The Gorge Q&A and FAQs - Page 73 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 09-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #2161
608to253DMB

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

N3 Gorge Tix

I know this is likely not the correct forum page. But unfortunately, I am unable to see the ticket exchange. Have 2 GA lawn seats for N3 @ the Gorge 2021. You cover fees! 20 for both total! I would hate to see these go to waste!
608to253DMB is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-03-2021, 08:15 AM   #2162
    rdp520

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Has anyone done Easy Camping? If so what is the bathroom/shower situation? The wife and I aren’t really campers and want to finally make it to the Gorge next year. I’m looking to make things as simple as possible. Also is it possible to just take snacks, alcohol, water and rely on food trucks for hot food?
    rdp520 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-04-2021, 07:13 AM   #2163
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rdp520 View Post
    Has anyone done Easy Camping? If so what is the bathroom/shower situation? The wife and I aren’t really campers and want to finally make it to the Gorge next year. I’m looking to make things as simple as possible. Also is it possible to just take snacks, alcohol, water and rely on food trucks for hot food?
    I believe the situation is--

bathroom: porta potties
    shower: pay a couple bucks for a hot shower, pay less (if anything) for a cold shower

if looking to make things as simple as possible I'd do my best to get into Oasis Camping

as for relying on food trucks, in the past that was certainly a viable option, but my understanding is that this year it may have been more difficult because they didn't have as many trucks there. I think you still could have done it, you'd have just been eating a lot of chicken tenders/pizza/burgers/standard concession fare rather than something more exotic.
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-06-2021, 06:31 AM   #2164
    rdp520

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post

shower: pay a couple bucks for a hot shower, pay less (if anything) for a cold shower

if looking to make things as simple as possible I'd do my best to get into Oasis Camping

as for relying on food trucks, in the past that was certainly a viable option, but my understanding is that this year it may have been more difficult because they didn't have as many trucks there. I think you still could have done it, you'd have just been eating a lot of chicken tenders/pizza/burgers/standard concession fare rather than something more exotic.

Thanks for info. I will definitely check into Oasis when it gets closer.
    rdp520 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #2165
    jcwalb2

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post

I think this is right. Easy camping just means they set up the tent and let you have a sleeping bag and an air mattress. Otherwise, I think it is the same as Gold (which has free showers, coincidentally).

If you're looking for the least camp-y route, this is right - go Oasis. But, you can also rent an RV and park either in Gold or Standard - this seemed to be quite a popular option and I think it worked out well for those folks.

As for food trucks, this was my first year but I hear they were reduced. Assume that may ramp back up moving forward. That said, you could have survived on the food trucks (at a pretty decent markup, but not terrible). That all said, I'm not much of a camper, and we rented all our gear through Back 40 Outfitters and did fine, and we added on a camp stove. We might have looked a bit stupid for a few minutes getting the tents put up/organized, but if we pulled it off, I feel like most people could.

Last edited by jcwalb2; 10-08-2021 at 01:09 PM.
    jcwalb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2021, 09:34 AM   #2166
    Bearclaw_

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Hey All!

The Gorge is the final “big venue” on my list and I’m starting to look/plan for 2022.

Without going through the entire thread, anyone have any basic items I can start looking at?

Where do people fly in to? Seattle?

What options for lodging? Is it all camping?

Any other newbie advice?

Thanks all!
    Bearclaw_ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2021, 10:09 AM   #2167
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
    Hey All!

The Gorge is the final “big venue” on my list and I’m starting to look/plan for 2022.

Without going through the entire thread, anyone have any basic items I can start looking at?

Where do people fly in to? Seattle? Seattle. Some people say Spokane is an easier drive, but it really depends on where you're flying from. Seattle will most likely have way more flight options (and way cheaper too). Plus if you have some extra time to kill, Seattle is definitely where you want to be.

What options for lodging? Is it all camping? Mostly camping. Premier is a great balance of a fun atmosphere and a few extra amenities, but theres lots of options on site plus a few offsite campgrounds that people love (Wildhorse, etc.). I believe there are a few towns within 30 minutes to an hour that have hotels and possibly shuttles, but camping is the way to go if you have any tolerance for that sort of thing. Lots of people who never camp do it at the Gorge every year and have a great time.

Any other newbie advice? Do lawn at least one night (preferably N1), go in early, and take your time going over the hill (to the left after going through the gate). Go to the winery. Go swimming in the river.

Thanks all!
    Lots of great information is already out there and you should read all of it, but I threw out a couple quick answers
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2021, 10:12 AM   #2168
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hey All!

Any other newbie advice?

Thanks all!
    Start here, with the link in the OP post: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...QWvC7Jjgk/edit

Has a ton of good info.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2021, 10:38 AM   #2169
    ElijahSoRight72

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Start here, with the link in the OP post: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...QWvC7Jjgk/edit

Has a ton of good info.
    Can confirm this is a great document. It was literally today that my buddy and I used it to come to the conclusion that it's too expensive for us to make it work It's insanely helpful.
    ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-21-2021, 12:23 PM   #2170
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 View Post
    Can confirm this is a great document. It was literally today that my buddy and I used it to come to the conclusion that it's too expensive for us to make it work It's insanely helpful.
    Other than a local show, the Gorge can be the cheapest shows possible:

- Up to 6 people can have a camping spot for 4 nights for $120 total...that's like $5/night/person

- 3 Nights in the lawn for about $120 total. Wait until August and Lawn can be $20/night

- Drink and Eat cheap for 4 nights. It's next to impossible to spend a bunch of money at the Gorge...there are no restaurants, no bars, no hotels, no malls

- Book flights on Southwest and bring camping stuff for free
    Old 12-08-2021, 05:37 AM   #2171
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Next THUR 12/16 Southwest will open up there schedule thru 9/5/22, the Monday after the Gorge

Doesn't mean that the cheapest fares will be available, just the first chance to book on Southwest
    Old 01-18-2022, 02:09 PM   #2172
    Kiki4041

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Has anyone ever stayed at Crescent Bar Vacation Rentals in Quincy? If so, how was it?
    Thanks!
    Kiki4041 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2022, 03:18 PM   #2173
    treyb953

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Did General camping last year for our first Gorge trip…. Thinking about going with Premier this year…. What are the advantages? And are there plenty of tents in Premier or is it mostly campers/RV’s?

Last edited by treyb953; 01-29-2022 at 03:19 PM.
    treyb953 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2022, 08:59 AM   #2174
    douce54

Shows Seen: 108

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Sorry if I missed, but is there info on when Oasis camping goes on sale and/or the best way to get it?
    Old 02-05-2022, 10:02 AM   #2175
    ducker2448

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by treyb953 View Post
    Did General camping last year for our first Gorge trip…. Thinking about going with Premier this year…. What are the advantages? And are there plenty of tents in Premier or is it mostly campers/RV’s?

If I remember correctly, primary advantage is private showers vs the shower trailers of general camping and a slightly shorter walk to the venue (it’s still a hike). Still mostly tents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 02-05-2022, 10:03 AM   #2176
    ducker2448

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ducker2448 View Post
    If I remember correctly, primary advantage is private showers vs the shower trailers of general camping and a slightly shorter walk to the venue (it’s still a hike). Still mostly tents.

Oh and maybe a free shuttle to and from venue and campground.

Old 02-21-2022, 11:06 AM   #2177
    malasain84

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

So we got standard camping through the warehouse and we wanted premium. Advice on the best way to get premium without just outright paying for another camping pass when Ticketmaster sale opens?
    malasain84 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2022, 11:27 AM   #2178
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by malasain84 View Post
    So we got standard camping through the warehouse and we wanted premium. Advice on the best way to get premium without just outright paying for another camping pass when Ticketmaster sale opens?
    Your best bet is TM tomorrow at exactly 9am. Then again on FRI, then on the boards. Sell the GA asap as market price will drop as time goes on
    Old 02-22-2022, 11:44 AM   #2179
    lieinourgraves
    Mr. T

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I was wondering if anyone could please help solve our parking issue. My group of 4 has both a RV & car rented. Unfortunately we did not secure terrace camping today & got 1 gold pass for the RV. Where is a safe place that we could park our car rental for the weekend? Thanks for your help.

My DMB Almanac: http://DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=658
    lieinourgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2022, 12:09 PM   #2180
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Buy a general camping pass for cheap off the boards.
    Old 02-22-2022, 12:19 PM   #2181
    Mateo2k

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hey All!

Any other newbie advice?

Thanks all!
    Fly in and out of Seattle, and spend some time there if you can. It's great.

There are hotels. Some are almost an hour drive, and some are really close. The close hotels seem to be pretty basic, the futher hotels seem nicer, but you have a bit of a drive (I don't mind a drive, but some might). I'm personally over camping at a concert venue. I'm much happier driving the 45 minutes and having a quite room, hot shower, and comfy bed. These hotels should have cancelation policies if Covid, personal/work issues, or anything else prohibits your travel.

If you know for sure you're going, and are willing to put up some money, there's some really nice places to stay really close to the venue, but they fill up fast, are pretty pricy, and are non-refundable. If you have any concerns about Covid or anything else potentially impacting your trip, it might not be ideal.

If you can, I recommend reserved seats, but spend some time in the lawn. Take in the view and let it wash over you. It's a pretty venue. You may decide to stay in the lawn, but always have the option to move down to your seat to get closer if you want.
    Mateo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2022, 12:22 PM   #2182
    carter41dmb

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lieinourgraves View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could please help solve our parking issue. My group of 4 has both a RV & car rented. Unfortunately we did not secure terrace camping today & got 1 gold pass for the RV. Where is a safe place that we could park our car rental for the weekend? Thanks for your help.
    There is a field down the road that from the Gorge that the owner charges people to leave extra cars for the weekend. It is very reasonable and the entrance is secure. No advance reservation or anything is necessary. Its great.
    Old 03-01-2022, 10:12 AM   #2183
    Hickmat

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Has anyone had any experience with AIYRE Pacific Van rentals?
    Hickmat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-26-2022, 06:36 PM   #2184
    rhd9b
    wahoos

Shows Seen: 86

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

What is the PIT like? Sorry I didn’t search. Just want to know if they oversell it and/or if you can get pushed way off too the sides if you’re late.
    Old 04-26-2022, 06:39 PM   #2185
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Used to be great; last few years lots of stories of it being oversold
    Old 05-11-2022, 10:12 AM   #2186
    rubrink

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Hey has anyone done family camp parking? We’re going with my two kids and we chose that
    rubrink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2022, 04:03 PM   #2187
    Muirk

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rubrink View Post
    Hey has anyone done family camp parking? We’re going with my two kids and we chose that

It's a chill area away from everyone else. You're separated from the road with a wooden fence and there are some bushes people park their vehicles up against. It's centrally located so you have easy access to the store, first aid station and food carts.
    Muirk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-23-2022, 06:47 PM   #2188
    dagostml

Shows Seen: 122

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

The 2022 Gorge Bus!
    This year's Gorge Bus currently has around three (3) hotel rooms available - and still plenty of room on the bus overall.

Current details:
    • $300/person confirms you a spot on the bus. This includes transportation from Seattle (Thursday) to Ephrata (back and forth to all three shows) and back to Seattle (Monday) AND a confirmed hotel room in Ephrata at the Best Western (pay at arrival - group rate of $165.99/night).

The $300 will also include a group t-shirt, some tailgating food/drinks and other surprises.

If you are interested and want more details, please feel free to join the below group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/319834178208743

This will be my fifth year on the bus - if you have any questions, please feel free to message me directly. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Gorge!

Last edited by dagostml; 06-23-2022 at 06:48 PM.
    dagostml is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2022, 12:24 PM   #2189
    mynameismike

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

If we are just starting at looking at the gorge have we already missed the boat in terms of hotels and non-lawn tickets?
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2022, 12:31 PM   #2190
    marcdmbfan

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    If we are just starting at looking at the gorge have we already missed the boat in terms of hotels and non-lawn tickets?
    No. Tickets for gorge are not difficult. Hotels will open up too as people cancel or upgrade hotels.