DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g) - Page 24 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #691
camptravisr
Numbered Beats
 
camptravisr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,000

Shows Seen: 39

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
by that logic...

I have a 2002 honda accord with 175k miles on it for you for 30 grand....


Hey, clearly youve got the money.. not overpriced for you.

Don't sell that car, that thing will last as long as you want it to for a car payment of $0/month.
camptravisr is online now   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #692
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Posts: 29,854

    Shows Seen: 48

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    This is a bad take.

    I think it's a fair value, but I'm also biased in being a DMB/Vinyl whore.

    Objectively, the set is definitely pricey for what it is, and I wouldn't dare say to anyone turned off by the price that the reason they aren't buying it is "because they can't afford it"

    There's a difference between ability to pay, and willingness to pay. You're confusing the two
    Or he's just a dick
    __________________
    2021: Raleigh, Charlotte, Alpharetta
    dontdrink36 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #693
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 39,332

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camptravisr View Post
    Don't sell that car, that thing will last as long as you want it to for a car payment of $0/month.
    Had a 99 Honda Civic years back that I swear was immortal
    __________________
    Twitter l YouTube
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #694
    drop2d
     
    drop2d's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NH
    Posts: 28,264

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camptravisr View Post
    Don't sell that car, that thing will last as long as you want it to for a car payment of $0/month.
    Eeeeh... he's still making payments on it b/c he can afford it.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonzo48280 View Post
    I'd rather be wearing an American Flag T-shirt blasting Foreigner through a boombox in Pyongyang than ever set foot in St Louis ever again.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #695
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 46,585

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camptravisr View Post
    Don't sell that car, that thing will last as long as you want it to for a car payment of $0/month.
    dont actually have it. I do have an 08 subaru legacy that is trusty as hell for that same price.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Or he's just a dick
    yea, this is more accurate.
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #696
    dobyblue
     
    dobyblue's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Posts: 26,367

    Shows Seen: 62

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Did anyone else notice that the DMB 25 + t-shirt bundle comes in your cart at $195, whereas if you order the DMB 25 set and then add the t-shirt, it comes to $190 (WH members only, no WH discount applies on the bundle)

    __________________
    Questions about records, turntables and setup? Please post in the Vinyl thread rather than sending PMs:
    **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
    dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #697
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 39,332

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the DMB 25 + t-shirt bundle comes in your cart at $195, whereas if you order the DMB 25 set and then add the t-shirt, it comes to $190 (WH members only, no WH discount applies on the bundle)

    #Cap$haw'd
    __________________
    Twitter l YouTube
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #698
    BTBaboon
    Cats are the damn best
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 38,619

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Or he's just a dick
    Well, yeah; duh!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #699
    dobyblue
     
    dobyblue's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Posts: 26,367

    Shows Seen: 62

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Clicked both those links and the first think that pops up is rr95 the drop down doesn't have a LIVE 25 option either. The WH page does. Maybe it's my phone. Doesn't matter, I'm not getting the vinyl. Just thought it was odd I couldn't see it on the page.
    I think it's just the mobile site is missing it, desktop and it's on the main banner on top of the page.
    __________________
    Questions about records, turntables and setup? Please post in the Vinyl thread rather than sending PMs:
    **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
    dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #700
    Hilly
     
    Hilly's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Posts: 10,591

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    it kinda does.

    because it's only overpriced in relation to your bank account.
    I'm Hilly and even I think your argument is stupid and flawed.
    __________________
    DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE.
    Hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #701
    BTBaboon
    Cats are the damn best
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 38,619

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    I'm Hilly and even I think your argument is stupid and flawed.
    calling dibs for signature
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #702
    BTBaboon
    Cats are the damn best
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 38,619

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Thanks for that, Hilly
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #703
    ForkInFork
     
    ForkInFork's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: CT
    Posts: 2,250

    Shows Seen: 64

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    calling dibs for signature
    dammit already changed it before I saw this haha
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    I'm Hilly and even I think your argument is stupid and flawed.
    ForkInFork is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 04:04 PM   #704
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 46,585

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #705
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Posts: 29,854

    Shows Seen: 48

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    I'm Hilly and even I think your argument is stupid and flawed.
    awesome!
    __________________
    2021: Raleigh, Charlotte, Alpharetta
    dontdrink36 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 04:13 PM   #706
    Utopia
    Minutes and hours
     
    Utopia's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Atlanta (Dirty South)
    Posts: 4,372

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    That was great.
    __________________
    http://www.dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=896
    D&T - SPAC '17
    Utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 04:13 PM   #707
    dobyblue
     
    dobyblue's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Posts: 26,367

    Shows Seen: 62

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    I know I didn't post first, but I changed mine way before BT.
    __________________
    Questions about records, turntables and setup? Please post in the Vinyl thread rather than sending PMs:
    **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
    dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 04:14 PM   #708
    BTBaboon
    Cats are the damn best
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 38,619

