Disney World - Page 140 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 10-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #4171
UCFish
Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Disney World

RIP Disneyland.

Gavin Newsome may actually kill it.

With new restrictions that would require it to be in the yellow it won't open anytime soon.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-26-2020, 09:09 AM   #4172
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

So first time Disney goer. Planning for December 2021 as a honeymoon trip. The Grand Floridian was the goal for the awesome look at Christmas time, but it just feels out of budget right now. Working with my travel agent, I feel like I have it narrowed down to Yacht, Contemporary, and The Destino Tower at Coronado resort. Any pro's/con's to any of these to help me narrow it down to which one? I'd be saving about $1,500 on my ticket/lodging package between Destino and Yacht. Closer to $2,000 compared to Contemporary. This is just 2 adults, no kids, both first timers to the parks.

Nashville '19, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21, Huntsville '22, Jacksonville '22, Deer Creek '22, Denver '22, Southaven '23, Nashville '23, Deer Creek '23
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-26-2020, 09:35 AM   #4173
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UCFish View Post
    RIP Disneyland.

Gavin Newsome may actually kill it.

With new restrictions that would require it to be in the yellow it won't open anytime soon.
    Getting a little worried about Lauren's job. Not sure how much longer this can go on.

However, this was an interesting announcement from over the weekend. Obviously isn't the most ideal, but it helps a little:
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-vista-street/
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-26-2020, 11:55 AM   #4174
    diableri
    Stay Limber

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 View Post
    So first time Disney goer. Planning for December 2021 as a honeymoon trip. The Grand Floridian was the goal for the awesome look at Christmas time, but it just feels out of budget right now. Working with my travel agent, I feel like I have it narrowed down to Yacht, Contemporary, and The Destino Tower at Coronado resort. Any pro's/con's to any of these to help me narrow it down to which one? I'd be saving about $1,500 on my ticket/lodging package between Destino and Yacht. Closer to $2,000 compared to Contemporary. This is just 2 adults, no kids, both first timers to the parks.
    You can get better advice from others here but I’ll give you my two cents.

Assuming you guys are disneyphiles since it’s a honeymoon pick. Disneyworld to me just isn’t a budgeting trip. Especially for first timers. Save for it to get to a point where you can go and do what you want, where you want and not worry about the money. Everything you do and everywhere you go is expensive. It’s simply the price of admission.

I’ve loved the contemporary since I was a child and would always choose it. Especially fireworks dinner and drinks, that is made for a honeymoon memory. The Floridian is great too and is flat out amazing for a wedding but... heh. For a honeymoon stay, incredible experience but I’d still choose the contemporary. I can’t comment on the other two, I’ve not stayed at them but I really like yacht from eating there and it’s location.

The only other advice I’d offer is do your best get to a point where you can do what you while you’re there and not concern yourself with the costs. Everyone I’ve been there with that was tight on their budget had far less of a good time. Give yourself a good cushion.

Congratulations on your engagement and planning!

Last edited by diableri; 10-26-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    diableri is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-26-2020, 12:34 PM   #4175
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by diableri View Post

Assuming you guys are disneyphiles since it’s a honeymoon pick. Disneyworld to me just isn’t a budgeting trip. Especially for first timers. Save for it to get to a point where you can go and do what you want, where you want and not worry about the money. Everything you do and everywhere you go is expensive. It’s simply the price of admission.

I’ve loved the contemporary since I was a child and would always choose it. Especially fireworks dinner and drinks, that is made for a honeymoon memory. The Floridian is great too and is flat out amazing for a wedding but... heh. For a honeymoon stay, incredible experience but I’d still choose the contemporary. I can’t comment on the other two, I’ve not stayed at them but I really like yacht from eating there and it’s location.

The only other advice I’d offer is do your best get to a point where you can do what you while you’re there and not concern yourself with the costs. Everyone I’ve been there with that was tight on their budget had far less of a good time. Give yourself a good cushion.

This is the best advice. Wife and I did our honeymoon there in 2018. We went through a travel agent who saved us thousands (and the full dining plan saved us almost a grand). We knew we were gonna spend thousands, but we didn't think about it once while we were there because he got it as low as we could before the trip. If you do that and not worry about while there, you're gonna have a blast.

Congrats and have fun! We certainly did.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-26-2020, 12:35 PM   #4176
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Side note: We stayed at Old Key West. Great, chill quiet resort, which leads to my next thought...

To add to the advice train: Have at least one non-park day to recharge and make the trip feel like an actual honeymoon. It's a lot of go, go, go. But if that's your thing, it will be unforgettable.

NHL Thread Banner

Last edited by Roose13; 10-26-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Old 10-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #4177
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I appreciate the two cents, definitely any insight to the resorts is better than none. I have learned through my short time planning that Disney is definitely a beast of its own to tackle, especially for a first timer. Luckily, I found a great travel agent and have had a few friends to call on for opinions. I think for the most part budget is out the window, but we still want to spend wisely on this trip and if an extra $1,500 - $2,000 doesn't really change the experience much, then we would like to go with the better value. Of all the packages sent to me, the Contemporary has stood out the most, but the fiancee is in love with the idea of the Grand Floridian at Christmas time.

Also, care to expand a little more on the Fireworks Dinner and Drinks?

Nashville '19, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21, Huntsville '22, Jacksonville '22, Deer Creek '22, Denver '22, Southaven '23, Nashville '23, Deer Creek '23
    Old 10-26-2020, 01:29 PM   #4178
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    This is the best advice. Wife and I did our honeymoon there in 2018. We went through a travel agent who saved us thousands (and the full dining plan saved us almost a grand). We knew we were gonna spend thousands, but we didn't think about it once while we were there because he got it as low as we could before the trip. If you do that and not worry about while there, you're gonna have a blast.

Congrats and have fun! We certainly did.

Yes, went with the travel agent who looks to over the next 12-13 months find us some more savings prior to the actual trip. I've seen her work some miracles, so i'm hopeful for additional savings. Also, yes, we are going with a full dining plan for our week at Disney.

I think both my fiancee and I have agreed that we are willing to spend the little bit of extra to really do this trip right. Also, we both have too much stuff, so we are dedicating our registry to Disney and honeymoon fund.

Really we are just narrowing down the resort experience that will put the trip over the top.

Old 10-26-2020, 01:41 PM   #4179
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes, went with the travel agent who looks to over the next 12-13 months find us some more savings prior to the actual trip. I've seen her work some miracles, so i'm hopeful for additional savings. Also, yes, we are going with a full dining plan for our week at Disney.

I think both my fiancee and I have agreed that we are willing to spend the little bit of extra to really do this trip right. Also, we both have too much stuff, so we are dedicating our registry to Disney and honeymoon fund.

Really we are just narrowing down the resort experience that will put the trip over the top.
    You sound like you're in the right mindset, then! Our honeymoon was our last trip (and will be the last trip we ever take childless). We were gonna go in July, but moved the trip back to next July.

Hopefully your trip (and ours) is maskless!

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 10-26-2020, 01:44 PM   #4180
    diableri
    Stay Limber

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I appreciate the two cents, definitely any insight to the resorts is better than none. I have learned through my short time planning that Disney is definitely a beast of its own to tackle, especially for a first timer. Luckily, I found a great travel agent and have had a few friends to call on for opinions. I think for the most part budget is out the window, but we still want to spend wisely on this trip and if an extra $1,500 - $2,000 doesn't really change the experience much, then we would like to go with the better value. Of all the packages sent to me, the Contemporary has stood out the most, but the fiancee is in love with the idea of the Grand Floridian at Christmas time.

Also, care to expand a little more on the Fireworks Dinner and Drinks?
    Tell the agent that a must do is a fireworks dinner at some point during your trip even if you don’t stay at the contemporary. Like I said, it’s a honeymoon moment that Disney is just the best at creating. The food is also really good.

I’d tell you to just google fireworks contemporary but I kind of don’t want it to be spoiled for you and your fiancé. It is worth the hassle and expense to be sure to do this one of the nights. There are lots of moments like that at Disney world but I think that one is the must do for a honeymoon. Just my opinion here but it’s really pretty great for a couple on a romantic trip. Try to do it on a night you won’t be completely burned out on. The world is larger than everyone thinks the first time and it’s easy to over do it like roose mentioned.

Last edited by diableri; 10-26-2020 at 01:46 PM.
    Old 10-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #4181
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Tell the agent that a must do is a fireworks dinner at some point during your trip even if you don’t stay at the contemporary. Like I said, it’s a honeymoon moment that Disney is just the best at creating. The food is also really good.

I’d tell you to just google fireworks contemporary but I kind of don’t want it to be spoiled for you and your fiancé. It is worth the hassle and expense to be sure to do this one of the nights. There are lots of moments like that at Disney world but I think that one is the must do for a honeymoon. Just my opinion here but it’s really pretty great for a couple on a romantic trip. Try to do it on a night you won’t be completely burned out on. The world is larger than everyone thinks the first time and it’s easy to over do it like roose mentioned.
    Our first night there we did that. Ate at California Grill and then went out to the balcony for the show. Perfect night.

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 10-26-2020, 02:08 PM   #4182
    diableri
    Stay Limber

My Tour Central Stats

I’m fiending to go back now of course.
    Old 10-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #4183
    TablesTurnAgain

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I'm....going to Disney World in 3 days! Staying at Pop Century from Thursday to Sunday, going to Animal Kingdom Friday and Hollywood Studios on Saturday.

We went end of last January, JUST before COVID started, so it'll be real neat to go back so soon with such a different experience. Hoping it'll be a little slower, but I understand Halloween weekend it will probably be busy as usual.

Just need to make sure the tropical storm in the gulf doesn't hook east.
    TablesTurnAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-26-2020, 06:37 PM   #4184
    RushianSyrinx

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I’ve done many Disney trips. Did honeymoon at the Contemporary and stayed in the main building, park side. One thing to consider - there’s lots of building noise from the main building. While it wasn’t terribly disturbing, it was enough to laugh about and to Keep in mind if this trip is a honeymoon and you’ll be doing what couples do on that trip.

It’s a great resort and the rooms were fantastic.

For me, I’d go Poly if I could do it again. It was quieter and the adult only pools were fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mystic rhythms -- under northern lights
    Primitive things stir
    The hearts of everyone
    RushianSyrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-26-2020, 06:48 PM   #4185
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    given that it's a honeymoon I'd opt for the Coronado - that's the one furthest away from the hustle and bustle of WDW. My personal fav is the Yacht of those (Contemporary is great - but for a honeymoon I'd want to do some non-park things too [not that - I mean the other WDW activities])

Despite the fact that its your 1st time - you're going to want to do all the parks b/c duh, but I'd def plan for a non-park day. A day to spend at the pool or at Disney Springs. The way things are, you can reasonably do AK and Epcot in the same day. Leave a day for HS and a day for MK. so if you had a 4 day trip I'd do AK in the AM, leave by noonish and finish in Epcot.

In theory, Dec 2021 will be pretty busy, so keep that in mind.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-27-2020, 07:20 AM   #4186
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    given that it's a honeymoon I'd opt for the Coronado - that's the one furthest away from the hustle and bustle of WDW. My personal fav is the Yacht of those (Contemporary is great - but for a honeymoon I'd want to do some non-park things too [not that - I mean the other WDW activities])

Despite the fact that its your 1st time - you're going to want to do all the parks b/c duh, but I'd def plan for a non-park day. A day to spend at the pool or at Disney Springs. The way things are, you can reasonably do AK and Epcot in the same day. Leave a day for HS and a day for MK. so if you had a 4 day trip I'd do AK in the AM, leave by noonish and finish in Epcot.

Again, all of this is great advice and similar to some things I said. Can't stress how much you're gonna need a non-park day.

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 10-27-2020, 08:17 AM   #4187
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post

If that is even allowed by next December......Park Hopping still not allowed currently.
    Old 10-27-2020, 09:01 AM   #4188
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UCFish View Post
    If that is even allowed by next December......Park Hopping still not allowed currently.
    And when my friends booked their honeymoon for Dec. 2021, he said parkhopper wasn't available.

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 11-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #4189
    TablesTurnAgain

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Got home today, had a good weekend at WDW.

Spent Friday at AK, most rides were 10 minutes or less for wait, even Avatar was short. Got to bookend the day with Expedition Everest.

Saturday was busier at HS, being Halloween and all. The new Mickie and Minnie ride is cute, similar style to the Winnie the Pooh ride at MK, I like that.

We were halfway through Rise of the Resistance when it broke down and had to walk all the way back to the initial drop off room in the Star Destroyer bay before going through again. Also finished the night on Smugglers Run...which also broke down halfway through and we had to walk around and start it over after close. They had a funny video recording to play when it broke down, apologizing for the breakdown. It was interesting more than annoying, so I appreciated the experience.

Also, we blew up Olgas per usual. DJ R-3X is our favorite part of Galaxy Edge.
    TablesTurnAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2020, 06:20 AM   #4190
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

So we ended up canceling our trip (we would have flown home yesterday) it was sad but the right call

We postponed to next year same week, but moved over to the contemporary

And for a honeymoon I agree with Jake stay at the grand destino tower, stayed there in 2019 and it’s awesome.
    Old 11-03-2020, 08:26 AM   #4191
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    So we ended up canceling our trip (we would have flown home yesterday) it was sad but the right call

We postponed to next year same week, but moved over to the contemporary

And for a honeymoon I agree with Jake stay at the grand destino tower, stayed there in 2019 and it’s awesome.
    Justin!!!!!!! Where the hell have you been? The Taylor thread hasn't been the same without you!
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2020, 09:11 AM   #4192
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    Justin!!!!!!! Where the hell have you been? The Taylor thread hasn't been the same without you!

Sup homey. Ha, I’m counting down the days until we hear 2020 Taylor sing “I’d lie”
    Old 11-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #4193
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    Sup homey. Ha, I’m counting down the days until we hear 2020 Taylor sing “I’d lie”
    For a moment I thought you'd went back into the service.

Yeah, it's going to be an interesting take to hear her new/old stuff re-recorded. To keep it relevant for this thread, I wonder if Disney would ever have interest in buying her catalogue.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #4194
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    For a moment I thought you'd went back into the service.

Yeah, it's going to be an interesting take to hear her new/old stuff re-recorded. To keep it relevant for this thread, I wonder if Disney would ever have interest in buying her catalogue.

I do hope she does more with Disney. They obviously have a relationship it would be cool to get her involved in some park stuff/movies
    Old 11-12-2020, 07:20 AM   #4195
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

https://twitter.com/park_journey/sta...773295617?s=21

I mean I’ll never ride it since Slinky Dog makes me almost pass out but Iron Gwazi looks dope
    Old 11-12-2020, 07:40 AM   #4196
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Can't wait to see lines 5 hours long for a 1-minute ride. But holy shit that thing looks dope.

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 11-12-2020, 08:26 AM   #4197
    firedancer34

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

i booked a trip for dec 2021. had one booked for this past may that of course fell through. hoping things are better by then, we need a trip.
    firedancer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-16-2020, 11:07 AM   #4198
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

My Tour Central Stats

I didn't see a thread for Universal, any tips for it? My fiancee and I decided to do it as a little getaway this December before we dedicate a week to Disney next December. Seems like going during the week right now makes for a much easier experience with crowds. We are staying at a Universal resort for the early entry. All suggestions and pieces of advice are appreciated, we are pumped!

Old 11-16-2020, 01:32 PM   #4199
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I didn't see a thread for Universal, any tips for it? My fiancee and I decided to do it as a little getaway this December before we dedicate a week to Disney next December. Seems like going during the week right now makes for a much easier experience with crowds. We are staying at a Universal resort for the early entry. All suggestions and pieces of advice are appreciated, we are pumped!
    Which hotel are you staying at. Honestly depending on the price difference to go up a tier and stay at Hard Rock/Royal Pacific or Portofino (reopening in Dec) it is probably worth it. Those 3 come with front of the line on almost every attraction for the duration of your stay. Obviously if it is way more per night it is probably not worth it but something to consider.

Weekdays is definitely much better than weekends in terms of lines. Weekends are basically ridiculous right now. Make sure to download the app and use virtual queue for Hagrids as it is the most popular ride and the best.
    Old 11-20-2020, 05:10 AM   #4200
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Park hopper is back 1 Jan

Woot