Chadwick's Nissan Review - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion > Just Got Back From The Show!
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
trippinchad
Nothing But Beard

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Chadwick's Nissan Review

Readin' all these reviews and being extremely bored at the moment has led me to this. So here we go.

DDTW: A couple minutes before the band took the stage, Preston, who was next to me, noticed the kids in front of us had a setlist in their hand and he saw that DDTW was first so we knew it was coming. We were sure to not look at that damn piece of paper for the rest of the night, lol. But the song kicked ass. Dave's voice was spot on and the energy was insane. I like the "this land is your land" bridge too. Great way to start off the show, got me pumped.

Old Dirt Hill: Of course the initial reaction to it was "ah fuck", especially after the energy level of DDTW. It was pretty good actually, I like what they have done with it this year. Plus, it was only about 5 minutes...I enjoyed it.

So Damn Lucky: Had a feelin' this was comin', and man was it nice. Dave's voice sounded good and that ending jam was pretty good...not as good as some I've heard on the tapes, but we were rockin' out, and Dave was havin' a great time. Tim Reynolds is a god by the way.

Dreaming Tree: I wanted this really bad and I'm glad it happened. Dave sounded great vocally, I was impressed. The jam was good, Roi didn't seem too into it, but cmon it's dreaming tree...it's gonna be great regardless.

The Idea of You: Me and the guy behind me were hopin' for Shotgun of course once Dave got the guitar..but it was IOY. I like the new intro, and I'm diggin' this tune still...I think it gets too much hate on these boards.

Corn Bread: I was surprised they did two "new" songs in a row. I really like the way this is progressing though, and that Tim solo is just awesome. Brought the energy level up, I could tell the crowd was gettin' back into it after DT and IOY.

You Might Die: Meh, not a huge fan of this song..the ending jam was decent, but it wasn't too special. I'm kinda tired of YMDT already...

The Space Between: When Rashawn, Roi and Stefan left the stage, I had a feelin' something really slow was gonna come, maybe a new song, so it was a total surprise to see this be played. I enjoyed it. It's nice to hear it differently, but with that being said, it sounded raw...and I would've preferred a full band version.

Sledgehammer: Maybe the highlight of the night. Dave nailed the vocals and the band just rocked this place...everyone got back into it...quick!

Eh Hee: I'm just not a fan of this song...the beggining was boring...I think I started to nod off....but I got back into it at the end. I'd rather hear 27 than this turd.

Bayou: It was at this point when I could tell the set was going nowhere special. Bayou a fucking again! Give this shit a break...this was my fifth show and my fifth Bayou...I'm just tired of it. I like how Boyd took center stage though, it was good to see him active.

Out of My Hands: I preferred this over ADSR, but it killed the crowd, the energy, and maybe even and little part of my soul. Plus, Dave told the same Hershey joke, which though it was funny, it couldn't save us.

Everyday: It was at this point that I started gettin' somewhat frustrated. Standard version. Dave actually tried to hit the high notes on this one and did a pretty decent job doing so. I love the end of this song the best when Dave and Boyd are singin "Pick Me Up Love" and the crowd chants "hani hani"...that's pretty fucking cool I think.

Ants: Talk about a set saver. The ending of Everyday into Ants started off a stretch that saved the night. We didn't think it was Ants at first bc it was a normal snare intro and they had been doing the Dave and Tim thing as of late, Plus carter as doing something weird with his leg so it didn't sound like a typical snare intro, but thank god it was. Crowd got way into it, ending jam was sick...Ants saved the day.

Jimi(Cock Tease): We heard the riff and got pumped, but then Dave just comes up, sings one line and goes into SMTS. I think many were pissed.

SMTS: Standard version, nothing special. I got poop cramps around this song...just to let everyone know.

Bridge: I laughed at how everyone was still, and Tim was still movin' around until he noticed and was like "oh fuck" and then got still. The bridge was standard, I enjoyed it. I was hoping, as we all always do but it rarely happens, that the bridge would go into something else, as it looked like Dave was trying to communicated with everyone on stage, but it didn't...

Too Much: I didn't think it would close the set though, as it was only 10:30. But it did. Great version though. Crowd loved it. I love how that slow parts gone now. Good way to end the set. A solid run at the end there!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sister: Boring as usual. I know Dave likes it, but I heard alot of talking(myself included) during it.

PNP->Rap: Totally unexpected so I loved every damn minute of it. Dave was lovin' every damn minute of it also. He had alot of fun doing those falsettos. Great song...but it was only 10:50 when this ended, I knew one more was coming.

Thank You: Great closing song IMO. It may get hate, but it really gets the everyone it a great mood to end the show. I love the part when the music stops, Dave dances, and the crowd keeps singing, and then the music starts again. Dave was awesome and had a hell of a time, everyone loved it, solid encore to end the show.

Overall, I enjoyed this set more than I have any set at Nissan in the past 3 years. The beginning was solid, the middle was slow, but Ants picked everything back up again, and the run from Ants to Thank You was awesome. A great end to the show put me in a great mood! NExt Stop? VA Beach!

And thanks again Preston for the ticket!!

#NATITUDE
trippinchad is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
    Pig17

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Chadwick's Nissan Review

Any sign of Trenchcoat man Chad?

http://www.last.fm/user/Pig17
    Pig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
    trippinchad
    Nothing But Beard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pig17 View Post
    Any sign of Trenchcoat man Chad?

If there was, I would be in jail for murder and this review would not exist

#NATITUDE
    Old 06-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
    Sooner17
    Fishtelling.

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trippinchad View Post
    Readin' all these reviews and being extremely bored at the moment has led me to this. So here we go.

DDTW: A couple minutes before the band took the stage, Preston, who was next to me, noticed the kids in front of us had a setlist in their hand and he saw that DDTW was first so we knew it was coming. We were sure to not look at that damn piece of paper for the rest of the night, lol. But the song kicked ass. Dave's voice was spot on and the energy was insane. I like the "this land is your land" bridge too. Great way to start off the show, got me pumped.

Old Dirt Hill: Of course the initial reaction to it was "ah fuck", especially after the energy level of DDTW. It was pretty good actually, I like what they have done with it this year. Plus, it was only about 5 minutes...I enjoyed it.

So Damn Lucky: Had a feelin' this was comin', and man was it nice. Dave's voice sounded good and that ending jam was pretty good...not as good as some I've heard on the tapes, but we were rockin' out, and Dave was havin' a great time. Tim Reynolds is a god by the way.

Dreaming Tree: I wanted this really bad and I'm glad it happened. Dave sounded great vocally, I was impressed. The jam was good, Roi didn't seem too into it, but cmon it's dreaming tree...it's gonna be great regardless.

The Idea of You: Me and the guy behind me were hopin' for Shotgun of course once Dave got the guitar..but it was IOY. I like the new intro, and I'm diggin' this tune still...I think it gets too much hate on these boards.

Corn Bread: I was surprised they did two "new" songs in a row. I really like the way this is progressing though, and that Tim solo is just awesome. Brought the energy level up, I could tell the crowd was gettin' back into it after DT and IOY.

You Might Die: Meh, not a huge fan of this song..the ending jam was decent, but it wasn't too special. I'm kinda tired of YMDT already...

The Space Between: When Rashawn, Roi and Stefan left the stage, I had a feelin' something really slow was gonna come, maybe a new song, so it was a total surprise to see this be played. I enjoyed it. It's nice to hear it differently, but with that being said, it sounded raw...and I would've preferred a full band version.

Sledgehammer: Maybe the highlight of the night. Dave nailed the vocals and the band just rocked this place...everyone got back into it...quick!

Eh Hee: I'm just not a fan of this song...the beggining was boring...I think I started to nod off....but I got back into it at the end. I'd rather hear 27 than this turd.

Bayou: It was at this point when I could tell the set was going nowhere special. Bayou a fucking again! Give this shit a break...this was my fifth show and my fifth Bayou...I'm just tired of it. I like how Boyd took center stage though, it was good to see him active.

Out of My Hands: I preferred this over ADSR, but it killed the crowd, the energy, and maybe even and little part of my soul. Plus, Dave told the same Hershey joke, which though it was funny, it couldn't save us.

Everyday: It was at this point that I started gettin' somewhat frustrated. Standard version. Dave actually tried to hit the high notes on this one and did a pretty decent job doing so. I love the end of this song the best when Dave and Boyd are singin "Pick Me Up Love" and the crowd chants "hani hani"...that's pretty fucking cool I think.

Ants: Talk about a set saver. The ending of Everyday into Ants started off a stretch that saved the night. We didn't think it was Ants at first bc it was a normal snare intro and they had been doing the Dave and Tim thing as of late, Plus carter as doing something weird with his leg so it didn't sound like a typical snare intro, but thank god it was. Crowd got way into it, ending jam was sick...Ants saved the day.

Jimi(Cock Tease): We heard the riff and got pumped, but then Dave just comes up, sings one line and goes into SMTS. I think many were pissed.

SMTS: Standard version, nothing special. I got poop cramps around this song...just to let everyone know.

Bridge: I laughed at how everyone was still, and Tim was still movin' around until he noticed and was like "oh fuck" and then got still. The bridge was standard, I enjoyed it. I was hoping, as we all always do but it rarely happens, that the bridge would go into something else, as it looked like Dave was trying to communicated with everyone on stage, but it didn't...

Too Much: I didn't think it would close the set though, as it was only 10:30. But it did. Great version though. Crowd loved it. I love how that slow parts gone now. Good way to end the set. A solid run at the end there!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sister: Boring as usual. I know Dave likes it, but I heard alot of talking(myself included) during it.

PNP->Rap: Totally unexpected so I loved every damn minute of it. Dave was lovin' every damn minute of it also. He had alot of fun doing those falsettos. Great song...but it was only 10:50 when this ended, I knew one more was coming.

Thank You: Great closing song IMO. It may get hate, but it really gets the everyone it a great mood to end the show. I love the part when the music stops, Dave dances, and the crowd keeps singing, and then the music starts again. Dave was awesome and had a hell of a time, everyone loved it, solid encore to end the show.

Overall, I enjoyed this set more than I have any set at Nissan in the past 3 years. The beginning was solid, the middle was slow, but Ants picked everything back up again, and the run from Ants to Thank You was awesome. A great end to the show put me in a great mood! NExt Stop? VA Beach!

And thanks again Preston for the ticket!!

Yeah, nice review. I look forward to hearing the tape, especially Sledgehammer. I bet you're glad you didn't look at the set list, Sledge would have been expected.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fedx09925 View Post
    Can't a brother just sell a trinket!
    Sooner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
    dmblars39
    fucking amateurs...

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Great review... I was at the show as well and had the same feelings... although I enjoy eh hee, especially with tim.

i thought tim fucking up the astb freeze was funny... i peed during YMDT and got beer during space between.

the encore left a good taste in my mouth... i know sister is slow and stuff but i love love love the song. rapunzel was a treat, and i'll never get sick of thank you... puts you such a great mood.

but WHAT about that jimi thing tease??? that was mean. cut due to time contraints?

setlist wise i thought it was sub par, but it was definitely still a great time and sledgehammer was AWESOME to hear.

and the tailgate was amazing.

AND there was no traffic getting out...

totally jealous of where YNK debuts.
    Old 06-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
    trippinchad
    Nothing But Beard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sooner17 View Post

Yeah, nice review. I look forward to hearing the tape, especially Sledgehammer. I bet you're glad you didn't look at the set list, Sledge would have been expected.
    Oh yea, everyone around me was like "I don't want to see the setlist, keep it away!" except for some older guy behind me who wanted to glance at it. But I refused to even glance near the kids who had it....talk about a way to ruin the show...

#NATITUDE
    Old 06-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #7
    trippinchad
    Nothing But Beard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmblars39 View Post
    Great review... I was at the show as well and had the same feelings... although I enjoy eh hee, especially with tim.

i thought tim fucking up the astb freeze was funny... i peed during YMDT and got beer during space between.

the encore left a good taste in my mouth... i know sister is slow and stuff but i love love love the song. rapunzel was a treat, and i'll never get sick of thank you... puts you such a great mood.

but WHAT about that jimi thing tease??? that was mean. cut due to time contraints?

setlist wise i thought it was sub par, but it was definitely still a great time and sledgehammer was AWESOME to hear.

and the tailgate was amazing.

AND there was no traffic getting out...

totally jealous of where YNK debuts.
    Yea sledge was awesome, probably the highlight of the night. Jimi had to have been cut for time I'm guessing...I'm sure a setlist scan will appear shortly to verify it.

#NATITUDE
    Old 06-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #8
    dmblars39
    fucking amateurs...

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea sledge was awesome, probably the highlight of the night. Jimi had to have been cut for time I'm guessing...I'm sure a setlist scan will appear shortly to verify it.
    yea i'm waiting... i wish they had cut two shorter ones (like bayou and space between) just for jimi.
    Old 06-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #9
    MistreatedLewis

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Nice review, thanks! Shame that the shhow would have been so much better if the had cut part or all of that Eh Hee - Everyday run and played Jimi instead... oh well, at least you got fucking PETER GABRIEL'S SLEDGEHAMMER!!
    MistreatedLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #10
    trippinchad
    Nothing But Beard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MistreatedLewis View Post
    Nice review, thanks! Shame that the shhow would have been so much better if the had cut part or all of that Eh Hee - Everyday run and played Jimi instead... oh well, at least you got fucking PETER GABRIEL'S SLEDGEHAMMER!!
    Oh yea, Jimi could've easily replaced that entire run and I'd be content.

#NATITUDE
    Old 06-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #11
    DmBand801
    Schneider!

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea it was definitely cut I'd say. Dave was playing the riff as soon as Ants ended than stopped and looked at Carter and it was the end of it after one chorus.
    Brady is not going to let the crappier younger brother of Fat Forehead beat him in anything. Period.
    DmBand801 is offline   Reply With Quote