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    I know I didn't post first, but I changed mine way before BT.
    We can all use it! We are all Hilly sigs today
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #709
    coldblueice
     
    coldblueice's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Posts: 1,469

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Well, yeah; duh!
    coldblueice is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #710
    bluewaterpig
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Posts: 225

    Shows Seen: 36

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Overall, I think this is a really cool release and if you're a hardcore fan, it's a no brainer. I'm very, very surprised it's only being released on vinyl but I have no problem with it. I hate to sound so negative, but I really don't think they'll release it on any other formats in the future...why wouldn't they just offer it on CD/download to begin with?
    bluewaterpig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #711
    DeuceStep
     
    DeuceStep's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2013
    Location: South Jersey
    Posts: 917

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Bought the vinyl a few days ago when it dropped. I wish The Dreaming Tree was on there because as a DMB fan, I must finding something to complain about

    But seriously, great compilation. Very excited for this and happy the band (Cap$haw) is celebrating the 25th.


    Also, getting in on the Hilly sig.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    I'm Hilly and even I think your argument is stupid and flawed.
    DeuceStep is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 04:40 PM   #712
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5
     
    KevinTH's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Posts: 8,313

    Shows Seen: 33

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Bit the bullet and bought this. Pricey, but being such a long time fan I felt like this was a must have. Looking forward to getting this in a few weeks. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but damn this would have been amazing with a comprehensive blu-ray documentary, along with a blu-ray featuring a collection of songs over the years. The song choices also seem a bit random, but either way this will be a great addition to the collection. It's going to be great to finally have that Bartender.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 04:50 PM   #713
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5
     
    KevinTH's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Posts: 8,313

    Shows Seen: 33

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB41GUY View Post
    Honestly, for a second, I thought this was the long discussed live, not live release that even Dave has mentioned before. All of the tracks that never seem to make albums, but have been recorded, being dropped in one big box set. That was a bit of a downer, but the set and track selection is awesome none the less.
    This is exactly what I thought too. I couldn't get that email open fast enough, only to be disappointed, but this is still a cool release. I'm not a tech person, so is there a way to rip the audio to digital from a record so I'd be able to listen in my car at some point?
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #714
    DEMITRI
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: CHICAGO
    Posts: 758

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Yeah can one of you dope record folk rip the audio and share it to us if we show proof of purchase? I have a shitty record player (currently working on getting one of those pro-ject players per chads suggestion and some nice klipsch speakers cuz I'm trying to get into the vinyl game) and I don't even want to play these on my current system. If someone does that that would be awesome.
    DEMITRI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 05:33 PM   #715
    thewitt85
     
    thewitt85's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Pitman, NJ
    Posts: 4,759

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Well done Hilly... it feels like you finally just took the first step at AA
    thewitt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #716
    swim09
     
    swim09's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: Starkvegas/ Jackson,MS
    Posts: 532

    Shows Seen: 14

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Bought it. Went back and forth a little, but Knew if didn't I'd be salivating over it on eBay for years to come knowing I could have paid face value for it.
    __________________
    4/20/09, 7/03/10, 7/04/10, 9/10/10, 9/11/10, 4/27/13, 5/23/14, 5/20/15, 6/3/15, 5/24/16, 5/28/16, 5/3/17, 5/29/18, 5/11/19
    swim09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 06:08 PM   #717
    andyt 563
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 21

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluewaterpig View Post
    Overall, I think this is a really cool release and if you're a hardcore fan, it's a no brainer. I'm very, very surprised it's only being released on vinyl but I have no problem with it. I hate to sound so negative, but I really don't think they'll release it on any other formats in the future...why wouldn't they just offer it on CD/download to begin with?
    So they can sell out on the vynil?
    andyt 563 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #718
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 85,415

    Shows Seen: 108

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DEMITRI View Post
    Yeah can one of you dope record folk rip the audio and share it to us if we show proof of purchase? I have a shitty record player (currently working on getting one of those pro-ject players per chads suggestion and some nice klipsch speakers cuz I'm trying to get into the vinyl game) and I don't even want to play these on my current system. If someone does that that would be awesome.

    Not allowed.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #719
    DEMITRI
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: CHICAGO
    Posts: 758

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Not allowed.
    Even if we own it?
    DEMITRI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 06:37 PM   #720
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 85,415

    Shows Seen: 108

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DEMITRI View Post
    Even if we own it?

    Yea. Copyrighted material can't be shared here, even if, in spirit, no one is getting hurt since you already own the physical media.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram