of the crowd, and the excitement the band to be playing there. They guys absolutely give it up for that crowd. Dave teasing #40 last year and Carter's solo in Two Step were very special.
    SeeMoreDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2019, 05:29 AM   #4
    Hilly

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeeMoreDMB View Post
    The beauty of the venue, the energy of the crowd, and the excitement the band to be playing there. They guys absolutely give it up for that crowd. Dave teasing #40 last year and Carter's solo in Two Step were very special.

If you're having a rough time financially and debating the cost of the trip, I'm sure the #40 tease will win you back over.
    Old 03-13-2019, 06:25 AM   #5
    MikeyCarson40

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Beautiful venue, the energy of the crowd / band, and always some of the best set lists of the tour. Always a guaranteed quality show.
    MikeyCarson40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2019, 06:43 AM   #6
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    If you're having a rough time financially and debating the cost of the trip, I'm sure the #40 tease will win you back over.
    Woe betide someone answer the OP's question.

Twat.
    Old 03-13-2019, 07:01 AM   #7
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

For me, SPAC is one of the locations of my first big concerts as a kid...The Cars w/ Whang Chung as opener. Wore the sleeveless T my dad got me there well beyond when I should have retired it. Later saw Clapton there, James Taylor, then the 1994 HORDE show (first time seeing DMB), JT again, '96-'98 DMB shows. We moved to DC-area in '99, but found our way back to SPAC for the D&T shows in 2017, hit both shows last year, and are going to both shows this year.

The park is beautiful, some nice hiking and picnicking areas. The city is small, has a college town vibe, lots of independent shops...local businesses. The town knows when DMB is in town and plays to it...almost every restaurant is playing DMB/D&T/Dave music. It's a place that's special to the band as well.

SPAC holds a lot of memories, most of them tied to DMB. It's one of my favorite larger venues to see a show...SPAC and MSG. It's annoying that we no longer in NY, but whaddayagunnado?

If you come, it'll be a great time. If you don't you might regret, but you also may not care at all.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #8
    lasalleb3

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

I took my maiden voyage to SPAC last year to see what all the fuss was about and it’s definitely a worthwhile trip.

Pros:
    - The main strip downtown has a ton of great restaurants and bars and there seems to be a ‘Dave theme’ with every business (similar to Charlottesville if you’ve ever made that trip).
    - The venue is beautiful. There’s a little river that you walk over on the way to the gates that caught me by surprise…I sparked a spliff in the lots so when I got to this point in my walk I took a moment to take it in. It could be due to my home venue being Camden and the surrounding cityscape, but the river scene really set the stage for this ‘nature retreat’ with my favorite band.
    - The fans. I was fortunate enough to have balcony seats both nights, and people were very accommodating with my group and were okay with trading their pairs with my upgraded 2nd pair so that my group of 4 could be together. Also it was great to see full-fledged fan reactions to songs like JTR that would normally get mild reactions at other venues.
    - Setlist. While last year’s SPAC shows didn’t do anything outrageous, it still had plenty of highlights like the return of full band Bartender and a bunch of stuff from BS/LWS. They felt like special shows given what was played most often in 2018.
    - Security. It’s pretty lax inside the venue so if you like to indulge in things other than alcohol it’s a pretty worry-free affair.

Cons:
    - Tailgate scene was a bit of a letdown…it may have just been the lot that I was in but there are patrols that happen pretty frequently and you aren’t supposed to drink in a state park apparently….so there was a cap on how wild we could get.
    - Sound. I was surprised by how disappointed I was with the acoustics of the place….considering I was ‘under the roof’ I thought it would be louder and more full then it was (deaf person problems lol). It was still better then the sound at any venue’s lawn, but the sound is better at places like MSG or under the roof in Camden then in the SPAC balcony IMO.

Overall it’s a really great trip, and one I hope to take again someday. There’s an atmosphere in the air that makes it hard to not have a good time…hope you go, and hope you have a blast!
    lasalleb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2019, 07:16 AM   #9
    SeeMoreDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's a reference to the uniqueness of the sets played there. Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not?
    SeeMoreDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #10
    snake911

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's a reference to the uniqueness of the sets played there. Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not?
    Don't sweat it, hes just here to ask riddles before you're allowed to cross the bridge.
    snake911 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2019, 10:44 AM   #11
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Don’t worry about hilly. He works for the warehouse which is an embarrassment
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2019, 05:14 PM   #12
    seanbrutus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lasalleb3 View Post
    I took my maiden voyage to SPAC last year to see what all the fuss was about and it’s definitely a worthwhile trip.

Pros:
    - The main strip downtown has a ton of great restaurants and bars and there seems to be a ‘Dave theme’ with every business (similar to Charlottesville if you’ve ever made that trip).
    - The venue is beautiful. There’s a little river that you walk over on the way to the gates that caught me by surprise…I sparked a spliff in the lots so when I got to this point in my walk I took a moment to take it in. It could be due to my home venue being Camden and the surrounding cityscape, but the river scene really set the stage for this ‘nature retreat’ with my favorite band.
    - The fans. I was fortunate enough to have balcony seats both nights, and people were very accommodating with my group and were okay with trading their pairs with my upgraded 2nd pair so that my group of 4 could be together. Also it was great to see full-fledged fan reactions to songs like JTR that would normally get mild reactions at other venues.
    - Setlist. While last year’s SPAC shows didn’t do anything outrageous, it still had plenty of highlights like the return of full band Bartender and a bunch of stuff from BS/LWS. They felt like special shows given what was played most often in 2018.
    - Security. It’s pretty lax inside the venue so if you like to indulge in things other than alcohol it’s a pretty worry-free affair.

Cons:
    - Tailgate scene was a bit of a letdown…it may have just been the lot that I was in but there are patrols that happen pretty frequently and you aren’t supposed to drink in a state park apparently….so there was a cap on how wild we could get.
    - Sound. I was surprised by how disappointed I was with the acoustics of the place….considering I was ‘under the roof’ I thought it would be louder and more full then it was (deaf person problems lol). It was still better then the sound at any venue’s lawn, but the sound is better at places like MSG or under the roof in Camden then in the SPAC balcony IMO.

Overall it’s a really great trip, and one I hope to take again someday. There’s an atmosphere in the air that makes it hard to not have a good time…hope you go, and hope you have a blast!
    I really appreciate you taking the time to write this all out. This is what gets me excited! If anyone has any other stories I'd love to hear them.
    Old 03-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #13
    the_zuul

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hilly would dampen the mood on someone who is already down in their own personal life.

Typical of a Warehouse employee...
    the_zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #14
    DMBBeav

Shows Seen: 62

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MikeyCarson40 View Post
    Beautiful venue, the energy of the crowd / band, and always some of the best set lists of the tour. Always a guaranteed quality show.
    This is exactly it. To look at it another way, what is the worst SPAC show of all time? Bet it is still no worse than a top 20 show from that year's tour.
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #15
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by the_zuul View Post
    Hilly would dampen the mood on someone who is already down in their own personal life.

Typical of a Warehouse employee...

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-14-2019, 12:13 PM   #16
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Last few years the sound on the lawn has been better to my ears than the sound in the pavilion. Sometimes the sound overpowers the inside...ear plugs can help reinstate a bit of clarity (I do one ear and switch between them during the sow...when I remember ear plugs).
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #17
    jjr4884

Shows Seen: 70

My Tour Central Stats

No shame post - a few years back i was literally having "depressed af" mood and was missing SPAC hard. I've been going for about a decade now and the charm of the town made me fall in love since the first time we drove in. I always go several days early to go to some favorite spots for lunch and dinner, golf, massages, etc. Osteria Danny and 15 Church to name a couple. Anyways - its really nice to be there early and just enjoy the town. Its quaint and charming, and really nice to enjoy when its not a mad house with thousands of DMB fans. Happy reading lol

It is a bright Friday morning. Although I lay in my hotel bed, partially dehydrated from what seemed to be an endless night dancing up and down Caroline St, the sun powerfully shines through my window, persistently inviting me to get outside. Slowly but surely, I comply. I check the weather, blue skies and its 75 degrees out. Fair enough, time to get up and hit the reset button. Cold water, clean teeth, and my most comfortable pair of sandals will do the trick. 8:30am I step out onto the sidewalks of Broadway. I take a deep breath and a nice long stretch as I invigorate myself with the warm yet refreshing gust that runs through the (for now) desolate streets of Saratoga.

As I continue on my morning stroll, I can’t help but reminisce past memories that have taken place on this remarkable street. Our first drive in, and what a drive that was. The random folks I met late at night playing DMB on the guitar on a bench outside of The Downtowner. The walk up to Skidmore. Few places in my life give me the same feeling of excitement as it does tranquility. A quiet peaceful wander into town on an early Friday morning. A warm and inspirational breeze. The calm before the storm. As you pass local businesses you hear the faint lyrics like “Sweet like candy to my soul” and “I was just wondering if you’d come along.” Shop owners eagerly place “Welcome DMB Fans” signs outside of their stores. That feelings of tranquility quickly dissipates and morphs into a state of euphoria.

Where you are at this very moment in life is a place you wouldn’t trade for the world. Two concerts staring you right in the face with amazing friends and fans. The drive up is done. The hectic last minute ticket trades are done and you are happily secured with the highly coveted seats in SPAC, one of the most anticipated DMB venues for the last 2 decades. VIP parking is ready to go. There is no more leg work. Your passion, your commitment, and all of the energy and talk and hype has finally led up to a moment where you can take in the beautiful yet uninhabited streets of downtown Saratoga. This will soon change, but for now, you are welcomed warmly to this quaint and adorable place by local patrons walking their pups and several early risers looking for some much needed good java.

Uncommon Grounds now only a few paces away. Luckily I arrive well before the masses of caffeine deprived Ants swarm in to what should be considered “The Morning DMB Embassy.” The smell of a toasted everything bagel and freshly brewed coffee is nothing short of awakening. I order, pay, and casually sit down outside and just enjoy every second, every bite, every sip. Simplicity is highly underrated in moments like this. As I sit in silence I look around and eagerly await the transformation that is only several hours away. I can’t help but smirk knowing that the highways are filling up with thousands of fans heading this way. Although my prior day arrival limits my chances of making temporary highway friends with other rear windshield “Firedancer sticker put-er-on’ers,” the time I spend observing the evolution of this “DMB Town” makes it well worth it.

And then, that is it. The fans. The town. The shops and restaurants. The infamous Hattie’s brunch and beers on tap at Druthers. The excitement of potentially seeing band members on a Saturday afternoon. The drive in to the Avenue of the Pines. That moment of eruption that takes place once the band members appear on stage.

Gone. Done.

Where did the time go? How did this happen so quickly? Was I not paying enough attention to every moment? As I fill up my gas tank at the Mobil right near the Rt. 87 onramp, I contemplate what I could have done differently to make it go by slower. I tried to do everything possible. I woke up early. I went to bed late. I seized every moment possible, yet as I stand there, leaning against my car, catatonically gazing at the increasing fuel gallon meter, I think to myself…. Just put me back to that place so special to me. Put me back to that Friday morning, sipping a coffee and indulging a liberally buttered bagel, sitting peacefully in (essentially) the only moment possible during this amazing weekend where I can actually have the power to stop time and enjoy it. No distractions. No stimulation. Just myself, my thoughts, and the irrepressible yet contained joy and contentment of what the next 48 hours has to bring. What’d I’d give to turn my car around and just do it all over again. Inevitably so, patience is a virtue, so until next time, I’ll make sure these vivid memories console the post-SPAC weekend depression that is certain to visit you several times throughout the next few seasons.
    Old 03-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #18
    seanbrutus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post
    No shame post - a few years back i was literally having "depressed af" mood and was missing SPAC hard. I've been going for about a decade now and the charm of the town made me fall in love since the first time we drove in. I always go several days early to go to some favorite spots for lunch and dinner, golf, massages, etc. Osteria Danny and 15 Church to name a couple. Anyways - its really nice to be there early and just enjoy the town. Its quaint and charming, and really nice to enjoy when its not a mad house with thousands of DMB fans. Happy reading lol

It is a bright Friday morning. Although I lay in my hotel bed, partially dehydrated from what seemed to be an endless night dancing up and down Caroline St, the sun powerfully shines through my window, persistently inviting me to get outside. Slowly but surely, I comply. I check the weather, blue skies and its 75 degrees out. Fair enough, time to get up and hit the reset button. Cold water, clean teeth, and my most comfortable pair of sandals will do the trick. 8:30am I step out onto the sidewalks of Broadway. I take a deep breath and a nice long stretch as I invigorate myself with the warm yet refreshing gust that runs through the (for now) desolate streets of Saratoga.

As I continue on my morning stroll, I can’t help but reminisce past memories that have taken place on this remarkable street. Our first drive in, and what a drive that was. The random folks I met late at night playing DMB on the guitar on a bench outside of The Downtowner. The walk up to Skidmore. Few places in my life give me the same feeling of excitement as it does tranquility. A quiet peaceful wander into town on an early Friday morning. A warm and inspirational breeze. The calm before the storm. As you pass local businesses you hear the faint lyrics like “Sweet like candy to my soul” and “I was just wondering if you’d come along.” Shop owners eagerly place “Welcome DMB Fans” signs outside of their stores. That feelings of tranquility quickly dissipates and morphs into a state of euphoria.

Where you are at this very moment in life is a place you wouldn’t trade for the world. Two concerts staring you right in the face with amazing friends and fans. The drive up is done. The hectic last minute ticket trades are done and you are happily secured with the highly coveted seats in SPAC, one of the most anticipated DMB venues for the last 2 decades. VIP parking is ready to go. There is no more leg work. Your passion, your commitment, and all of the energy and talk and hype has finally led up to a moment where you can take in the beautiful yet uninhabited streets of downtown Saratoga. This will soon change, but for now, you are welcomed warmly to this quaint and adorable place by local patrons walking their pups and several early risers looking for some much needed good java.

Uncommon Grounds now only a few paces away. Luckily I arrive well before the masses of caffeine deprived Ants swarm in to what should be considered “The Morning DMB Embassy.” The smell of a toasted everything bagel and freshly brewed coffee is nothing short of awakening. I order, pay, and casually sit down outside and just enjoy every second, every bite, every sip. Simplicity is highly underrated in moments like this. As I sit in silence I look around and eagerly await the transformation that is only several hours away. I can’t help but smirk knowing that the highways are filling up with thousands of fans heading this way. Although my prior day arrival limits my chances of making temporary highway friends with other rear windshield “Firedancer sticker put-er-on’ers,” the time I spend observing the evolution of this “DMB Town” makes it well worth it.

And then, that is it. The fans. The town. The shops and restaurants. The infamous Hattie’s brunch and beers on tap at Druthers. The excitement of potentially seeing band members on a Saturday afternoon. The drive in to the Avenue of the Pines. That moment of eruption that takes place once the band members appear on stage.

Gone. Done.

Where did the time go? How did this happen so quickly? Was I not paying enough attention to every moment? As I fill up my gas tank at the Mobil right near the Rt. 87 onramp, I contemplate what I could have done differently to make it go by slower. I tried to do everything possible. I woke up early. I went to bed late. I seized every moment possible, yet as I stand there, leaning against my car, catatonically gazing at the increasing fuel gallon meter, I think to myself…. Just put me back to that place so special to me. Put me back to that Friday morning, sipping a coffee and indulging a liberally buttered bagel, sitting peacefully in (essentially) the only moment possible during this amazing weekend where I can actually have the power to stop time and enjoy it. No distractions. No stimulation. Just myself, my thoughts, and the irrepressible yet contained joy and contentment of what the next 48 hours has to bring. What’d I’d give to turn my car around and just do it all over again. Inevitably so, patience is a virtue, so until next time, I’ll make sure these vivid memories console the post-SPAC weekend depression that is certain to visit you several times throughout the next few seasons.
    This is a really nice post, and really helped me out today as I try to deal with my car and all the other fun things life can throw at you all at once. I appreciate you taking the time to say all this, and I hope you are going to SPAC this year so we can share a beer together.
    Old 03-14-2019, 05:06 PM   #19
    garagebrothers

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    This is a really nice post, and really helped me out today as I try to deal with my car and all the other fun things life can throw at you all at once. I appreciate you taking the time to say all this, and I hope you are going to SPAC this year so we can share a beer together.
    At first I thought you said " so we can share a bed together" lol
    garagebrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #20
    seanbrutus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by garagebrothers View Post
    Looks like I made a typo and wrote beer instead. Stay kinky!
    Old 03-15-2019, 08:01 AM   #21
    jjr4884

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i'll be there wednesday to sunday my friend like i always do

not sure what your situation is but i would highly recommend you try and get there a day early and enjoy the town without the concern/mayhem flooding most of your day/night

Quote:
    Originally Posted by garagebrothers View Post
    Old 03-15-2019, 08:22 AM   #22
    RiotAct

My Tour Central Stats

jjr, you leave your car running when you're pumping gas? You barbarian.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2019, 08:27 AM   #23
    jjr4884

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    jjr, you leave your car running when you're pumping gas? You barbarian.
    Lol...while the answer to this question is yes, i was talking about the fuel meter on the pump, not my instrument cluster
    Old 03-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #24
    nikkidmb

Shows Seen: 36

My Tour Central Stats

I'll be honest, my favorite part about SPAC is that I go alone every year, and the environment is just one of the friendliest and most relaxing places I have ever been. I get there early enough to walk through the springs, which are extremely interesting to me. The history behind them and the fact that I have never seen natural springs before is just so captivating. Walking in the water alone, seeing wildlife, tasting different water from the springs, biking on the trails, and knowing that in just a few hours I will be seeing my favorite band with an amazing crowd. Then I sleep in my car, wake up early and just have the best day, biking to Uncommon Grounds for coffee, feeling the buzz of the fans all around, do some more walking/biking, and do another show.

I'll be completely honest, my first show was on the lawn and I couldn't stand it. I didn't get in early enough to get a good spot and I couldn't see anything. The ground was wet so I couldn't sit down, and there was just no room to move. Luckily it was Dave & Tim so I didn't care if I saw them that much, but I knew I wouldn't want to do that for full band. I was inside the next year for the band and then I knew what the magic was. The band loves the venue, it is so intimate inside and the sound is incredible. I can't wait to go back!

Last edited by nikkidmb; 03-15-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    nikkidmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #25
    seanbrutus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikkidmb View Post
    I'll be honest, my favorite part about SPAC is that I go alone every year, and the environment is just one of the friendliest and most relaxing places I have ever been. I get there early enough to walk through the springs, which are extremely interesting to me. The history behind them and the fact that I have never seen natural springs before is just so captivating. Walking in the water alone, seeing wildlife, tasting different water from the springs, biking on the trails, and knowing that in just a few hours I will be seeing my favorite band with an amazing crowd. Then I sleep in my car, wake up early and just have the best day, biking to Uncommon Grounds for coffee, feeling the buzz of the fans all around, do some more walking/biking, and do another show.

I'll be completely honest, my first show was on the lawn and I couldn't stand it. I didn't get in early enough to get a good spot and I couldn't see anything. The ground was wet so I couldn't sit down, and there was just no room to move. Luckily it was Dave & Tim so I didn't care if I saw them that much, but I knew I wouldn't want to do that for full band. I was inside the next year for the band and then I knew what the magic was. The band loves the venue, it is so intimate inside and the sound is incredible. I can't wait to go back!
    I'll probably end up going a day early just because plane tickets are so much cheaper but this is a great takeaway. I didn't know the park was big enough with springs and all that running through it.
    Old 03-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #26
    nikkidmb

Shows Seen: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'll probably end up going a day early just because plane tickets are so much cheaper but this is a great takeaway. I didn't know the park was big enough with springs and all that running through it.
    It used to be a resort that claimed if you bathed in the springs it was basically the fountain of life. The history behind it is so cool. Interestingly enough I hardly ever see other fans hiking even though it is literally under the venue. I hope you enjoy it! I'll see you on the trails lol.
    nikkidmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #27
    seanbrutus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikkidmb View Post
    It used to be a resort that claimed if you bathed in the springs it was basically the fountain of life. The history behind it is so cool. Interestingly enough I hardly ever see other fans hiking even though it is literally under the venue. I hope you enjoy it! I'll see you on the trails lol.
    Hell yea man I love hiking. Thanks for the tip!
    Old 03-19-2019, 08:50 AM   #28
    SPAC12

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

The vibe in Saratoga will be unreal this year. For at least the past decade the horse track has opened during the last week in July, and DMB stops by much earlier than that. But this year Dave weekend will coincide with opening weekend at the track for the first time in a long long time (maybe ever, don't quote me). If you're looking for something to do during the day, this is a pretty cool experience. The track is open Thursday - Sunday, and races usually go from noon - 6 or so. $7 to get in, but you can make that back in no time
    SPAC12 is offline   Reply With Quote