*** Official Chicago 2020 *** - Page 10 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-27-2021, 07:05 PM   #271
Stach23
Stach 23

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Chicago 2020 ***

***SELLING TWO PIT TICKETS***

It kills me to do this, but something came up, and I have to sell my two pit tickets for the 8/6 show. I believe they have to be transferred through a LiveNation account. Let me know if you're interested! Email is bstach23@gmail.com
Stach23 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-27-2021, 07:36 PM   #272
    matt630

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jayman414 View Post
    Hey everyone, really hoping someone might be able to help out. My step sister sold a single pit ticket she was going to sell me. Any chance anyone has a single pit ticket for 8/6? If you do and are looking to sell, feel free to PM or email me: jschultz4@gmail.com.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.
    Really thought this was going to end with you asking for help getting rid of any potential crime scene evidence for selling your pit ticket.

My Tour Stats
    matt630 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2021, 07:37 PM   #273
    matt630

My Tour Central Stats

Also, look up.

My Tour Stats
    Old 07-27-2021, 08:04 PM   #274
    JimiThing1234

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimHonks View Post
    Walking through Millennium park to the venue is a good idea. Are you looking for a place to stop and have food before the show or after or just in general over the weekend?

It's kind of hard to give suggestions because near millennium park there are a lot of options (what type of food or atmosphere are you looking for?), but the closer you get to the venue the options become much more limited and will probably be packed. Right near the venue, there is practically nothing.
    Pizza is what we are thinking
    JimiThing1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 07:41 AM   #275
    TimHonks

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimiThing1234 View Post
    Pizza is what we are thinking
    Some good options, maybe someone else will have some others:

1) Lou Malnati's - My favorite overall and one of the main "Chicago Pizza" options if you are visiting from out of town. The deep dish is great, but thin is solid as well. Lou's salad and cookie pizza are also amazing. Not far from Millennium Park but about 3 miles from the venue. If you are going pre-show and want deep dish remember to give 30-40 minutes extra for the pie and don't put yourself in a food coma!

2) Aurelio's - More known for thin crust and great sauce, but seems like a good option before the show. Only 1.2 miles to the venue and thin crust is probably a bit easier to handle and doesn't take as long if you are going pre-show. I have never been to this location and don't eat much Aurelio's, but its very solid pizza and others ITT like it a lot.

3) Flo & Santos - I've actually never been here and its not "Chicago style pizza", but this is where I might be starting my evening. It's close to where I pre-gamed last time and isn't a horrible walk to the venue. 1.4 miles to venue.

4) Giordanos - Another main "Chicago style pizza" option that a lot of people like. I think its good, not great. Super cheesy and saucy deep dish. Closer to millennium park - 2.5 miles from the venue.

5) Roots - South Loop - Again, not really Chicago style but a nice rooftop and usually a pretty good atmosphere. 2 miles from venue.

If you are willing to take an uber/cab and aren't in a rush I'd suggest Pequods (Lincoln Park - deep dish) or Piece (Wicker Park - brewery and New Haven style pizza)

I'm sure there are some other good options I'm not thinking of, but hope that helps.
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 07:41 AM   #276
    41pigs

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stach23 View Post
    ***SELLING TWO PIT TICKETS***

It kills me to do this, but something came up, and I have to sell my two pit tickets for the 8/6 show. I believe they have to be transferred through a LiveNation account. Let me know if you're interested! Email is bstach23@gmail.com
    Sent you an email!
    41pigs is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 08:02 AM   #277
    mdel21

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zaj128 View Post
    I live on the southside and think VnN's is the most overrated pizza in this entire city. Just in my area I would take Palermos on 95th, Nino's, Milano's all over VnN's. It is unique with how thin it is but it just does nothing for me at all. Aurelio's is a great change of pace though. Very unique sauce and crust.
    Vito and Nick's is good. Love Palermo's. The worst without question is Barracco's. The cardboard box probably tastes better than the pizza most days.
    mdel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 09:43 AM   #278
    zaj128
    The King In The North

Shows Seen: 52

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdel21 View Post
    Vito and Nick's is good. Love Palermo's. The worst without question is Barracco's. The cardboard box probably tastes better than the pizza most days.
    Yeah Baracco's is fine if you're eating there but there's no reason to order that with the other options around the southside. I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a must try for anyone in town either.

Twitter/IG:
    @Zaj128
    zaj128 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 10:39 AM   #279
    mdel21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zaj128 View Post
    Yeah Baracco's is fine if you're eating there but there's no reason to order that with the other options around the southside. I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a must try for anyone in town either.
    You ever been to Hog Wild down on Pulaski and 159thish? Chi Tung? Chuck's in Burbank?
    Old 07-28-2021, 11:54 AM   #280
    zaj128
    The King In The North

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You ever been to Hog Wild down on Pulaski and 159thish? Chi Tung? Chuck's in Burbank?
    Chi Tung is trash. Plenty of other Chinese options are just as good. Hog Wild and Chuck's are both awesome though.

Twitter/IG:
    @Zaj128
    Old 07-28-2021, 12:08 PM   #281
    mdel21

My Tour Central Stats

Chi Tung used to be our spot for the lunch buffett and the Pad See Yew. The pork tenderloin dinner with oven browns at Hog Wild is one of my favorite meals ever.
    Old 07-28-2021, 02:19 PM   #282
    TheMartyr
    Dan

Shows Seen: 69

My Tour Central Stats

ISO N2 Pit. Lucky enough to have Bday weekend shows this summer!

Can anyone help a fellow Ant out?

PM if your able to assit.

Thank you!
    Dan
    TheMartyr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 07:42 PM   #283
    JimiThing1234

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimHonks View Post
    Some good options, maybe someone else will have some others:

1) Lou Malnati's - My favorite overall and one of the main "Chicago Pizza" options if you are visiting from out of town. The deep dish is great, but thin is solid as well. Lou's salad and cookie pizza are also amazing. Not far from Millennium Park but about 3 miles from the venue. If you are going pre-show and want deep dish remember to give 30-40 minutes extra for the pie and don't put yourself in a food coma!

2) Aurelio's - More known for thin crust and great sauce, but seems like a good option before the show. Only 1.2 miles to the venue and thin crust is probably a bit easier to handle and doesn't take as long if you are going pre-show. I have never been to this location and don't eat much Aurelio's, but its very solid pizza and others ITT like it a lot.

3) Flo & Santos - I've actually never been here and its not "Chicago style pizza", but this is where I might be starting my evening. It's close to where I pre-gamed last time and isn't a horrible walk to the venue. 1.4 miles to venue.

4) Giordanos - Another main "Chicago style pizza" option that a lot of people like. I think its good, not great. Super cheesy and saucy deep dish. Closer to millennium park - 2.5 miles from the venue.

5) Roots - South Loop - Again, not really Chicago style but a nice rooftop and usually a pretty good atmosphere. 2 miles from venue.

If you are willing to take an uber/cab and aren't in a rush I'd suggest Pequods (Lincoln Park - deep dish) or Piece (Wicker Park - brewery and New Haven style pizza)

I'm sure there are some other good options I'm not thinking of, but hope that helps.

Thanks so much!
    JimiThing1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 08:08 PM   #284
    mandemiowa

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Besides the pizza places mentioned. What are the places to grab a bite and beer near the venue, or maybe more likely around Hilton on Michigan on the way to the venue. Usually we stay more south and go to Reggies, which was cool, but thought there would be more choices for a couple nights around the Hilton.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    mandemiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 09:21 PM   #285
    nickmo

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I've got Ticketmaster tickets from the original sale for the 2020 dates. I had hard tickets delivered after that sale, but was expecting them to be re-issued and sort of forgot about them. Now that we are getting close to the shows and I haven't received any new tickets I am wondering if these are still valid and going to be accepted? I tried calling Ticketmaster but haven't been able to get through, keep getting automated messages about the unprecedented volume of requests. I sent an email per their instructions but haven't heard back. I tried a number I found for the venue but nobody answering that either (don't think they have had any events yet). Anyone in the know if these tickets will be honored?
    nickmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 08:12 AM   #286
    TimHonks

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandemiowa View Post
    Besides the pizza places mentioned. What are the places to grab a bite and beer near the venue, or maybe more likely around Hilton on Michigan on the way to the venue. Usually we stay more south and go to Reggies, which was cool, but thought there would be more choices for a couple nights around the Hilton.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    You will have countless options by your hotel, so it really depends on what type of food/atmosphere you are looking for. The mag mile is kind of weird because there are countless options, but mostly for high-end dinners and touristy stuff - most of the "best places in chicago" are in wicker park, bucktown, west loop, lincoln park, etc.

There is a Buddy Guys Legends close which would be similar to Reggies (might be temporarily closed?). Jake Melnicks Corner Tap has really good wings and is a casual bar atmosphere. Sweetwater tavern and grill is a good standard bar/restaurant type place. The Gage is more upscale, but a cool bar and good food and in the direction towards the venue (one of my favorites in the area). London House crowd can be a little douchey, but a really cool rooftop to grab a few drinks at. Chicago Athletic Assocation has an awesome rooftop bar (Cindys) and a cool game room. Three dots and a dash is a popular asian-fusion tiki cocktail bar type place. Millers pub is famous and decent but nothing too exciting.

Touristy stuff - Signature room @ the 95th (amazing views and a cool place to grab a drink or two), Anywhere on the Riverwalk, Wendella boat architecture tour (great way to see the city during the day)
    Eataly and Revival Food Hall are cool upscale food-court type places- but worth checking out if that sounds cool to you.

I'm sure others have some good suggestions, but it really just depends on what you are looking for.
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 08:14 AM   #287
    kevinmavs

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Loving that the band will get 5 days off to refresh after West Palm Beach.
    Old 07-29-2021, 12:01 PM   #288
    jjlak15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevinmavs View Post
    Loving that the band will get 5 days off to refresh after West Palm Beach.
    I am wondering if they will head to Charlottesville for a couple days or come straight to Chicago and hang out. Dave always talks about how much fun it is here. Maybe even sing take me out to ball game on Friday. I know there are some media people at Cubs who are big fans.
    jjlak15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2021, 12:17 PM   #289
    zaj128
    The King In The North

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickmo View Post
    I've got Ticketmaster tickets from the original sale for the 2020 dates. I had hard tickets delivered after that sale, but was expecting them to be re-issued and sort of forgot about them. Now that we are getting close to the shows and I haven't received any new tickets I am wondering if these are still valid and going to be accepted? I tried calling Ticketmaster but haven't been able to get through, keep getting automated messages about the unprecedented volume of requests. I sent an email per their instructions but haven't heard back. I tried a number I found for the venue but nobody answering that either (don't think they have had any events yet). Anyone in the know if these tickets will be honored?
    They'll be honored. I chatted with someone on TM's site to make sure. My pits for Friday are from the 2020 shows as well.

Twitter/IG:
    @Zaj128
    Old 07-30-2021, 09:44 AM   #290
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Hey all - have an extra pair of Chicago N2 pits and looking for a pair of N1 pit tickets. Anyone looking for a swap?
    Old 07-30-2021, 11:44 AM   #291
    mdel21

My Tour Central Stats

If you can't trade will you sell?
    Old 07-30-2021, 12:36 PM   #292
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Best place to park?
    Old 07-30-2021, 12:41 PM   #293
    zaj128
    The King In The North

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepping View Post
    Best place to park?
    https://soldierfield.clickandpark.com/shop

Adler Surface lot. Traffic sucks getting out but that's how it is with every venue, it's nothing crazy.

Twitter/IG:
    @Zaj128
    Old 07-30-2021, 07:09 PM   #294
    matt630

My Tour Central Stats

I have some friends who just today told me that they were looking to join me in Chicago for the Saturday show. I know it’s beyond a long shot but if anyone has or can point me to a pair of Saturday pits you might see in your reading/posting, please feel free to let me know. Thanks!

My Tour Stats
    Old 07-31-2021, 05:58 AM   #295
    mdel21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepping View Post
    Best place to park?
    I've done spot hero on Michigan and then just walked. Way cheaper and sometimes quicker.
    Old 07-31-2021, 12:38 PM   #296
    SeekNancyUp
    Answer is always yes...

Shows Seen: 90

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

ISO of a single N1 Pit. Please PM me or text me. Thanks! - Jeff

847-363-4740
    SeekNancyUp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2021, 01:29 PM   #297
    twostepping
    Happy Birthday Walt!

Shows Seen: 89

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've done spot hero on Michigan and then just walked. Way cheaper and sometimes quicker.
    Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Tough to beat $13 parking.
    Old 07-31-2021, 08:00 PM   #298
    Crash1983
    2017 Setlist Game Champ

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

We are officially on deck!
    Old 08-01-2021, 06:14 AM   #299
    dmbdrew41

Shows Seen: 191

DMB Hub Stubs: 38

My Tour Central Stats

FS: 8/7 N2 Chicago.
    Single- WH GA pit
    Single- WH Sec 207 row D

Selling as a package. Send me a PM if interested.
    dmbdrew41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2021, 03:32 PM   #300
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbdrew41 View Post
    FS: 8/7 N2 Chicago.
    Single- WH GA pit
    Single- WH Sec 207 row D

Selling as a package. Send me a PM if interested.
    I'll give you $175 for the two...
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote