Nissan Review - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-28-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
DmBand801
Schneider!

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Nissan Review

Show number 13 - was at Hershey the night before.

Traffic was messy getting in - I got in the lots around 7ish after pulling up to the Nissan exit around 5:30ish.

Michael Franti and Spearhead were very impressive. I enjoyed their set.

Don't Drink the Water: Lots of energy, badass to watch the screens come up. Set the tone for a solid evening.

Old Dirt Hill: Hoping to avoid it tonight since I got it at Hershey last night. Ooo well, the ending sneaks up on it.

So Damn Lucky: Great version, nice long jam at the end.

Dreaming Tree: Second time hearing this live. Awesome song.

The Idea of You: was hoping for Shotgun, but this wasn't that bad.

Die Trying: Solid Timmy solo - good song.

Corn Bread: Another great Timmy solo. This song gets alot of shit for its repetitive play, but it brings alot of energy. Crowd all around me was dancing and jumping around.

Space Between: Stefan, Boyd, Roi and Rashawn left so I was confused as to what they might do since Rashawn usually sticks around for Sister. Dave played the acoustic guitar, nice cymbal work from carter.

Sledgehammer: Roi was crisp on the intro with his baritone. I loved this and so did the crowd, can't wait to hear the tape. Someone mentioned in another thread that they were born to do this cover. Favorite song of the night.

Eh Hee: Standard.

Louisiana Bayou: Better midset than closing a show or set. Boyd was all over the place and the crowd ate this up.

Out of My Hands: I'm a big fan of the Dave wail towards the end. I enjoyed it.

Everyday: Crowd ate it up - loud "hani hani" chants. Standard version.

Ants: Awesome. Extended jam at the end, Carter and Dave were laughing the whole time. Fantastic song live, it's their anthem.

Jimi Thing: Dave started to play the riff right after Ants, than stopped and looked at Carter - he sang the chorus once very slow and carter did cymbal work. Looks like they had to cut it due to curfew.

So Much to Say: standard

ASTB > TM: Crowd ate this up too. Stefan was all over the place during the bridge again, very funny to watch. Too much was great, Tim's fills are great to hear.

Sister: I sat and waited for the next song.

Rapunzel: It was 10:40 around the time this started so I figured we'd get one more song afterwards. I'll never get tired of this song live, it's too much fun.

Thank You: LOVE the Dave dancing, he was all over the place after abandoning the guitar.

--Overall I thought this was a very good show. Sledgehammer was the highlight of the night for me, I loved every minute of it.

I was also out of the Nissan lots 10 mins after the show ended
Brady is not going to let the crappier younger brother of Fat Forehead beat him in anything. Period.
DmBand801 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-28-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
    Ev42
    I'll Back You Up

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Nissan Review

good review
    Old 06-29-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

sucks about jimi thing. a ton of repeats from last night it seems.

i dont know how i would've left this concert tonight if i were there...
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
    DmBand801
    Schneider!

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    sucks about jimi thing. a ton of repeats from last night it seems.

i dont know how i would've left this concert tonight if i were there...
    I didn't leave early, I left after show and surprisingly got out of the lots very quick.
    Brady is not going to let the crappier younger brother of Fat Forehead beat him in anything. Period.
    DmBand801 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
    alwgirl

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DmBand801 View Post
    Show number 13 - was at Hershey the night before.

Traffic was messy getting in - I got in the lots around 7ish after pulling up to the Nissan exit around 5:30ish.

Michael Franti and Spearhead were very impressive. I enjoyed their set.

Don't Drink the Water: Lots of energy, badass to watch the screens come up. Set the tone for a solid evening.

Old Dirt Hill: Hoping to avoid it tonight since I got it at Hershey last night. Ooo well, the ending sneaks up on it.

So Damn Lucky: Great version, nice long jam at the end.

Dreaming Tree: Second time hearing this live. Awesome song.

The Idea of You: was hoping for Shotgun, but this wasn't that bad.

Die Trying: Solid Timmy solo - good song.

Corn Bread: Another great Timmy solo. This song gets alot of shit for its repetitive play, but it brings alot of energy. Crowd all around me was dancing and jumping around.

Space Between: Stefan, Boyd, Roi and Rashawn left so I was confused as to what they might do since Rashawn usually sticks around for Sister. Dave played the acoustic guitar, nice cymbal work from carter.

Sledgehammer: Roi was crisp on the intro with his baritone. I loved this and so did the crowd, can't wait to hear the tape. Someone mentioned in another thread that they were born to do this cover. Favorite song of the night.

Eh Hee: Standard.

Louisiana Bayou: Better midset than closing a show or set. Boyd was all over the place and the crowd ate this up.

Out of My Hands: I'm a big fan of the Dave wail towards the end. I enjoyed it.

Everyday: Crowd ate it up - loud "hani hani" chants. Standard version.

Ants: Awesome. Extended jam at the end, Carter and Dave were laughing the whole time. Fantastic song live, it's their anthem.

Jimi Thing: Dave started to play the riff right after Ants, than stopped and looked at Carter - he sang the chorus once very slow and carter did cymbal work. Looks like they had to cut it due to curfew.

So Much to Say: standard

ASTB > TM: Crowd ate this up too. Stefan was all over the place during the bridge again, very funny to watch. Too much was great, Tim's fills are great to hear.

Sister: I sat and waited for the next song.

Rapunzel: It was 10:40 around the time this started so I figured we'd get one more song afterwards. I'll never get tired of this song live, it's too much fun.

Thank You: LOVE the Dave dancing, he was all over the place after abandoning the guitar.

--Overall I thought this was a very good show. Sledgehammer was the highlight of the night for me, I loved every minute of it.

I was also out of the Nissan lots 10 mins after the show ended
    Very good review, I would agree. Had a blast and got out of the lots really fast! 11th show and as always fabulous!
    alwgirl is offline   Reply With Quote