*Official Shoreline (Mountain View) 2018* - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #121
K270
Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Official Shoreline (Mountain View) 2018*

Just curious if anybody here sat on the lawn for this show? Just peeked at the Facebook page for Shoreline and saw people complaining about not being able to hear the show. In all, it looks like it took over an hour for someone to realize people on the lawn could barely hear the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
Dodgers suck.
K270 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #122
    bmt322

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

I sat in the last row of seats in 202. I think the sound system control station for the lawn was behind us. There was a bunch of people standing around it for a while. A person on my flight this morning said she couldn't hear very well.
    Old 09-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #123
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ngmcs8203 View Post
    We got there around 630. Fast passes and had drinks. Sat in our spots and enjoyed the show. Afterward we ended up at Sports Bar for about an hour before calling any Lyft. Lyft was 3x more right after the show than it was when we left Sports Bar. Can someone explain to me how warehouse works? Seems like it might be worth it if you are buying lawn seats. You get a poster, some other stuff and primo lawn space right? Plus early ticket access.

$35 a year. If you're doing lawn, you don't need early access to tickets.

You don't get a poster with WH lawn.

They do have a fenced off area on the lawn for people with WH tickets, but unless you're in the front of it, you're still just in the middle of the lawn.

The only way I would recommend anyone join the WH at this point is if all you want is a reserved seat somewhere in the building without having to get it live on Ticketmaster. Even then...

If you care where in the reserved section you sit, or are just going to do lawn, I don't see any reason to pay for a WH membership. You'd basically just be paying $35 for the 7 song CD and a trinket to be named later.
    Old 09-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #124
    ngmcs8203

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    $35 a year. If you're doing lawn, you don't need early access to tickets.

You don't get a poster with WH lawn.

They do have a fenced off area on the lawn for people with WH tickets, but unless you're in the front of it, you're still just in the middle of the lawn.

The only way I would recommend anyone join the WH at this point is if all you want is a reserved seat somewhere in the building without having to get it live on Ticketmaster. Even then...

If you care where in the reserved section you sit, or are just going to do lawn, I don't see any reason to pay for a WH membership. You'd basically just be paying $35 for the 7 song CD and a trinket to be named later.
    Good points. I want it to get reserved seats next year. Lawn was kind of meh unless you come in with a group. We could hear just fine but we were behind the reserved lawn area. We sat early enough to get decent spots. I thought maybe people were using their WH membership to upgrade seats at the venue from lawn to reserved seating.
    ngmcs8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #125
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Good points. I want it to get reserved seats next year. Lawn was kind of meh unless you come in with a group. We could hear just fine but we were behind the reserved lawn area. We sat early enough to get decent spots. I thought maybe people were using their WH membership to upgrade seats at the venue from lawn to reserved seating.

I've never heard of that. If people were walking away from the box office with WH tickets, it was likely because they were will-called.

Next year, if you're a member, you can request reserved tickets during the request period (before the public TM/LN sale). If you are confirmed, you won't know where they are until a few weeks later and at that point there's no passing on them; you've bought them. You could also be confirmed for lawn (if you don't opt out) or be declined completely.
    Old 09-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #126
    iMAC386
    BOOMER!

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    Just curious if anybody here sat on the lawn for this show? Just peeked at the Facebook page for Shoreline and saw people complaining about not being able to hear the show. In all, it looks like it took over an hour for someone to realize people on the lawn could barely hear the show.
    I was in the lawn towards the front. Audio was totally fine to me. Maybe it was different in the back?
    iMAC386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-09-2018, 05:48 PM   #127
    ngmcs8203

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    I've never heard of that. If people were walking away from the box office with WH tickets, it was likely because they were will-called.

Next year, if you're a member, you can request reserved tickets during the request period (before the public TM/LN sale). If you are confirmed, you won't know where they are until a few weeks later and at that point there's no passing on them; you've bought them. You could also be confirmed for lawn (if you don't opt out) or be declined completely.
    But you are guaranteed seats at a given price, which isn't awful if it means getting seats and not paying 2-3x to robot scalpers.
    Old 09-10-2018, 07:47 AM   #128
    Bob_Loblaw

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMAC386 View Post
    I was in the lawn towards the front. Audio was totally fine to me. Maybe it was different in the back?

We were middle right, about 50 feet to the right of the green box. I thought the audio was good as well. Didn't have the normal chest-thumping effects that I normally get at the Greek, but decent nonetheless.

On another note, some poor guy was totally lost. Somewhere around the middle of the show, he's walking around trying to find his spot. Walks away, comes back, walks away, comes back still searching. Then, at the top of his lungs, just starts out yelling "AARON, AAAAARRONNNNN" (or ERIN). Hope he found Aaron/Erin.
    Bob_Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #129
    fromchicago252

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    We had TERRIBLE sound for the first hour or so. I was right of center, just to the right of the middle right speaker tower with a clear view of the stage. The sound was almost non-existant. It sounded like either the speakers were off or they didn't turn up the lawn speakers at all because it was extremely underpowered. After the opener, I turned to my friend and said, "we're not getting direct sound".

We ended up moving during Seek Up and found a spot about 20 feet to the right and 10 feet behind the green box...100% better and it only improved as the night went on.

I think they had some issues with the speakers on the lawn and I don't think they realized they weren't turned on.
    Old 09-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #130
    lovemesomedmb

Shows Seen: 119

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    But you are guaranteed seats at a given price, which isn't awful if it means getting seats and not paying 2-3x to robot scalpers.
    You are not guaranteed seats. Selection for seats is random. It's a lottery.

2023 Shows: Highland, Irvine x2, Gorge x3, Charlottesville x2
    lovemesomedmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 01:42 PM   #131
    ngmcs8203

My Tour Central Stats

Is it just me or was anyone else thrown off by him thanking the crowd and saying "I like this place. Thank you for coming." after DYR? I wasn't sure if it was quirky fan engagement or just safe and generic. Later he followed up with "It's nice to come here. Every time we come here, for whatever reason, maybe because we've been here so many times, coming to this place and playing on this stage is a little bit like coming back to a home." Considering Shoreline is the most performed at West Coast venue, outside of the Gorge (which obviously has many 2-3 show counts per stay), it becomes way more genuine than it sounded originally.