jju6979 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-27-2009, 01:23 AM   #32
    erik_in_atlanta

Shows Seen: 45

Can we just enjoy the music?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by the goob View Post
    Ok then, dad. I simply thought it was funny. My apologies for that.
    This is why people shy away from participating in forums like this. Your intention was not to be funny. No reading of your reply connotes humor. The need to correct a simple oversight is not entertaining or witty. It's a sign of a perverse need to assert your knowledge.

Sarcasm reads very poorly, especially when it comes from a stranger. Case in point: responding to my friendly attempt to maintain civility with, "Ok then, Dad"

No one was being called out, and no one was being criticized. Keep that in mind the next time you make a minor mistake.
    erik_in_atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #33
    Caveat Emperor

Shows Seen: 49

Re: Nashville Review

Quote:
    Originally Posted by specialkd24 View Post
    Forgot to mention, don't know if it is above ... Dave let the crowd sing the entire first 2 verses of Jimi Thing without him doing it. To start it seemed like he was a beat slow in starting to sing, so the crowd started without him and he just shrugged his shoulders and let everyone sing. Second verse he just let us start and smiled at Carter. Pretty cool.
    In a somewhat surreal moment, I stopped singing for a moment and turned around from in front of the stage to look and listen to the rest of the stadium.

When you're singing along, sometimes you miss how amazing it sounds to hear so many people all raising their voices in unison.

Amazing show.
    Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #34
    bonzo48280
    Tramps Like Us...

Shows Seen: 31

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ehetland View Post
    I thought the crowd was off. Granted, I had the worst seats I've ever had for a concert (high in section O) but we were jamming. We may even be the annoying frat guys goblin is talking about. I saw far too many people leaving before the Encore. There were a lot of empty seats by me. People sat for majority of the show and obviously weren't feeling it.

Memorable quotes:

During Seek Up: "I've never heard this song before, I don't really like it"
    During Recently: "I'm ready to leave if you are"

But the show... I cannot wait for this summer. Two nights at Noblesville look to be infamous. All the new songs were great. Loved FTWII. Already knew I was going to the love Why I Am.
    i was waiting for this. the crowd by me was absolutely horrible. one chick yelled at me to sit down during Grey St, the second song. Me and my cousins were the only ones up the whole time dancing and singing out hearts out, and it became really cleared out for me by the time Two Step was over. A great show went okay for me because of a lackluster crowd and a bunch of bros with their babes who went becasue Dave Matthews was at their college.

Still had a flipping blast though and i cant wait for Alpine

-Packers suck, along with the Red Wings.
    -BRUUUUUUUUUUCE
    bonzo48280 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #35
    cjsdelray
    Forever dancin...

Shows Seen: 32

Just getting settled in at home - back in STL from Nashville. And all I can say is: WHAT A SHOW!!! Overall, the setlist was excellent, the band's energy was off the charts, and the stadium was PACKED!!!

The Bartender opener was great and Jeff rocked-out on the Pennywhistle! He is jammin' right in with the rest of the band and it's just awesome! I really enjoyed the amazing version of Grey Street. One of the best I have heard live...

Jimi Thing was a "need" for me on Saturday - and the boys delivered. Dave played into the song, letting the crowd stand-in for vocals - and I thought after the first verse, he BigD would cut-in and finish the tune. Instead, the crowd carried the vocals for most of the song and Dave carried the chorus. It was like a MASSIVE karoke session in Vandy stadium! The end of Jimi Thing always impresses the hell out of me - no disappointment here tonight, either!

"Why I Am" is such an excellent song, too! I love "Funny the Way It Is", but hearing "Why I Am" live, personally - well, I just can't wait for this one to come out as a download (or be released with the album). Just a hard rockin' song. Ever time I hear that "...drinkin' Big Whiskey... Groogrux King..." line, I get chills!

The craziness tat was going on from ASTB -> Too Much (Teaser) -> Ants Marching was SICK! The way they are mixin' up the tunes this year and playing some CRAZY time-beats.

YMDT is also being played live this year and it rocks. Rashawn and Jeff just blasted this one outta the stadium! No doubt!

We got a full Recently, too. My wife had never heard that one - and at first, didnt like it. But by the time they were jamming into the end of the tune, she was dancin' away!

While "Crash" was good, I just don;t care for that song anymore. I have some ugly memories "attached" to that - and I'd much rather forget them... Good live song, just not a fav of mine...

Of course, "Spaceman" and FTWII were both good. An older lady behind me saw me singing the words - and she had never even heard the song. She as excited to see that the band had a new album coming out, etc, etc...

I think a couple of highlights of this show, among all of the one's I have been to - this was #43 for me):

1) I have heard the crowd sing Jimi Thing MANY TIMES - but NEVER like this
    2) Jeff played two Sax's at once - come on! Even if you couldnt hear both distinctly, it was awesome to see him jammin' w/ Rashawn up there
    3) Rashawn Ross just keeps getting better and better - thew way he played with his fingers in the trumpet on Two Step (I think) was just UNREAL!

Overall, I would put this show in the higer numbers of my "Top 10". I can tell you this - I am just as excted as every year to see these guys on stage and JAM OUT! They are rockin' just like always and I can't wait to see them in STL and KC over the summer tour!!!

ee ya'll out there!
    cjsdelray is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #36
    cjsdelray
    Forever dancin...

Shows Seen: 32

...oh yeah - and Dave's dancing was "off the hook" Saturday! He was having a BLAST!!!!!
    cjsdelray is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #37
    jetipanda

Shows Seen: 4

This was my first show, and it was amazing. i was in the stands, definately going to have to try the GA experience though. Somebody please tell me this show was taped?
    jetipanda is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #38
    codyk09

Quote:
    I thought the crowd was off. Granted, I had the worst seats I've ever had for a concert (high in section O) but we were jamming. We may even be the annoying frat guys goblin is talking about. I saw far too many people leaving before the Encore. There were a lot of empty seats by me. People sat for majority of the show and obviously weren't feeling it.

Memorable quotes:

During Seek Up: "I've never heard this song before, I don't really like it"
    During Recently: "I'm ready to leave if you are"

But the show... I cannot wait for this summer. Two nights at Noblesville look to be infamous. All the new songs were great. Loved FTWII. Already knew I was going to the love Why I Am.

ya i saw a lot of people leaving, not sure if they didnt know they did an encore or if they were as tired as I was...after standing since 230 my dehydration and fatigue was starting to overshadow the amazingness of the show but it was still well worth it. Mraz did amazing, i heard some talk of taping him and i hope they were able to.
    Do you guys find it wierd that farting turns me on. Specifically, farting and knowing other people smell it. I don't really get it, and I'm not sure if this is a somewhat common feeling..but I really get turned on (i get an erection) when I see people looking around in disgust after I fart
    codyk09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #39
    codyk09

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jetipanda View Post
    This was my first show, and it was amazing. i was in the stands, definately going to have to try the GA experience though. Somebody please tell me this show was taped?
    the show was taped but there doing some patching with other tapers because of difficulties
    Do you guys find it wierd that farting turns me on. Specifically, farting and knowing other people smell it. I don't really get it, and I'm not sure if this is a somewhat common feeling..but I really get turned on (i get an erection) when I see people looking around in disgust after I fart
    codyk09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #40
    jenabelina

Shows Seen: 3
    Send a message via AIM to jenabelina

ahh this was my first show as well... what an amazing experience! i can't believe i've never been before. i still have vegas and indy to look forward to! i'm definitely ready for a two night show... this one just seemed to end WAY before anyone wanted it to!
    jenabelina is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #41
    wingz0923

Shows Seen: 17

Amazing show. I was the closest I had ever been at a show (just about equal to 10th row). Great energy from the band....they are just about as tight as I have heard them in a long time. Carter and Jeff were both amazing tonight. Carter's solo in Two Step was SIIIICCCCKKKKKKKK, I just stood there with my jaw on the floor, and so was the rest of the band, unbelievable. Great show.
    Old 04-30-2009, 01:30 AM   #42
    dmbrunnerjbt

Shows Seen: 3

ok technically starwood is not in nashville. its actually quite a bit past the nashville so his statement is true in that they have not been to nashville in _ years. on the other hand, HOLY CRAP was that concert amazing. 6 days later and i am still jammin out in my head from it. i dont know why but the past 2 concerts i have been two the song i cant get out of my head is their version of Burnin down the house. anyways, sick conert. im out!
    dmbrunnerjbt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #43
    @lex

Shows Seen: 5

Quote:
    oh and for Indyfan... maybe you should start a "We had a moment at a Dave Concert" thread for other interested singles
    LOL . . i think he'd have more luck here http://nashville.craigslist.org/mis/ with the craigs list missed connects . . . ridiculously funny AND CREEPY if you look at it.

I wasn't at the show but D/L'ed some of the tapes! Awesome set list.

Seek intro what Rashawn and Jeff was sick. And what's with all the Last Stop teases? Give us the real deal guys!
    @lex is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #44
    Grux

Shows Seen: 5

Incredible show. For me, Recently and Jimi Thing were the features of the night. Dave went bazerk during the Jimi Thing scat which was killer. To tell you honestly, I was in Nashville doing an acoustic show with my friends at a small venue and didn't even know DMB was going to be there til 2 HOURS BEFORE THEIR SHOW! In fact, I passed their tour bus on Broadway and thought, "wait a sec...that's not...it can't be...!!!" I literally sprinted down to Vanderbilt from BelmontU and bought tickets for only $40!!!

The spontaneity made it my favorite DMB experience to date..
    Grux is offline   Reply With Quote