$$$ NYC, Beacon Theater 2009-06-01 $$$ - Page 67 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #1981
Doors Allan Coe
The Whiskey Bastard

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: $$$ NYC, Beacon Theater 2009-06-01 $$$

Upper Balcony was going wild. I don't think anyone sat the entire show.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #1982
    pecaneya

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

last night was awesome. my boyfriend and i got denied thru WH and decided to not support scalpers and hold off til the day of the show. he went to the place down at 5 and got in a line not knowing what it was for and ended up getting 2 Loge tickets for just ticket prices no fees bs. i think all those who scalp just realize that karma will come back to you as this was a charity show. the place was rocking and having the old man with the white hair and beard jamming away all night next to you is quite possibly a great way to enjoy that show.

we got in line to buy a poster and the crowd was so outta control that they pushed down the counter and they stopped selling for a little bit until people moved back and stopped pushing. we got lucky and were able to snag our hands on one and a shirt. btw those who scalp posters are also d-bags cause there are many fans who really want to get these for memories not to make money on them.
    pecaneya is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #1983
    pecaneya

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

plus Carter threw a stick my way and some guy & his chick sitting down all night in front of me not really into at all just reached out and took out from me. i was very disappointed that people do these lame moves when they dont even really enjoy the shows.
    pecaneya is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #1984
    tomaureen28

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Actually, we got in early and saw a warehouse rep giving front row seats out at ramdom. The two seats next to us were empty all night too. I think those folks ended up in the front row, lucky bastards.
    tomaureen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #1985
    jiggajm18
    Joe

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doors Allan Coe View Post

that was such a fun show
    jiggajm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #1986
    dotpsd

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pecaneya View Post
    last night was awesome. my boyfriend and i got denied thru WH and decided to not support scalpers and hold off til the day of the show. he went to the place down at 5 and got in a line not knowing what it was for and ended up getting 2 Loge tickets for just ticket prices no fees bs. i think all those who scalp just realize that karma will come back to you as this was a charity show. the place was rocking and having the old man with the white hair and beard jamming away all night next to you is quite possibly a great way to enjoy that show.

we got in line to buy a poster and the crowd was so outta control that they pushed down the counter and they stopped selling for a little bit until people moved back and stopped pushing. we got lucky and were able to snag our hands on one and a shirt. btw those who scalp posters are also d-bags cause there are many fans who really want to get these for memories not to make money on them.
    I saw this dude in Penn on the way back after the show and I saw him a few times walking around in the city. I was hoping someone would mention him! :-) so awesome!
    dotpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #1987
    dotpsd

My Tour Central Stats

I truly enjoyed this show; let me start off by saying that. I just hated the dude next to be at this on idiot (in row ZZ on the left) that had to talk really loud the whole fuckin show. All I heard was them talking about stupid shit during the quieter songs and then screaming all the lyrics for the loud ones in my ears very off key. I'm all about having a good time and a show and having a few beers before but some people just don't give a shit about what's happening on stage. After a while I just tried to laugh it off and enjoy the show which I was able to do thankfully.

Oh, and Carter tossing his stick at Jeff during #41, classic.
    Old 06-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #1988
    Cobraman332
    mdh

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dotpsd View Post
    I truly enjoyed this show; let me start off by saying that. I just hated the dude next to be at this on idiot (in row ZZ on the left) that had to talk really loud the whole fuckin show. All I heard was them talking about stupid shit during the quieter songs and then screaming all the lyrics for the loud ones in my ears very off key. I'm all about having a good time and a show and having a few beers before but some people just don't give a shit about what's happening on stage. After a while I just tried to laugh it off and enjoy the show which I was able to do thankfully.

Oh, and Carter tossing his stick at Jeff during #41, classic.
    Such a shame to hear this kinda thing from a bunch of people. Sounds like Loge was definitely where a lot of this was going on. But then again, that dancing old guy in the Loge on the far right with the long gray hair was awesome -- you can't deny that. Down in the Orchestra level, there were certainly a few people who weren't as into it as they coulda been, but you really can't avoid that.

In general, the crowd rocked down on the floor though. Aside from a few people here or there who kinda sucked, it was mostly really rockin and everyone was groovin. I'm watching the Hulu vid now and I am very surprised to see the boom camera shaking so much. I can only imagine that the upper balcony was really jammin. The energy down on the floor was crazy though, and it seems like the TV cameras just weren't able to capture how nuts people were going down there.

Last edited by Cobraman332; 06-02-2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something
    Cobraman332 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #1989
    YouNeverKnow14

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Did anyone happen to get an extra poster and be willing to help out a true fan so he(me) doesnt have to spend an arm and a leg on ebay? I can only afford an arm right now, Jacksonville-->New York cost enough!

Thanks in advance!

Kurt
    YouNeverKnow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #1990
    Josh8555

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pecaneya View Post
    plus Carter threw a stick my way and some guy & his chick sitting down all night in front of me not really into at all just reached out and took out from me. i was very disappointed that people do these lame moves when they dont even really enjoy the shows.
    Quote:
    I see this WWWAAAAYYYY too much from DMB fans: sitting does not always mean the person isn't having a good time or doesn't deserve to be there. I have a lingering foot problem that doesn't allow me to stand in one place for long periods of time, and I end up sitting for a good portion of the shows. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the show just as much as the guy flaying his appendages around. Every single year at the Gorge I have to convince some guy that, no, I DON'T have to get up and dance, and that it IS possible to enjoy a DMB show whilst not doing so. I've been to around 25 DMB shows, if I wasn't enjoying myself I wouldn't be there.
    Josh8555 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #1991
    dotpsd

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Josh8555 View Post
    I see this WWWAAAAYYYY too much from DMB fans: sitting does not always mean the person isn't having a good time or doesn't deserve to be there. I have a lingering foot problem that doesn't allow me to stand in one place for long periods of time, and I end up sitting for a good portion of the shows. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the show just as much as the guy flaying his appendages around. Every single year at the Gorge I have to convince some guy that, no, I DON'T have to get up and dance, and that it IS possible to enjoy a DMB show whilst not doing so. I've been to around 25 DMB shows, if I wasn't enjoying myself I wouldn't be there.
    Well said my friend. I enjoy dancing but we have to realize that everybody is different, some people don't like to dance and some people (like in your situation) can't stand for too long. It's even different between my brother and I, I dance the whole show he just stands there, I can never tell if he's enjoying himself until after the show haha
    Old 06-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #1992
    KaTTyQoS8

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    the upper balcony was bananas! awesome show, i can't wait to watch it on TV to see the lame host and the biotch with the dog that everyone's talking about (and of course the show again too)

as far as the halloween chant... I remember reading a LONG time ago that Dave hates chants and wont play something the crowd keeps asking for. Not sure if that's still true, but I was hesitant to get in on that chant last night.
    Old 06-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #1993
    Mgkibbles

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Can somebody tell me after what song Dave told people to thank the person sitting next to them on the bus the next day because I can't remember and I want to show my buddy that clip because I was diein laughin.
    Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #1994
    BarrieDavefan

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

any way to watch it other than fuse?????? they won't let canadians watch..hmmmm.
    BarrieDavefan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #1995
    nancie#41

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Can somebody tell me after what song Dave told people to thank the person sitting next to them on the bus the next day because I can't remember and I want to show my buddy that clip because I was diein laughin.

Right after the crazy what a minute can do outro and before Squirm

Last edited by nancie#41; 06-02-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    nancie#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-03-2009, 04:57 AM   #1996
    Trendall

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Is there any cover art around for this show?
    Trendall is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #1997
    dmnadeau

Shows Seen: 64

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendall View Post
    Is there any cover art around for this show?
    I have found this site to be pretty decent. I've been using the tour posters for my cover art this year.

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/u...reamingtree27/

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv..
    dmnadeau is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #1998
    whiteysax
    washOUTthisTIREDnotion

Shows Seen: 52

My Tour Central Stats

Is there a video download of the show anywhere?
    Old 06-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #1999
    MsEmilyNYC
    Dreaming Tree Hugger

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whiteysax View Post
    Is there a video download of the show anywhere?
    Not so far as I can tell, but if you find me one, let me know!
    MsEmilyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #2000
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'

My Tour Central Stats

Has anyone uploaded or found pics from the show? I was there, and it was an incredible experience, just hoping someone got some decent shots. My camera and phone weren't that great.
    dmbredsox36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #2001
    St. Theresa
    Lives on Grey St.

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I watched last night online. Wow. I can't believe that crowd was only 2500 big. It sounded just as loud as Fenway - if not louder. I know it's indoors vs. outdoors, but still.

And I can't believe people managed to get tix the day of the show! Almost makes me wish I'd gone down to NYC (I have family I coulda crashed with.)

Then again, I kinda liked watching from the comfort of my chair - pausing when I needed to pee or refill my coffee. No driving, no leaking money, no wearing beer.

Either way, that was an incredible performance. I love how they mixed up the jams in #41 and Two Step - they were both different than the Fenway show just two nights before. I also love the rearrangement of Ants. It was starting to change last year, and now it's even more so. One beat...two beats...three beats...four beats.

Thank goodness for technology. 20 years ago, if you missed it, you missed it, unless you could get a crappy-sounding cassette from somebody.

DMB is stronger and better than ever. If there's an afterlife, I sure hope Roi is smiling.
    Old 06-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #2002
    akethematador

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone capture the fuse video? Anyone know if someone has and it's a torrent?

If you have the Fuse broadcast saved on your DVR/TiVo...then it's rather easy to get it off of there and into a file.

Cheers.
    Old 06-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #2003
    Benny003

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by akethematador View Post
    Anyone capture the fuse video? Anyone know if someone has and it's a torrent?

If you have the Fuse broadcast saved on your DVR/TiVo...then it's rather easy to get it off of there and into a file.

Cheers.
    I'm sure I could look it up, but how do you do that. I do have it recorded on my DVR. I would only use it for myself though since we only set it up to record the allotted time (2.5 hours) and therefore we missed the last 30 minutes.
    Benny003 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #2004
    tankdan

Shows Seen: 43

My Tour Central Stats

7:40 plane lands at Kennedy
    8:00 plane arrives at gate, Dan runs to AirTrain
    8:05 catch AirTrain to subway
    8:20 catch first subway into Manhattan
    8:50 switch lines
    8:55 get off at Central Park, RUN three avenues west (phew)
    9:00 get to show just as first song starts

Wild time, great seats even in Orch Left.

However, I have to say it.... After going to both Fenway shows, I feel I could have skipped this show and saved myself a WHOLE bunch of money shlepping down there and back. Sure, great show, great location, yadda yadda, but that was my 30th show and I never get enough of my truly favorite songs (DIDO, Hello Again, Warehouse, Typical, and others).

Dan
    tankdan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #2005
    jiggajm18
    Joe

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tankdan View Post
    7:40 plane lands at Kennedy
    8:00 plane arrives at gate, Dan runs to AirTrain
    8:05 catch AirTrain to subway
    8:20 catch first subway into Manhattan
    8:50 switch lines
    8:55 get off at Central Park, RUN three avenues west (phew)
    9:00 get to show just as first song starts

Wild time, great seats even in Orch Left.

However, I have to say it.... After going to both Fenway shows, I feel I could have skipped this show and saved myself a WHOLE bunch of money shlepping down there and back. Sure, great show, great location, yadda yadda, but that was my 30th show and I never get enough of my truly favorite songs (DIDO, Hello Again, Warehouse, Typical, and others).

Dan
    honestly, though, what kind of show were you expecting?
    jiggajm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #2006
    cotton#36
    O||||O

Shows Seen: 72

My Tour Central Stats

has anyone ripped this audio any good torrents??
    cotton#36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #2007
    Cobraman332
    mdh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cotton#36 View Post
    has anyone ripped this audio any good torrents??
    Great question. I am looking to download this show. I know there was at least 1 taper in the audience since someone was a few rows in front of me with recording mics (orchestra right, a couple of rows from stage).

Unfortunately though, I can't download torrents on my work computer... does anyone have these tracks available as MP3s hosted somewhere?? Please PM me...
    Old 06-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #2008
    Cobraman332
    mdh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cobraman332 View Post
    Great question. I am looking to download this show. I know there was at least 1 taper in the audience since someone was a few rows in front of me with recording mics (orchestra right, a couple of rows from stage).

Unfortunately though, I can't download torrents on my work computer... does anyone have these tracks available as MP3s hosted somewhere?? Please PM me...
    Nevvvvvermind.

While I'm here though, I figure it's worth a shot... anyone have an extra poster from this show that they are willing to sell?

<crickets>

<crickets>

Seriously. Please PM me if you would consider working out a deal of some kind. They were impossible to get the night of the show...
    Old 11-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #2009
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

My Tour Central Stats

Did anyone grab an extra Big Whiskey Release t shirt? I couldn't get one at the show..
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #2010
    TBolts712

Shows Seen: 79

My Tour Central Stats

I loved the Beacon!
    TBolts712 is offline   Reply With Quote