What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 2872 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-12-2019, 11:22 AM   #86131
ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

Walking into a cloud of Axe when going to shipping / receiving
ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #86132
    jmc419

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Here's another one that makes me laugh

"I'll take that sandwich with Au Jus sauce."
    jmc419 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #86133
    Bmwm3oz

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

When you're expecting a package from J.W. Logistics, but the only way you can track said package is by calling an actual person. They provide no online tracking etc.
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #86134
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmc419 View Post

Here's another one that makes me laugh

"I'll take that sandwich with Au Jus sauce."
    Marginally related, coworker just got back from New Orleans and tells a whole meeting this morning that he's all about "cafe au lait" but pronounced it cafe ALOT.
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #86135
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Hate when people poke and touch computer monitors and TV screens. People always doing that to each other here, and when they're at my desk doing it I have to yell at them to stop touching the fucking monitor. Noticed our newer 75" flat screen TV in the conference room this morning had like 47 fingerprints on it
    Old 07-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #86136
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post
    Hate when people poke and touch computer monitors and TV screens. People always doing that to each other here, and when they're at my desk doing it I have to yell at them to stop touching the fucking monitor. Noticed our newer 75" flat screen TV in the conference room this morning had like 47 fingerprints on it

Truly unforgivable
    Old 07-14-2019, 10:52 AM   #86137
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

My work truck died this morning. Had to wait on my boss to come rescue me and help get the truck back to the shop. I got a new truck and continued to work.

I just got a flat fucking tire. Fuck today.
    Old 07-14-2019, 05:42 PM   #86138
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Having to play messenger between two people who cannot be professional with one another.

I'm pretty fucking close to getting with a couple of business partners, developing a business plan, and shopping for financing at banks. I could put most companies that do this out of business.

Work is school for adults, but we get dumber instead of smarter, because odds are unless you're a doctor or lawyer, most of what you do is actually non essential bullshit, and even if it isn't, odds are, it has a certain degree of bullshit to it.
    Old 07-15-2019, 08:13 AM   #86139
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Inability to find a specific flange mounted bearing, driving me nuts
    Old 07-15-2019, 08:20 AM   #86140
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    DishwasherWatch 2019
    I too am now having dishwasher issues. Got mine repaired a couple of months ago to the tune of a couple hundred bucks. It crapped out again yesterday...its runs for a few minutes, then stops and won't restart. Now I'm trying to decide whether to call someone out to repair it, or just replace it. I'm not exactly sure how old it is, at least four years old though.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #86141
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    I too am now having dishwasher issues. Got mine repaired a couple of months ago to the tune of a couple hundred bucks. It crapped out again yesterday...its runs for a few minutes, then stops and won't restart. Now I'm trying to decide whether to call someone out to repair it, or just replace it. I'm not exactly sure how old it is, at least four years old though.
    That sucks, obviously shouldn't be crapping out after 4 years.

Best Buy picked up the damaged one early Saturday. Now I'm just tracking the progress of the actual refund.

New dishwasher had its first run last night. Haven't checked back to see how it did.
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #86142
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

JFC, they take the dishwasher but then they want me to do more work to actually get the refund, i.e. call the 1-888 # or the nearest store to ask for it. Is this the worst customer service ever? Am I unlucky AF with this?
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #86143
    swordo84
    . .

Shows Seen: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    JFC, they take the dishwasher but then they want me to do more work to actually get the refund, i.e. call the 1-888 # or the nearest store to ask for it. Is this the worst customer service ever? Am I unlucky AF with this?
    It's not you - this whole saga has been fucking vomit inducing from a c.s. standpoint.
    swordo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:08 AM   #86144
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by swordo84 View Post
    It's not you - this whole saga has been fucking vomit inducing from a c.s. standpoint.
    I was honestly most surprised by the silence from the Best Buy twitter and even their specific Best Buy Support twitter. Usually when you tweet at those kind of accounts they reply/message you pretty quickly.
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:14 AM   #86145
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I'm having to buy a new oven and your ordeal with Best Buy has me staying completely away from them while pricing out what I need. Yikes.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:16 AM   #86146
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

My desk was moved temporarily to where the rest of my group sits, with one member on maternity leave for 14 weeks. That in and of itself sucks. However, the girl who sits behind me as the worse laugh I've ever heard, and I might have to resign my position due to it. It's like a hyena on laughing gas.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:20 AM   #86147
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

When I worked at Paychex back in the day before I got fired the sister of one of the local on air radio personalities also worked there - we called her the mad laugher. Everyday at lunch we listened to her cackle for an hour straight.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:32 AM   #86148
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

we have a cackler in my office too and it's not just that she's a cackler it's that she laughs all the time at stuff that isn't funny
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #86149
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    I'm having to buy a new oven and your ordeal with Best Buy has me staying completely away from them while pricing out what I need. Yikes.
    It's crazy because I'm sure plenty of people have had smooth experiences with them, but there's no way I would ever buy something like this from them again, nor recommend anyone use them.

It's like the moving company we used; they are one of the most popular, highly-rated in the area, and we had a kind of bad experience. My wife actually knows the owner and he took care of us after the fact somewhat, but still our experience wouldn't allow me to honestly recommend them to a friend.

I had a refrigerator delivered by Costco and a bedroom set from Haverty's this weekend and the entire process with both of those were flawless.
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:45 AM   #86150
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

what are your thoughts on this thing that kind of has me somewhat irritated?

A few weeks back, I requested/was granted this past Friday as a full day of PTO. But, I told everyone here, I might end up taking a half day if my wife can't get the day off from work (we were road-tripping for a long weekend; if she could get the day off we'd both take off and just leave early in the morning, but if she couldn't it didn't make sense for me to sit at home all morning twiddling my thumbs).

But, my wife wasn't able to get the day off, so I came in--but since I was taking a half day, I came in at like 7:00-7:30 so that I could work my 4 hours and get out ASAP.

Well, of course the schedule in the OR my wife was in that day was light to the point of non-existence, so she was able to leave essentially as soon as she got there. I had already made some commitments work-wise for the day so I didn't just turn around and leave.

So I worked for like 3 hours and left. Now granted I left at 10 so there's an argument that I didn't provide a full half-day of coverage (which is a big thing in my office), but on the other hand 3 hours of work is 3 hours of work and other people who are around to 'provide coverage' are permitted to work odd schedules like 7-3 on occasion.

Now my boss emailed me to make sure I amended my request back to a full 8 hours of PTO. I think it should 4 hours of PTO but recognize there's a counter argument. What say you guys?
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #86151
    sbuzzz
    Hey Suri

Shows Seen: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post

A few weeks back, I requested/was granted this past Friday as a full day of PTO. But, I told everyone here, I might end up taking a half day if my wife can't get the day off from work (we were road-tripping for a long weekend; if she could get the day off we'd both take off and just leave early in the morning, but if she couldn't it didn't make sense for me to sit at home all morning twiddling my thumbs).

But, my wife wasn't able to get the day off, so I came in--but since I was taking a half day, I came in at like 7:00-7:30 so that I could work my 4 hours and get out ASAP.

Well, of course the schedule in the OR my wife was in that day was light to the point of non-existence, so she was able to leave essentially as soon as she got there. I had already made some commitments work-wise for the day so I didn't just turn around and leave.

So I worked for like 3 hours and left. Now granted I left at 10 so there's an argument that I didn't provide a full half-day of coverage (which is a big thing in my office), but on the other hand 3 hours of work is 3 hours of work and other people who are around to 'provide coverage' are permitted to work odd schedules like 7-3 on occasion.

Now my boss emailed me to make sure I amended my request back to a full 8 hours of PTO. I think it should 4 hours of PTO but recognize there's a counter argument. What say you guys?
    Is your boss going to let you take three hours off a different day without submitting anything?
    sbuzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #86152
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Why not 5 hours of PTO? Since 8-3=5... Or am I bad at math?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #86153
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

At the company I work for you would get 5 hours of PTO for having worked 3 hours but every company is different, I guess it would just depend on company policy. If the policy is that you have to reach that 4th hour and you didn't then there's your answer.
    Old 07-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #86154
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

it's kinda dumb but the higher you get promoted in my company the less flexibility you have in PTO requests---I'm only allowed to take PTO in increments of 4 hours. I should have mentioned that from the outset.
    Old 07-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #86155
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    it's kinda dumb but the higher you get promoted in my company the less flexibility you have in PTO requests---I'm only allowed to take PTO in increments of 4 hours. I should have mentioned that from the outset.
    Show up at lunch time tomorrow, call it square.
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #86156
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

almost every story I hear about PTO requests etc makes me think I'm lucky that my job isn't that stringent re: PTO. as long as people know you'll be gone, it's almost never an issue, and certainly not scrutinized to that level

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 11:09 AM   #86157
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    almost every story I hear about PTO requests etc makes me think I'm lucky that my job isn't that stringent re: PTO. as long as people know you'll be gone, it's almost never an issue, and certainly not scrutinized to that level
    Same. I just put my requests on the PTO calendar and that's that. Sometimes I even work it out with my boss and don't even get charged PTO.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 11:13 AM   #86158
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

we don't even have "requests." it's your responsibility to make sure your projects are covered within reason, but you don't have to do anything formal other than charge the PTO in the system

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 11:24 AM   #86159
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

6 Hours of PTO every pay period
    4 Sick every pay period

paid every other week
    Old 07-15-2019, 11:50 AM   #86160
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    6 Hours of PTO every pay period
    4 Sick every pay period

paid every other week
    Welcome to the gov!
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote