Live Trax 52: Darling's Waterfront Pavilion 6.6.14 - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > Live Releases

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #121
Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Live Trax 52: Darling's Waterfront Pavilion 6.6.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
CD's finally arrived... why do they always miss the data tagging on at least 1 CD?

The mix is truly fantastic!
This happens with every release. They're basically never tagged consistently.
Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-05-2020, 05:20 AM   #122
    Whiteyxc514

My Tour Central Stats

I caved and bought this. The mix on the acoustic set is so good. Electric set isn’t anything standout, but there are some solid performances. Love that Crush.
    Old 08-05-2020, 05:23 AM   #123
    drop2d

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    I caved and bought this. The mix on the acoustic set is so good. Electric set isn’t anything standout, but there are some solid performances. Love that Crush.
    Yeah, I don't even like Oh... but it sounds so good I really don't mind listening to it.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2020, 08:31 AM   #124
    DMBlunts

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I think this is a really fun release, very good measure of what the 2 sets DMB sounded like, and a cool time capsule like release from this era of the band.
    While I'm still confused as to why they chose this particular show given there were many others that really stood out during the time period, no one will ever know.
    But that doesn't mean it's a bad release or a bad show, I've enjoyed listening to it very much.
    #22 in 2021.
    DMBlunts is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2020, 03:12 PM   #125
    Whiteyxc514

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBlunts View Post
    I think this is a really fun release, very good measure of what the 2 sets DMB sounded like, and a cool time capsule like release from this era of the band.
    While I'm still confused as to why they chose this particular show given there were many others that really stood out during the time period, no one will ever know.
    But that doesn't mean it's a bad release or a bad show, I've enjoyed listening to it very much.

I know DMB2Sets generally didn’t live up to people’s expectations but I love how the acoustic sets translate to live recordings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 08-06-2020, 06:31 AM   #126
    jl1982

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone have HQ Album art for this?

edit: nm found in other thread

Last edited by jl1982; 08-06-2020 at 06:33 AM.
    jl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #127
    bballman720

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone else who bought the physical CD still have not seen any shipping movement? I got a tracking number but no movement yet.
    bballman720 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #128
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bballman720 View Post
    Anyone else who bought the physical CD still have not seen any shipping movement? I got a tracking number but no movement yet.

Mine sat in Virginia for days after they told me they shipped it July 29th. It just arrived in my state earlier this morning.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #129
    beech1624

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I got mine yesterday after watching it ship from WV up to MA then down to CT for a couple of days and then up to ME.
    beech1624 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-07-2020, 08:18 AM   #130
    laststopdmb

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I received my live trax cd yesterday and it's Live Trax 51. Just got off the phone with Music Today and I have to wait a few days before they will send me a label to send it back and then I'll have to wait for a new one to be shipped. I hate Music Today. Sorry to bitch.
    Old 08-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #131
    Whiteyxc514

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laststopdmb View Post
    I received my live trax cd yesterday and it's Live Trax 51. Just got off the phone with Music Today and I have to wait a few days before they will send me a label to send it back and then I'll have to wait for a new one to be shipped. I hate Music Today. Sorry to bitch.
    They aren't just gonna let you keep Live Trax 51? That's lame.
    Old 08-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #132
    laststopdmb

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    They aren't just gonna let you keep Live Trax 51? That's lame.
    HA, well I already have it so I don't need another copy. They are so rude and unhelpful. I begged them to provide me with the digital download while I waited for the CD to come and she said no. I even had to email her photo proof I received the wrong disc. Like I was lying. They are crap.
    Old 08-07-2020, 07:16 PM   #133
    CrAzYEasyDMB04
    This is the Last Stop

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBlunts View Post
    I think part of the reason why they chose bangor, Maine was because it was the first time dave had played in maine since 97 (and that was dave and tim) so I think location played a big part... also the show is the tits
    Old 08-07-2020, 07:26 PM   #134
    Fpuonpko

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Listening now. The acoustic set sounds pretty great.
    Fpuonpko is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2020, 10:06 AM   #135
    bballman720

My Tour Central Stats

I just got this today. Where can I find the artwork for this?
    Old 08-12-2020, 03:43 PM   #136
    bballman720

My Tour Central Stats

I found it on the 1st page of this thread. It has that stupid cloud symbol on it but oh well.
    Old 09-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #137
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Snagged the digital download and listened while painting today. Pretty enjoyable despite the fact that this could be one of Boyd’s worst releases. He was clearly struggling that night. Damn. His solo on Crush was brutal. Anyone know if he dropped his bow or did it go so far off the rails they muted him? Because he drops out pretty abruptly and I know he was having trouble dropping it once in a while around that period. He has some alright moments, but not a good show for him. Very interesting choice for a release. Very cool to hear Boyd play on Spaceman. Never been able to hear him on that ever.
    Acoustic set is really nice, and there’s a couple odd standouts for me, one is that Jimi Thing is stellar, and the other, I found myself really digging If Only.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2020, 05:56 PM   #138
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Snagged the digital download and listened while painting today. Pretty enjoyable despite the fact that this could be one of Boyd’s worst releases. He was clearly struggling that night. Damn. His solo on Crush was brutal. Anyone know if he dropped his bow or did it go so far off the rails they muted him? Because he drops out pretty abruptly and I know he was having trouble dropping it once in a while around that period. He has some alright moments, but not a good show for him. Very interesting choice for a release. Very cool to hear Boyd play on Spaceman. Never been able to hear him on that ever.
    Acoustic set is really nice, and there’s a couple odd standouts for me, one is that Jimi Thing is stellar, and the other, I found myself really digging If Only.
    Old 09-23-2020, 04:17 PM   #139
    Cami

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bballman720 View Post
    i just got this today. Where can i find the artwork for this?

00 - 00 - Dave Matthews Band - Live Trax vol_ 52 Darling's Waterfront Pavilion - Ants Marching.jpg
    Cami is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2021, 11:31 AM   #140
    kenticus

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Just now got this - listened to the full acoustic set and so far it’s good instrument separation in the mix, able to clearly pick out everyone, can really distinctly hear Dave AND Tim’s guitars separately, able to hear carter cracking jokes off mic between songs, etc. Acoustic set in particular had really good flow to it and band in good spirits, with Dave cracking “opening band” jokes about porta potties lol.

So far actually a better release when listened to than it is on paper. Handful of songs into electric set and same thing - good instrument separation in the mix and able to clearly to pick stuff out which is good to hear from 2014 version of band!
    kenticus is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2021, 12:22 PM   #141
    sean52692

My Tour Central Stats

You can say a lot of not so good things about this release, but you can't say that the mix is bad. Love the way this one sounds.
    sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-18-2021, 08:27 AM   #142
    kenticus

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    You can say a lot of not so good things about this release, but you can't say that the mix is bad. Love the way this one sounds.
    Even the electric set, doesn’t look awesome on paper, but the band kind of smokes it. Rare that I’d compliment the SpaceBreadzzzzz but Carter’s two mins of drum solo intro sets up those jams pretty well, gotta love blue water > warehouse, crush is great even with boyd kind of falling apart, save me rocks out prettty hard. I was surprised too that Stolen Away grabbed me for the first time on this release - never really had been a jam for me but IMO works great in the acoustic set.

I’d say overall thumbs up release imo
    Old 02-18-2021, 11:59 AM   #143
    Whiteyxc514

My Tour Central Stats

I think the #2Sets era didn't live up to expectations for many, but it was a unique era in the band's history and I really liked the way the acoustic sets (particularly on this release) have translated to live recordings. I'd love another LT from 2014 or 2015.
    Old 02-19-2021, 10:54 AM   #144
    HonestDenver1

My Tour Central Stats

Yes.. This release was a pleasant surprise when I got it too. They really did an excellent job on mixing/mastering. All the instruments on the acoustic set are pristine sounding and mixed well... A lot of warmth to it.

For 2014, it's a good show.. But I wish they would have chosen something even earlier in the tour... Those very first couple shows were pretty magical.. Carter was using more hand drums and it was very much "acoustic"... They also were switching up unique and interesting parts to songs like two step or tripping billies.. It didn't sound the same and I was genuinely excited for the rest of the summer

THEN...

I think it was too quiet for large audiences and Carter switched to using a snare and cymbals. Like big crashing cymbals on everything and open high hat... It was a lot of BASHHHHHSSSHHHHH.... and other than Tim on acoustic most of the songs were played the exact same was as they had been for years in a regular setting..

I don't think the electric set on this is all that good. A couple good stand out versions but kind of blah overall.. Typical of 2014 though unfortunately...

Dave just couldn't quite get the flow right of either set... 8-9 songs is not enough.. Especially when the first 2 or so were solo, and then one or Dave and tim or carter songs.. and then the band comes out for a full band version "I'll Back You Up"? Like it just never took off.. and then the last song would be ants or billies and you're finally like "YA this is what I'm looking for.. " then they went and took a 75 minute break before coming out to play "You and Me"... Just ugh...
    HonestDenver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-20-2021, 01:00 PM   #145
    kenticus

My Tour Central Stats

I do agree it is good to have a show from early 2014 where the acoustic sets were true acoustic sets line mentioned above with carter doing more hand drums and different configurations of the band playing songs. By 2015, carter was just playing a full on smaller version of his regular kit and acoustic sticks.....

Anyway - overall acoustic set here flows really well to me and to my ears the band really throws in great versions of tunes that all flowed well together. Dave and carter super talkative and lots of joking going on, you could tell they were still figuring the format out and playing around with it.

Do agree that overall the TwoSets thing never truly took off - Dave just for whatever reason never seemed to find a way to write up an acoustic set that built to a boil well and then the main sets always just felt a weeeee bit truncated. You’d have nights with amazing acoustic sets and then odd electric sets and vice versa, just kind of a mishmash. This early stuff though is particularly cool just because they’re getting their sea legs and in the case of this show, playing great overall.

Dare I say, great takes on: bartender (Timmy has some fun there), two step, stolen away, I’ll back you up (LOVE this 4 man version), recently is fun even truncated, the run from crush - end of spaceman is pretty sweet (yes spaceman is great on this release with the two min carter drum solo intro), jimi is pretty inspired, and then ants as a normal closer but they bring some good fire to it.

I dunno maybe recency bias but I like this release a bit.
    Old 02-20-2021, 04:10 PM   #146
    sean52692

My Tour Central Stats

Nice summaries. I definitely remember digging SpaceBread from this release.
    Old 02-21-2021, 04:14 AM   #147
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Not a great release, but has some moments. Mostly unexpected ones, like one I mentioned previously, If Only. Find myself grooving to this version here and there. Before I heard this one I never listened to that song.
    Old 03-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #148
    ScottCavBBQ
    twitter: @scottcavinc

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

is this worth dumping money on. i am only missing live trax 46,50, and this one. have the money to get two of the three. definately getting 50, so the debate in my head is, already have so many shows from the sirius broadcasts, do i need 46 even though its probably better this one. sounds like the acoustic set might make this one the choice over 46 even though overall 46 is probably the better show
    Old 03-07-2021, 11:07 AM   #149
    sean52692

My Tour Central Stats

Personally, I think it's worth a buy soley because of the mix. The audio sounds so good.
    Old 03-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #150
    HonestDenver1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ScottCavBBQ View Post
    is this worth dumping money on. i am only missing live trax 46,50, and this one. have the money to get two of the three. definately getting 50, so the debate in my head is, already have so many shows from the sirius broadcasts, do i need 46 even though its probably better this one. sounds like the acoustic set might make this one the choice over 46 even though overall 46 is probably the better show
    I’d go 46 before 52... 46 has a great mix as well and as long as you’re ok with the new version of the band it’s an awesome show.. good energy and playing from start to finish and one of the only longer two steps in the last few years. Getting to watch buddy’s face on the video of it is unreal knowing he had never played it before..
    HonestDenver1 is offline   Reply With Quote