*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 2315 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #69421
Lcsulla
Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post
President Donald Trump has directed the Pentagon to prepare a grand military parade in Washington DC.

what is wrong with this fuck?
I have no problem with infantry marching down DC. Pencil pushers aside these men and women work far harder than any member of the government could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
In other news, it seems like the liberal media doesn't care about holding the RNC's feet to the fire regarding Steve Wynn's donations. Double standard?
I genuinely think this is solely because he has no name recognition, I had not even heard of the guy until about a week ago.

Quote:
It will cost millions. It takes away from training. Can the roads in DC handle the heavy artillery rolling through? What's the point?

There are 4 reasons.
Mattis is not dumb, you will likely not see any tracked vehicles rolling through DC, it would ruin the roads.

Not sure what the price tag would be but since these troops are already employed the cost will be largely in security.

A few hours off will not really effect training at all and I doubt any elite units will be sending their shooters, just the pencil pushers and shavetails.

I think the trooops who are home on leave deserve some recognition for their service to our nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
It's like people in the military are free to express themselves or something
Yeah, they cannot complain because if they do they are in violation of article 88 of the UCMJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
I've never understood the appeal of a parade.
Nor I, I have been to 3 in my life. My parents brought me to a 4th of July parade when I was about ten in my hometown. When I was 18 I went to the Yankees Championship parade in NYC and swore I would never go again and then when I turned 31 I went to a St. Patrick's Day Parade in NYC and was disgusted with all the drunken fools who could not handle their liquor. So yeah, it has been nearly 19 years since I last attended a parade and I doubt I will ever do so again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
It's the only way to get a vote before the deadline in March. It seems unlikely at this point that Trump would extend the deadline.

And after March 5th, you'd basically have ICE deporting Dreamers - and they're easy to find since they know where they are because they registered when they signed up. That's why there's urgency.

DACA has large bipartisan support in the Senate and in the American public, the Dems have been onboard with bipartisan legislation that included border security funding and limits to chain migrations; and the WH or alt-right hardliners have balked and tanked multiple deals. There's no reason it isn't getting passed outside of Trump being pushed by hardliners to tank it. They don't want DACA, and they want mass deportations, unless they get a full $30B for a border wall.
I do not care about a wall, it is a waste of money. As for the dreamers, not sure why this is a pet issue of the dems to be honest, they are putting their duty to actual citizens behind that of those who entered the nation illegally. Dems need to compromise better on this, if they want a DACA extension they need to stop chain migration, get rid of the anchor baby sham, limit legal immigration, get rid of quotas for each country and stop with this constant push for amnesty time and time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
So if DACA Is so crucial why not trade it for the wall? Principles/politics aside.
To hell with the wall, see above.

Quote:
It's not just the wall anymore. Hardliners want to also reduce immigration by 50% in exchange for DACA.

It's also not good negotiating tactics to trade something that most americans want (DACA) for something most americans don't want (wall and tough immigration laws)
I think you are overestimating support for DACA by the citizens, the politicians keep saying we need it but in reality DACA is is a back burner issue because we have far more pressing matters to attend to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
Yeah. Although it took me a few hours to commit to the $247 a pair.
Good thing you will likely get a tax break or bonus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
Both groups fall for all kinds of ridiculous stuff.
Yup, they do. The constant amnesties are about as ridiculous as it gets and both sides seems to think it is some sort of imperative to grant citizenship to people who unlawfully entered our country.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #69422
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post
    You're trying to tell me registration could lead to confiscation?

Please keep your crazy conspiracy theories to yourself. No one is coming after your illegal aliens.
    Huh? Illegal aliens have been getting deported for decades, and to a degree, that's fine.

Again...I know you're like 20, but please grow up a little and get past the libs want 100% of illegals to stay here argument. We don't have to do this every single day...
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #69423
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post

Good thing you will likely get a tax break or bonus!

Lol I wish. I work for the federal government. We had to pay for our own holiday “lunch”
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #69424
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    Lol I wish. I work for the federal government. We had to pay for our own holiday “lunch”
    I do not care about the professional politicians in DC but that is fucked up if people like you cannot even get a free lunch here and there!
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #69425
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I do not care about the professional politicians in DC but that is fucked up if people like you cannot even get a free lunch here and there!
    That's not where I want my hard earned tax dollars going!
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #69426
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's not just the wall anymore. Hardliners want to also reduce immigration by 50% in exchange for DACA.

It's also not good negotiating tactics to trade something that most americans want (DACA) for something most americans don't want (wall and tough immigration laws)
    Quote:
    This, too.
    http://thehill.com/opinion/immigrati...order-security

Not hardliners. The majority.

To sum:
    Over 70% polled support DACA.
    54% support a physical or electronic barrier
    61% think current border security is inadequate
    68% oppose a lottery system for 50,000 immigrants
    79% support merit over chain
    53% support cutting the # of legal to 500,000 vs. the current 1mill

That number doesn't reflect "hardliners." That's a majority.

From the article:

So it is fair to say that Americans believe in compassion for those who are here — especially the “Dreamers” — but also want more merit-based immigration, an end to the lottery and a sensible electronic and physical barrier. In fact, when we asked Americans about a congressional deal like this one, 65 percent said this is a package of reforms that they would favor.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #69427
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    That's not where I want my hard earned tax dollars going!
    Beats handing it out to illegals, crooks and mooches who don't want to work though!
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #69428
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I'm honestly shocked by those numbers. Thanks!
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #69429
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrignatious View Post
    This is such a silly point of view. When you're born, you're either an R or a D. There's no in between and you can't just switch because you "feel" like you're an R when you were born a D.
    I don't know if it's how your born but it does have a lot to do with parental influences. It's not like there aren't parents out there that lean right that have left leaning kids or vice versa.

It's more to the point, at least as it seems now, that if you're voting, you need to be a hard R or a hard D. There is no in between.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    The problem is people are too dumb and/or lazy to care about subtlety. It's the same reason why all politicians, no matter how much I hate or like them, can't speak above a 5th or 6th grade level. Obama was a great orator but regarding vocabulary, he still had to speak like he was talking to middle schoolers.
    But again, this is the point. With two parties, there isn't a lot of room for subtlety. Now, if we had ten parties across the board, people may be able to identify better with that group than just having two options. For example, I always say that I lean right. Reason being is because there are a couple of right leaning ideals that I agree with. That said, I'm not into guns, religion, could go either way on the marijuana debate, etc...

Currently there is no party that fits me as I see myself, so I have to choose one of two options but it doesn't mean I really love that option.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:28 PM   #69430
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I do not care about a wall, it is a waste of money.
    Agreed, and as I noted to Climb earlier, that's why you won't see a trade of DACA for a wall - because the GOP moderates don't want to waste $30B on a wall any more than us loony libs!

Quote:
    As for the dreamers, not sure why this is a pet issue of the dems to be honest, they are putting their duty to actual citizens behind that of those who entered the nation illegally.
    I think it's two-fold. First, they need the hispanic vote. Period. This helps

Second, these people were given a commitment from our government that they wouldn't be thrown away just because of the crime of their parents while they were children. Business were also made a promise from our government that they wouldn't have ICE agents busting in to deport these employees or be fined for hiring undocumented citizens (who registered to become DACA eligable). The government should be upholding their promise. If the GOP felt Obama's EO was unconstitutional, they should have taken it to the courts and let the justice system process it. If Trump wanted to EO it away and have it done legislatively, he should have made damn sure the GOP was able to govern and pass a fix.

Quote:
    Dems need to compromise better on this, if they want a DACA extension they need to stop chain migration, get rid of the anchor baby sham, limit legal immigration, get rid of quotas for each country and stop with this constant push for amnesty time and time again.
    I replied to this line last night, but the idea the Dems haven't been open to compromise is simply untrue. The Graham-Durbin bipartisan bill restored DACA while providing funding for border security (not a wall) and put limits on chain migration. The White House (with the help of Stephen Miller, plus Sens Perdue and Cotton) tanked this bipartisan compromise.

The Dems have reached out, along with moderate Republicans and been slapped away by the White House multiple times. Similarly, the McCain/Coons bill suffered a similar fate. The Dems seem open to compromise, Trump doesn't seem open. Which was made clear when he said yesterday he wants a shutdown if there is no wall.

On the bold, this is just a bad idea. Our economy needs a boost in population growth and birth rates just aren't there. It's a bad idea to reduce legal immigration when we have high-skill jobs unfilled because we don't have enough qualified Americans to take them, or otherwise already employed in an economy at Full Employment. It just doesn't make sense at this juncture to limit legal immigration. We need more skilled legal immigrants, frankly.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:29 PM   #69431
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm honestly shocked by those numbers. Thanks!
    Again, to keep things in context, both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama have said things very similar to Trump during their campaigns and still won, so it's obviously a theme that seems to get traction on both sides.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:34 PM   #69432
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    http://thehill.com/opinion/immigrati...order-security

Not hardliners. The majority.

To sum:
    Over 70% polled support DACA.
    54% support a physical or electronic barrier
    61% think current border security is inadequate
    68% oppose a lottery system for 50,000 immigrants
    79% support merit over chain
    53% support cutting the # of legal to 500,000 vs. the current 1mill

That number doesn't reflect "hardliners." That's a majority.

From the article:

So it is fair to say that Americans believe in compassion for those who are here — especially the “Dreamers” — but also want more merit-based immigration, an end to the lottery and a sensible electronic and physical barrier. In fact, when we asked Americans about a congressional deal like this one, 65 percent said this is a package of reforms that they would favor.
    Look at the actual poll though, it doesn't note the current level, and has them pick from 7 options: http://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-cont...oters_XTab.pdf

Page 68 has the results in question. No mention of "cutting" down to any number. Just "In your opinion, about how many legal immigrants should be admitted to the U.S. each year?"

Options range from "1 to less than 250,00" to "2.5M or more"

You may be right, but the poll doesn't directly indicate the takeaway that you're implying about "cutting the # of legal immigrants".

If anything, I'm sure it speaks more to Americans not knowing how many legal immigrants come in per year, and the options "feeling" like the right option to select.

Last edited by BTBaboon; 02-07-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #69433
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Again, to keep things in context, both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama have said things very similar to Trump during their campaigns and still won, so it's obviously a theme that seems to get traction on both sides.
    Yeah, I remember that time when Obama said Mexico was sending only rapists and murderers! Great speech!

What will Milos 2020 comment on the subject?

Old 02-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #69434
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

I know that other people have said that they don't really care about affairs when people are in office but I kind of do. I guess it's hard to care too much because if we cut everyone from government that had an affair while in office, there'd be no more politicians. Anyway, I especially say fuck this cunt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Barry

She's out having an affair while her son ODs and her husband is mourning the loss? If that were a male, worse yet, a male republican he'd have been shamed into resigning by now.

Not to mention, that I don't believe for a second that they weren't taking advantage of taxpayer dollars.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #69435
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, I remember that time when Obama said Mexico was sending only rapists and murderers! Great speech!

What will Milos 2020 comment on the subject?
    In terms of Obama, it would have been a better speech had he included that!

In terms of Milos, the same that all three have said...We need to deport illegals and protect our borders. Milos probably wouldn't have called all of them murderers and rapists tho. Just that MS-13 were bad hombres.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #69436
    vaxarado

Shows Seen: 49

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I know that other people have said that they don't really care about affairs when people are in office but I kind of do. I guess it's hard to care too much because if we cut everyone from government that had an affair while in office, there'd be no more politicians. Anyway, I especially say fuck this cunt.

She's out having an affair while her son ODs and her husband is mourning the loss? If that were a male, worse yet, a male republican he'd have been shamed into resigning by now.

Not to mention, that I don't believe for a second that they weren't taking advantage of taxpayer dollars.
    Just for the record, I've posted about this situation calling her out multiple times.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #69437
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think it's two-fold. First, they need the hispanic vote. Period. This helps

See, this just makes no sense to me and I cannot see how it would make sense to legal immigrants. If I was a latino who went through the proper immigration channels I would be annoyed as hell that I wasted my time doing it the right when the wrong way is far easier and usually forgiven by the government for whatever reason.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:44 PM   #69438
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vaxarado View Post
    Just for the record, I've posted about this situation calling her out multiple times.
    I have not seen your posts but good for you.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:44 PM   #69439
    mandy18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The bolded is completely not fair and kind of uncalled for.
    Yes, she was having an affair. No, that doesn't mean it was while her son died and the husband was mourning him.
    That's just bullshit to lay out there, imo.

That said, yes, I was one of the ones that said an affair doesn't rank high on importance to me. That also said, this situation is different since there is clearly a power difference / play there (even if she denies he was a subordinate at the time).
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #69440
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    See, this just makes no sense to me and I cannot see how it would make sense to legal immigrants. If I was a latino who went through the proper immigration channels I would be annoyed as hell that I wasted my time doing it the right when the wrong way is far easier and usually forgiven by the government for whatever reason.
    Would that be enough to overpower the stench of the other party incorrectly believing your brethren are all rapists and drug dealers?
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #69441
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Second, these people were given a commitment from our government that they wouldn't be thrown away just because of the crime of their parents while they were children. Business were also made a promise from our government that they wouldn't have ICE agents busting in to deport these employees or be fined for hiring undocumented citizens (who registered to become DACA eligable). The government should be upholding their promise. If the GOP felt Obama's EO was unconstitutional, they should have taken it to the courts and let the justice system process it. If Trump wanted to EO it away and have it done legislatively, he should have made damn sure the GOP was able to govern and pass a fix.

I replied to this line last night, but the idea the Dems haven't been open to compromise is simply untrue. The Graham-Durbin bipartisan bill restored DACA while providing funding for border security (not a wall) and put limits on chain migration. The White House (with the help of Stephen Miller, plus Sens Perdue and Cotton) tanked this bipartisan compromise.

The Dems have reached out, along with moderate Republicans and been slapped away by the White House multiple times. Similarly, the McCain/Coons bill suffered a similar fate. The Dems seem open to compromise, Trump doesn't seem open. Which was made clear when he said yesterday he wants a shutdown if there is no wall.

On the bold, this is just a bad idea. Our economy needs a boost in population growth and birth rates just aren't there. It's a bad idea to reduce legal immigration when we have high-skill jobs unfilled because we don't have enough qualified Americans to take them, or otherwise already employed in an economy at Full Employment. It just doesn't make sense at this juncture to limit legal immigration. We need more skilled legal immigrants, frankly.
    To the first, it should have been done through the legislature to begin with. EOing something like that undercuts the legislative branch.

graham, durbin and mccain- talk about dumb, dumber and dumbest. None of those dopes belong in DC anymore, they are useless and never have the best interests of the US in mind.

To the last, this is not entirely true - we do not need population growth and there are plenty of citizens that have advanced degrees that cannot find a job because it is cheaper for an employer to hire either a recent college grad or some immigrant that they can pay far less.

Lastly, I know someone will likely bring up that old canard that 'illegal's do jobs that citizens will not do' - that is a complete crock because the truth is that citizens will do those jobs - just not for 20 bucks a day like an illegal will.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #69442
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes, she was having an affair. No, that doesn't mean it was while her son died and the husband was mourning him.

That said, yes, I was one of the ones that said an affair doesn't rank high on importance to me. That also said, this situation is different since there is clearly a power difference / play there (even if she denies he was a subordinate at the time).
    What? He OD'd in July... she's been having this affair for the past two years. What are you talking about??
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #69443
    mandy18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Look at the actual poll though, it doesn't note the current level, and has them pick from 7 options: http://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-cont...oters_XTab.pdf

Page 68 has the results in question. No mention of "cutting" down to any number. Just "In your opinion, about how many legal immigrants should be admitted to the U.S. each year?"

Options range from "1 to less than 250,00" to "2.5M or more"

You may be right, but the poll doesn't directly indicate the takeaway that you're implying about "cutting the # of legal immigrants".

If anything, I'm sure it speaks more to Americans not knowing how many legal immigrants come in per year, and the options "feeling" like the right option to select.
    Fair point, though either one of us could argue that and technically be right because we don't know what they were thinking (i.e. if they know the current #s, etc.). I've said it on more than one occasion in this thread: if you look long enough, you'll find a statistic that backs any theory / argument.

So, there's this:

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/23/58003...o-and-dont-say

3. Americans are divided on legal immigration levels, but are more in favor of decreasing than increasing them.

For decades, Gallup has asked Americans if they think the level of legal immigration should be "kept at its present level, increased, or decreased." In recent years, Americans have been closely split between holding steady (38 percent as of June 2017) and decreasing (35 percent). The remainder, around 1 in 4, want to increase legal immigration.

The Politico/Morning Consult poll asked it a different way, asking how they'd feel about halving the number of legal immigrants over the next 10 years. It didn't offer the option for holding it steady, just varying degrees of support or oppose. Nearly half, 48 percent, strongly or somewhat supported cutting legal immigration in this way; 39 percent opposed it (the rest didn't know or had no opinion).

Once again, there's no majority here, but more people wanted to cut legal immigration than grow it.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #69444
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If I were a latino who did it the right way I'd be pissed that white people just had to literally show up on a boat for 200 years and got admitted but now that my people are coming in it's a big damn long line. I'd vote for the party that allowed more of my people into the country and made it easier for them to get in.

That's just me though. I could see how some would think your way and I'm sure latinos are on both sides.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:53 PM   #69445
    mandy18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    What? He OD'd in July... she's been having this affair for the past two years. What are you talking about??
    Because he said it as if she's literally out there sleeping with the guy while her son is literally dying and the husband is weeping over his dead body as if she fucking also wasn't in mourning.

Yes, her affair may have been going on for 2 years but that doesn't mean she also didn't mourn for her son and / or could have done anything to prevent his death, which is what Roger is basically implying.

Her son's death has absolutely no relevance to her having an affair.

Last edited by mandy18; 02-07-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #69446
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Why would that be BS? The timeline completely fits. She was having the affair before and after her son's death.

Quote:
    On July 30, 2017, the Mayor's office announced that the Barrys' only child, Max, had died of an apparent drug overdose in Denver, Colorado at 22 years old.
    Quote:
    On January 31, 2018, Barry admitted that she had a 2 year long extramarital affair with Nashville Police Sergeant Robert Forrest Jr., who was the top police officer in charge of her security detail, which included extended business trips with just the two of them.
    Her son died and she ended the affair a year later. I'm not sure how I'm being unfair and that it's BS. It would be the first think I'd be thinking if I were the husband. And, I would absolutely say the same thing about a man in the same situation.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #69447
    mandy18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Why would that be BS? The timeline completely fits. She was having the affair before and after her son's death.

Her son died and she ended the affair a year later. I'm not sure how I'm being unfair and that it's BS. It would be the first think I'd be thinking if I were the husband. And, I would absolutely say the same thing about a man in the same situation.
    Because it has absolutely nothing to do with her having an affair.
    Nothing.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #69448
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    To the first, it should have been done through the legislature to begin with. EOing something like that undercuts the legislative branch.

graham, durbin and mccain- talk about dumb, dumber and dumbest. None of those dopes belong in DC anymore, they are useless and never have the best interests of the US in mind.

To the last, this is not entirely true - we do not need population growth and there are plenty of citizens that have advanced degrees that cannot find a job because it is cheaper for an employer to hire either a recent college grad or some immigrant that they can pay far less.

Lastly, I know someone will likely bring up that old canard that 'illegal's do jobs that citizens will not do' - that is a complete crock because the truth is that citizens will do those jobs - just not for 20 bucks a day like an illegal will.
    What data are you looking at???

https://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/20...on-matters.htm

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t04.htm
    MDPrompter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #69449
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Would that be enough to overpower the stench of the other party incorrectly believing your brethren are all rapists and drug dealers?
    No idea. To be honest I am sort of clueless as to why minorities vote almost lockstep for the dems - the dems just take that for granted almost as if they believe minorities are incapable of making up their own minds and if I was a legal immigrant or minority I would be insulted.
    Old 02-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #69450
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Because he said it as if she's literally out there sleeping with the guy while her son is literally dying and the husband is weeping over his dead body as if she fucking also wasn't in mourning.

Yes, her affair may have been going on for 2 years but that doesn't mean she also didn't mourn for her son and / or could have done anything to prevent his death, which is what Roger is basically implying.

Her son's death has absolutely no relevance to her having an affair.
    I didn't take it that way - I think he's trying to say she's a pretty shitty human being.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote