2021 Tour Rumors/Status - Page 34 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 04-08-2021, 01:01 PM   #991
podiumboy
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,126

Shows Seen: 17

Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

I just want to point out that a month ago when I said this tour would get pushed back to 2022, people ran me out of here with pitchforks and torches. Now everyone thinks it’s for the best.

Also, I said variants and rising cases were going to be a problem, and you people told me I was “irresponsibly pessimistic. We have a vaccine.”
podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-08-2021, 01:01 PM   #992
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 45,725

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Yeah, logistically it's got to be easier to push the whole summer tour to 2022 and start new with Fall or Spring dates as a separate thing. This also gives them the flexibility to hold onto the money they have from the 2020/21 tour.
    TM also doesnt have the cash on hand to feed out all of those refunds across the industry. Shows will always just be bumped to new dates rather than outright cancelled.
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:06 PM   #993
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 84,828

    Shows Seen: 108

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    I just want to point out that a month ago when I said this tour would get pushed back to 2022, people ran me out of here with pitchforks and torches. Now everyone thinks it’s for the best.

    Also, I said variants and rising cases were going to be a problem, and you people told me I was “irresponsibly pessimistic. We have a vaccine.”

    You got pushed back on because you went full doomsday spouting that we'd never have live music again and that we'd be wearing masks forever. Several of us were predicting that the whole tour would be pushed to next year.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    ExistenceNow is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #994
    podiumboy
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Ohio
    Posts: 1,126

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    You got pushed back on because you went full doomsday spouting that we'd never have live music again and that we'd be wearing masks forever. Several of us were predicting that the whole tour would be pushed to next year.
    Lol I admit I went a little dark there for awhile... sorry about that!

    Although to be honest, we don’t know if I was wrong yet. 😁

    Kidding of course. But I do believe the light at the end of the tunnel is a lot further away than we think. Too many unknowns with variants and vaccine efficacy.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:12 PM   #995
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Posts: 29,386

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    TM also doesnt have the cash on hand to feed out all of those refunds across the industry. Shows will always just be bumped to new dates rather than outright cancelled.
    Yup. There is no way they could pay all that out. Im fine letting my DMB money sit for another year. I haven't missed it and don't need it. Plus I have guaranteed tickets to the Alpharetta show whenever it happens and like $300 sitting in credit to cover the costs of whatever other shows I add at, what I'm sure will be, higher prices than they were in 20
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:21 PM   #996
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 45,725

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Yup. There is no way they could pay all that out. Im fine letting my DMB money sit for another year. I haven't missed it and don't need it. Plus I have guaranteed tickets to the Alpharetta show whenever it happens and like $300 sitting in credit to cover the costs of whatever other shows I add at, what I'm sure will be, higher prices than they were in 20
    Yea ill let anything I have roll over for sure. Demand will be higher and possibly even prices. Nice to not have to think twice or stress about ticket buying next yr.
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:39 PM   #997
    DMB24Illini
     
    DMB24Illini's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Chicago
    Posts: 2,898

    Shows Seen: 231

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cincy_ View Post
    Long term fears are not just local and US, variants developing in third world countries where it has mutated and our vaccines become useless against newer strains. This is not an end this year or next but more like how can they stay on top of these to protect us from the one mutation tat potentially could happen where there is no safety net developed yet. Look at how fast it left China and got around the world.

    Long term those who dont or wont get the vaccine do risk the chance to themselves and to those who have had it that a new mutation happens. I am hearing my local venue that i work at in the summer is hopefully going to get a show or two, but odds are and several have already canceled it is another lost year.
    Precisely. What's going on in Brazil is particularly troubling. They went from ~1000 deaths a week....to 3K last week and now 4K this week. They don't have as many vaccinations happening. So while we could slow down the spread here in the US, it doesn't really matter if other countries are so out of control that other, new, variants spread and keep this going on indefinitely.
    __________________
    I - L - L

    231 shows, 24 states, 10 countries :)
    DMB24Illini is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #998
    DMB24Illini
     
    DMB24Illini's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Chicago
    Posts: 2,898

    Shows Seen: 231

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Yea ill let anything I have roll over for sure. Demand will be higher and possibly even prices. Nice to not have to think twice or stress about ticket buying next yr.

