Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 12-22-2020, 02:02 PM   #541
BrettG19DMBFan

Shows Seen: 33

Re: Annual Warehouse Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
How? The video is the best part. It should be up on the WH all year. They should've released it to us as a dl

I agree with you. It should be. That said, it shouldn't be the warehouse package audio release for 2021...
BrettG19DMBFan is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #542
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 45

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrettG19DMBFan View Post
    I agree with you. It should be. That said, it shouldn't be the warehouse package audio release for 2021...
    But it is. The video being up doesn't change anything about the audio selection
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #543
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 27

To play devil’s advocate here, the video doesn’t seem like it was mixed at all, it just sounds like a straight rip with no editing. They recorded in a studio on studio equipment, this will be mixed and sound 1000% times better on the CD.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #544
    blumathu

Shows Seen: 34

There is absolutely editing on the audio of the video. You can tell where they tweaked some stuff where Dave screwed up.

Now, will they do further editing for the audio download? Maybe, I guess we'll see.
    blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #545
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 45

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    To play devil’s advocate here, the video doesn’t seem like it was mixed at all, it just sounds like a straight rip with no editing. They recorded in a studio on studio equipment, this will be mixed and sound 1000% times better on the CD.
    You mean mp3 or FLAC there is no CD
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-22-2020, 07:19 PM   #546
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 85

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZackR View Post
    There's no chance that the show download will give you the option to select a show from the tour. It will absolutely be like the 7/24/2018 show.

And look, go green and all that but there's zero chance that was the primary motivating factor in not shipping CDs. Zero. But whatever makes people feel better.

The Dave & Carter show is great and I'd actually love to have a physical CD of it since it's by FAR the best DMB-related anything in YEARS. Not surprised at all that it ended up being the WH release this year. I wish it were a physical release, but still glad it's getting released. So going forward, I wonder if there are no additional tracks for long-term members.

Oh well.

The Dave & Carter performance was simply fantastic so I can't be annoyed that it is getting officially released. Hopefully they'll release some sort of high-res artwork along with it.
    Obviously.. lol. This would be too go to be true otherwise...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dancheatham View Post
    "Here's something you already have in a format you already have it in, but now you have to pay $35 for it."
    "You're welcome" - Bubba Watson
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by specialkd24 View Post
    Nobody joins the Warehouse for a package or CD. You join to get tickets. I'm fine with this. There are a lot of members who have no idea how to get on Dreaming Tree and download this show, so it'll be a nice treat for them.

What I'm worried about for the future as both an environmental concern and a COVID safety issue, is the discontinuation of printed Warehouse tickets. I LOVE my printed tickets (not only do I have every DMB show I've been to - I have every sporting event, concert and movie stub I've ever been to) and if they go digital only, hopefully they give people access to a printable Commemorative ticket for saving (like Pearl Jam does I think).

You're asking too much..
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    I'm all for electronic tickets!! Tired of having to pick up my Warehouse tickets at will call
    Amen to this. Except, it's the Warehouse so expect all tickets to be will called in the "near future".

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
    exactly
    at least with actual discs, people had to go out of their way to "cheat it" and get it without being a member, plus resale if you wanted.
    \Now anyone can grab it fast and easy
    #winning

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dancheatham View Post
    The CD is literally the only reason I'm in the Warehouse.
    Wait, you don't post 10k times a year on the forums like some people
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-22-2020, 10:18 PM   #547
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

I’m happy to have this as a release. I was just listening to the video stream in my car and it sounds good, but it could absolutely sound better with proper mixing and mastering.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-23-2020, 03:13 AM   #548
    chach1369
    Bluto

Shows Seen: 48

So I emailed the WH asking about a link to download the audio for this...
    "Hello John,

When DMB fans join the Warehouse OR renew their Warehouse membership, they become eligible to receive a Warehouse Membership Package. In the month following the join/renewal action the WAREHOUSE SESSION download becomes available via your MY INFO page. Thank you for your patience! We know you will LoVE your Warehouse gift of music.

Your specific case > AUGUST renewal - DL available within the month of SEPTEMBER."
    chach1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #549
    Aforauer

Shows Seen: 11

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chach1369 View Post
    "Hello John,

When DMB fans join the Warehouse OR renew their Warehouse membership, they become eligible to receive a Warehouse Membership Package. In the month following the join/renewal action the WAREHOUSE SESSION download becomes available via your MY INFO page. Thank you for your patience! We know you will LoVE your Warehouse gift of music.

Your specific case > AUGUST renewal - DL available within the month of SEPTEMBER."
    Thanks for looking into this. Kinda BS that it isn't available to download at your leisure. Making people wait for an audio download file seems a little silly
    Aforauer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #550
    Crash1983
    2017 Setlist Game Champ

Shows Seen: 71

I got emailed by warehouse and asked to “kindly” not renew my membershp because they saw two in the same household. One has been my wives 15 year plus membership she had before we were married and mine which is about 6 years old. They have time to look into that after we asked why we didnt receive her 15 year ticket book. Ok don’t take my money but you “kindly” always gave me uppers on both accounts with no problem.
    Old 12-23-2020, 09:50 PM   #551
    lilant420

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crash1983 View Post
    I got emailed by warehouse and asked to “kindly” not renew my membershp because they saw two in the same household. One has been my wives 15 year plus membership she had before we were married and mine which is about 6 years old. They have time to look into that after we asked why we didnt receive her 15 year ticket book. Ok don’t take my money but you “kindly” always gave me uppers on both accounts with no problem.
    "At the Warehouse".... doot doot doot doot... EVERYBODYYYYYYYYYY!!
    Old 12-28-2020, 12:35 PM   #552
    westwingjl

Shows Seen: 25

Just reading about all this. I won't be renewing anymore. Not only did we lose a year of ticketing "benefits", but now we get a download of something that we already have? Unreal and a slap in the face tbh.

Also, they're clearly not doing this to be environmentally friendly. They're being cheap.
    westwingjl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #553
    DaveHead77
    Saw LS teased 2x n 2wks

Shows Seen: 24

Quote:
    Originally Posted by westwingjl View Post
    Just reading about all this. I won't be renewing anymore. Not only did we lose a year of ticketing "benefits", but now we get a download of something that we already have? Unreal and a slap in the face tbh.

Also, they're clearly not doing this to be environmentally friendly. They're being cheap.
    I tend to agree 100% on this ⤴️. Sidenote, unless I forgot to renew, has there not been a Warehouse package since the one that had that version of “Mercy“ with that unbelievable Buddy solo on it? It was from a show in Germany I think? Don’t have the CD jacket on me so I can’t be more descriptive than that currently
    Nashville '00, Nashville '04, Cincy '07, Charlotte '08, Louisville '08, Charlottesville N2 '09, Nashville '09, Deer Creek N2 '09, DM in Nashville '10, Atlanta '10, Atlanta '11, Atlanta '12, Atlanta '14, Atlanta '15, Atlanta '16, Charlottesville '16, D&T 2x ‘17 Nashville, Atlanta ‘18, Raleigh ‘18, C’ville N2 ‘18, & Memphis ‘19.

Last edited by DaveHead77; 12-29-2020 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Typo
    DaveHead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-30-2020, 12:24 PM   #554
    mdel21

Quote:
    Originally Posted by why i am View Post
    We will ship the 15 year commemorative Warehouse ticket album to members that joined in 2006 while supplies last.
    Shouldn't they know exactly how many 15 year members they have and plan accordingly? What a joke.
    Quote:
    So what happens if you get divorced? Who gets the account? What company will turn down free money?

I used to be in warehouse from 2003-2006. Left after the "preferred lawn" bullshit in 2006. Went to Alpine, they had a snow fence set up, I think it lasted about 3 minutes.
    Rejoined in 2017 for D+T tickets. Either shitty seats or no seats for most shows. The only benefit was getting PIT for the Super Bowl show in St. Paul.
    mdel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-30-2020, 02:09 PM   #555
    lilant420

Quote:

How did you lose a year of ticketing benefits? Did you expect them to really cancel everyone's tickets? Ha.

The plus side this IMO will be in 2021, ticket prices will be more so if you got them in 2020 you will have a saved the difference. #3%

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdel21 View Post
    Shouldn't they know exactly how many 15 year members they have and plan accordingly? What a joke.
    So what happens if you get divorced? Who gets the account? What company will turn down free money?

I used to be in warehouse from 2003-2006. Left after the "preferred lawn" bullshit in 2006. Went to Alpine, they had a snow fence set up, I think it lasted about 3 minutes.
    Rejoined in 2017 for D+T tickets. Either shitty seats or no seats for most shows. The only benefit was getting PIT for the Super Bowl show in St. Paul.
    Old 12-31-2020, 08:06 AM   #556
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 27

Quote:
    "Hello John,

Making some people wait 9 or 10 months to receive this is so so dumb. It should just be made available for download on Jan. 1 for any active WH member, and kept up throughout the year for any new members who join later on. Stop trying to act like this release is still some special exclusive gift that needs to be kept under lock and key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-31-2020, 09:55 AM   #557
    mposey34
    LET'S GEAUX

Shows Seen: 22

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    Making some people wait 9 or 10 months to receive this is so so dumb. It should just be made available for download on Jan. 1 for any active WH member, and kept up throughout the year for any new members who join later on. Stop trying to act like this release is still some special exclusive gift that needs to be kept under lock and key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s a perk for joining or renewing your membership in 2021, so they are not going to make it available early for people that aren’t going to renew.
    Old 12-31-2020, 10:07 AM   #558
    westwingjl

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilant420 View Post
    How did you lose a year of ticketing benefits? Did you expect them to really cancel everyone's tickets? Ha.

The plus side this IMO will be in 2021, ticket prices will be more so if you got them in 2020 you will have a saved the difference. #3%

It's kind of simple math....paying for two years of membership for one year of ticketing...they wouldn't cancel the tickets, sure, but why not just let next year's membership be free to those who had it this year?
    westwingjl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-02-2021, 02:08 PM   #559
    lilant420

Quote:
    It's kind of simple math....paying for two years of membership for one year of ticketing...they wouldn't cancel the tickets, sure, but why not just let next year's membership be free to those who had it this year?
    Because that makes too much sense.

*I said the same thing about a week ago.
    Old 01-03-2021, 03:10 PM   #560
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 96

Quote:
    Wow
    Well it was the policy from day one but we all know people who either got married or simply got second memberships so for them to enforce it now is odd imo.

For those discussing the “free” yr/two yrs for one of ticket benefits...
    Imo you have to be crazy to think they would renew everyone free. Would it have been nice,, yes but in reality the WH isn’t a ticket only membership.
    granted it is all it is really worth but in the end they supplied you with every other feature that you are paying for.
    Maybe a partial discount would be the actual fairest thing, but that’s not happening either
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-03-2021, 05:51 PM   #561
    lilant420

Quote:
    Wow
    Well it was the policy from day one but we all know people who either got married or simply got second memberships so for them to enforce it now is odd imo.

Imo you have to be crazy to think they would renew everyone free. Would it have been nice,, yes but in reality the WH isn’t a ticket only membership.
    granted it is all it is really worth but in the end they supplied you with every other feature that you are paying for.
    Maybe a partial discount would be the actual fairest thing, but that’s not happening either
    Agreed. "The benefit" will (still) be your tickets are less then Ticketmaster (even though you're paying a yearly fee) but (hopefully) that money goes more towards "the band" rather then to TM's pocket.

Or the other benefit will be you continued your seniority and now you will move up one row of seats (if you lucky) in 2022. lol
    Old 01-04-2021, 02:16 PM   #562
    somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 32

Quote:
    Wow

Eric Church gave his fan club a free year due to 2020 being upended. This would have been their chance to fundamentally change the fanclub calendar--everyone who paid in 2020, despite which month, now has their membership through December 31, 2021....get all renewals out of the way in January and then everyone is taken care of for a year.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-04-2021, 04:05 PM   #563
    barefoot
    More coffee....

Shows Seen: 60

I renewed, not really sure why. Mostly for D&T and the fact I have been a member for so long (Jan 02).
    Old 01-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #564
    prosty41

Shows Seen: 19

Quote:
    Because that makes too much sense.

*I said the same thing about a week ago.
    Band politics will support the hell out of socialism but they are not about to give out a year of membership for FREE.
    prosty41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-06-2021, 03:06 PM   #565
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 31

Not that is matters, but I finally got my 2020 WH package and this is my first foray into the 10 song CD (yes, I'm well aware that CDs are no mas going forward). But this disc is excellent. We were on the in front of Tim on N2 @ SPAC, it's awesome hearing those awesome takes on GIG and JTR again...not sure why they flipped though.

Good day good folks.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-06-2021, 03:46 PM   #566
    chach1369
    Bluto

Shows Seen: 48

Quote:
    Agreed. "The benefit" will (still) be your tickets are less then Ticketmaster (even though you're paying a yearly fee) but (hopefully) that money goes more towards "the band" rather then to TM's pocket.

Or the other benefit will be you continued your seniority and now you will move up one row of seats (if you lucky) in 2022. lol
    Side note... When we thinking they'll open up ticketing for the additional 2021 stops? Any word yet?
    chach1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-06-2021, 06:46 PM   #567
    Bearclaw_

Shows Seen: 11

I think the annual “gift” is fine. Who cares what they offer. Sure, we’ve already seen this but better audio is welcome.

But, I don’t understand the availability at all. 1/1/XX offer the yearly download to everyone. Why wait for a download? I’ll just pirate it at this point. Silly and stupid.
    Bearclaw_ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-06-2021, 07:32 PM   #568
    27amberrose

Shows Seen: 43

My email to WH: Greetings! So I see that this year’s membership package will be via download vs a hard copy. What if you do not own a computer or have a means to get the musical download? I do everything via IPhone.
    Thank you!
    WH: Hello Amber,

iPhones have a proprietary exclusion on downloads only from iTunes.
    Androids have a proprietary exclusion on downloads only from Google Play.

We hope you come upon a platform to which you can enjoy the 2021 member music, which is the Warehouse Session with Carter & Dave.

Happy New Year CHEERS!
    Warehouse Crew
    Me: As previously stated, I have NO way to do so. Just another membership lost. Thank you.

WH: We are looking into alternative methods and will definitely have this prior to your renewal in March. Please reach out to us after your March 2021 renewal for assistance with the Warehouse Session download via your iPhone.

Warehouse Crew
    27amberrose is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-08-2021, 02:51 AM   #569
    lilant420

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
    I renewed, not really sure why. Mostly for D&T and the fact I have been a member for so long (Jan 02).
    Dave & Tim what?
    Quote:
    Side note... When we thinking they'll open up ticketing for the additional 2021 stops? Any word yet?
    Today, Friday 1/8/21

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 27amberrose View Post
    My email to WH: Greetings! So I see that this year’s membership package will be via download vs a hard copy. What if you do not own a computer or have a means to get the musical download? I do everything via IPhone.
    Thank you!
    WH: Hello Amber,

iPhones have a proprietary exclusion on downloads only from iTunes.
    Androids have a proprietary exclusion on downloads only from Google Play.

We hope you come upon a platform to which you can enjoy the 2021 member music, which is the Warehouse Session with Carter & Dave.

Happy New Year CHEERS!
    Warehouse Crew
    Me: As previously stated, I have NO way to do so. Just another membership lost. Thank you.

WH: We are looking into alternative methods and will definitely have this prior to your renewal in March. Please reach out to us after your March 2021 renewal for assistance with the Warehouse Session download via your iPhone.

Warehouse Crew
    You do everything via iPhone yet your iPhone didn't autocorrect it's own name (iPhone) from "IPhone" (as you spelled it) to "iPhone"? Rightttt

Anyways, my point is, clearly you're not sending the message from a iPhone like you say you are. Warehouse basically said F u... not only in their first message but their second one as well by saying "iPhone" back to you. haha

Also, I don't blame them for telling you to reach out once you "don't renew".

Regardless, of all that, we know you will renew. And when you do, they'll have a promo code (waiting) just for you.
    Old 01-08-2021, 09:55 AM   #570
    jssmith6

Shows Seen: 57

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Not that is matters, but I finally got my 2020 WH package and this is my first foray into the 10 song CD (yes, I'm well aware that CDs are no mas going forward). But this disc is excellent. We were on the in front of Tim on N2 @ SPAC, it's awesome hearing those awesome takes on GIG and JTR again...not sure why they flipped though.

Good day good folks.
    It's really too bad you had to wait, as I would have freely given you my copy. Mercy and VITR are the only highlights. Everything else is sped up DMB 3.0 and sounds like a wall of sound.
    jssmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote