Dave's Recent Comments re: critics - Page 16 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
View Poll Results: Are you upset by Dave's comment/attitude towards fans?
Yes 45 13.89%
Meh, no surprise 131 40.43%
Not at all 148 45.68%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2019, 03:00 PM   #451
seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave's Recent Comments re: critics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
Get forked.
The Good Place?

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #452
    karczews41

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    I'm not surprised you think that considering you've proven time and time again you don't know what you're talking about. Next you're going to tell me because I like ice cream I must be obese too...

Keep repeating it though. I'm sure the more you say it the more you'll believe it's true just like everything else.
    When have I proven time and time again I don’t know what I’m talking about? Take a fucking Xanax man, or at least put together a coherent argument/person attack (since that seems to be your favorite thing to do on these boards except bitch for the sake of bitching) that makes some fucking sense, it’s like watching a 3 yr old cry when they don’t know why they’re crying, it’s embarrassing.
    karczews41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #453
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karczews41 View Post
    When have I proven time and time again I don’t know what I’m talking about? Take a fucking Xanax man, or at least put together a coherent argument/person attack (since that seems to be your favorite thing to do on these boards except bitch for the sake of bitching) that makes some fucking sense, it’s like watching a 3 yr old cry when they don’t know why they’re crying, it’s embarrassing.
    You still haven’t addressed any of the flaws I’ve mentioned in your arguments. You said I’m unhappy with everything. I proved that wrong. You said people are only bitching about a 3 song run. I proved that wrong.

You can ad hominem me to death. It’s not going to take away from you trying to write checks your mouth can’t cash.

Go find your safe space.

Last edited by Antiramie; 06-16-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #454
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2019, 04:50 PM   #455
    karczews41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You still haven’t addressed any of the flaws I’ve mentioned in your arguments. You said I’m unhappy with everything. I proved that wrong. You said people are only bitching about a 3 song run. I proved that wrong.

You can ad hominem me to death. It’s not going to take away from you trying to write checks your mouth can’t cash.

Go find your safe space.
    Aw that’s cute
    Old 06-16-2019, 05:27 PM   #456
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

This spat is slightly more entertaining than N2

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #457
    madhatter

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    The Good Place?
    Wait...this is the Bad Place!
    madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2019, 07:47 PM   #458
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Get a room...
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2019, 05:27 AM   #459
    bigeyedpigs

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    <div class="pre-quote">
    Quote de <strong>Antiramie</strong>
    </div>

<div class="post-quote">
    <div style="font-style:italic">I'm not surprised you think that considering you've proven time and time again you don't know what you're talking about. Next you're going to tell me because I like ice cream I must be obese too...<br>
    <br>
    Keep repeating it though. I'm sure the more you say it the more you'll believe it's true just like everything else.</div>
    </div>When have I proven time and time again I don’t know what I’m talking about? Take a fucking Xanax man, or at least put together a coherent argument/person attack (since that seems to be your favorite thing to do on these boards except bitch for the sake of bitching) that makes some fucking sense, it’s like watching a 3 yr old cry when they don’t know why they’re crying, it’s embarrassing.
    I seem to recall an interaction we had a few months back regarding Dave's attitude toward fans, which looks similar to your "discussion" with antiramie. It was pretty much like trying to explain to an intellectually disabled adult why they can't eat crayons for dinner or putting your head between your legs and shouting into your own asshole.

It's funny people are arguing about three songs when in reality take the stone, crush, and sugar will from that n2 set and it is absolutely terrible.

Last edited by bigeyedpigs; 06-17-2019 at 05:28 AM.
    bigeyedpigs is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2019, 06:08 AM   #460
    Bmwm3oz

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigeyedpigs View Post
    I seem to recall an interaction we had a few months back regarding Dave's attitude toward fans, which looks similar to your "discussion" with antiramie. It was pretty much like trying to explain to an intellectually disabled adult why they can't eat crayons for dinner or putting your head between your legs and shouting into your own asshole.

It's funny people are arguing about three songs when in reality take the stone, crush, and sugar will from that n2 set and it is absolutely terrible.
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2019, 08:19 AM   #461
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I gotta admit, I would not have been disappointed to be at either night. Things could be going much worse.
    twostepr41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #462
    eddyg32

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I am honestly blown away by the salt people have about setlists. It's straight up fucking ridiculous to me. I mean Jesus, I feel fortunate enough that these guys are still touring. They could play Stand Up twice over in one night and it wouldn't bother me. They still sound fucking incredible live.

Honestly good for him for saying what he said. He's right, they can kiss his ass. If there's anything I can't stand it's people next to me at a show complaining about the goddamn setlist. Either sit down, take a deep breath or get up and gtfo already.
    eddyg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #463
    karczews41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigeyedpigs View Post

Oh no, I've upset this halfwit now. Awesome comment though, thanks for moving the ball, pal.
    Old 06-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #464
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

Shows Seen: 124

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

If the folks with issues about the setlist would accept that some people are ok with the same setlists and that does not make them wrong, ballwashers or a disciple of Daves this conversation would go much better. If the folks who like the state of the band would see that some wish for things to be different, the conversation would not turn ugly. It is ok for people to have a different opinion then you. It is not ok to make it seem like those with differing opinions are invalid.

I personally get why someone would have a perspective that the setlists could be better. I also get why some can go to any show and dance and sing and have a great time. Both of those things are valid.
    Old 06-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #465
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouKnowThatItIS View Post
    If the folks with issues about the setlist would accept that some people are ok with the same setlists and that does not make them wrong, ballwashers or a disciple of Daves this conversation would go much better. If the folks who like the state of the band would see that some wish for things to be different, the conversation would not turn ugly. It is ok for people to have a different opinion then you. It is not ok to make it seem like those with differing opinions are invalid.

I personally get why someone would have a perspective that the setlists could be better. I also get why some can go to any show and dance and sing and have a great time. Both of those things are valid.
    To all the people complaining.. I get the arguments either way, but the level of vitriol over something you have the right to walk away from if you no longer like it... why the fuck are you here? This band has been doing the same thing for I don't know how many years now. It's not changing. Maybe you should.

Just a plea for a little self reflection.

To those of you paying higher prices than ever for tickets to these shows.. I agree that they don't diversify the sets enough. They also play a lot of songs a large contingent does not want to hear. You have a right to complain, but it's to going to change anything. i've read all of you over the years venting and I've participated on occasion. Do what I did. Quit going to multiple shows and you won't be disappointed. The band as an organization does not want your money that badly, so take the hint and scale it down or quit going altogether. Go be happy. Life is too short to spend money on something you dislike so much.

For those of you that like the vibe of DMB and need a new outlet, I recommend checking out a My Morning Jacket show. Always great.

EDIT: not intended as a response on the poster I quoted.
    Old 06-17-2019, 01:03 PM   #466
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Heyberto View Post
    To all the people complaining.. I get the arguments either way, but the level of vitriol over something you have the right to walk away from if you no longer like it... why the fuck are you here? This band has been doing the same thing for I don't know how many years now. It's not changing. Maybe you should.

Just a plea for a little self reflection.

To those of you paying higher prices than ever for tickets to these shows.. I agree that they don't diversify the sets enough. They also play a lot of songs a large contingent does not want to hear. You have a right to complain, but it's to going to change anything. i've read all of you over the years venting and I've participated on occasion. Do what I did. Quit going to multiple shows and you won't be disappointed. The band as an organization does not want your money that badly, so take the hint and scale it down or quit going altogether. Go be happy. Life is too short to spend money on something you dislike so much.

For those of you that like the vibe of DMB and need a new outlet, I recommend checking out a My Morning Jacket show. Always great.

EDIT: not intended as a response on the poster I quoted.
    DMB still plays good sets. DMB still plays bad sets.

Group A says "good" sets are "good". Group A says "bad" sets are "bad".

Group B calls what Group A does absurd. Group A fires back.

Group B gets defensive. Group A laughs at Group B for being stupid.

Last edited by Antiramie; 06-17-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    Old 06-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #467
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Group A says good sets are "good". Group A says bad sets are "bad".

Group B calls what Group A does absurd. Group A fires back.

Group B gets defensive. Group B laughs at Group A for being stupid.
    All of you need to chill the hell out. Like what you like. Let whoever likes what you don't like it. Move on. It's not rocket science. At least go find something worthwhile to argue about.
    Old 06-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #468
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    All of you need to chill the hell out. Like what you like. Let whoever likes what you don't like it. Move on. It's not rocket science. At least go find something worthwhile to argue about.
    You're telling that to the wrong person. It's the people that can't understand why people don't like what they do that need to chill the fuck out.

I'm not going to The Fam telling them they're idiots for liking every setlist. But people are telling fans that don't like certain setlists that they're being ridiculous. It's a neverending avalanche of snowflakes.

Last edited by Antiramie; 06-17-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    Old 06-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #469
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You're telling that to the wrong person. It's the people that can't understand why people don't like what they do that need to chill the fuck out.
    Quoting you doesn't mean it's directed at you. Same as the dude I quoted above.
    Old 06-17-2019, 01:10 PM   #470
    Bmwm3oz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Can I apply your same logic here? Why are you in this thread? There are many sub-forums and threads on these boards that are positive and 'happy'. Maybe you should change and go there instead?

Allow people to have an outlet and vent, it's not really your business and you don't have to choose to be here.

Also, do you think this will stop because of your post? People will complain forever, and it's always been that way. It won't stop because you're asking people to reconsider.
    Old 06-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #471
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quoting you doesn't mean it's directed at you. Same as the dude I quoted above.
    It was confusing since you quoted me and then said "All of you".
    Old 06-17-2019, 01:17 PM   #472
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz View Post
    Can I apply your same logic here? Why are you in this thread? There are many sub-forums and threads on these boards that are positive and 'happy'. Maybe you should change and go there instead?

Allow people to have an outlet and vent, it's not really your business and you don't have to choose to be here.
    I'm venting, you're venting.. who's telling who not to vent? Not me. Vent all you want. But if people sound like entitled babies and I want to tell them in a public forum, I can do that. Not my business? It's in a public forum dude. Lighten up.
    Old 06-17-2019, 01:17 PM   #473
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It was confusing since you quoted me and then said "All of you".
    Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. I really don't know. I didn't back read that much.
    Old 06-17-2019, 01:22 PM   #474
    Bmwm3oz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm venting, you're venting.. who's telling who not to vent? Not me. Vent all you want. But if people sound like entitled babies and I want to tell them in a public forum, I can do that. Not my business? It's in a public forum dude. Lighten up.
    Lighten up? I'm laughing at your passionate melt where you tell people what to do because you did something. I haven't burnt a calorie of emotion or energy responding to you. Just having a good time laughing at the contradictory. It's even funnier now because you're evidently blind to the irony.
    Old 06-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #475
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz View Post
    Lighten up? I'm laughing at your passionate melt where you tell people what to do because you did something. I haven't burnt a calorie of emotion or energy responding to you. Just having a good time laughing at the contradictory. It's even funnier now because you're evidently blind to the irony.
    lol. Keep going... I'm listening.
    Old 06-17-2019, 02:00 PM   #476
    Bmwm3oz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    lol. Keep going... I'm listening.
    I was going to say the same thing if you responded . I got not beef with you dude.
    Old 06-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #477
    karczews41

My Tour Central Stats

[QUOTE=Antiramie;17473832]DMB still plays good sets. DMB still plays bad sets.

Group B calls what Group A does absurd. Group A immediately volleys personal attacks because has no other argument style

Group B attempts to have some semblance of a grown up person's conversation. Group A melt's down hysterically for hours on end

Fixed that for you.

EDIT: at least the mod had the sense to remove his uncalled for personal attack from last night. You're just a hot mess though.

Last edited by karczews41; 06-17-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    Old 06-17-2019, 02:23 PM   #478
    Bmwm3oz

My Tour Central Stats

[QUOTE=karczews41;17473894]
    Quote:

Group B calls what Group A does absurd. Group A immediately volleys personal attacks because has no other argument style

Group B attempts to have some semblance of a grown up person's conversation. Group A melt's down hysterically for hours on end

Fixed that for you.

EDIT: at least the mod had the sense to remove his uncalled for personal attack from last night. You're just a hot mess though.
    Your career does suit you well (assuming I'm guessing the right career based on prior posts). Do you ever let up or are you just the argue machine?
    Old 06-17-2019, 02:30 PM   #479
    Bmwm3oz

My Tour Central Stats

[QUOTE=Bmwm3oz;17473915]
    Quote:

Your career does suit you well (assuming I'm guessing the right career based on prior posts). Do you ever let up or are you just the argue machine?
    This post is directed at karczews41, not Ant.. no idea what karczews41 did to the post.

Wow, wtf is happening? I could fix it but oh well.
    Old 06-17-2019, 02:32 PM   #480
    karczews41

My Tour Central Stats

[QUOTE=Bmwm3oz;17473915]
    Quote:

I got no problem letting up once people stop mischaracterizing what's transpired. I don't just throw out personal attacks, but will respond. I can handle when people disagree with me. What I won't accept is some feeble little twat rage posting straight up lies for hours without an ability to back up his position.