    I saw someone post on Facebook the other day that they had $600 wrapped up in DMB tickets and if the tour was postponed, they'd want their money back.

    I thought "$600? That's cute." My tab is probably closer to $5-6K haha. Keep it. Sunk cost at this point. Just let me carry those tickets over to whenever a tour happens again.

    I always wish I could just send the Warehouse a blank check and just tell them to fill it in at the end of the tour for whatever I owe them (based on whatever tickets I end up using after all the ticket nonsense that goes on).
    __________________
    I - L - L

    231 shows, 24 states, 10 countries :)
    DMB24Illini is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 01:45 PM   #999
    matt630
     
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Posts: 535

    Shows Seen: 89

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    I gotta quit clicking here.
    __________________
    2020 Tour Stops
    Vegas
    2021 - Camden x2, SPAC x2, Gilfordx2, Cuse, Gorge x3, Woodlands
    My Tour Stats
    matt630 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 02:06 PM   #1000
    RiotAct
    v Ruined Grey Street v
     
    RiotAct's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Location: Buffalo
    Posts: 32,321

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB24Illini View Post
    I saw someone post on Facebook the other day that they had $600 wrapped up in DMB tickets and if the tour was postponed, they'd want their money back.

    I thought "$600? That's cute." My tab is probably closer to $5-6K haha. Keep it. Sunk cost at this point. Just let me carry those tickets over to whenever a tour happens again.
    Seriously?

    Actually, I guess even Gorge weekend can eat up $1k -$2k easily even if you do it semi-frugally.
    __________________
    A curse on Conan O'Brien for ruining Grey Street forever!!!

    12.18.2002 - R.I.P. Grey St third verse
    07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #1001
    somuchtoplay
     
    somuchtoplay's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: Stow, OH
    Posts: 637

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Rage Against the Machine just postponed to 2022. I'm cool with it, as long as it's still on--they are one of the few bands i never got to see that i still want to see.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 02:09 PM   #1002
    podiumboy
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Ohio
    Posts: 1,126

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Serious question. What do you guys think has to happen in order for these shows to go ahead in 2022? Aka the new 2021?
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 02:10 PM   #1003
    RiotAct
    v Ruined Grey Street v
     
    RiotAct's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Location: Buffalo
    Posts: 32,321

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    Serious question. What do you guys think has to happen in order for these shows to go ahead in 2022? Aka the new 2021?
    The "magic number" is hit.
    __________________
    A curse on Conan O'Brien for ruining Grey Street forever!!!

    12.18.2002 - R.I.P. Grey St third verse
    07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 02:15 PM   #1004
    scallops25
    Moneyii Nicknamibus
     
    scallops25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Emyn Tawar, NY
    Posts: 356

    Shows Seen: 171

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    These are the scenarios I see being possible, in order of likelihood (translation: logistically simplest) and keeping in mind that the band is unlikely to play pod/distanced shows because there's no financial reason to.

    - Entire summer tour pushed to 2022, fall tour in arenas (and warm-weather outdoor venues where possible) in hopes that restrictions will be fully lifted everywhere by then.
    - Entire summer tour pushed to 2022, new summer dates (including Gorge) scheduled sporadically for August onward where restrictions have been lifted.
    - June, July, and Canada (Canada is months behind on its vaccine rollout) dates pushed to 2022, US September & October dates held as scheduled, supplemented by fall arena dates.
    scallops25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 02:27 PM   #1005
    CornbreadAllDay
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 8

    Shows Seen: 2

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    Serious question. What do you guys think has to happen in order for these shows to go ahead in 2022? Aka the new 2021?

    Please stop. this is the 2021 thread

    Last edited by CornbreadAllDay; 04-08-2021 at 02:29 PM.
    CornbreadAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 02:44 PM   #1006
    mquerques92
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Location: CT
    Posts: 470

    Shows Seen: 41

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CornbreadAllDay View Post
    Please stop. this is the 2021 thread
    2021 is DOOMED
    mquerques92 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 03:10 PM   #1007
    somuchtoplay
     
    somuchtoplay's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: Stow, OH
    Posts: 637

