Paris olympia - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 07-01-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
tom45282003

Shows Seen: 1
Send a message via MSN to tom45282003

Paris olympia

I am way too tired to be making a long thread about everysong I am just letting it seek in my mind and let it rest but it was awesome, sorry if this is short but its 5 in the morning in france and i've up since 11 standing all that

I'm just posting pictures of the show, videos will come later on, once I slept a little

reviews will come from other ants members

Goood news also the concert was recorded so expect it to be on dreamingtree in a week, he had a hard time getting in but he managed

the crowd was wild people were fun, sorry if I am writing in morse, Lol I am just writing a thread to post pictures

I got third row and srry if the pictures I could not get other menbers of the band cause some tall guy was on left side, and I dont care its my first show it was awesome

lol now its getting day out so I am tired pictures

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=a2d96cc3aa
tom45282003 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
    dmbwildcat
    Love You Oh So Well

Shows Seen: 47

Re: Paris olympia

Ants opened and closed???

Look at my avatar, quite possibly the most perfect baby ever!
    dmbwildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
    tom45282003

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbwildcat View Post
    Ants opened and closed???
    god your sooo evil your asking what closed lol look at the pictures and tell me they are good then ask me what opened and what closed, I've been up 3 hours more trying to get every pictures up here

bartender opened, ants marching first time was a tease, dave does not sing forget the name for that, and then it closed the show at the end, and encore why I am, and don't drink the water

We are in paris and no nancies
    Old 07-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
    Carter_is_God

Shows Seen: 0

No.
    No.
    No.
    Carter_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
    tom45282003

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carter_is_God View Post
    No.
    No.
    No.
    what the heck is wrong with you if your not happy with the pictures oki their not professional, you guy buy me photo pass and a professional camera
    Old 07-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
    tom45282003

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carter_is_God View Post
    No.
    No.
    No.
    maybe that was not about me sorry just want to keep it about the pictures please not have a debate on what closed and what opened I personnally forgot too tired but I have the real setlist
    Old 07-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
    teknohed

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing!!
    teknohed is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #8
    jmband

Shows Seen: 32

thanks for sharing, its very cool took had a 'LOVE' sign, Im sure the band noticed, great show, incredible venue, glad you had a good time
    09.02.05 - 08.23.06 - 07.09.08 - 07.11.08 - 07.12.08 - Gorge 2008 - 04.14.09 - 04.15.09 - 07.18.09 - 07.19.09 - Gorge 2009 - 07.03.10 - 07.04.10 - Gorge 2010 - Gorge 2012 - 03.15.15 - 03.16.15 - 09.02.16 - 09.04.16 - Gorge 2018
    jmband is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #9
    Kyvek

Shows Seen: 20

No one knows what song Tim played tonight?
    Old 07-02-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
    Knoxvillain
    Ruive05

Shows Seen: 4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kyvek View Post
    No one knows what song Tim played tonight?
    It was a jam thingy that went into don't drink.. he used the slide a lot.. it was cool.. lasted a minute or so

Anyway, I like it. He will get lots of women.
    Knoxvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #11
    swanparadise
    Lost Somewhere in Paris

Shows Seen: 5

To close the show with Why I am?
    What the fuck Dave?!

The band comes visit us every 10 years, and they gave us this shitty setlist.

Some good points :

- Ants Marching was incredible, so much fun, full of energy, great Boyd.
    - Bartender, as an opener, was a really great choice. Jeff had a great first opportunity to shine, and he did well!
    - Jeff and Tim was Bad-ass on Jimi Thing and Crush, the highlights of the show. Mind Blowing!

But...

No 41
    No Two Step
    No Watchtower
    No Warehouse
    No Dancing Nancies...

Come on guys!

We had to wait till Crush to hear something from the Big 3 (maybe because Everyday was the first record from the band to be distributed in France...). A great show needs some relaxing songs (downbeat), not just this kind of "2h30 energy in your face". There was clearly a lack of 41-kind or dreamingtree-kind of songs...

And, for the record, the crowd was and fire... but not in a postive way. Some people needs to calm the fuck down. Sometimes you could barely hear the band play during the jams.
    swanparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #12
    dmbwildcat
    Love You Oh So Well

Shows Seen: 47

[QUOTE=tom45282003;9732234]god your sooo evil your asking what closed lol look at the pictures and tell me they are good then ask me what opened and what closed, I've been up 3 hours more trying to get every pictures up here [QUOTE]

Hmm and they say the French are rude? Way to disprove that stereotype. The pics aren't good by the way. I can take better pics with my iphone.

Look at my avatar, quite possibly the most perfect baby ever!
    dmbwildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
    teknohed

[quote=dmbwildcat;9733240][quote=tom45282003;9732234]god your sooo evil your asking what closed lol look at the pictures and tell me they are good then ask me what opened and what closed, I've been up 3 hours more trying to get every pictures up here
    Quote:

Hmm and they say the French are rude? Way to disprove that stereotype. The pics aren't good by the way. I can take better pics with my iphone.
    Wow! You're kind of a jerk. The guy was up all night trying to post pics for you to see. I'd be grumpy if I stayed up all night, also. And the best you can do is criticize with a weak stereotype. I'll be expecting your Iphone pics to be posted right after your show so I can tell you how bad they are.
    teknohed is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #14
    AmericanInParis

HELP!! there was a beautiful italian boy at the concert last night at l'olympia in Paris - tall, short brown hair, brown beard + eyes, blue teeshirt and silver glasses. he was with a friend who was shorter, white button down shirt and also a beard. If anyone knows who I'm talking about... please give him my facebook name!!! I was too shy to talk to him and my friend made me leave early!
    AmericanInParis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #15
    mathius43

Shows Seen: 37

It was a well played show but it felt like Toronto last year where the was really no flow to it, despite the solid end run. Crush through Ants was great, Spaceman sounded quite good, Bartender was outstanding, and Tim was a pleasant surprise on Rye Whiskey. Through my ears it sounded like the timing got all fucked up during Seven, but who knows. Crowd was solid I thought, no complaints there. All in all though, it was great seeing DMB perform in a room the size of my backyard.
    mathius43 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #16
    spaceman504

great pics thanks for sharing
    spaceman504 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
    Emanu

Location: Depends, already lived in 7 countries, 3 continents & visited 80 countries.

Shows Seen: 3

YEEEAAHH, just got back, AWSOME night AWSOME show, DMB is the best of the best.
    Meet some of the Ants there and it was nice fun.
    It was sooo hot I was sweating like Dave and ran for the beers after the show.
    I took some videos, some bad (it was not easy with the crowd) and some good, so I need to got through them and will upload the good stuff.

But here is a pic (not so great but...) of DMB.
    http://i41.tinypic.com/j5bmae.jpg
    Emanu is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #18
    Kyvek

Shows Seen: 20

Thanks for the description on the Tim song
    Kyvek is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #19
    European Ant
    Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shows Seen: 4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by swanparadise View Post
    What the fuck Dave?!

Some good points :

- Bartender, as an opener, was a really great choice. Jeff had a great first opportunity to shine, and he did well!
    - Jeff and Tim was Bad-ass on Jimi Thing and Crush, the highlights of the show. Mind Blowing!

But...

No 41
    No Two Step
    No Watchtower
    No Warehouse
    No Dancing Nancies...

Come on guys!

We had to wait till Crush to hear something from the Big 3 (maybe because Everyday was the first record from the band to be distributed in France...). A great show needs some relaxing songs (downbeat), not just this kind of "2h30 energy in your face". There was clearly a lack of 41-kind or dreamingtree-kind of songs...

And, for the record, the crowd was and fire... but not in a postive way. Some people needs to calm the fuck down. Sometimes you could barely hear the band play during the jams.
    I fully agree!!!

And here's my review...

I stood in 4th/5th row in front of the right speaker stack. The show was enjoyable. The hall is magnificient with great acoustics and really small (for DMB). The band was on fire. And always on time. Really great. I did enjoy the electric sound. BUT it did feel like too much power. It was a powerhouse, with definitely only very few quiet moments, which I missed. Rye Whiskey was probably the only one, and certainly a good choice. Very funny lyrics that made the audience laugh.

Speaking of the audience, it was very sweet... no hooligans really, although that might have been because of the strict security. People from all sorts of places were there. My leftside neighbours were from Munich, behind me were Danes, my friends are Polish, etc. Of course, also a lot of French and English/American folks. Anyway, quite a singing and dancing crowd, even in some parts of the (seated) balcony. Everyday for instance was frickin amazing and the highlight of the night, imo.

Unfortunately, there weren't that many highlights. Besides Everyday, I liked the Bartender opener, Jimi Thing with the funny Sexy MF outro, Rye Whiskey, and Crush. The unknown Tim solo, as mentioned on the setlist, wasn't really anything spectacular, if you were wondering. But Why I Am is probably the worst show closer in the history of DMB, don't like it at all. Another highlight was an incredibly hilarious Dave dance, if it isn't on YouTube yet I'm gonna upload it... Finally, there were some nice saxophone and electric gtr moments, sort of like a dialogue between the two. So, all in all, a fairly weak setlist. If I had met Dave I would have told him to at least play Typical or STJL. Maybe in Amsterdam. I tried to meet up with Dave at the back entrance but was late, he was there at 4 pm. I did see Tim going in beside me, though, and the singer of Alberta Cross coming out.

Alberta Cross, by the way, were quite good, I do like their sound and the guy's voice. They only played a half-hour set, and the opening song was already the best one. But still good, they surely have potential to become even better!

That's that. I hope you all had a great time!!!

Last edited by European Ant; 07-02-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    European Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #20
    tom45282003

carter's kit looked smaller then usual, lol in 2006 charlottesville the kit looked huge and you could not see him
    Old 07-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #21
    SmoothRider[PL]
    MM#14 A tortured soul

Shows Seen: 14

1. I am that "tall guy" from the OP's post
    2. I've met Jeff, Rashawn and Dave, took pics and talked with them.
    3. I got 2 sticks from Carter
    Old 07-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #22
    unknownone
    Portuguese Ant

Shows Seen: 12

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmoothRider[PL] View Post
    1. I am that "tall guy" from the OP's post
    ahah

unknownone is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2009, 05:39 AM   #23
    syna_one

Shows Seen: 9

Quote:
    What the fuck Dave?!

Some good points :

But...

No 41
    No Two Step
    No Watchtower
    No Warehouse
    No Dancing Nancies...

Come on guys!

I totally disagree... almost everything except the bold part, BUT, i think that's because the sound wasn't realy loud, it could be a little bit louder.
    It was not a shitty setlist, i don't think that A great show needs some relaxing songs.. and why i am closing it was not bad at all..IMO
    I think it was a great show, just realy wanted to hear nancies and it wasn't possible
    syna_one is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2009, 07:49 AM   #24
    Emanu

Location: Depends, already lived in 7 countries, 3 continents & visited 80 countries.

Ok, I've been trough my videos and not all are good, its soo hard to make a good video at this show.
    Anyway I have a few acceptable ones and have uploaded them.
    Hope you enjoy then, but nothing beats the real thing,
    I will upload a few more by the end of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...DBC527E1B1F2FD
    Old 07-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #25
    Emanu

Quote:

I agree but I think that in Europe most people are so excited to see and hear DMB that this will not change. You cannot expect fans to just seat happy and quiet.
    Old 07-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #26
    ggdm41

Shows Seen: 29

I disagree but one point: I missed Dancing Nancies myself. Was so certain that they would play that song, actually I went to Paris to listen to this song. But I don't complain, it was a perfect evening. The band has too many songs to squeeze into one show, so you can't listen to all of them.

And to the fans: I don't want to sit, I don't want just to listen, I don't want not to clap my hands. I want to show DMB, that I love their music. I just want to go crazy. It's not a classical concert, it's a show. And chanting belongs to it. And where I stood I could still hear the band pretty good.

Quote:
    What the fuck Dave?!

Some good points :

But...

No 41
    No Two Step
    No Watchtower
    No Warehouse
    No Dancing Nancies...

Come on guys!

ggdm41 - 10/7/16-17 NYC, 10/3/6 London, 10/3/4 Frankfurt, 10/2/28 Cologne, 09/7/7 Amsterdam, 09/7/1 Paris, 09/6/28 Hardrock Calling, 09/6/25-26 Brixton, 07/5/27 Brussels, 07/3/7 D&T Offenbach (Pix www.helleken.de)
    ggdm41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #27
    syna_one

Shows Seen: 9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ggdm41 View Post
    And to the fans: I don't want to sit, I don't want just to listen, I don't want not to clap my hands. I want to show DMB, that I love their music. I just want to go crazy. It's not a classical concert, it's a show. And chanting belongs to it. And where I stood I could still hear the band pretty good.

i agree
    syna_one is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #28
    nymets103082

Shows Seen: 64

one local from paris punched my leg when she was sitting down in the ga section
    nymets103082 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #29
    Emanu

I was just trying to upload a couple of pics on the Tour Central page but it keeps giving me an error.
    Old 07-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #30
    SmoothRider[PL]
    MM#14 A tortured soul

Shows Seen: 14

http://yfrog.com/5gdsc01763mvgjx