Paris olympia - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #31
Emanu

Location: Depends, already lived in 7 countries, 3 continents & visited 80 countries.

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Paris olympia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothRider[PL] View Post
Nice is that for sale?
Emanu is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #32
    SmoothRider[PL]
    MM#14 A tortured soul

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

No way!
    Old 07-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #33
    Blessed Sip
    What's that you say?

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by swanparadise View Post
    T

We had to wait till Crush to hear something from the Big 3 (maybe because Everyday was the first record from the band to be distributed in France...). A great show needs some relaxing songs (downbeat), not just this kind of "2h30 energy in your face". There was clearly a lack of 41-kind or dreamingtree-kind of songs...

And, for the record, the crowd was and fire... but not in a postive way. Some people needs to calm the fuck down. Sometimes you could barely hear the band play during the jams.
    You summed it up here...it was 2.30 hours of pure energy from the band. This was my 17th show and I think it is the most energy I have seen from the band. That is what struck me the most. Dave was talking and dancing up a storm. Some great "Dave speak". He was going on and on about how great the french food was and how much they were enjoying Paris. The band was laughing the whole night and many fist bumps between Carter and Dave. I enjoyed the lack of the jumbotron and the video behind Carter. (No camera man sneaking around on stage.) This was all about them playing in a historic arena and having fun.

Once again Dave said how much he loves Lying in the Hands of God and spoke of Roi. He also spoke about how the creative song writing process was different this time around. Best Jimi thing I have ever heard with Coffin and TR on Fire. Crush brought down the house and Carter on the high hat with the too much fake was GREAT! I have never seen Boyd solo for song long on Ants, he was tearing it up.

Highlight of the show for me was first SLD.

The new BWGGK songs were good. I was hoping Alligator Pie would hit me live, but still not much love for that song. Def. reminds me of Bayou which I have heard one too many times. Also, I hope Funny isn't around for too long. I agree that Why I am may not have been the best choice for a closer, but that song just rocks. Space and Seven were great too, but I got the impression the crowd didn't really know many of the new songs. and think the Spaceman--->Cornbread really works. I really really enjoyed Spaceman.

Sure, no suprises on the set list. But they def. made the trip to Paris worth it.
    Blessed Sip is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #34
    BrettMatthews

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blessed Sip View Post
    You summed it up here...it was 2.30 hours of pure energy from the band. This was my 17th show and I think it is the most energy I have seen from the band. That is what struck me the most. Dave was talking and dancing up a storm. Some great "Dave speak". He was going on and on about how great the french food was and how much they were enjoying Paris. The band was laughing the whole night and many fist bumps between Carter and Dave. I enjoyed the lack of the jumbotron and the video behind Carter. (No camera man sneaking around on stage.) This was all about them playing in a historic arena and having fun.

Once again Dave said how much he loves Lying in the Hands of God and spoke of Roi. He also spoke about how the creative song writing process was different this time around. Best Jimi thing I have ever heard with Coffin and TR on Fire. Crush brought down the house and Carter on the high hat with the too much fake was GREAT! I have never seen Boyd solo for song long on Ants, he was tearing it up.

Highlight of the show for me was first SLD.

The new BWGGK songs were good. I was hoping Alligator Pie would hit me live, but still not much love for that song. Def. reminds me of Bayou which I have heard one too many times. Also, I hope Funny isn't around for too long. I agree that Why I am may not have been the best choice for a closer, but that song just rocks. Space and Seven were great too, but I got the impression the crowd didn't really know many of the new songs. and think the Spaceman--->Cornbread really works. I really really enjoyed Spaceman.

Sure, no suprises on the set list. But they def. made the trip to Paris worth it.

I completely agree with your review...I've never seen Dave dancing that much! And I like Alligator Pie..
    Old 07-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #35
    unknownone
    Portuguese Ant

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Some Dave dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJhIkgc0vf0&fmt=18
    unknownone is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #36
    Blessed Sip
    What's that you say?

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by unknownone View Post
    Great video. It looks like I must have been siting right next to you. We were first row balcony, boyd side about 6 seats in.
    Blessed Sip is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #37
    unknownone
    Portuguese Ant

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I wasn' there, those are not my videos
    unknownone is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-04-2009, 05:05 AM   #38
    ou811

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I was there also. What a night!!! No Nancies - I`m agree - that`s really strange, I thought that it will be absolutely amazing to here this song in Paris. Otherwise, they played so many other cool songs: fantastic version of Jimy Thing, Lying in the Hands of God, Why I`am, Don`t Drink The Water, Ants Marching, Alligator Pie and my favorite - new, really cool and much longer version of So Damn Lucky. It was even better that 2 years ago in Brussels... or maybe my memory is just a little bit too dizzy at the moment. One way or other it is quite difficult to find yourself after 3 nights in Paris. Greetings from Poland for all DMB fans all over the world.
    ou811 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #39
    SmoothRider[PL]
    MM#14 A tortured soul

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Dave dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38US6GfGdeI
    Old 07-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #40
    Emanu

Location: Depends, already lived in 7 countries, 3 continents & visited 80 countries.

Shows Seen: 3

My Tour Central Stats

looking back, I think at the end of the jam of Jimi Thing, Jeff Coffin was playing 2 saxs at the same time, I never seen this before.
    Emanu is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2009, 01:27 AM   #41
    nico_france

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Well closing with Why I Am was a really good idea for me...
    A really powerful and straight to the point song that ends so suddenly...just like "ok french guy (I am) wake up from your dream, that's all folks and let's see you again in several years (maybe) !
    A really abrupt ending but so delightful !

Generally speaking, I would say that the band is not "at home" in Europe and, with the fact they play most festivals where they are not headliners, this could explain why they are so powerful...
    Old 07-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #42
    llenroc
    LeRoiMooreGrooGruxKing

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmoothRider[PL] View Post

Nice!
    llenroc is offline   Reply With Quote