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    The way the news has been working lately, i think Labor Day is the Screw You, It's on date. The Arena in Cleveland has announced 3 post-Labor Day shows in the past 2 days for 2021. I have also had 2 pre-Labor Day shows postponed this week. I know there will be some shows before then, but surge or no surge, i think Labor day (Football Season, thanks NFL lobbyists!) is the proceed at your own risk date--Money is running out and bailouts cant go forever.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 03:20 PM   #1008
    podiumboy
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Ohio
    Posts: 1,126

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by somuchtoplay View Post
    The way the news has been working lately, i think Labor Day is the Screw You, It's on date. The Arena in Cleveland has announced 3 post-Labor Day shows in the past 2 days for 2021. I have also had 2 pre-Labor Day shows postponed this week. I know there will be some shows before then, but surge or no surge, i think Labor day (Football Season, thanks NFL lobbyists!) is the proceed at your own risk date--Money is running out and bailouts cant go forever.
    I like this answer. A realistic and balanced response.

    I am cautiously optimistic about shows in the fall. Maybe DMB will even add a fall/early winter tour. I hope so.

    Things are all over the place. Eric Church just announced a massive arena tour beginning in September. Meanwhile, Roger Waters just postponed his equally massive arena tour to July-October 2022. It's giving me Vertigo!!
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 03:42 PM   #1009
    RiotAct
    v Ruined Grey Street v
     
    RiotAct's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Location: Buffalo
    Posts: 32,321

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    I like this answer. A realistic and balanced response.

    I am cautiously optimistic about shows in the fall. Maybe DMB will even add a fall/early winter tour. I hope so.

    Things are all over the place. Eric Church just announced a massive arena tour beginning in September. Meanwhile, Roger Waters just postponed his equally massive arena tour to July-October 2022. It's giving me Vertigo!!
    paying heed to the local capacity restrictions though, obviously. Tickets go on sale in a few weeks, I foresee a lot of refunds coming in the more.... erm, restrictive states to keep with the social distancing guidelines.
    __________________
    A curse on Conan O'Brien for ruining Grey Street forever!!!

    12.18.2002 - R.I.P. Grey St third verse
    07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #1010
    somuchtoplay
     
    somuchtoplay's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: Stow, OH
    Posts: 637

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    paying heed to the local capacity restrictions though, obviously. Tickets go on sale in a few weeks, I foresee a lot of refunds coming in the more.... erm, restrictive states to keep with the social distancing guidelines.

    Currently Cleveland has a 25% capacity restriction--my guess is that number most likely goes up before the on sale date or they release more tickets as the restrictions are listed. I'd bet that by the show date there is little to no restrictions in Ohio--starting in June, our republican legislature can override the governor and i am betting they do, as they overrode his veto of taking this power from him to begin with.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #1011
    WhereYouGoin
     
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Posts: 672

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    I like this answer. A realistic and balanced response.

    I am cautiously optimistic about shows in the fall. Maybe DMB will even add a fall/early winter tour. I hope so.

    Things are all over the place. Eric Church just announced a massive arena tour beginning in September. Meanwhile, Roger Waters just postponed his equally massive arena tour to July-October 2022. It's giving me Vertigo!!
    Are we sure there’s a new DMB album on the way. I’ve noticed they only do fall dates when they have a new album.
    WhereYouGoin is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 04:00 PM   #1012
    WhereYouGoin
     
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Posts: 672

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    I’m so impatient because Jonas brothers aren’t on the schedule for anything. I really want to see them again - it’s been a long time (only once ever have I seen them)
    WhereYouGoin is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 04:07 PM   #1013
    podiumboy
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Ohio
    Posts: 1,126

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin View Post
    Are we sure there’s a new DMB album on the way. I’ve noticed they only do fall dates when they have a new album.
    How the hell have I never noticed that before? You're right!

    Somebody else on here said they won't release a new album until they can bundle it with ticket sales, thus more album sales = #1 album. It's a clever method a lot of old timers have found to get their new music out there.

    So if this tour gets pushed to 2022, does that mean the new album won't come until 2023, to tie it in with the next time DMB are likely to sell a large number of concert tickets?
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 04:17 PM   #1014
    mquerques92
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Location: CT
    Posts: 470

    Shows Seen: 41

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    How the hell have I never noticed that before? You're right!

    Somebody else on here said they won't release a new album until they can bundle it with ticket sales, thus more album sales = #1 album. It's a clever method a lot of old timers have found to get their new music out there.

    So if this tour gets pushed to 2022, does that mean the new album won't come until 2023, to tie it in with the next time DMB are likely to sell a large number of concert tickets?
    Free albums bundled with tickets no longer count towards album sales
    mquerques92 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 04:23 PM   #1015
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!
     
    Foreverford05's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: WV
    Posts: 14,030

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    paying heed to the local capacity restrictions though, obviously. Tickets go on sale in a few weeks, I foresee a lot of refunds coming in the more.... erm, restrictive states to keep with the social distancing guidelines.
    I'm buying DC tickets the second they go on sale, refund be damned!

    will probably get postponed
    __________________
    Dallas Cowboys
    Baltimore O's
    UVA Athletics
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 04:58 PM   #1016
    podiumboy
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Ohio
    Posts: 1,126

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mquerques92 View Post
    Free albums bundled with tickets no longer count towards album sales
    Oh I see. Makes sense, I always thought that was kind of cheating anyway.

    It'd be nice if DMB could pull off a fall/winter tour later this year. They could release their new album before those shows. If shows can happen in the fall, I feel like they might want to get some new revenue coming in.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 05:46 PM   #1017
    Route_2
    Blue-Anony
     
    Route_2's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: Seattle
    Posts: 21,549

    Shows Seen: 64
    Send a message via MSN to Route_2

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin View Post
    I’m so impatient because Jonas brothers aren’t on the schedule for anything. I really want to see them again - it’s been a long time (only once ever have I seen them)
    Neither are the Hanson brothers. It's a bummer.
    __________________
    DMB Full Show Video Link List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Route_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 06:03 PM   #1018
    TypicalBilly14
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 3,168

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Neither are the Hanson brothers. It's a bummer.
    What about the Chemical Brothers?
    TypicalBilly14 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 06:25 PM   #1019
    42km
    Drive In : Dive Out
     
    42km's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Toronto Canada
    Posts: 1,843

    Shows Seen: 117

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    Oh I see. Makes sense, I always thought that was kind of cheating anyway.

    It'd be nice if DMB could pull off a fall/winter tour later this year. They could release their new album before those shows. If shows can happen in the fall, I feel like they might want to get some new revenue coming in.
    No doubt the band would love to get a tour going soon, with ticket sales tied to a copy of the new album (apparently in the can and ready to go) in an effort to extend their record to make it 8 straight!!
    __________________
    "What I want is what I've not got. But what I need is all around me."

    2022: TBD
    42km is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-08-2021, 06:45 PM   #1020
    TypicalBilly14
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 3,168

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

    Newport Folk Festival is a go.

    Thursday, April 8, 2021, 4:30 p.m. ET

    The past two days have seen a flurry of activity in the music world as different states, artists, and festivals move in seemingly different directions. On Tuesday, California Governor Gavin Newsome announced that he was eyeing June 15th for a statewide reopening, a move that would include music venues.

    “With more than 20 million vaccines administered across the state, it is time to turn the page on our tier system and begin looking to fully reopen California’s economy,” Gov. Newsom said via press release. “We can now begin planning for our lives post-pandemic.”

    On the other side of the country, the Newport Festivals Foundation announced 2021 dates for both Newport Folk and Newport Jazz festivals. Newport Folk is set to return to Fort Adams State Park in Newport, RI July 23rd–28th while its jazz counterpart will take place July 30th–August 1st. As Newport Folk prepares for a reduced capacity this year, organizers have chosen to pivot the celebration to “two unique 3-day events of surprise performances, storytelling, and workshops.” Additionally, tickets for this year’s NFF will be sold in phases rather than all at once.

    The past two days have also seen a fair share of developments on the touring side of live music. This week saw both Roger Water and Rage Against The Machine postpone their stadium tours until 2022. Meanwhile, Italian singer Andrea Bocelli, one of the highest-grossing entertainers in the world, announced on Thursday that he will hit the road for a North American tour beginning in October and running through December. The 21-city tour will take the singer across the United States and see him playing indoor arenas including Madison Square Garden, Allstate Arena in Illinois, American Airlines Center in Texas, and many more.

    https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/co...tion-tracking/
    TypicalBilly14 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram