No single night tickets available? - Page 6 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #151
mikeykelly21
Sitting still as stone-

Shows Seen: 101

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: No single night tickets available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets73 View Post
Let me preface this by saying I've been a fan of this band since 1993. I believe they are and continue to be some of the best musicians, especially live, in the world today. Their music has been a positive influence in my life and it inspired me enough to attempt to play music myself.

I look forward to each summer and having the opportunity to see them live. Recently, my brother has become a fan and we have attended shows together. I was looking forward to doing the same thing this summer, with the Atlantic City shows but was disappointed to learn that they were requiring people to purchase all 3 nights or nothing at all.

Not only that, but when there appeared to be somewhat of an outcry from fans about cost, the band, management, promoter, etc. response was to, instead of offering single night tickets for fans that may not have the financial means, let alone the time to spend all 3 days in Atlantic City, offer a payment plan?

This was made all the more shocking coming from a band who has always kept their ticket prices low when others go up. This appears to me, and I never thought I would use this adjective to describe the band that I love but, it seems to be very greedy.

I haven't really seen many posts concerning this topic. Perhaps I'm simply in the minority on this. I'm a 26 year old college graduate, employed, on a payment plan to pay back lots of student loans. Now I'm being asked by the band that I've been musically and financially commited to over a majority of their career to go on a payment plan to go see them this summer? The concept of that seems to be pretty absurd.

Now, I'm well aware that no one is forcing me to put down 200 dollars and 3 days in Atlantic City to see the band that I love. And I'm sure they won't miss me. I know that no one is saying that I have to go. But..now I don't even know if I want to.

Look at me in my fancy car and my bank account /
Oh how I wish I could take it all down into my grave /
God knows I'd save and save.
So you were 7-8 years old listening to Dave Matthews? Wow, that's pretty impressive.
mikeykelly21 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #152
    mikeykelly21
    Sitting still as stone-

Shows Seen: 101

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by artiej1120 View Post
    And that's not counting all of the other bands on the bill you get to see too. Or the exclusivity of DMB shows at all this summer (12 total as opposed to 50+). So yes, definitely a steal.
    Which is a hell of a lot cheaper than $75 for single nights like they were last year and the year before.
    mikeykelly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #153
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

200 for 3 nights is a steal. Not sure how people can think otherwise.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #154
    artiej1120

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    200 for 3 nights is a steal. Not sure how people can think otherwise.
    For 3 full days really. Just to emphasize your point even more.
    artiej1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #155
    Minarets73

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Alright, Ants,

You got me. I guess I'm just not up to the financial and social level of those that are capable of investing 2,000 + posts of their lives to a major independent DMB fan site.

I also can't commit to 200 + to a 3 day pass. I'm sorry for not realizing that the most popular band coming out of the (arguably) worst musical decade in U.S. history, deserves whatever they or their management decides, that we should give them.

What do you go for?

What do you listen for?

The songs? The party? Yourself?

Please...there's plenty of reasons why this band is nearing it's end both live and behind the scenes and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts its because of knee-jerk twittering, facebook fucks like you morons.

Go climb another tree and celebrate something that you had no direct part of.

Go away.

UOTE=Minarets73;12605090]Alright, Ants,

You got me. I guess I'm just not up to the financial and social level of those that are capable of investing 2,000 + posts of their lives to a major independent DMB fan site.

I also can't commit to 200 + to a 3 day pass. I'm sorry for not realizing that the most popular band coming out of the (arguably) worst musical decade in U.S. history, deserves whatever they or their management decides, that we should give them.

What do you go for?

What do you listen for?

Please...there's plenty of reasons why this band is nearing it's end both live and behind the scenes and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts its because of knee-jerk twittering, facebook fucks like you morons.

Go away.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. An unnecessary rant brought on by cheap whiskey, high gas prices, and a negative employment climate.

I love this band. I love the fans. I just can't cut the cash to go to the show. My issue, not yours.

Rock n' Roll.

I can't believe that we would lie in our graves, wondering if we had spent our living days well.

- bothedmbfan
    Minarets73 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-24-2011, 06:25 AM   #156
    joeyray34

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    UOTE=Minarets73;12605090]Alright, Ants,

What do you go for?

What do you listen for?

Go away.
    Sorry. An unnecessary rant brought on by cheap whiskey, high gas prices, and a negative employment climate.

I love this band. I love the fans. I just can't cut the cash to go to the show. My issue, not yours.

Rock n' Roll.

I can't believe that we would lie in our graves, wondering if we had spent our living days well.[/QUOTE]

ive had jack daniels laced rants before, it happens. hope you get to make at least one night and yeah the employment climate blows (and i have a decent job).
    joeyray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #157
    DMBROX24

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Still bitching? Thought this ended a while ago
    DMBROX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2011, 03:15 AM   #158
    Minarets73

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBROX24 View Post
    Still bitching? Thought this ended a while ago

Yes, I'm still bitching. Thanks for virtually laughing in my face, though.

Of course, I'd have a much more positive attitude towards life if I got to wake up every morning in a town that smells like milk chocolate, with just a hint of cow shit.

But unfortunately, I'm not that fortunate.

Btw, weren't you the guy that cut in front of me in line at the Super Dooper Looper, DMB Hershey show, 1999?

- bothedmbfan
    Old 05-29-2011, 03:59 AM   #159
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Minarets73: Trying to be funny since 2005.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2011, 04:16 AM   #160
    RJP2741

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Wait, why would you want to wake up in a place that smelled like shit-tinged milk chocolate? That would ruin chocolate for me for the rest of my life. Very confused...

Edit: Also, you know you can buy 1-day tickets now right?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HoldemHart View Post
    Once again RJ brings the knowledge.

Last edited by RJP2741; 05-29-2011 at 04:19 AM.
    RJP2741 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #161
    DMBROX24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes, I'm still bitching. Thanks for virtually laughing in my face, though.

Of course, I'd have a much more positive attitude towards life if I got to wake up every morning in a town that smells like milk chocolate, with just a hint of cow shit.

But unfortunately, I'm not that fortunate.

Btw, weren't you the guy that cut in front of me in line at the Super Dooper Looper, DMB Hershey show, 1999?
    ......it's honestly not that great of a place once you've lived there forever. Thus making your attempt at humor a failure. Sorta like this thread...
    Old 06-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #162
    skoobz314
    Yea...that happened

Location: On the corner of Grey Street (at the end of the road)

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I am also 26 with crushing student debt. But I find a way to pay for this because its what I want. You have to figure out what is important in life. Food, gas in the car, DMB tickets...come on man get your shit together.
    skoobz314 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2011, 02:32 AM   #163
    Minarets73

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ......it's honestly not that great of a place once you've lived there forever. Thus making your attempt at humor a failure. Sorta like this thread...

Yeah, most people who live in a certain area "forever" end up having negative feelings towards it, no matter where it is or how bad it may or may not be. And if this thread is a failure, than thank you for your contribution to a sinking ship.

- bothedmbfan
    Old 06-05-2011, 02:36 AM   #164
    Minarets73

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by skoobz314 View Post
    I am also 26 with crushing student debt. But I find a way to pay for this because its what I want. You have to figure out what is important in life. Food, gas in the car, DMB tickets...come on man get your shit together.
    And Skoobz, the student debt must not be that crushing if you can pull off the food, gas in the car, and DMB tickets. Usually the top 3 general life priorities are food, clothing, and shelter, but...to each his or her own.

- bothedmbfan
    Old 06-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #165
    DMBROX24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, most people who live in a certain area "forever" end up having negative feelings towards it, no matter where it is or how bad it may or may not be. And if this thread is a failure, than thank you for your contribution to a sinking ship.
    I'll rephrase then...the creation of this thread, was indeed a failure.

Quote:
    And Skoobz, the student debt must not be that crushing if you can pull off the food, gas in the car, and DMB tickets. Usually the top 3 general life priorities are food, clothing, and shelter, but...to each his or her own.

Who are you to determine how much his student debt is? For all we know, and this might be a stretch for you (but only you) to fathom, he probably planned and saved for this trip Shocker right?
    Old 06-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #166
    Minarets73

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'll rephrase then...the creation of this thread, was indeed a failure.

Who are you to determine how much his student debt is? For all we know, and this might be a stretch for you (but only you) to fathom, he probably planned and saved for this trip Shocker right?
    Who am I? Well, who is everyone else that attacked me at the beginning of this failure of a thread, assuming that they determined or readily understood my personal finances? Has it really come full circle? I am dishing out the same abuse that I received upon creation of this thread?

Including one top shelf human being / ants poster, who suggested I jump off a building?

I was immediately criticized for being unable to afford it. Clearly, a lot of aggression exists concerning the economy, but I agree with you that no one should assume they understand another individuals financial situation.

I've learned one key lesson from creating this thread and putting it out among fellow fans.

I like the Dave Matthews Band a lot.
    You like the Dave Matthews Band a lot.

Other than that, there's nothing else we should talk about on here.

- bothedmbfan
    Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #167
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I still wanna talk about how you learned of the DMB at 7 years old?
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #168
    crounsa810

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Is it still possible to buy Atlantic City single night tickets? When's the last possible day you can buy them?
    crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #169
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
    Is it still possible to buy Atlantic City single night tickets? When's the last possible day you can buy them?

Yes, single day tickets are still available for AC.

I don't see a deadline listed on them, so I imagine you can buy them up until the day of the show unless they sell out.
    Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #170
    DMBROX24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Who am I? Well, who is everyone else that attacked me at the beginning of this failure of a thread, assuming that they determined or readily understood my personal finances? Has it really come full circle? I am dishing out the same abuse that I received upon creation of this thread?

Including one top shelf human being / ants poster, who suggested I jump off a building?

I was immediately criticized for being unable to afford it. Clearly, a lot of aggression exists concerning the economy, but I agree with you that no one should assume they understand another individuals financial situation.

I've learned one key lesson from creating this thread and putting it out among fellow fans.

I like the Dave Matthews Band a lot.
    You like the Dave Matthews Band a lot.

Other than that, there's nothing else we should talk about on here.
    The difference though, is that, you're the minority within this discussion because your views were wrong. (By saying that this costs too much). He was simply saying that he can afford it even though he is within the same boat as you. So attack his "individual financial situation" out of envy or spite (or whatever it may be). Cool.

Also, hopefully you have learned too through these threads and from us fellow fans, that sympathy is basically non-existent when it comes to situations that are in the complaining party(s) control. (Meaning you being poor and bitching about a very reasonable price for an event that could have never been created. Try to spin it around all you want, but don't act surprised if what you thought was your "opinion" was deemed unbelievable and just not true.
    Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #171
    j711

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I bought my single day, Friday the 24th, AC tickets today...

Somebody gimme a HIGH-FIVE or something......
    j711 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #172
    common311

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Business vs. Greed - I love the band, but there is a without a doubt a history of greedy, not fan friendly business decisions and the 3 day vs single day is a perfect example...

Business - selling 3 day tickets before single day tickets (obviously wanting to sell more 3 days passes before selling single day, BUT...)
    (Fan Friendly - making the 3 day ticket slightly cheaper than 3 separate singles and offering warehouse ticket holders a free gift, allowing 3-day pass holders re-entry privileges)
    Greed - not announcing initially that single day tickets will be sold at a later date
    Greed - not allowing 3 day passes to be transferable, why are the tickets bought as a 3-day pass not separate tickets?!?

Another example -
    Business - selling live shows online, live trax, dmblive series
    Greed - charging $18+, offering minimal discount for buying mp3 version, charging outrageous shipping fees
    common311 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #173
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by common311 View Post
    Business vs. Greed - I love the band, but there is a without a doubt a history of greedy, not fan friendly business decisions and the 3 day vs single day is a perfect example...

Business - selling 3 day tickets before single day tickets (obviously wanting to sell more 3 days passes before selling single day, BUT...)
    (Fan Friendly - making the 3 day ticket slightly cheaper than 3 separate singles and offering warehouse ticket holders a free gift, allowing 3-day pass holders re-entry privileges)
    Greed - not announcing initially that single day tickets will be sold at a later date
    Greed - not allowing 3 day passes to be transferable, why are the tickets bought as a 3-day pass not separate tickets?!?

Another example -
    Greed - charging $18+, offering minimal discount for buying mp3 version, charging outrageous shipping fees

Everyone not missing a chromosome knew that single day tickets would be sold eventually.

No festival does 3-day passes that are transferable day to day. It completely defeats the purpose of a 3-day pass.

What you call greed, I call common sense.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 06-12-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2011, 04:27 AM   #174
    Minarets73

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Everyone not missing a chromosome knew that single day tickets would be sold eventually.

No festival does 3-day passes that are transferable day to day. It completely defeats the purpose of a 3-day pass.

What you call greed, I call common sense.
    Listen, Hook 'em horns,

What you call "common sense" , I call ignorance.

This is a recent trend as far as music festivals go.

When I was 7 and first started listening to this band, music festivals were not as "strictly marketed". You buy tickets for one night or by 3 tickets for 3 nights. You didn't feel forced to decide one or the other, no matter how great the "deals" were.

- bothedmbfan
    Old 06-15-2011, 05:24 AM   #175
    RJP2741

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by common311 View Post

Another example -
    It's a pretty significant discount. $195 (3-day), $255 (3 individual tix). I agree with just about everything in your post, just wanted to point that out.

Quote:
    Listen, Hook 'em horns,

What you call "common sense" , I call ignorance.

This is a recent trend as far as music festivals go.

When I was 7 and first started listening to this band, music festivals were not as "strictly marketed". You buy tickets for one night or by 3 tickets for 3 nights. You didn't feel forced to decide one or the other, no matter how great the "deals" were.
    Is this another failed attempt at humor?

Quote:
    Old 06-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #176
    Minarets73

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RJP2741 View Post
    It's a pretty significant discount. $195 (3-day), $255 (3 individual tix). I agree with just about everything in your post, just wanted to point that out.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RJP2741 View Post

Is this another failed attempt at humor?
    Since when is 60 bucks a "pretty significant discount" ? With all the taxes and fees. What if I just want to go to one show, which is much more socially and economically easy to plan than three.

And for your second question...

Yes. And remotely knowledgeable insight.

- bothedmbfan

Last edited by Minarets73; 06-18-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    Old 06-18-2011, 06:16 AM   #177
    RJP2741

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Since when is 60 bucks a "pretty significant discount" ? With all the taxes and fees. What if I just want to go to one show, which is much more socially and economically easy to plan than three.

And for your second question...

Yes. And remotely knowledgeable insight.
    It's a discount of about 25%, that's pretty good. If you just want to go to one show, buy a 1-day ticket. Those are a little pricy, but they also include the opportunity to see other bands. If you're only there to see DMB, then I think the 1-day ticket is pretty expensive.

I only asked if that was a joke because you would be the first and only 7 year old I know who knew anything about marketing.

Quote: