*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 11956 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #358651
TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)

what are the numbers? the percentages?

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-03-2021, 07:42 PM   #358652
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouKnowThatItIS View Post
    We were told “If people with notoriety would only tout the merits of the vaccine then hesitancy will evaporate.”

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...276557829?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man if only there was a reason some people make responsible decisions and others don't...like how they were raised and where they get their news. But god forbid we hold anyone who's swaying opinions responsible for creating downstream effects!
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-03-2021, 07:46 PM   #358653
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded 182,874 wasted doses as of late March, three months into the country's effort to vaccinate the masses against the coronavirus. CVS was responsible for nearly half, and Walgreens was responsible for 21 percent, or nearly 128,500 wasted shots combined.

CDC data suggest that the companies have wasted more doses than states, U.S. territories and federal agencies combined. Pfizer's vaccine, which in December was the first to be deployed and initially required storage at ultracold temperatures, made up nearly 60 percent of the tossed doses.

It's not completely clear from the CDC data why the two chains wasted so much more vaccine than states and federal agencies. Some critics have pointed to poor planning early in the rollout, when the Trump administration leaned heavily on CVS and Walgreens to vaccinate residents and staff members of long-term care facilities. In response to questions, CVS said "nearly all" of its reported vaccine waste occurred during that effort.
    Color me shocked.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...tates-n1266032
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-03-2021, 07:46 PM   #358654
    swordo84
    . .

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We were told “If people with notoriety would only tout the merits of the vaccine then hesitancy will evaporate.”

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...276557829?s=21

The world will inarguably be better when this ass hat meets his maker.
    swordo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-03-2021, 07:52 PM   #358655
    Antiramie

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Who calls their 16-18 year old children "little kids"?

And who calls a 59 year old an "old man"?

Fucker Carlson is such a gaslighting scumbag

Quote:
    Originally Posted by swordo84 View Post
    The world will inarguably be better when this ass hat meets his maker.
    Most definitely.

Last edited by Antiramie; 05-03-2021 at 07:54 PM.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-03-2021, 08:05 PM   #358656
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Maybe Joe needs to try a reverse psychology approach and announce that since we are seeing a slow down in demand for vaccines here, we are going to start giving vaccines to our brothers and sisters to the north and south (Canada and Mexico) and then to other countries.

Could probably get a nice 30% boost to the numbers just on people not wanting vaccines to go to non Americans.

Can already hear the Tucker segment:

Joe doesn't want real Americans to have access to the vaccine? Why is he giving a shot destined for your grandma to a teenager in Mexico??
    Old 05-03-2021, 08:51 PM   #358657
    Gene Parmesan

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    Who calls their 16-18 year old children "little kids"?

And who calls a 59 year old an "old man"?

Fucker Carlson is such a gaslighting scumbag

Most definitely.
    I'm sure he'll be consistent when he has to talk about Gaetz.
    Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 03:35 AM   #358658
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Right but it's all about the percentages

Let’s keep that same energy when deciding if we should turn millions of Americans into criminals because they own a rifle that some people use to murder less than 400 people a year.
    Old 05-04-2021, 03:41 AM   #358659
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

Shows Seen: 124

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post
    Maybe Joe needs to try a reverse psychology approach and announce that since we are seeing a slow down in demand for vaccines here, we are going to start giving vaccines to our brothers and sisters to the north and south (Canada and Mexico) and then to other countries.

Could probably get a nice 30% boost to the numbers just on people not wanting vaccines to go to non Americans.

Can already hear the Tucker segment:

Joe doesn't want real Americans to have access to the vaccine? Why is he giving a shot destined for your grandma to a teenager in Mexico??

We will likely do this if supply continues to exceed demand. May as well announce it and see what happens. I don’t think it would cause less people to get vaccinated.

Old 05-04-2021, 03:49 AM   #358660
    ricky towel

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Florida governor DeSantis suspends all Covid restrictions: 'We are no longer in a state of emergency'

https://twitter.com/cnbc/status/1389...139679236?s=21

The anti-vaxxers won’t be convinced, because they will be getting everything they want without needing to get the vaccine. Can’t make the message “get vaccinated so things will open up” when things are opening up anyway.
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 04:32 AM   #358661
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post
    Florida governor DeSantis suspends all Covid restrictions: 'We are no longer in a state of emergency'

The anti-vaxxers won’t be convinced, because they will be getting everything they want without needing to get the vaccine. Can’t make the message “get vaccinated so things will open up” when things are opening up anyway.
    Texas is probably going to take a similar course of action. I wouldn't be surprised if its lifted just before memorial day weekend. I know a few of the venues I work at are opening full capacity on June 1st, no social distancing and masks optional. So they probably caught wind of a plan not made public yet.
    Old 05-04-2021, 04:48 AM   #358662
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Selfish people are going to do their selfish bullshit. They are emboldened by a barrage of disinformation that yes... comes mostly from the right.

Good article detailing the disinformation campaign that debunks a lot of vaccine myths here: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/28/healt...ked/index.html

This is an excerpt and a solid talking point when someone says what you portrayed.

'It's none of your business if I don't get vaccinated'

Refusing the Covid-19 vaccine actually impacts a lot of people -- yourself, your loved ones, even the country as a whole.

"When people say, 'What do you care? You're vaccinated. I'm going to choose not to be vaccinated. You're vaccinated, so you're good'" -- that makes three false assumptions, Offit said.

"First of all, the vaccines aren't 100% effective." So even if your friends and family are vaccinated, but you're not vaccinated, you can still carry and spread the virus to your loved ones.

Second, it's a mistake to think everyone who wants a vaccine can just get one. "Some people are on cancer chemotherapy. They can't be vaccinated -- they depend on the herd to protect them," Offit said.
    So many of the most vulnerable Americans are counting on fellow Americans to get vaccinated.

"And third, by not being vaccinated, or being part of a reasonably sized group of people who are choosing not to get the vaccine, you're allowing the virus to continue to replicate. When it's allowed to continue to replicate, it will create mutations, which could then cause variants that are completely resistant to the immunity induced by natural infection or immunization."

In other words: Failing to get a vaccine could make the vaccines less effective. And that could ruin everyone's vaccinations -- throwing the country backward in this pandemic.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:50 AM   #358663
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

That’s a great point
    Old 05-04-2021, 04:57 AM   #358664
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Selfish people are going to do their selfish bullshit. They are emboldened by a barrage of disinformation that yes... comes mostly from the right.

Good article detailing the disinformation campaign that debunks a lot of vaccine myths here: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/28/healt...ked/index.html

This is an excerpt and a solid talking point when someone says what you portrayed.

'It's none of your business if I don't get vaccinated'

Refusing the Covid-19 vaccine actually impacts a lot of people -- yourself, your loved ones, even the country as a whole.

"When people say, 'What do you care? You're vaccinated. I'm going to choose not to be vaccinated. You're vaccinated, so you're good'" -- that makes three false assumptions, Offit said.

"First of all, the vaccines aren't 100% effective." So even if your friends and family are vaccinated, but you're not vaccinated, you can still carry and spread the virus to your loved ones.

Second, it's a mistake to think everyone who wants a vaccine can just get one. "Some people are on cancer chemotherapy. They can't be vaccinated -- they depend on the herd to protect them," Offit said.
    So many of the most vulnerable Americans are counting on fellow Americans to get vaccinated.

"And third, by not being vaccinated, or being part of a reasonably sized group of people who are choosing not to get the vaccine, you're allowing the virus to continue to replicate. When it's allowed to continue to replicate, it will create mutations, which could then cause variants that are completely resistant to the immunity induced by natural infection or immunization."

In other words: Failing to get a vaccine could make the vaccines less effective. And that could ruin everyone's vaccinations -- throwing the country backward in this pandemic.

This is not technically true. They can get the vaccine, they just don't know how effective it will be in chemo/immunotherapy patients.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 05:04 AM   #358665
    drop2d

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Maybe they'll all move to Florida and then, well...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CoordinatedBrownGodwit.webp
    Quote:
    Cuomo for president.
    Old 05-04-2021, 05:05 AM   #358666
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I'm stealing from a friend of mine here, but I love that we're not getting to herd immunity because a bunch of people who would run out of the room if I threw a stick think that they're smarter than doctors because some G-list YouTuber told them vaccines will turn you into a My Little Pony body pillow or something like that
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 05:06 AM   #358667
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    This is not technically true. They can get the vaccine, they just don't know how effective it will be in chemo/immunotherapy patients.

First off... read the entire article for context. Second, what is your source for calling it untrue?

Old 05-04-2021, 05:07 AM   #358668
    drop2d

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    First off... read the entire article for context. Second, what is your source for calling it untrue?

My dad is going through treatments right now. Has also been vaccinated.
    Quote:
    Cuomo for president.
    Old 05-04-2021, 05:10 AM   #358669
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Got ya. That is a reputable piece of information. But I think the larger point that there are people who cannot get the vaccine for various reasons still stands. Even if the example cited was inaccurate.

I hope your dad pulls through. My best to your family.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:11 AM   #358670
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post
    Let’s keep that same energy when deciding if we should turn millions of Americans into criminals because they own a rifle that some people use to murder less than 400 people a year.

I agree, it's always good to look at percentages
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 05:18 AM   #358671
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post

All time jeepkid logic post.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 05:22 AM   #358672
    drop2d

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Got ya. That is a reputable piece of information. But I think the larger point that there are people who cannot get the vaccine for various reasons still stands. Even if the example cited was inaccurate.

I hope your dad pulls through. My best to your family.

I think it's important to be accurate also. Because I think people understanding that while, yes, cancer patients can get vaccinated, it may be less effective because of the treatments they are going through.

Thanks for the well wishes.
    Quote:
    Cuomo for president.
    Old 05-04-2021, 05:54 AM   #358673
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)

Newsmax has issued a full retraction and apology to Dominion. Where’s that dude that came by here right after the election talking about Dominion?

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/30/99253...ection-stories
    Old 05-04-2021, 05:56 AM   #358674
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Best wishes for your Dad.

But I can also confirm in my personal anecdotal experience, cancer patients can get vaccinated. There’s just the uncertainty of how effective they’ll be.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 06:00 AM   #358675
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SaturnsRevenge View Post
    One word: Dominion
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    Newsmax has issued a full retraction and apology to Dominion. Where’s that dude that came by here right after the election talking about Dominion?

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/30/99253...ection-stories
    Hope you're doing well, saturn.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 06:01 AM   #358676
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)

Quote:
    I think it's important to be accurate also. Because I think people understanding that while, yes, cancer patients can get vaccinated, it may be less effective because of the treatments they are going through.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Perhaps this is outta my realm, but it is possible that at his hospital or office that is the policy and procedures they follow. Healthcare is an inexact science. Once they have more data on such things they will come to a consensus.

From my perspective, one not quite accurate quote from a doctor doesn’t mean the rest of the article does not hold. That is why I asked folks to read the entire piece.

Last edited by YouKnowThatItIS; 05-04-2021 at 06:02 AM.
    YouKnowThatItIS is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 06:09 AM   #358677
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    That's one out of every 1,333 doses is wasted. How can you avoid that if vials have to be thrown out after they're opened and reservations/walk-ins don't show up?

Seems like a reasonable amount of waste.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UNLTrpt View Post
    100k is a lot. 287 million is a lot more. Lets look at the bigger picture.
    I hate to see any waste, but I don’t think it is a cause for a lot of 100k doses were wasted out of the total number.

I didn’t quite the post regarding this seemed to occur early on, in particular with long term care facilities.

I would assume initially they didn’t expect to see such high %s of long term care staff declining the vaccine. I posted yesterday the percentage for that type of employee is 20%. Ohio saw what - 40% declining? I believe at one point seeing that.
    And at the time, we also saw states (here’s looking at you Cuomo) that had such high restrictions around who could get vaccinated. They were threatened with fines and not getting more shipments if they gave a dose to someone in the extremely narrow eligible group.

So we had a narrow group of eligible individuals, a shockingly high percent of declinations, and a vaccine that had a short shelf life before expiring.
    I’m not surprised there was waste.

We got much better overall with getting leftovers into willing arms.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 06:19 AM   #358678
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Just going to leave this here...

https://twitter.com/allahpundit/stat...702736385?s=21
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 06:20 AM   #358679
    BTBaboon

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

For some perspective, we (our factory in TN) are producing ~400K vials per day to send to Pfizer. There’s really not an issue with filling, the issue is on the ware and other elements of the supply chain. So this waste we are talking about has the equivalent impact of less than 50% of one factory’s (out of about 4) daily output of vials. That assumes each dose wasted was the last of its vial (basically assuming a worst case waste scenario).

It’s basically zero waste. It’s a fantastic job.

Last edited by BTBaboon; 05-04-2021 at 06:22 AM.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 06:23 AM   #358680
    Erich
    Handsome & Genocidal

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

The Liberals Who Can’t Quit Lockdown

Quote:
    Progressive communities have been home to some of the fiercest battles over COVID-19 policies, and some liberal policy makers have left scientific evidence behind.