Deer Creek N2 - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 08-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #31
DaveMB36

Shows Seen: 24

Re: Deer Creek N2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgillespie24 View Post
so many songs to rave about..... but seeing Alligator Pie performed live was absolutely amazing.
Def. a highlight of the night (well both nights) and i don't know if anyone noticed but they are extending pie out al ittle bit each time. I don't listen to all the shows but it was def different than when i heard it last in cincinnati. Boyd and tim have a little jam towards the end

Alligator pie will be a monster in another year or so!

DaveMB36 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #32
    ilbkuup
    am i dreaming ?

Shows Seen: 91

I was in sec C second row on the end near the stage. What a great show. I did notice Carter seemed not to be quite as energetic in some ways. Still, he was amazing as ever.
    I loved the crowd both nights, but it was a great group all around on n2. It was fun to have tons of room to dance and watching all of the surrounding fans have so much fun was, as always, too much fun.
    My sister is dealing with some serious health issues right now and was with me. She had some precious worry free hours, thanks to DMB. The Deer Crk weekend is our weekend every year and never disappoints. This one was one of the best.
    I did think security was a bit anal, however. I had no issues with them cracking down hard on seat jumpers. I've been on the rail before and been shoved out of the way, stepped on and crushed, by people who outweigh me by 100 lbs and who suddenly appear out of nowhere. It seems to change there all of the time though. Last year people were taking pictures left and right, no problem at all.(I know all venues say, NO CAMERAS,but lets face it, a lot of people bring them and most are small digitals. To see the phone picture taking going on, with no problem, yet a digital camera with no flash being an issue, is rather annoying. I can live with it, but it seems security spends a lot of time just scanning for cameras and absorbed in hunting down the next person with one. LOL
    Over all, I love my home venue, the shows tend to be great year after year and even if n2 was changed up a bit and a little shorter,I'm sure there was some very good reason for that and it had nothing to do with the crowd.
    I hope if Carter was feeling ill, he can get better over the days off. It's not easy to go to work when you feel like crap. Most of us take time off, if at all possible, but that man was a machine on those drums this weekend.

Thanks to all of the cool fans surrounding us n2. You all are part of the reason going to DMB shows is like a religious experience.

Nothing is more beautiful than a guitar,except possibly,two. Frederic Chopin

Music is a safe kind of high~ Jimi Hendrix
    ilbkuup is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #33
    cward

Shows Seen: 16

Best Two Step Ive ever heard!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    You sound like a curmudgeony old man.
    cward is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #34
    millersdmb34
    108 Shows

Shows Seen: 117

AMAZING SHOW!!!! My only dissapointment was seeing the setlist after the show

DIE TRYING
    SEVEN
    YOU AND ME
    NANCIES
    HANDS OF GOD
    SHOTGUN
    SAY BYE
    FUNNY
    DIVE IN
    CRUSH
    STONE
    SHAKE ME
    ALLIGATOR PIE
    BURNING DOWN
    RAPUNZEL
    DONT DRINK
    TWO STEP
    ----------------
    GRAVEDIGGER
    GRANNY
    GREY ST/HALLOWEEN
    millersdmb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #35
    Rogue
    Fill My Glass For Me...

Shows Seen: 68

OMG Millers! I think my heart just broke a little. At the end of the main set I turned to Mrs. Rogue and said "WTF?" Really?
    Must be a double-encore night or something.

Just got back home from work...any word on WHY N2 was cut short?
    Old 08-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #36
    kkerney

Shows Seen: 35

I was wondering when someone was going to bring up the actual set list. I got an opportunity to see it before the show started (took a pic with my phone) and was waiting for that chance for Halloween all night. Still a stellar show no matter what.
    kkerney is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #37
    bluesbrother41

Shows Seen: 2

listening to the tape now, the stone is incredible from this show. spot on.
    ~~Shine On, LeRoi~~
    bluesbrother41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #38
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 55

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluesbrother41 View Post
    listening to the tape now, the stone is incredible from this show. spot on.
    and this site claim the crowd was "terrible" and "not into it"
    btpeters is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #39
    ltluvsdmb

Shows Seen: 0

I don't understand these fans who are saying that the crowd "wasn't into it" on N2 i thought the show was INCREDIBLE! Im a long time DMB fan (this was my 12th show) and i was floored with how at the end of stone the band stopped playing and EVERYONE sang "wise men say..." it was such an epic moment and i have never heard stone preformed that well. Just my two cents

Also, has anyone heard why N2 was cut short? the rest of the setlist looked incredible and would ahve been the sprinkles on the already amazing dmb concert cake. All i can think of is that maybe carter started feeling ill again? any ideas?!
    Old 08-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #40
    myersk27

Shows Seen: 28

yeah, i agree.....i thought the crowd was incredible saturday night....i haven't seen many crowds like that one in terms of intensity and knowledge. the outro of The Stone was the best i've seen from the crowd, and i was at alpine....
    Old 08-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #41
    krismason

Shows Seen: 35
    Send a message via Yahoo to krismason

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ltluvsdmb View Post
    I don't understand these fans who are saying that the crowd "wasn't into it" on N2 i thought the show was INCREDIBLE! Im a long time DMB fan (this was my 12th show) and i was floored with how at the end of stone the band stopped playing and EVERYONE sang "wise men say..." it was such an epic moment and i have never heard stone preformed that well. Just my two cents

Also, has anyone heard why N2 was cut short? the rest of the setlist looked incredible and would ahve been the sprinkles on the already amazing dmb concert cake. All i can think of is that maybe carter started feeling ill again? any ideas?!
    we saw Tim having problems during 2 step, and if you watch the video he really was trying, i dont know if they ever got it "fixed" it seems like hes there playing @ end, but maybe some other problem was happening? i really think they were wanting to play more? but if that was case why didnt they? it was a awesome weekend and my 24 & 25th show, but i hope it was a reason and not for the hell of it
    krismason is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #42
    ctalpas

Shows Seen: 11

My first DMB concert was at Noblesville 8-17-07. Ive been to every show he plays there since. The last two shows blow away everything ive seen before. and i know that i haven't been to nowhere near as many shows as everyone here has but let me tell you this it was the time of my life. I took a few of my friends with me. Who at first didn't even car for dave but after those two shows.. Wow two new antsmarching fans right there. Got a question for you all though... How does his live trax cds work? Do they record every show and pick the ones they want to record? Because I feel that those two shows are live trax material. And yes the crowd was the best i have ever seen them there hands down.
    ctalpas is offline   Reply With Quote